PDA

View Full Version : Train horns and pit bulls... (subtitled: Huge thanks to Grunion Fabrication)

Jordy
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Kevin and his crew for the train horn install. They did an amazing job, although the shop pitbulls weren't very happy when the horns were tested for the first time. In fact, I think they tried to attack my truck!!! :devil: :eek: :D
Anything that any of you Phoenix area people could ever want done to your car or truck, it's worth while to give Grunion a call!!! :D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
we heard all 3 horn blasts when you left while we were sitting in the pool :D i'm gonna guess that you were at least 3/4-1 mile away on the last one!!!............kevin, can we make room for them in a denali :D :D....seriously

fourspeednup
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
The folks on the patio of Top Shelf seemed to enjoy the fly-by last night!:D :D

Jordy
09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
we heard all 3 horn blasts when you left while we were sitting in the pool :D i'm gonna guess that you were at least 3/4-1 mile away on the last one!!!............kevin, can we make room for them in a denali :D :D....seriously
Yeah, that was heading south on Lake Pleasant Parkway... just a little bit of distance. May have to order up the bigger tank, valve, and compressor though, as apparently you can make them louder. :D :D :D
The folks on the patio of Top Shelf seemed to enjoy the fly-by last night!:D :D
I can only imagine. :devil: :D

RitcheyRch
09-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Any pictures

Kachina26
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
3 blasts = backing up. 2 = going forward.

Jordy
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
3 blasts = backing up. 2 = going forward.
Long continuous blast= get the fock out of the way stoopid!!! :D :D :D

Magic34
09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I love hitting the air horn at kids on the side walk. The train horn must cause some poop to enter their shorts.

Jbb
09-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Heathen!.....:p

Jordy
09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
I love hitting the air horn at kids on the side walk. The train horn must cause some poop to enter their shorts.
Haven't blown any kids off the sidewalk with them yet. However, if I find the right group of emo kids, it's on!!! :D
You should put some on the Pinto, that would be cool :cool:
Trust me, the thought crossed my mind. Just not sure where I could mount them... :idea:
Heathen!.....:p
Bryan, stop hating. :notam:
How's the jeep by the way??? :D

Jbb
09-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Bryan, stop hating. :notam:
How's the jeep by the way??? :D
No hating ....no Jeep....and it's Brian!

Jordy
09-11-2007, 07:06 AM
No hating ....no Jeep....and it's Brian!
Yeah, whatever Byron. Too bad you're on the other side of the country as I'm sure Kevin could get your Jeep fixed up in no time!!! :D :D :D
http://grunionfabrication.com/

riverbound
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Im getting a set for my truck very shortly :D (poor bluehairs and asian drivers)

Jbb
09-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah, whatever Byron. Too bad you're on the other side of the country as I'm sure Kevin could get your Jeep fixed up in no time!!! :D :D :D
Im sure Kelvin would do a wonderful job on my Jeep...If I had one...:D
....And it's Brian

XFactor
09-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Careful. There's someone on the boards that will threaten to beat you with a baseball bat if you ever blow it at him. :eek: I think he's a tough guy. :D

Havasu Hangin'
09-11-2007, 08:07 AM
However, if I find the right group of emo kids, it's on!!! :D
Where does AZJD live, anyway? :idea:

Concept1
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I Want Some!!!!

Ziggy
09-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Probably thin the blue haired crowd out some too...the Mortuaries will thank you.

thatguy
09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Double the reason to get them then.
I wonder what a train jockey would do if you honked your train horn at them...?:D
As this pic. implies, it's hard to say.
Tommy

Brewzed
09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
the best is to give the sign twirlers a blast. I don't know how many I have made drop there signs. I usually save it for the little tuner cars. Make them crap there pants after they cut in front of you.

Jordy
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Where does AZJD live, anyway? :idea:
Hell, I'd wipe out 2/3 of the residents in the old folks community he calls home. :D
I Want Some!!!!
Call Kevin. He'll take care of ya. :D
Probably thin the blue haired crowd out some too...the Mortuaries will thank you.
Hmmm... I wonder if they'll pay commissions... :idea:

Sleek-Jet
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Double the reason to get them then.
I wonder what a train jockey would do if you honked your train horn at them...?:D
Our resident rail rider is to busy explaining the virtues of Christianity to the heathens to pay any attention... :idea:

Jordy
09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Our resident rail rider is to busy explaining the virtues of Christianity to the heathens to pay any attention... :idea:
I must say that I'm rather disappointed in the lack of play this fishing line has received, especially after baiting the hook so heavily. :notam: :idea:

Jbb
09-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I must say that I'm rather disappointed in the lack of play this fishing line has received, especially after baiting the hook so heavily. :notam: :idea:
Goddammit Jordy.. :jawdrop: ...stop the hatred....:p
RD SUX!...:D

Jordy
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Goddammit Jordy.. :jawdrop: ...stop the hatred....:p
RD SUX!...:D
Hey Bqzry7an, did you call Kelvin about your Jeep yet?? I talked to him and he said to bring it over and he'll have it fixed up in no time. :D

Sleek-Jet
09-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Sometimes the fish just ain't bitin'...

Jordy
09-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Sometimes the fish just ain't bitin'...
Perhaps it's time to change bait...
YOU SHOULD REALLY SEE WHAT THE MORMON'S AND OTHER BIBLE THUMPERS DO WHEN I LAY ON THE TRAIN HORN. :devil:

RitcheyRch
09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Thinking about doing the same here.
Im getting a set for my truck very shortly :D (poor bluehairs and asian drivers)

riverracerXXX
09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Dont forget two longs, a short and a long for the road crossings.

maxwedge
09-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Train horns are stupid. It says so on page 46 of "The Defenseless Dog Killers Guide to Judging People." Maybe you ought to read it sometime:D

Sleeper CP
I have a friend that put a train horn in his mothers '57 T-bird. It had a 15 lbs bottle in the trunk to run it. That damn thing could nearly break windows of cars next to it. I walked in front of the car in a parking lot one day and I jumped about 6 feet straight up when he hit it.:mad:
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

Baja Big Dog
Train horns are a must in Garden Grove, or Westminister. I have turned a few slant eyes round with them!!!

Cheap Thrills
Putting train horns on your pitbull? :idea:
Sure ! With enough airhose you could fly em around the yard like an airplane. :D
T.

GRUNION
09-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the props Jordy hope you are having fun with them. Oh and wait till you hear a modified set. Anyone else thats need anything let me know. And dont worry I will keep the dogs chained :devil:. Sorry havent been on in a while my laptop died.

AZJD
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Train horns are a must in Garden Grove, or Westminister. I have turned a few slant eyes round with them!!!
LMAO! Exactly why I don't visit the family very often.........

RitcheyRch
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
No pitbulls here and think the weight of the horns might be a little much for my weenie dogs. :D
Thinking about putting some train horns in my Honda Civic and my truck.
Putting train horns on your pitbull? :idea:

Jordy
09-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh and wait till you hear a modified set.
I'm sure I will soon enough as Sean was talking about juicing his up a bit. :D :D :D

Jordy
09-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Train horns are stupid. It says so on page 46 of "The Defenseless Dog Killers Guide to Judging People." Maybe you ought to read it sometime:D
I believe it actually says that train horns are not toys and you're an asshole if you put them on your vehicle. ;)
I already had the asshole thing going for me. May as well have the train horns too, right??? :D :D :D

2Driver
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
So Thomas what does that set up cost a guy?
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38969&stc=1&d=1189556904

Jordy
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM
So Thomas what does that set up cost a guy?
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38969&stc=1&d=1189556904
Give Kevin a call and he'll fill ya in on the costs. Money well spent I tell ya. ;)

Jordy
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Man, the fishing sux more than RD around here lately...
TRAIN HORNS, PITBULLS, GOD... WTF else does a thread need?
GOD HAS A PLANE ON A TREADMILL FULL OF PITBULLS WITH TRAIN HORNS ON THEIR COLLARS. :D

The Doctor
09-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Perhaps it's time to change bait...
YOU SHOULD REALLY SEE WHAT THE MORMON'S AND OTHER BIBLE THUMPERS DO WHEN I LAY ON THE TRAIN HORN. :devil:
Us Mormons, despite having horns on our heads and thirty wives have plain old ears and we jump like anybody else. Never thumped a Bible though? Do I still qualify? I live walking distance to the Top Shelf however. Should I have heard them?

GRUNION
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Train horns 174.95
compressor kit 129.95
3 gallon air tank 49.95 (not needed but you can blast your horn much longer)
to run the bigger air tank you will need a couple more fittinging, about 10 more dollars.
Install price depends on the vehicle 100-200$$
And there poodles I promise:D

riverbound
09-11-2007, 10:24 PM
This my be a dumb question...but what are the legalities of having them?? (not that it will stop me) What are the consequences (impiound,fix it ticket, etc..) Is it legal to have installed as long as you dont get caught using them??

GRUNION
09-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Its not ilegal to have them. it is just ilegal to use them on pulic roads. And I am sure it depends on the cop as to what he writes you up for. I have never heard of anyone getting in any trouble for the horns.

Big Warlock
09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
This is a useless thread without pics!! Why must I always be the one to point this out to you?? Let's see horns, dogs, trains, chicks, etc. etc. Get it on brother!!! :D

Jordy
09-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Is it legal to have installed as long as you dont get caught using them??
Just don't light them up at a cop and you should be fine. :D
Then again squirtin'my'load lit Sean's off at a sheriff at the 10 lane ramp at Pleasant... :idea:

GRUNION
09-12-2007, 08:02 AM
http://grunionfabrication.com/images/chrome_horn.gif

2Driver
09-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Its not ilegal to have them. it is just ilegal to use them on pulic roads. And I am sure it depends on the cop as to what he writes you up for. .
So I am thinking it would be best to hold off on blasting Sherriff Joe's crodgity old deputies up here in Carefree.

Jordy
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
So I am thinking it would be best to hold off on blasting Sherriff Joe's crodgity old deputies up here in Carefree.
Just let us know when you're going to so we can get it on tape, like these guys:
http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=42
:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
09-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Just don't light them up at a cop and you should be fine. :D
Then again squirtin'my'load lit Sean's off at a sheriff at the 10 lane ramp at Pleasant... :idea:
lol......the peoria police that were over at the marina ramp don't mind either :D :D..... everyone over there is already used to hearing the horns on the house on wheels anyways :D

seanv
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
best money i ever spent!!! and as jordy stated i need to come see ya kevin for the "upgrade" :D
the most fun i have is the illegals crapin themselfs as i light 'em up.:D :D :D
i had a trip to broadway recking yard area. oh boy i thought the pump was going to overheat trying to keep up with the horns:D fookin mojados

riverbound
09-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Just let us know when you're going to so we can get it on tape, like these guys:
LMFAO.I wish they would have shown the rest of the video.

HM
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Can I use the compressor for my air bags on my rear axle? The compressor is tiny and noisy as hell, but if I used a reserve tank it might work?

Biglue
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
So who's gonna be the first one to mount one of these puppies to their rhino? :idea: :)

Jordy
09-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Can I use the compressor for my air bags on my rear axle? The compressor is tiny and noisy as hell, but if I used a reserve tank it might work?
I already had a compressor on my truck for the airbags, but no tank. I decided to just leave that system alone and add this one as a stand alone. The nice thing is, with the tank, I'm going to set it up so I can hook an air hose into it for blowing up tires, etc.

AZJD
09-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Seems a little set up!:idea:

Sleeper CP
09-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that would get you hauled in and impounded.
Sleeper CP

GRUNION
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Holy crap did you see those prices on that site the brackets to mount the horns cost more than the full horn kit that I sell. Im raisn my price :D J/K

GRUNION
09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
best money i ever spent!!! and as jordy stated i need to come see ya kevin for the "upgrade" :D
the most fun i have is the illegals crapin themselfs as i light 'em up.:D :D :D
i had a trip to broadway recking yard area. oh boy i thought the pump was going to overheat trying to keep up with the horns:D fookin mojados
Isnt it loud enough:D

GRUNION
09-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I already had a compressor on my truck for the airbags, but no tank. I decided to just leave that system alone and add this one as a stand alone. The nice thing is, with the tank, I'm going to set it up so I can hook an air hose into it for blowing up tires, etc.
Blowing up tires is dangerous

79 HUSTLER
09-12-2007, 06:47 PM
So who's gonna be the first one to mount one of these puppies to their rhino? :idea: :)
Already done.... :D :D
But you should hear my truck with a nathan p5 and 160psi... :D :D :D

copterzach
11-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I just ordered my train horns. I can not wait to get them installed. I was wondering how hard the installation is?

Jordy
11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I just ordered my train horns. I can not wait to get them installed. I was wondering how hard the installation is?
Kevin and his crew had my truck for an afternoon and change to get everything mounted up and fabricated. I did go with a tank that mounts up between the bed and the frame rails, as well as a compressor and a foot switch. There were some custom brackets being thrown together to get everything mounted up and wired. ;)

maxwedge
11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
...and I'm just wondering if Jordy's been arrested and had his truck impouded yet?:D

Rexone
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I already had a compressor on my truck for the airbags, but no tank. I decided to just leave that system alone and add this one as a stand alone. The nice thing is, with the tank, I'm going to set it up so I can hook an air hose into it for blowing up dolls, etc.
:idea:

Jordy
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
...and I'm just wondering if Jordy's been arrested and had his truck impouded yet?:D
Not yet. They have to catch me first. ;)
I make a point to leave the truck in the driveway if we're going out anywhere that they would tend to frown on that kind of behavior, and I haven't figured out how to put them on the Pinto yet. I do know that my company truck needs a set though. :D :D :D
I'm always in the wrong vehicle when I need to train horn someone. :notam:

Jbb
11-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm always in the wrong vehicle when I need to train horn someone. :notam:
Train horning..= hating....
RD SUX!

Kilrtoy
11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
This my be a dumb question...but what are the legalities of having them?? (not that it will stop me) What are the consequences (impiound,fix it ticket, etc..) Is it legal to have installed as long as you dont get caught using them??
Hope this helps you while operating in Cali
27000. (a) A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound. An authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with, and use in conjunction with the siren on that vehicle, an air horn that emits sounds that do not comply with the requirements of this section.

Instigators
11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
That was the 1st thing I bolted on mine when I got it.:D