PDA

View Full Version : Question 4 Rhino Owners

WTMFA
09-07-2007, 03:43 PM
How many hours have you put on your rhino before the belt failed? Do you drive it on the street and if so does the life of your belt suffer from it? Just curious.
FNG

RiverRatMike
09-07-2007, 04:10 PM
How many hours have you put on your rhino before the belt failed? Do you drive it on the street and if so does the life of your belt suffer from it? Just curious.
FNG
A Polaris belt will fail much more faster than a Rhino belt. I have 1100 miles on my Rhino, it has been absolutly flawless!

FLATS ONLY
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Have only replaced 3 belts and they were all abused and had over 3000 miles. I have seen alot of them with 3000 miles or more with no belt problems.If they had any belt problems it would be all over the internet!

RiverDave
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
A Polaris belt will fail much more faster than a Rhino belt. I have 1100 miles on my Rhino, it has been absolutly flawless!
Not being a rhino owner or a polaris owner here.. I'm just curious how did you come to that conclusion that a Polaris belt will fail faster? What's the life expectancy of either? Do you know more then one instance where one has failed before the other?
RD

riverbound
09-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Not being a rhino owner or a polaris owner here.. I'm just curious how did you come to that conclusion that a Polaris belt will fail faster? What's the life expectancy of either? Do you know more then one instance where one has failed before the other?
RD
What Riverratmike is failing to post is that the Old Ranger belts were made out of the same compund they use in snowmobiles and the sand/dirt was eating them up. That has since been changed and they have no problems now, just as the rhino does.
Not exactly sure where his "facts" come from though.;)

mbrown2
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Not exactly sure where his "facts" come from though.;)
From the Blue Bible...:)

Hal
09-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Mike you should have been a Yamaha Rhino mechanic in the Vegas to Reno race. They could have used you. The only side x side that finished and won the race was a Polaris RZR. Not one of the ten Rhino's entered was able to finish the race. Whats up with that? It was also the only Polaris entered in the race.

Havasu1986
09-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Mike you should have been a Yamaha Rhino mechanic in the Vegas to Reno race. They could have used you. The only side x side that finished and won the race was a Polaris RZR. Not one of the ten Rhino's entered was able to finish the race. Whats up with that? It was also the only Polaris entered in the race.
Well if the Polaris was the only one to finish...I don't think they would come in 2nd. :D