PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Problems South OC

mikefd024
09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I am having foundation problems with my home in San Clemente, walls cracking etc. I know that alot of people have problems with in South OC, but 1/4" cracks in drywall is a little to much. Who do you call to check it out, and does homeowners ins. cover things like this??? Input Please...:eek: :mad: :confused:

Havasu1986
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Do you live on a hill.

Not So Fast
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Bluebird Canyon, hope thats not you:( NSF

AZJD
09-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I am having foundation problems with my home in San Clemente, walls cracking etc. I know that alot of people have problems with in South OC, but 1/4" cracks in drywall is a little to much. Who do you call to check it out, and does homeowners ins. cover things like this??? Input Please...:eek: :mad: :confused:
Call your insurance company and have them recommend a home inspection company....

mikefd024
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Well I don't live on a hill, and I talked to Ins. company they told to talk to a inspector. But I have no idea which kind of inspector to talk to, so help here would be nice. Anyone have an idea who to call???:confused:

cc322
09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Try the city, and then the county of orange. Any of your neighbors experiencing the same thing or is it isolated on youor property?

rocket98
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Try calling the Reg. of Contractors.

75 spectra V-drive
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Expansive soil? raised foundation? when was it built? Would not happen on a modern slab. ( post tension)

Floatin'
09-10-2007, 08:14 PM
In South OC you want to call these guys. Frank Ultimo has been doing this stuff for years. www.geotechnical.com

Faceaz
09-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Probably expansive soil. Soils with a lot of clays will really have that effect. I would call a few soils engineering companies, till you found one familiar with your area. They might now right away if your area is known for it.

Danhercules
09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Contact Rockinpalms. He is my brother. He specializes in foundation repair.

Rocknpalms
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I can come out and do a free Manometer survey. (floor level survey) That along with a survey of the surounding area will tell us what is happening. We stabilize and level many homes in the OC area with deep foundation piers. Visit this website and click on piering.
http://www.SaberFoundations.com
I can also be reached at franz@saberemail.com

Rocknpalms
09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Call your insurance company and have them recommend a home inspection company....
Insurance company will not cover settlement issues unless it is caused by a slab leak, and most home inspectors dont know much about settlement. Your best bet is your own geotech engineer. Before you spend the money on the geotech I can do a free Manometer Survey (floor level survey) and give you a qoute so you know what you are up against before you dish out 2-5k on soils study and borings. We work with many soils engineers and can refer a few and make sure you get a fair price.
Many areas in San Clemente are very obvious on what the problem is. Poor soil compaction. We are able to get permit for this work without the need for the soils boring because of the amount of work we have done in the area and load testing of the deep foundation piers we install prior to leveling the home.