PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for someone at Blue Water Resort in Parker AZ

Tequila-John
09-10-2007, 07:39 AM
I got a couple different storys on what happen with this boat, but it sure sucks for this boat owner.
Other than that the weekend was nice though
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/618/sunk_boat11.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/618/sunk_boat2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/618/sunk_boat3.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/618/sunk_boat4.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/618/sunk_boat5.JPG

catman-do
09-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Looks to me like a case of plug pulling.

socalmoney
09-10-2007, 07:44 AM
would like to hear at least one of them...

Tequila-John
09-10-2007, 07:51 AM
one was a drain plug the other was. The owner was heading back to Blue Water the night before and heard a "BANG" under the boat.
Again only hear say

RVRBUM2
09-10-2007, 08:30 AM
looks like sucurity wassnt doin their job and someone took the plug , just my 2 cents

Parker Dreamin
09-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh wow... hope it all turns out okay for the guy and nobody pulled the plug on him.

Parker Dreamin
09-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Do I see Austin and Brit is a couple of them pics ?

Hardly Satisfied
09-10-2007, 08:42 AM
That sucks , What way to end your weekend.

Tequila-John
09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Do I see Austin and Brit is a couple of them pics ?
Nope bud

RitcheyRch
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
That sucks. What a way to end a nice weekend.

AZJD
09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Why does everyone just assume plug pulling?
It could be a dozen different problems. The end result being the bilge filling up with water..... bellows, cooling system line, hole in hull, ect. ect....
And since it was blamed on it by more than one person, is this a normal problem at Parker? Scary to think that it is something you would have to worry about.
If I caught someone pulling my plug, they wouldn't resurface!:mad:

CoolCruzinCobra
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
That sucks, seen that happen about 3 years ago.
Same place. I wouldn't think someone would pull the plug.
May be forgot to put in the plug. But than again there's a bunch of flakes out there.Hate to see that.

Racey
09-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I'd never leave my boat sittin in the dock for the night without giving the bilge a good once over, and i'd definitley be back to check on it after i docked and before i went to bed more than enough time to see if there was any problems, make sure my stereo was still there etc..., if it wasn't a pulled plug 99.9% says water would have been coming in when he docked it, there definitley would have already been more water than normal in the bilge. the thing isn't gonna spring a leak all of a sudden just sitting in a calm dock for a few hours. It takes more than a trickle to sink a boat, you are talking about thousands of gallons, it takes quite a while to fill that much with a full blown garden hose running.
Just my .02 cents, either way i feel bad for the guy

sdpm
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Why does everyone just assume plug pulling?
It could be a dozen different problems. The end result being the bilge filling up with water..... bellows, cooling system line, hole in hull, ect. ect....
And since it was blamed on it by more than one person, is this a normal problem at Parker? Scary to think that it is something you would have to worry about.
If you had a hole or torn u-joint bellows this could cause the boat to take on water. This is why an auto bilge pump or float switch is a good idea and definatly if moored!

AZJD
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
If you had a hole or torn u-joint bellows this could cause the boat to take on water. This is why an auto bilge pump or float switch is a good idea and definatly if moored!
I got one of those!:D

Trailer Park Casanova
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
That sucks, seen that happen about 3 years ago.
Same place. I wouldn't think someone would pull the plug.
May be forgot to put in the plug. But than again there's a bunch of flakes out there.Hate to see that.
Kids pull plugs in Avalon.
Our 2 plugs takes a tool and some strength on top of that to remove.
Every couple hours ya walk down to your boat and see if the bildge water is flowing outta the side. If so, ya gotta problem.
The Harbor LEOS will usually contact the owner though,, but not always.
RD's philosopy: leave the plug in after draining the boat. And we do.

Cole Trickle
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Kids pull plugs in Avalon.
Our 2 plugs takes a tool and some strength on top of that to remove.
Every couple hours ya walk down to your boat and see if the bildge water is flowing outta the side. If so, ya gotta problem.
The Harbor LEOS will usually contact the owner though,, but not always.
RD's philosopy: leave the plug in after draining the boat. And we do.
Sucks...
I pull my plug every couple trips to wash out the bilge. Other than the cooler draining we never take on water.:)

DeltaSigBoater
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM
The bilge pumps most builders arent going to do much good if you spring a major leak, even of you have a auto pump/float switch.
One guy I know has 2 1500-GPH auto bilge pumps in his bilge, and a secondary float switch (mounted about 12"+/- up from the bilge) wired to an alarm that will wake the dead.

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
One guy I know has 2 1500-GPH auto bilge pumps in his bilge, and a secondary float switch (mounted about 12"+/- up from the bilge) wired to an alarm that will wake the dead.
I've got two 1500 GPH pumps and one 1000 GPH pump with auto switches.
Of course, it's still not always easy to sleep moored in Avalon Harbor thinking about it...

DeltaSigBoater
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
I've got two 1500 GPH pumps and one 1000 GPH pump with auto switches.
Of course, it's still not always easy to sleep moored in Avalon Harbor thinking about it...
Then you're not drinking enough, lol!
I've been woken up by the sound of the high water/fire alarm going off on my buddy's Bertram... it was was just a short in the system (couldn't figure that one out), but it was hard to go back to sleep after that.

Phat Matt
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
To me it definitely looks like a case of too much water inside of the boat. :)

Tequila-John
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
HA!

AZJD
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Have you been drinking?:D :D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I pulled the plug out of your boat because there was more water on the inside than on the outside.
I got one of those!:D
Seems to work great too!!! Especially in my backyard. :notam: :D

AZJD
09-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I pulled the plug out of your boat because there was more water on the inside than on the outside.
Seems to work great too!!! Especially in my backyard. :notam: :D
Ya, they don't work so well when the battery switch is off!:D
You should have let is sink........................:D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 03:12 PM
You should have let is sink........................:D
I believe in order for a boat to sink, it actually has to be in the water. :idea:

AZJD
09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I believe in order for a boat to sink, it actually has to be in the water. :idea:
I know jackass........Nevermind!:D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I know jackass........Nevermind!:D
Don't worry, maybe the wife will let you take your boat out one of these days when it works into her family's schedule. :D :D :D
Then it will all be tambien again. :)

Tequila-John
09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Don't worry, maybe the wife will let you take your boat out one of these days when it works into her family's schedule. :D :D :D
Stir that pot bud! haahahaha

AZJD
09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
ya ya ya! I am trying to work my way into the will......:D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 03:50 PM
ya ya ya! I am trying to work my way into the will......:D
Wear long sleeves for starters. ;)

Phat Matt
09-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Have you been drinking?:D :D
I did yesterday and last night. :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Wear long sleeves for starters. ;)
And don't open your mouth? :jawdrop:

Jordy
09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
And don't open your mouth? :jawdrop:
:D :D :D

AZJD
09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Some harsh criticism coming from the Goose twins!:D :D :D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Some harsh criticism coming from the Goose twins!:D :D :D
Hey, why don't you CURB your attitude!!! :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey, why don't you CURB your attitude!!! :D :D :D
:jawdrop:
:idea:

BigBoyBlue
09-10-2007, 08:13 PM
that happened to my buddys 19 ft eliminator jet at those same docks. Someone drilled a whole in the jet pump, 3 hours after docking it, the hotel called him and told him his boat sank. he had paul pfaff service everything 2 weeks before and it was perfect. I think those indians mess with people because they can.