PDA

View Full Version : NJBA Drag Races

Cs19
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Whos headed up to Bakersweird for the drags?
I hear Mares98, Mike D. and DJD are going to run their sleds, should be a very solid field in UBFJ. Good luck guys!

Johnwithjm
09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I hear Mares98, Mike D. and DJD are going to run their sleds, should be a very solid field in UBFJ. Good luck guys!
Good luck guys I may not make it.

Cs19
09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
:confused:
Whats up John?

cyclone
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
John and Miller spotted the 999 boat on the 15 freeway tonight on the way to another super top secret test and he must of got skeered.

BUSBY
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
John and Miller spotted the 999 boat on the 15 freeway tonight on the way to another super top secret test and he must of got skeered.
:D :D :D

djdtpr
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Ya i bet thats what it is!!!!! Rumors spread quick about your hot rod. Probably going to San Diego to run IHBA instead.

Cs19
09-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Danny, cant remember when the last time you raced was.. I bet your psyched to get back on the rope, good luck out there..Boat looks nice, should be stout with 950 on motor plus the N20. Might drop you right into low 8s with the rest of the boys in UBF

djdtpr
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
We will see like i said the hardware is a mile off so i am gonna try and do some test and tune in blythe this week before we leave. I am having to move the seat bracket back and move the bottle also. Id be stoked if it dropped into the low 8s but we will have to wait and see. Are you going to be there?

Cs19
09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Im going to try and come up and watch one day, I will stop by the island and say wassup. If we stay the night its on at the Finishline. Payback is a bitch;)

Johnwithjm
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Yep that is the deal:D

djdtpr
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
If we stay the night its on at the Finishline. Payback is a bitch;)
We are taking a 35ft weekend warrior and staying at the track but if we end up in town its crown poppers and jeager bombers for the house.

cyclone
09-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Ya i bet thats what it is!!!!! Rumors spread quick about your hot rod. Probably going to San Diego to run IHBA instead.
they're probably nothing compared to the rumors floating around about la kamp's old hot rod.

Mike D..
09-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Good luck guys I may not make it.
:rolleyes: Drama Queen just make sure you leave me some room.

Johnwithjm
09-10-2007, 09:57 AM
:rolleyes: Drama Queen just make sure you leave me some room.
If I go I will save you a spot.

djdtpr
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM
they're probably nothing compared to the rumors floating around about la kamp's old hot rod.
Thats funny ive herd a few of thos also! Something about 8.60 with a 460 ci deal that was making like 750 hp. Sure would like to know the truth and what hardware was in it then.

1320h2o
09-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Thats funny ive herd a few of thos also! Something about 8.60 with a 460 ci deal that was making like 750 hp. Sure would like to know the truth and what hardware was in it then.
It was 460 but made about 875hp: I drove it for a weekend set the mph record in ski jet think it was 116 or something close!!!!:D

Bense468
09-10-2007, 03:27 PM
It was 460 but made about 875hp: I drove it for a weekend set the mph record in ski jet think it was 116 or something close!!!!:D
Do you remember the et? Or what kinda underwater hardware she had in it?

1320h2o
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Do you remember the et? Or what kinda underwater hardware she had in it?
ET 8.60 had a real small impeller like a c- or sumthin lots of shoe tommy pretty much took care of the set up back then!!

djdtpr
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Well the hp you are stating and the ET are starting to make sense now,I couldnt figure out how the hell they got 750hp to run 8.60. Hopefully we will get her figured out and down the track with no problems this next weekend. If you are going to be there i would like to talk to you about the boat and kind of see what all imfo you could help us with,we will be on the island next to the 475 boat and the 509 boat.
Thanks
Danny

1320h2o
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Well the hp you are stating and the ET are starting to make sense now,I couldnt figure out how the hell they got 750hp to run 8.60. Hopefully we will get her figured out and down the track with no problems this next weekend. If you are going to be there i would like to talk to you about the boat and kind of see what all imfo you could help us with,we will be on the island next to the 475 boat and the 509 boat.
Thanks
Danny
Going to the lake instead talked to joe earlier today he will be there you can ask him!! dont know what shoe you have but 12 1/4 opening 1/8 ABOVE KEEL and mabe 1/2 down cant remember flat or back cut thinkn flat shoe!! 3 125 nozzle should be a good starting point goodluck!!!!!
steve!!

Mike D..
09-10-2007, 06:36 PM
So whats keeping you from coming?

cyclone
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
ET 8.60 had a real small impeller like a c- or sumthin lots of shoe tommy pretty much took care of the set up back then!!
how far was the holding rope away from the starting line back then? I think it's shorter now.

Cs19
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
So whats keeping you from coming?
My racing is on a budget this year Mike so im going to hit the late season races. I never missed a race for a few years there so its no big deal to miss a few races here and there, worst part is hearing about it from everyone else :squiggle: The boat is rock solid, just went through it (leak down,springs,lash,filter check) and all is good. I think its running strong so Im feeling good about racing it later this year. Got a few bones to pick out there so trust me when I say I wish I was going.
Have fun up there, you will do well.

Squirtin Thunder
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
I will be there for the Nov race. Maybe a grudge match deal.:D

Mike D..
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
My racing is on a budget this year Mike so im going to hit the late season races. I never missed a race for a few years there so its no big deal to miss a few races here and there, worst part is hearing about it from everyone else :squiggle: The boat is rock solid, just went through it (leak down,springs,lash,filter check) and all is good. I think its running strong so Im feeling good about racing it later this year. Got a few bones to pick out there so trust me when I say I wish I was going.
Have fun up there, you will do well.
Thanks! I hope I can get the hang of the rope.
P.S
I have got a deal for you. I will pay your entry fee and you wear one of our jerseys A BLUE JERSEY. BC Racing:D
seriously sorry to hear your not coming with the boat, are you coming to watch or help anybody? Or are you headed down to San Diego

pattymelt18
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
what up big steve how u been? if i remeber correctly its the same impeller hes runnin now.i do also remeber the motor was like 35 inches off the transom though.
Djdtpr if u want to know a little bit more about the boat jim guthrie would help joe alot with that boat also.we werent runnin data on that boat back then so with jims experience and tommys expirence i remeberthem havn alot of discussions on the hardware of the boat.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
what up big steve how u been? if i remeber correctly its the same impeller hes runnin now.i do also remeber the motor was like 35 inches off the transom though.
Djdtpr if u want to know a little bit more about the boat jim guthrie would help joe alot with that boat also.we werent runnin data on that boat back then so with jims experience and tommys expirence i remeberthem havn alot of discussions on the hardware of the boat.
Josh you running this weekend?

Cs19
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Blue cup jersey..LOL NEVER!
I will be up there filiming you guys and checking time slips, not crewing for anyone!

Bense468
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I will be up there making sure both the cl and bl coolers are full.

pattymelt18
09-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Josh you running this weekend?
nah i thought u guys were going to san diego so i planeed on checkn out the old cs killa but it sounds like hes gonna be pullin the same race schedule that i plan on so that just equals way too much fun in bakersfield and the phoenix. i just read the next post and it sounds like ross is motors done so whens the next river trip.

Cs19
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
nah i thought u guys were going to san diego so i planeed on checkn out the old cs killa but it sounds like hes gonna be pullin the same race schedule that i plan on so that just equals way too much fun in bakersfield and the phoenix. i just read the next post and it sounds like ross is motors done so whens the next river trip.
The last 3 races are always the best, looking forward to it Pattymelt :)

FuelInMyVeins82
09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Mid October hopefully.

djdtpr
09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
The motor is still at 33 1/2 from the transome to the back motor plate. I am taking plenty of hardware with me so if there are any changes to be made we should be ok. With any luck i can get it to run as good as my blue and white one.

1320h2o
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Im good josh you gunna run that thing soon? :Dthose boys are in for it when you do!!!! :D Tell jim hi hope momma and the baby are good!

1320h2o
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
how far was the holding rope away from the starting line back then? I think it's shorter now.
I think its 25 feet shorter now:idea: not sure though!!

cyclone
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I think its 25 feet shorter now:idea: not sure though!!
seemed like it. i just didnt know when it was shortened up. like a lot of boats from back in the day...that would be part of the reason that boat ran so good before...it had a longer run at the starting line than the boats racing today have.

bp
09-11-2007, 08:00 AM
are you talking about the stealth lakamp owned for awhile?

Cs19
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
are you talking about the stealth lakamp owned for awhile?
Yes DJD is racing that boat at Ming this weekend.

bp
09-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes DJD is racing that boat at Ming this weekend.
well, i hate to disagree with whoever, but that boat DID have data collection. i saw it run several times, and joe asked me to look at the data once when we were all pitted next to him on the island (not long before he sold it).
also, the rope is in the same place now as it was then, with respect to the distance to the starting line.

pattymelt18
09-11-2007, 08:41 AM
well, i hate to disagree with whoever, but that boat DID have data collection. i saw it run several times, and joe asked me to look at the data once when we were all pitted next to him on the island (not long before he sold it).
also, the rope is in the same place now as it was then, with respect to the distance to the starting line.
Joe pitted on the island once huh.but at any rate i could be mistaken good luck this weekend bob.

bp
09-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Joe pitted on the island once huh.but at any rate i could be mistaken good luck this weekend bob.
thanks josh.
yes, that was 6-7 years ago, i can't remember exactly. keith always pitted the biz on the island, under the same tree. joe was either next to us, or one spot on the other side of pissetti. frank always used to pit at the end of the island as well as dan. the data was... -interesting-. they were somewhat frustrated. maybe joe still has the data files? as i recall, joe didn't race that boat for very long, before he had jack rigging the new gullwing.

1320h2o
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
thanks josh.
yes, that was 6-7 years ago, i can't remember exactly. keith always pitted the biz on the island, under the same tree. joe was either next to us, or one spot on the other side of pissetti. frank always used to pit at the end of the island as well as dan. the data was... -interesting-. they were somewhat frustrated. maybe joe still has the data files? as i recall, joe didn't race that boat for very long, before he had jack rigging the new gullwing.
Bob your the drag boat racing encyclopedia:D

bp
09-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Bob your the drag boat racing encyclopedia:D
nah, just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the right time.. or right place, wrong time, can't decide.
being around this stuff for awhile, and often, the dragboat racing community is a not a very large world, especially the guys dedicated to jets.

1320h2o
09-11-2007, 07:15 PM
nah, just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the right time.. or right place, wrong time, can't decide.
being around this stuff for awhile, and often, the dragboat racing community is a not a very large world, especially the guys dedicated to jets.
Really wow i didnt know that!!:idea:

1320h2o
09-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Have you been racing for a long time bob? You seem to be the man on the boards!!

probablecause
09-11-2007, 07:45 PM
This will be my first trip and I am really looking forward to the testosterone driven weekend. Carne asada, jalapeno poppers, beer, and lots of toilet paper. Keep your eye out for the Raptor and the topkick beast...
http://www.familymotorsports.com/images/2007%20-%20Ventura%20-%20August/HPIM5645.JPG
http://www.familymotorsports.com/images/2007%20-%20Ventura%20-%20August/HPIM5644.JPG

Cs19
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
If anyone is interested in sponsoring a bad ass UBFJ for the weekend shoot me a PM or Email Cstark1978@yahoo.com. Willing to run stickers, t-shirts, bikini team in the pit, whatever it takes.:D
Chris

Red Rocket
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
You should hit up Inland Ultra!

FuelInMyVeins82
09-11-2007, 08:09 PM
If anyone is interested in sponsoring a bad ass UBFJ for the weekend shoot me a PM or Email Cstark1978@yahoo.com. Willing to run stickers, t-shirts, bikini team in the pit, whatever it takes.:D
Chris
how about roller derby wife beaters :D

Mike D..
09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
You should hit up Inland Ultra!
they seem to have an endless supply of money to recruit. they only have a small fee attached sell them your soul. My offer still stands !

RCB19
09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
how about roller derby wife beaters :D
Xtra small with a hairy ass beer gut hanging out.

djdtpr
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Chris
Hmmmmm Very very tempting! Will you anounce the sponsors also? Aso will you pit in a different area? This could be monumental and the pics could be worth it!:D

djdtpr
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
they seem to have an endless supply of money to recruit. they only have a small fee attached sell them your soul. My offer still stands !
Friggin sellout!!!!!!!! Just when i thought you had morals you go off and do something like this.:jawdrop: You should be ashamed of yourself!:D Dont worry i have to roll Johnwithjm and John D with Inland Ultra as a sponsor also. Rumor has it there will be a limo rolling through Ming friday night picking a bunch of people up for a batchler party in town!
Bet thats gonna hurt!

FuelInMyVeins82
09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Xtra small with a hairy ass beer gut hanging out.
LOL dont make me post pics.

Cs19
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
LOL dont make me post pics.
I dont reccomend that.

Cs19
09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Hmmmmm Very very tempting! Will you anounce the sponsors also? Aso will you pit in a different area? This could be monumental and the pics could be worth it!:D
announce the sponsor, run the decals, etc. etc.
I was actually serious about it, looking for a biz to get involved and help out a little with the costs of boat racing.. One race a year is no biggie a whole season can add up.

sofa king smooth
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
The red cup pension can help with one class.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I was actually serious about it, looking for a biz to get involved and help out a little with the costs of boat racing.. One race a year is no biggie a whole season can add up.
I think Mike D said he would help you out. Take him up on his offer he is a baller. Inland is taking care of the Gold cup guys so we have no more money for new guys:D DJD the limo is a great idea count me in;)

Cs19
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Negative On Mike D, Negative on RCR..That pension is for the end of the year blow out party. Things might work out, we'll see what happens...Its no big deal, the race track isnt going anywhere and there is always next race.. Later..off to work.
418 could drop a bomb on your guys points chase :eek:

Cs19
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Ultra boats would look good on the side of the 418 though, think about it.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Ultra boats would look good on the side of the 418 though, think about it.
Ok I will think about it. Hope to see you this weekend.

bp
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Have you been racing for a long time bob? You seem to be the man on the boards!!
no, jetboatguru, johnd and his skinny buddy red rocket, and cs19 are the men on the boards. cs has a trophy to prove it! i just hang out here to call bs from time to time.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 10:15 AM
no, jetboatguru, johnd and his skinny buddy red rocket, and cs19 are the men on the boards. cs has a trophy to prove it! i just hang out here to call bs from time to time.
LMAO:D

Goad
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I just got word they are going to let a couple of guys get dizzy up there this weekend :jawdrop:

NELSON#109
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM
looks like i might be available this weekend. i was in bako today and the weather was nice. you let me write the announcers card and NELSON#109 might just meet you there friday night with your entry fee for both class'.
call me you homo!

Cs19
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
going testing tomorrow, if the elec. gremlin i had Labor day is fixed we will talk about it

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Friggin sellout!!!!!!!! Just when i thought you had morals you go off and do something like this.:jawdrop: You should be ashamed of yourself!:D Dont worry i have to roll Johnwithjm and John D with Inland Ultra as a sponsor also. Rumor has it there will be a limo rolling through Ming friday night picking a bunch of people up for a batchler party in town!
Bet thats gonna hurt!
What are you talking about? aren`t you supposed to keep your friends close and your enemies closer;) We are a one boat team & I am riding this ship to the bottom, I think people are starting to feel sorry for me :idea: NAH I`m Starting to feel like the red headed step child or cyclone jk mike
I learned a very valuable lesson here, Don`t sit out in the open very long,

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
What are you talking about? aren`t you supposed to keep your friends close and your enemies closer;) We are a one boat team & I am riding this ship to the bottom, I think people are starting to feel sorry for me :idea: NAH I`m Starting to feel like the red headed step child or cyclone jk mike
Oh quit your bitchen and get your stuff ready to go blue boy:D

djdtpr
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Sometimes man who sit out in open becomes very easy prey! Come by the pits after the race and have a few cold ones.
P.S. Call me tomarrow i need to talk to you.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Sometimes man who sit out in open becomes very easy prey! Come by the pits after the race and have a few cold ones.
P.S. Call me tomarrow i need to talk to you.DJD you ready?

djdtpr
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
DJD you ready?
Yep i finished everything up tonight all i have to do is load the truck tomarrow and detail the boat so i can roll out friday am. John are you in on the limo deal friday night and what about Mike and Cory? Just trying to get a head count on this deal.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Yep i finished everything up tonight all i have to do is load the truck tomarrow and detail the boat so i can roll out friday am. John are you in on the limo deal friday night and what about Mike and Cory? Just trying to get a head count on this deal. I will let you know on the limo. Cory will not be there.

djdtpr
09-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I will let you know on the limo. Cory will not be there.
10-4 let me know in the am if you can.

Johnwithjm
09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
10-4 let me know in the am if you can.
OK I will give you a call.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
You guys should change your name from blue cup to blue balls because you aint pulling shit this weekend!!!

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
P.S. Call me tomarrow i need to talk to you.
OH Johhny boy I can not wait to spend 2 days with you, its a bad dream come true, If I had your money I could hirer everyone to get me ready like you.
Danny I will call u in am.

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
You guys should your name from blue cup to blue balls because you guys aint pulling shit thit weekend!!!
WHAT DID YOU SAY????????

cyclone
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
lol. rematch.........

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 08:50 PM
WHAT DID YOU SAY????????
LOL thats what I get for trying to multitask too many thing at once thank god for edit. :D

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
lol. rematch.........
You should be real pissed john bought your dad. Hes helping him sat and sun. I know how you feel buddy. John bought my good friends the Harris`s. This is going to be a great weekend even if I do have a set of blue balls provided by FIMV

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
LOL thats what I get for trying to multitask too many thing at once thank god for edit. :D
your wifes yelling get of that f ing computer too!!! LOL

cyclone
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
You should be real pissed john bought your dad. Hes helping him sat and sun. I know how you feel buddy. John bought my good friends the Harris`s. This is going to be a great weekend even if I do have a set of blue balls provided by FIMV
I think Dad helps Mr. D out of pitty more than anything and I'm totally ok with that.
:D

Mike D..
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
I think Dad helps Mr. D out of pitty more than anything and I'm totally ok with that.
That was GOOOOOD LFOL

cyclone
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
are you bringing your Dad? He's not been at the races in quite sometime. i hope he remembers where they are at. :D

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
even if I do have a set of blue balls provided by FIMV
Ok, to be honest, the fact that I give you blue balls, kind of scares me :confused:

Cs19
09-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Will there be a saturday night get togethor? I was thinking the finishline bar and grill.

cyclone
09-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Will there be a saturday night get togethor? I was thinking the finishline bar and grill.
bet on it. its on.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
bet on it. its on.
I think ross owes you a 302.... or perhaps a 453 is in order :D

cyclone
09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I think ross owes you a 302.... or perhaps a 453 is in order :D
f0ck that. he owes chris a 302.

Cs19
09-12-2007, 09:07 PM
bet on it. its on.
Cool, maybe some mexican food then shower then to finishline?

cyclone
09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
what was that place we went to friday night at the last race? the place were 12 of us ate and drank for like 60 bucks? that food was the shit. literally.

Cs19
09-12-2007, 09:08 PM
ross? he wont go to bako, hes scared...

cyclone
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
ross? he wont go to bako, hes scared...
he should be shakin down the rogers at ming. a couple of all-nighters and some red bull and he's there.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I dont remember the name but its right off the high way on the way into town. we should stay at the lion or the place w/ the straw umbrellas

pattymelt18
09-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Have fun out there guys and have a tasty beverage for me.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Have fun out there guys and have a tasty beverage for me.
What are you talking about?? I thought you were coming to heckle, I mean spectate w/ us.

pattymelt18
09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
I was going to then the old lady got invited somewhere so i decided to give her the hall pass.:)

Johnwithjm
09-13-2007, 07:41 AM
Well he sure enjoys me sawing you off:D Good luck Cyclone.

cyclone
09-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Well he sure enjoys me sawing you off:D Good luck Cyclone.
it's all an act i tell ya.

polly purebread
09-13-2007, 04:54 PM
are you bringing your Dad? He's not been at the races in quite sometime. i hope he remembers where they are at. :D
Who`s his dad? Who are you referring to, I`ve been trying to follow this thread I can not make sense of it
I sure hope I can make the NJBA races this weekend you know its the 50 th year of drag boat racing at lake ming. Do you remember doing burn outs to the holding rope? Alot has changed.
Can an old man with a walker get a ride in the limo too I have a couple extra blue pills I can bring:sqeyes: