PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty

Phat Matt
09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to go tomorrow morning. I guess I've ditched it one to many times. This latest letter had lots of red on it and said Failure to Appear real big. Hopefully they kick me out quicker than Thumpertalk. :D

HemiDude
09-05-2007, 08:04 PM
If you weren't good enough for Thumper Talk, what makes you think you'll qualify for jury duty?:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :D

ahhell
09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
just go in with a Bloody Mary in your hand, They may ask you to leave:rolleyes:
I got the contempt of court letter once:(

duner21
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Ha ha i just did that. I always ditched it. But since i am now married my wife works downtown. She says we can have lunch that day. So i go and guess what 5 day murder trial.... good luck to you!

djunkie
09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I have to go tomorrow morning. I guess I've ditched it one to many times. This latest letter had lots of red on it and said Failure to Appear real big. Hopefully they kick me out quicker than Thumpertalk. :D
Damm that sucks for you. :jawdrop: :crossx: :crossx:

Phat Matt
09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe it will help if I wear a Michael Vick jersey with innocent written on it.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
What court

buzzaro
09-06-2007, 03:51 AM
You seem to have your own opinion most of the time..........lawyers hate that and one of the two will boot your ass:D

riverbound
09-06-2007, 04:28 AM
I still have yet to receive a summons.:idea:

RitcheyRch
09-06-2007, 04:45 AM
My doctor signs me out.

phebus
09-06-2007, 05:58 AM
I still have yet to receive a summons.:idea:
Me either. But year after tear, my trash saw quite a few envelopes that might have contained one........................:D

ratso
09-06-2007, 06:34 AM
I know this guy that has been out this week because he was picked. A jury of your peers, what a fukkin' joke... This guy is ADHD, can't concentrate on one thing for more than 2 minutes, is a habitual liar... any story he hears is exaggerated to where a normal story becomes "unfukkin' believable"...:jawdrop: come to think of it, I don't think he has ever told the truth in his entire life. He has tried scamming the cops, insurance companies... you name it.:mad: He's the type that will do whatever means necessary to GET PICKED, and then turn around and bitch and call them pieces of shit that only pay 30 or 40 dollars a day because they picked him.:rolleyes: I could go on all day about this clown... but it just goes to show what a Sham our system is.:yuk: I would hate to know my future was in the hands of some flake like this or some crack ***** or meth user or someone on the jury who I've banged their wife or girlfriend... :idea:

Jbb
09-06-2007, 06:43 AM
I know this guy that has been out this week because he was picked. A jury of your peers, what a fukkin' joke... This guy is ADHD, can't concentrate on one thing for more than 2 minutes, is a habitual liar... any story he hears is exaggerated to where a normal story becomes "unfukkin' believable"...:jawdrop: come to think of it, I don't think he has ever told the truth in his entire life. He has tried scamming the cops, insurance companies... you name it.:mad: He's the type that will do whatever means necessary to GET PICKED, and then turn around and bitch and call them pieces of shit that only pay 30 or 40 dollars a day because they picked him.:rolleyes: I could go on all day about this clown... but it just goes to show what a Sham our system is.:yuk: I would hate to know my future was in the hands of some flake like this or some crack ***** or meth user or someone on the jury who I've banged their wife or girlfriend... :idea:
You are describing, of course, Tom Brown.....!

Sportin' Wood
09-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Make sure you park between the lines.:mad:

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I know this guy that has been out this week because he was picked. A jury of your peers, what a fukkin' joke... This guy is ADHD, can't concentrate on one thing for more than 2 minutes, is a habitual liar... any story he hears is exaggerated to where a normal story becomes "unfukkin' believable"...:jawdrop: come to think of it, I don't think he has ever told the truth in his entire life. He has tried scamming the cops, insurance companies... you name it.:mad: He's the type that will do whatever means necessary to GET PICKED, and then turn around and bitch and call them pieces of shit that only pay 30 or 40 dollars a day because they picked him.:rolleyes: I could go on all day about this clown... but it just goes to show what a Sham our system is.:yuk: I would hate to know my future was in the hands of some flake like this or some crack ***** or meth user or someone on the jury who I've banged their wife or girlfriend... :idea:Positive reporting from the Lone Star state. Better off not getting in trouble there.

ratso
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Positive reporting from the Lone Star state. Better off not getting in trouble there.
Also makes me wonder... all the people on Death Row, if there are any truly innocent people there...:idea:
After all, if you can't afford good legal council, you're screwed... I doubt OJ would be walking the streets if he had been poor.

Ziggy
09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Also makes me wonder... all the people on Death Row, if there are any truly innocent people there...:idea:
After all, if you can't afford good legal council, you're screwed... I doubt OJ would be walking the streets if he had been poor.You know there are...it amazes me now to see how many people have now been released 20 yrs later for crimes they never committed. What kind of life do they expect a person like this to really have anymore..

Phat Matt
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I am out. Apparently they don't like racial jokes. :p

Jbb
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
What if it was an unauthorized Rick rolling trial....?

Phat Matt
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
To be honest I would be a little scared if I was on trial. There were 4 groups of people for I guess 4 trials. About 227 people in all (I was bored so I counted). I need to get out of San Bernardino because some of those people were scary. :sqeyes:
As I was sitting there for 4 hours waiting I was thinking I bet I could sway the 12 people in the Jury to one side or the other just using my sales skills. Screw trial by jury. :)

Jbb
09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
To be honest I would be a little scared if I was on trial. There were 4 groups of people for I guess 4 trials. About 227 people in all (I was bored so I counted). I need to get out of San Bernardino because some of those people were scary. :sqeyes:
As I was sitting there for 4 hours waiting I was thinking I bet I could sway the 12 people in the Jury to one side or the other just using my sales skills. Screw trial by jury. :)
Sales......Law.......Same thing....:D

Baja Big Dog
09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I pissed them off, got handicap plates, didn't show up, got the red ink letter and called them (I could talk to the president easier that talking to a human at the courts!!), told her I was there they didn't have any parking spaces for handicap, she told me they were in the front of the structure, I know, they were full, she released me....I was waiting for a long drawn out battle!!!

Phat Matt
09-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Sales......Law.......Same thing....:D
One cost a little to start. :D
My point is when you are locked in a room to discuss things I think it would be easier to persuade the jurors one way or another. After all, they are your "peers" and you are not a lawyer and are impartial to the case. It becomes a sales pitch at that point. :D

Dave C
09-06-2007, 01:21 PM
LOL... what do I gotta do to get you in a verdict today......:D

MR.rvrluvr
09-06-2007, 01:40 PM
I know this guy that has been out this week because he was picked. A jury of your peers, what a fukkin' joke... This guy is ADHD, can't concentrate on one thing for more than 2 minutes, is a habitual liar... any story he hears is exaggerated to where a normal story becomes "unfukkin' believable"...:jawdrop: come to think of it, I don't think he has ever told the truth in his entire life. He has tried scamming the cops, insurance companies... you name it.:mad: He's the type that will do whatever means necessary to GET PICKED, and then turn around and bitch and call them pieces of shit that only pay 30 or 40 dollars a day because they picked him.:rolleyes: I could go on all day about this clown... but it just goes to show what a Sham our system is.:yuk: I would hate to know my future was in the hands of some flake like this or somecrackwhore or meth user or someone on the jury who I've banged their wife or girlfriend... :idea:
whats wrong with crack whores?:D

WYRD
09-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Have your fate decided by 12 people whom are not even smart enough to get out of jury duty.....:rolleyes: I just went yesterday in Victorville, when I got there she told me I was needed in Barstow. I politely told her if I was that far North on the 15 my azz was hitting the 40 and heading to Havi, I was dismissed:D

Screaming Pete
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
did you hear Woppie on the brovo channel..........what do you call a black kid with wings in heaven.......an angle or ..a bat...............Now the question was. did you laugh because it was funny or because it was wrong:idea:

ratso
09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
whats wrong with crack whores?:D
:idea:

Phat Matt
09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
did you hear Woppie on the brovo channel..........what do you call a black kid with wings in heaven.......an angle or ..a bat...............Now the question was. did you laugh because it was funny or because it was wrong:idea:
Is this a joke against Italians? :)