PDA

View Full Version : To Beach or Not to Beach?????

zgoo
09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I've had other deep water boat and this is my first jet boat I have a question about beaching one's boat. Since my other boats where larger and I would never beach it because of the drive and bottom damage, why is it I see so many of you guy beach your boats? It would seem that it would hurt the gel coat. Beaching it would seem to hurt the resale due to reading in ads about the seller saying that the boat has never been beached. What say you?

TRG
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
have it touched up before you sell it and claim to have never beached it!...every time i have looked at a boat with that claim, it had clearly been re gel'd at the keel! Every one i have seen!:idea:
Alot of B.S. out there for sale!
Todd

4trax
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Although it really don't matter with mine as it already shows signs of beaching. But I don't beach mine. I throw a anchor out and let it float. I get out and walk in 2-3 feet of water to shore or stand,sit at sandbar. To each there own.

Devilman
09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll beach mine, I don't really give a damn.... Resale value has never been a factor in anything I own, I just don't see the point in owning something, but constantly worrying about what you do with it because it may "hurt the resale".... :confused: I mean, I won't run it up on shore at 20 miles an hour or anything, but I don't have a problem beaching it. When I bought my boat, worrying about how much I could get for it if I tried to sell it never crossed my mind, but there again, I don't buy stuff to get rid of it....

TRG
09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Although it really don't matter with mine as it already shows signs of beaching. But I don't beach mine. I throw a anchor out and let it float. I get out and walk in 2-3 feet of water to shore or stand,sit at sandbar. To each there own.
"Splendid" avitar there 4trax!

Devilman
09-06-2007, 06:35 PM
You should see the bigger version......:D

FuelInMyVeins82
09-06-2007, 06:41 PM
I've had other deep water boat and this is my first jet boat I have a question about beaching one's boat. Since my other boats where larger and I would never beach it because of the drive and bottom damage, why is it I see so many of you guy beach your boats? It would seem that it would hurt the gel coat. Beaching it would seem to hurt the resale due to reading in ads about the seller saying that the boat has never been beached. What say you?
The main thing about beaching a boat is that it can get sand in the pump and ruin the tollerances between the impeller and the wear ring. If you dont have a detailed pump its not as big of deal but you may eventually loose some performance because of it.

TRG
09-06-2007, 06:52 PM
You should see the bigger version......:D
I would be traveling rough water at that point!....but then again that is the reason why i bought a tunnel! lol

Outlaw
09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I dont beach mine. I never have understood the idea of taking a low freeboard boat, running the bow up on the beach which lowers the transon even more. but then again
all of my boating friends beach theirs. each to their own I guess.

gunslinger
09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes indeed.

IndianaTahiti
09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I second that!:devil:

biggraypig
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Why worry? Just have fun.

Aluminum Squirt
09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
+1 on the avatar. Yes I beach it.....usually at WOT, at least in the middle of the river, usually just slide it right off the other side of the sand/gravel/rock/tree bar. If I don't make it across, well....that's why I carry a strong navigator :D .On the side of the river/lake I just slide it up there a few feet, keeps the aluminum polished-Aluminum Squirt

Schiada Time
09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
With my jet I would gently pull it on the sand. With my V-drive cruiser I set a stern anchor and run a stake from the bow eye to the beach.
ST

TRG
09-07-2007, 04:39 PM
5 of 15 posts agree that there needs to be a larger possibly different pic of 4trax' avitar.

suckin&pumpin
09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
make that 6 out of 16

pw_Tony
09-07-2007, 06:33 PM
7 out of 17!
And I beach cause it's a frickin jet boat.

TRG
09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Too F'ing funny!:D You are all a bunch of perverts!:D

4trax
09-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't wanna get the boots.:D From the site either:D
The wife says Thank-you:D

bad muchacho
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I have a painted hull and I try not to beach in ruff gravely type of sand but soft stuff dosent bother the paint enough to worry about, paints easy to fix and cheap in comp. to gell, at least for me:) I als will only beach it at a very low speed or pullit up bu hand.

jungledave
09-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I have an ugly scratched 83 sleekcraft Kauai, [wish I could easily get a pic to show ya} and the nice thing about this boat is I don't worry about docking it or beaching it or wether to bother traveling with a cover on it. I love it even more cause I use it and abuse it and the value will remain the same;$6000 motor in a $2500 boat. If I worried about scratching it every time I took it out I would't be haveing much fun with it. Now if I had a damned nice tunnel hull, wich I am looking for I would probably never beach it