PDA

View Full Version : FOCK i hate this crap

a catered life
02-24-2006, 10:51 AM
i gotta cut hours on all my employees :mad: i hate this crap :cry: ..we have been taking cuts left and right and now again........ the major problem is that i told my satff yesterday to come up with some alternative ideas to save money and at our meeting today they had nothing not one freaking idea. :argue: so it may be the axe for some or maybe half the hours :yuk:

JB in so cal
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
16 views and no replies: That's support, I tell 'ya.
First, I would ask for volunteers; never know, but some people may want to scale back for spring break etc.
Than bring the :hammer2:

riverbound
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
i gotta cut hours on all my employees :mad: i hate this crap :cry: ..we have been taking cuts left and right and now again........ the major problem is that i told my satff yesterday to come up with some alternative ideas to save money and at our meeting today they had nothing not one freaking idea. :argue: so it may be the axe for some or maybe half the hours :yuk:
I really dont see the problem.....you gave them the opportunity to save you money so you wouldnt have to do this and they decided not to take action. I think that if they start seeing hours cut and people start getting let go, the next time you ask for input on how to save money you will get plenty of hours.
If I were in your position, I would addrees them alongthe lines of this.
"Yesterday I sat you all down and asked for you to come up with ideas on how we as a company could save money. Well since there are no ways we can cut overhead without cutting hours I regretfully have to either cut hours, or even worse let some people go......... I know you guys went home and tried to think of ways to save the company money by running more efficiently, but it looks as though we have already done that and now I must do something. that is every (insert your title here, manger's/owner's) biggest fear. It looks as though we wont be able to afford to keep everyone on the staff here on a full time basis. I will think about this over the weekend and we will have anotnher meeting on Monday to discuss a plan of action to combat these slow times."
I can almost guarantee on Monday they will have some ideas for you ;)
has worked eveyr time I have had to make the same call I was in the position you currently are in.

riverbound
02-24-2006, 11:18 AM
16 views and no replies: That's support, I tell 'ya.
First, I would ask for volunteers; never know, but some people may want to scale back for spring break etc.
Than bring the :hammer2:
Sorry it took so long to type my response ;)

JB in so cal
02-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry it took so long to type my response ;)
:rolleyes:

Liberator TJ1984
02-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Don't have that problem here :skull:
I put in somewhere between 75 - 95 hrs a week on average w/85-110hrs OT, working on call 24hrs. a day for 11 days straight then off 3 day long weekend :rolleyes:
Boss just told me to tell my guys going to a 2 day weekend off now :yuk:
and the weekend we are on duty we have to stay at the office from 8am to 7pm minimum, we used to leave if things were slow and work as needed :cry:

a catered life
02-24-2006, 11:33 AM
I really dont see the problem.....you gave them the opportunity to save you money so you wouldnt have to do this and they decided not to take action. I think that if they start seeing hours cut and people start getting let go, the next time you ask for input on how to save money you will get plenty of hours.
If I were in your position, I would addrees them alongthe lines of this.
"Yesterday I sat you all down and asked for you to come up with ideas on how we as a company could save money. Well since there are no ways we can cut overhead without cutting hours I regretfully have to either cut hours, or even worse let some people go......... I know you guys went home and tried to think of ways to save the company money by running more efficiently, but it looks as though we have already done that and now I must do something. that is every (insert your title here, manger's/owner's) biggest fear. It looks as though we wont be able to afford to keep everyone on the staff here on a full time basis. I will think about this over the weekend and we will have anotnher meeting on Monday to discuss a plan of action to combat these slow times."
I can almost guarantee on Monday they will have some ideas for you ;)
has worked eveyr time I have had to make the same call I was in the position you currently are in.
so funny that what i just finished doing ...the room was quite as hell

riverbound
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM
so funny that what i just finished doing ...the room was quite as hell
Funny thing is to watch them start turning off unnecessary lights, turning down the heat/AC,etc. :D

lucky
02-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm telling you get a contract to the la schools -- Mr. Greenies home made brownies !!!! Donald trump would look up to you .....
lol :crossx:

a catered life
02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
check this out they never knew i have been primeing them for this for two months...everytime we have a person out i dont call for a sub they just absorb the work so today we got two people out and we have a 15 min meeting and they finished their work extra early.....that shows me that they can do more production with less time...... so i going to tell them the results of my little test and see what their reacation will be this shiat may get to be funny :idea:

HOSS
02-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Fire everyone and hire Mexicans.

a catered life
02-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Fire everyone and hire Mexicans.
wtf thats what i have already :p

Jyruiz
02-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Sucks you have to go thru this, but better them then you I guess, specially is they are not willing to help.

carreraboat
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
sorry about your dilemma. but on a lighter note your recipe, i made it last night and it was outstanding

meaniam
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM
work a 4 day week so you can beat the traffic to the river :cool:

Sleek-Jet
02-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I would have suggested that they let the manager go to save on his salary. :D

beyondhelpin
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Lemonade stands on busy intersection. Might even set up on the 405. :rollside:
That or cut upper management!