PDA

View Full Version : Mexican trucks having access to the USA

smoker
09-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Mexican trucks having access to the USA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry guys. This is too funny.
A lot of you bitch about the Unions.
The fact of the matter is, the only ones I've seen trying to make a statement about this matter, are the Teamsters Rep's down at the border.
Has anyone from ***boat gone down and thrown up a sign against the Mexican drivers coming over the border? Not that I can tell. I may be wrong.
Am I a union guy? Yes. Am I a strong supporter of the unions? To a point.
Am I concerned about matters like this? Absolutely.
People wonder why their wages have gone down over the last few years. Try to mix a third world country with our standard of living. Unless you have your own business and are dealing with a speciality as far as a commodity goes, I feel that some of you might have forgotten what our unions have done to contribute to "our" financial well being over the years.
Have the unions gotten greedy, have they been ran by power hungry people, have mistakes been made? Of course! But the backbone of the unions are not the people who run them, but the people who are their lifeblood. They are the ones that suffer with the trucks coming over from Mexico, the low wages, etc. And in the long run? You will be too. The short term? yuk yuk. In the long term?
Read my post again in a year from now.
I'm sure you'll see reductions in your shipping cost's. Now that's funny.
I'm going to get nailed for this , no pun intended.

'75 Miller
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Unions are funny. Recently the Feds announced that they'd be sending out letters to businesses informing them that some of their employees were working under FALSIFIED social security numbers. The plan was/is to give the businesses 90 days to get the situations straightened out. Just before the letters were to be sent the afl-cio in conjunction with the aclu successfully petitioned in federal court to have the measure stopped. Seems they don't want employers to be notified that they're likely employing ILLEGALS.

Baja Big Dog
09-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Pass the pipe..
your right here goes...
Whose wages have gone DOWN?:confused:
The teamsters reps are down there to make a stance for the rank and file to see that they are gonna try to push the teamsters way of the past on the Mexicans. This wont work with the Mexicans....analyze what these "Reps" do for a living, they do not do alot, and dam they are sure compensate, think that might drive them to show there fat asses up and hold up a sign for the media???
What the fock does the ***boat people have to do with a question like that? Let me ask you a simple question, lets set it up, its 9:00 PM, its a four hour drive to the Calexico border, (which is where a majority of the trucks are coming in from) does that mean you left the border at about 5:00PM to get home. the question is were you down there? doubtful, yo can come on here and tell us you were since you are being called out, but my bet is it would be bullshit!!!
I am a business owner and what has the focking unions done for me??? A lot, it it was for the unions and there practice of not allowing employers to fire stupid workers (pretty rough word, but no sugarcoating here right?) I would not make the money I make, if these freight jockeys that could not destroy equipment (trucks, forklifts etc), and customers goods. and get away with it.
Unfortuanally the leaders of the unions ARE the one responsible for the situation with the unions, the rank and file follow these guys like rats over the cliff!
Who will suffer in the long run, unfortunately the Owner/Operator, notice I capitalize Owner/Operator, that is out of respect for these poor bastards, they will suffer.
Where are the Teamsters now, they were all puffy chested two years ago when this talk started, claiming they were responsible for teh trucks not coming, OPPS!!!!
Thats my rant...flame away!!!:jawdrop:

smoker
09-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Damn Big Dog.
Like I said. Am I a union guy? To a point, yes. Union rep's that I know, put in a lot of hours.
Was I down at the border? No. I never said that I was. Sorry that you misunderstood me.
All that I said about "***boat PEOPLE" was a generic comment for this place. I should have said ***boat. I've been reading these boards for some time and getting a kick out of most on here. All that I have met are great people.
And thank you for having some sympathy for me but I'm doing ok. :D . I've owned a truck for about 20 years now. And I am NOT a "poor bastard" in your words. Cheap maybe. But poor?? nahhhh I saw the NAFTA thing coming for sometime now, and branched out so to speak.
And I'm not ranting. Just some conversation. Not trying to offend anyone. OOOPS?