PDA

View Full Version : October 2007 BBSP?

STV_Keith
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Is there going to be an October BBSP get together this year? Haven't seen anyone say anything about it yet.

Wicky
09-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Is there going to be an October BBSP get together this year? Haven't seen anyone say anything about it yet.
Not I!! October/Nov is Long Range fishing time for me!!
I'll be on a boat (Red Rooster III) somewhere in Mex catching wahoo that swim faster than the average big block~~:eek:
Mow!!
Wicky

You Te
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Interesting idea.:D

DILLIGAF
09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey Keith....Looked for you today but we couldn't find you. Maybe that early AM call from you did not allow me to comprehend WTF you were saying :)
Send me some info on the dive school you went to please.
Thanks

Squirtin Thunder
09-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I heard that Oct 20 was the day in Parker.

STV_Keith
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey Keith....Looked for you today but we couldn't find you. Maybe that early AM call from you did not allow me to comprehend WTF you were saying :)
Send me some info on the dive school you went to please.
Thanks
Damn Tom, I was sure you were an early riser (going after the slips at KL at 5am and sh*t). :)
Pretty sure I saw you go by, headed North (probably to Gasoline Alley) around 11am or so, maybe a little later. Like I said, biggest Red EZ-UP on the beach, cabinsite cove. :)
Oh well, next time. :D
Just took the PADI Open Water class out of Sport Chalet. Cabinsite Cove has a school bus and a van sunk in it, as well as a boat about 2 coves up. That's why we make the drive from Vegas to there. :)

Havasu Daytona
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Keith,
When you get your final certification, let me know.
There is a old west ghost town under water just past Site 6 at the end of the island. Kind of in the middle, somewhat near the California side of Havasu. The saloon is still there with glasses and bottles, a livery stable, a jail and a hotel from the old days way before they built all the dams to control the Colorado river. I heard you can even swim through the windows of the hotel and the stable. I have the GPS coords around somewhere. Since it's about 20ft in depth where the town is, we should have about 45min or more air time to find it. We should make it a two tank dive.
I have a friend that is a master PADI instructor who also wants to go. In the winter the visibility is really good. Let's plan a dive in January or February 2008. Bring a full wetsuit or drysuit. I have always wanted to do the dive. I also understand there are a few P6 Spitfire airplanes down there that overran the old airport runway.
Talk to you soon,
Mark

STV_Keith
09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Will do Mark. Got my Advanced glass going on the end of this month...then hopefully the deep dive, wreck dive, enriched air and a few other specialties shortly thereafter.

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
What's BBSP??

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
What's BBSP??
Refer back to the last thread about BBSP where you spouted off at the mouth and then didn't show up to run what YOU brung.
Here it is for you: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144764

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Refer back to the last thread about BBSP where you spouted off at the mouth and then didn't show up to run what YOU brung.
Here it is for you: http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144764
Ohhh, that's the event where all you outboard guys hang out whever the fast boats don't. :rolleyes: If I recall I told you clowns to go down river.............none did.
I also remmeber a BBC taking the rubber chicken. And it was done with a cruiser family boat.
Keep your BBSP in the reeds where it belongs. That way you can garuntee that no fast BB powered boats will show up. Well except for the family cruisers out for a Sunday stroll on the water. ;)

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 06:47 PM
No problem...we'll stay in our section (notice you are in the OUTBOARD section) to stay away from azzholes like you. :D

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 06:50 PM
No problem...we'll stay in our section (notice you are in the OUTBOARD section) to stay away from azzholes like you. :D
Well when I buy my outboard powered family boat this winter you can take those words back ;) :D

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Well when I buy my outboard powered family boat this winter you can take those words back ;) :D
If you're still going to be the sh*t talker here, then you'll still be in that category to me. :sleeping:
I understand that some of you guys have this inate need to BS for any reason, but that's not my reason for being on this, or any other board. I'm here to meet COOL people, with similar interests and have fun.
Your I/O is faster, fine. Bring it up, show us, then have a beer/water and enjoy being on the lake. There are a few OB guys that didn't show last time out, and probably won't this time, but nevertheless there are a few, that give MANY I/O's issues. Sitting behind the keyboard, never showing your face to the public on this board in real life is just sh*t talking. :idea:

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 07:22 PM
If you're still going to be the sh*t talker here, then you'll still be in that category to me. :sleeping:
I understand that some of you guys have this inate need to BS for any reason, but that's not my reason for being on this, or any other board. I'm here to meet COOL people, with similar interests and have fun.
Your I/O is faster, fine. Bring it up, show us, then have a beer/water and enjoy being on the lake. There are a few OB guys that didn't show last time out, and probably won't this time, but nevertheless there are a few, that give MANY I/O's issues. Sitting behind the keyboard, never showing your face to the public on this board in real life is just sh*t talking. :idea:
I'm a shitt talker on all the boards....It's what I do. Not every post I make is considered "shitt talking" but more than few are. Big deal :rolleyes:
As far as "showing my face" goes, I attend every event that matters. I didn't buy my boat to go beat up on a bunch of outboards. If I'm there and they are then then fine, but I won't go out of my way to do it.
And you can't expect to title an event "Big Block SPANKING Party" without getting some flack for it. C'mon :rolleyes:

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a shitt talker on all the boards....It's what I do. Not every post I make is considered "shitt talking" but more than few are. Big deal :rolleyes:
As far as "showing my face" goes, I attend every event that matters. I didn't buy my boat to go beat up on a bunch of outboards. If I'm there and they are then then fine, but I won't go out of my way to do it.
And you can't expect to title an event "Big Block SPANKING Party" without getting some flack for it. C'mon :rolleyes:
Then you should be accustomed to being called out as such (or ignored).
If you're not going to go out of your way to attend, then why get on the thread in the first place? Just to sh*t talk I suppose? And I didn't name the event, just enjoy SHOWING UP and hanging with all the peeps.

Havasu Carrera
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
BBSP 10-20-2007
Come one come all!!!
I got a special SPANKER coming up for the ocasion. Anyone wanna ck it out its in front of my house!!!
As for Sh.t talking???? I got the first round for anyone that lines up!!! Anywhere in town any drink you like!!! CUZ YOU all a bunch o CHICKENS!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
EXACT location to be given to the SPANKERS and SPANKEES friday pm at the Naked TURTLE.
Rubber chickens to the super secret party on SAT.
OH!! and Squirtin Thunder!!! I want a re-match with your doughter. We all know she puts the kill on just about everyone on the boards!!! GREAT chick! Hows her racing Career going???

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Then you should be accustomed to being called out as such (or ignored).
If you're not going to go out of your way to attend, then why get on the thread in the first place? Just to sh*t talk I suppose? .
Yup!!
Maybe they should title it "Outboard get together" http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Squirtin Thunder
09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Rubber chickens to the super secret party on SAT.
OH!! and Squirtin Thunder!!! I want a re-match with your doughter. We all know she puts the kill on just about everyone on the boards!!! GREAT chick! Hows her racing Career going???
The only problem is she is smarter today than she was at the Sandbar. The kid is my walking talking computor.:D She is racing Oct. 6&7 in Bakersfield.

DCBDaytona
09-20-2007, 06:12 AM
If there is another BBSP I will be there this time. Let us know the details

Towndrunk
09-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, I never....................:idea: Shit talking red necked California queer.:D :D

stoker2001
09-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Yup!!
Maybe they should title it "Outboard get together" http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
you still gotta date with Laketrash and his smallblock Ford Jet next month?

QuickJet
09-22-2007, 05:04 PM
you still gotta date with Laketrash and his smallblock Ford Jet next month?
As far as I know. Haven't heard anything from him lately.

stoker2001
09-22-2007, 07:00 PM
last i heard he was bringing two boats to possibly run in the Parker 300 in four weeks
You planning on going or only if the "match race" is still a go?
I know he hangs out on another site and i can find out

QuickJet
09-22-2007, 09:59 PM
last i heard he was bringing two boats to possibly run in the Parker 300 in four weeks
You planning on going or only if the "match race" is still a go?
I know he hangs out on another site and i can find out
Only if the Match Race is still on.

Squirtin Thunder
09-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Whay not run the Parker 300 and be part of history ?:idea:

billet racing 1
09-25-2007, 04:22 AM
As the holder of the coveted "RUBBER CHICKEN", I was planning a trip in mid/late April. Since I need to defend my title, I should be there. Don't think I can make an October event.
Jerry

You Te
09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
As the holder of the coveted "RUBBER CHICKEN", I was planning a trip in mid/late April. Since I need to defend my title, I should be there. Don't think I can make an October event.
Jerry
You got the chicken cause I was not there.:D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
chilling :D

stoker2001
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Jerryjerry,i noticed you ran a NJBA race right after you cleaned house at the last BBSP
You should post your elapsed times in the 1/4,just to let everyone know how they measure up
good luck at the races
If you go to the World Finals IHBA race in November,come by are pit and say hey
Kevin Kraft

billet racing 1
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I did not run, my daughter did. Any way, the best we ran was a 10.4 at 99. Had some issues with the engine tuning. Eventually found out the harmonic balancer sheered the keys. timing was all over the place.
Work will keep me away from the October run, but I look forward to losing the chicken in April. I know there are faster boats out there than me. I was actually disappointed that some of you did not show up. And thats what you get for the no show. Without me, you have a whacker party. Come on, wussies, gang up on me in April and take back whats rightfully yours. I don't care if I lose, and i can admit, with all the trash talking that goes, on, every one was great. But if you think I'm going down without a fight, your wrong.
Jerry

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I did not run, my daughter did. Any way, the best we ran was a 10.4 at 99. Had some issues with the engine tuning. Eventually found out the harmonic balancer sheered the keys. timing was all over the place.
Work will keep me away from the October run, but I look forward to losing the chicken in April. I know there are faster boats out there than me. I was actually disappointed that some of you did not show up. And thats what you get for the no show. Without me, you have a whacker party. Come on, wussies, gang up on me in April and take back whats rightfully yours. I don't care if I lose, and i can admit, with all the trash talking that goes, on, every one was great. But if you think I'm going down without a fight, your wrong.
Jerry
Ya, what he said!:D
You're all a bunch of string pullin' eggbeaters!:eek: :D :devil: :) :jawdrop: ;):D
and that's what you get for calling it the big block spanking party...a hoax I tell you.:)

Wicky
09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Jerry
I won the biggest bass award though!!!:D

stoker2001
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
JerryDidnt mean to start anything here as i have alot of respect for anyone that runs at the drags and just dont spout off how fast they are:o
Wife and i were at the IHBA Pheonix opener racing last BBSP,or we probably would have been there.I really want to see more outboard boats at the drags as they have classes for anything that can run around 80 mph in the 1/4 and lets face it everone has to start somewhere
10.4 ET is very respectable for a 21 Daytona that doubles as a full time lake boat
You are right,there is always someone faster
I was at the 2005 BBsp and there was at least one or more OBs that would of sawed me off easily,in fact a honest nine second (probably quicker) flat on 400hp of spray showed up and a certain Mirage (not mine)paired up and ran to 110mph (around 1/8) and nosed the flat out:idea:

MAXIMUS
09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
[SIZE="5"]
and that's what you get for calling it the big block spanking party...a hoax I tell you.:)
YEA:devil: A FRIGGIN HOAX!:messedup:

You Te
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Interesting!!!:D

You Te
09-26-2007, 02:49 PM
YEA:devil: A FRIGGIN HOAX!:messedup:
You're the only hoax here Max.:D

MAXIMUS
09-26-2007, 03:32 PM
You're the only hoax here Max.:D
Thanks T!

You Te
09-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks T!
You're welcome Max.

MAXIMUS
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
You're welcome Max.
Why don't you come out at least once & watch you hopeless corn bandit...:idea:

Towndrunk
09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
I told him how boring it is.:idea:

Wicky
09-29-2007, 05:15 AM
I told him how boring it is.:idea:
That's why you bring your fishing rod TD!! First two casts and two nice bass!!!
And then you troll.

You Te
09-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

MAXIMUS
10-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Ok... then stick to the "BBSP"...:rolleyes: crazy fun there!:notam:

You Te
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Ok Max, I'll stick to BBSP.

Towndrunk
10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Ok Max, I'll stick to BBSP.
Now theres a REAL event.:D

roscoe p coltraine
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Ya, what he said!:D
You're all a bunch of string pullin' eggbeaters!:eek: :D :devil: :
damn yuppies!!::D

H.M.
10-14-2007, 01:04 PM
so is there going to be one or what? is it on the 20th?

DCBDaytona
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
so is there going to be one or what? is it on the 20th?
I'd like to know as well...Will be in Havi Thurs-Sun.

Faceaz
10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
So, is it still on the strip on the 20th? If so where abouts, the Parker 300 is the same day right? We'll be out watching, probably our last trip of our season.