PDA

View Full Version : One simple request...

OGShocker
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I remember when this forum had a little class and decorum. A time when Summerlove would come of with a comment that was way off in left field and we would all discuss it, some times at nauseum. But, we discussed it in a manner most of us could be proud of.
I must say this section has fallen into a dark abyss. A trench where "Bush is a P R I C K", "Hillary is a bitch" and that poster or this poster is an assclown, speak that scars us all. A vast emptiness, I am sure it will never recover from. Where grown men fall to the level of name calling that has no place in civil times and places.
No matter how we vote or what we think, we are all Americans. Maybe it is time we start acting like it again.
OGS

OGShocker
09-06-2007, 07:41 PM
This was a prime example (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62134&highlight=OGShocker)

eliminatedsprinter
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I remember when this forum had a little class and decorum. A time when Summerlove would come of with a comment that was way off in left field and we would all discuss it, some times at nauseum. But, we discussed it in a manner most of us could be proud of.
I must say this section has fallen into a dark abyss. A trench where "Bush is a P R I C K", "Hillary is a bitch" and that poster or this poster is an assclown, speak that scars us all. A vast emptiness, I am sure it will never recover from. Where grow men fall to the level of name calling that has no place in civil times and places.
No matter how we vote or what we think, we are all Americans. Maybe it is time we start acting like it again.
OGS
Ya think??;) :D
P.S. Thanks.:)

ULTRA26 # 1
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I must say this section has fallen into a dark abyss. A trench where "Bush is a P R I C K", "Hillary is a bitch" and that poster or this poster is an assclown, speak that scars us all. A vast emptiness, I am sure it will never recover from. Where grow men fall to the level of name calling that has no place in civil times and places.
OGS
Well put
Thanks for the reminder

Schiada76
09-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh YEAH!!! Says who?? Piss off bitch!!!!! :mad: :mad: :sqeyes:
Just kidding!:D :D :D
Actually politics in this country have always been hotly debted and filled with vitriol, read some of the slurs and invective hurled back and forth through out our countries history. Hell they used to duel to the death.:sqeyes:
HMMMMMMMMMMM
Ok Ultra this it.......flintlocks at twenty paces!:devil: :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh YEAH!!! Says who?? Piss off bitch!!!!! :mad: :mad: :sqeyes:
Just kidding!:D
Actually politics in this country have always been hotly debted and filled with vitriol, read some of the slurs and invective hurled back and forth through out our countries history. Hell they used to duel to the death.:sqeyes:
HMMMMMMMMMMM
Ok Ultra this it.......flintlocks at twenty paces!:devil: :D :D
I think it should be 10 :argue:
Sushi anyone? :eat:

SmokinLowriderSS
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I think it should be 10 :argue:
Sushi anyone? :eat:
5 paces, and I only go CAPLOCK. No failures to fire that way. .54 Cal
You go ahead and bring your flinter. :D

Old Texan
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Not all of us....
So Canada ain't in North America any more??????:D

never_fast_enuf
09-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Thoughtful honest debate would be nice...ain't gonna happen.
The far left isn't capable due to the fact that they rule their lives with pure emotion. Facts aren't considered since feelings take precedent in their minds. It really is as simple as that.
I simply will not sit by and let people spew complete lies and not challenge them on it. I have tried the civil tone and I have tried the nasty tone. Neither works on someone who is so willing to disregard facts in order to continue to feed their irrational "feelings".
What are you left with? Not much other than to so deride someone for their extreme ignorance that one day they may actually seek the truthÂ…
Like I said, it ain't gonna happen.

Old Texan
09-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Blame on MoveOn. The Soros backed lies are becoming more and more devisive. The WSJ recently had an article on this very topic.

never_fast_enuf
09-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Blame on MoveOn. The Soros backed lies are becoming more and more devisive. The WSJ recently had an article on this very topic.
Moveon, code pink, all of what used to be the far left nut bag fringe has unfortunately become the power brokers of the party. They raise far too much money with the backing of billionaire freak shows like Soros. The dems are beholden to them and the allure of power is far greater than what is right and good for the country.
It is similar to several years ago when the fundamentalist Christians had so much influence on the republicans. The difference is, the RNC backed them away somewhat rather than allowing themselves to be held hostage.
The fact is, most people in the country are right in the middle of the two extremes...but money talks and evidently, the democrats can't shake the addiction.

Steve 1
09-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I must say this section has fallen into a dark abyss. A trench where "Bush is a P R I C K", "Hillary is a bitch" and that poster or this poster is an assclown, speak that scars us all. A vast emptiness, I am sure it will never recover from. Where grown men fall to the level of name calling that has no place in civil times and places.
OGS
That is a problem since the liberals Hate and have left America searching for their ROOTS and are currently somewhere between Stalin and Mao. In short who cares??

Blown 472
09-10-2007, 02:54 PM
That is a problem since the liberals Hate and have left America searching for their ROOTS and are currently somewhere between Stalin and Mao. In short who cares??
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

eliminatedsprinter
09-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Moveon, code pink, all of what used to be the far left nut bag fringe has unfortunately become the power brokers of the party. They raise far too much money with the backing of billionaire freak shows like Soros. The dems are beholden to them and the allure of power is far greater than what is right and good for the country.
It is similar to several years ago when the fundamentalist Christians had so much influence on the republicans. The difference is, the RNC backed them away somewhat rather than allowing themselves to be held hostage.
The fact is, most people in the country are right in the middle of the two extremes...but money talks and evidently, the democrats can't shake the addiction.
True, but the fundamentalists never had as much power as the the nutty moveon types do now and they also never wanted to play Robinhood and steal from the middle class and the "rich" and give to the beaurocrats, the politicians, the lawyers, and (oh yea) "the poor".

'75 Miller
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
True, but the fundamentalists never had as much power as the the nutty moveon types do now and they also never wanted to play Robinhood and steal from the middle class and the "rich" and give to the beaurocrats, the politicians, the lawyers, and (oh yea) "the poor".
EXACTLY

Old Texan
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Soros' agenda is different. The "Radical Right Fundamentalists" had their, to them, sincere beliefs. Soros and his ilk for whatever their reason, just want to topple the "Establishment".
Soros' crew is "evil" personified as far as America stands. It isn't about the money, they just want to destroy the country and play on the ignorant or those with personal agendas too stupid to realize they are making "deals with the devil".
Hopefully more major media outlets will take the hint from the WS Journal and start pointing out the inherent danger of letting a crazy fringe group like MoveOn influence our society.

OGShocker
09-11-2007, 05:53 AM
In short, I do.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 09:46 AM
In short, I do.
I believe that most Americans care.

eliminatedsprinter
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I believe that most Americans care
about Anna Nichole's baby.......:) ;)

ULTRA26 # 1
09-11-2007, 12:42 PM
about Anna Nichole's baby.......:) ;)