PDA

View Full Version : challenger offshore boats

superV
06-12-2002, 09:41 AM
dose any one own a challenger out there new to the boards and looking for some info just bought a super V 24 w?502 mag!

superV
07-09-2002, 12:52 PM
still no replays just wanted to try again

spectras only
07-09-2002, 11:17 PM
SuperV, it must be a rare bird since nobody responded to your post. There's a 24 challenger for sale here in B.C ,you can view at www.thunderbirdyachtsales.com. (http://www.thunderbirdyachtsales.com.) That's the only one I know about around here.Hope somebody will chime in sooner or later,you must feel lonely here http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

Quality Time
07-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Don't have one, but I know they were made in Michigan. I don't know if they are in business anymore or not. Try offshoreonly.com. Someone over there may be more familiar with Challenger Boats.

spectras only
07-10-2002, 01:32 PM
FYI, just talked to someone in the boat biz, according to him ,Callenger is made in ontario canada and it's an entry level offshore boat.Didn't hear much positives about quality,sorry.

Frequency
07-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Link to their web site:
http://www.challengeroffshore.com/code/models/SV24.htm

spectras only
07-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Frequency, this one sounds better than the other one I've seen .

stressedout
07-12-2002, 08:46 AM
I don't own one or no much about them, I use to talk to a guy at the local lake that owned one, his had lots of stress cracks, and he said the interior was coming apart, dash loose etc. He said it was a fast hull design had a 502 and ran 80.

superV
08-19-2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the info. They were made in Mic.for about 12yrs, and are now in St.Louis Mo for the last 4.They just purchased marhia? and sell alot of water patrol vessel here all Lake of the Ozarks patrol boats are challengers. I think some of you may be confusing them with challenger boats this is a challenger/offshore or challenger/aerotec. They are a fast hull, and I only have a few minor stress cracks near the door to the stabin cabin, more like in the gel only. They were made to go fast and not much more they kind of stop after the perfomance was worked out. Not much for interior or wiring ect. The new ones are sweet and much better quality than the old ones,and are priced right.Im selling mine for 17k if interested.

Canada Jeff
09-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Super V I had a 1994 v24 Cahlenger aroetech. It had a 550hp 502. The boat was put through at least 4 poker runs out of the 1000 islds here. My cousin bought it new from Michigan, I bought it of him. The boat was extreamly strong. Ran 79.8 on radar. I was all red with black windsheild. A buddy of his bought one the next year 95 and the boat was shit. The company went through some changes during 93 94 95. I met up with this guy last year before I sold mine, same boat but a 93. I was afraid to walk across the top it was so thin. He only let his girl friend up there (100lbs). Not at all built like mine was. I think out of those three year 94 was the one to own! Don't know much of them now except they are out of Michigan still! I believe the 24 is the same hull bottom and top, just looking at the web site pics. If you have any other questions ask away.I'll be away from my office till Monday now. Its almost 4:00 pm here. Ottawa Ontario.