PDA

View Full Version : Parker race.

Danhercules
09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
When is the Parker enduro? I was thinkin about volentering to be a tow boat. How do I sign up?

whiteworks
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Squirtin Thunder
09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Oct. 20

Danhercules
09-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, looks like I will be there. I am on the list. Should be a good spot to watch the race too! :D

flat broke
09-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Dan,
If you don't have an oil temp gauge, I'd recommend you get one installed before that race. Depending on where a boat breaks down, you could end up towing it a good distance. And since you can't exactly haul ass, the tow can take a while and you may tend to build a little more oil temp than you'd like in the process. It's better to know what's happening than to cross your fingers and hope that its all good. If you've already got the guage, never mind.
Since I'm pretty sure the Bluewater is booked because of the reduced room count due to construction, where are you staying? We'll be out there and may just stay in the moho, so we'll definitely have to hook up and throw back a few after the race.
Chris

Danhercules
09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Dan,
If you don't have an oil temp gauge, I'd recommend you get one installed before that race. Depending on where a boat breaks down, you could end up towing it a good distance.
I dont see why I would need one. Here is why. Correct me if I am wrong. A jet pump is a engine brake, right? so If I am cruising at 3500 rpm's at 35 or 40 MPH for 1/2 hr or towing someone at 3500 rpms at 10 or 5 mph for a 1/2 hr, the motor aint gonna know the difference. Same water flow though the motor. Its not like I am putting more load on the motor, I am just going slower due to the weight and drag.
Since I'm pretty sure the Bluewater is booked because of the reduced room count due to construction, where are you staying? We'll be out there and may just stay in the moho, so we'll definitely have to hook up and throw back a few after the race.
Chris
We have a membership at Emerald cove. I am gonna call there. Might bring the rig. Might not. You guys wanna stay there? You can if I am there.

flat broke
09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
In theory you're right. Now if you had the gauge, you could show me for sure ;) With the oil cooler setup we had in Ty's boat, the temp didn't budge so I can't give you any first hand Ford experience. But based upon past experiences towing boats with my Spectra before I had that huge cooler in it; the oil temp does climb higher while towing at X rpm than it does cruising at the same RPM.
I'm sure you'll be fine, and besides, you could just pull course closure duty where you sit up past the north pin and make sure no one comes past the closure line during the race.
Chris

Danhercules
09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
In theory you're right. Now if you had the gauge, you could show me for sure ;) With the oil cooler setup we had in Ty's boat, the temp didn't budge so I can't give you any first hand Ford experience. But based upon past experiences towing boats with my Spectra before I had that huge cooler in it; the oil temp does climb higher while towing at X rpm than it does cruising at the same RPM.
I'm sure you'll be fine, and besides, you could just pull course closure duty where you sit up past the north pin and make sure no one comes past the closure line during the race.
Chris
Your right. There is theory and then there is proof. LOL
Wait this is hot boat, NO YOUR WRONG YOU DONT KNOW $HIT AND MY BOATS BETTER THAN YOURS!! GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!

MAXIMUS
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Chris
I don't believe a jet is affected by this scenario... I have come close to burning up an outdrive motor while dragging a sunk jet boat back up on top of the water. Oil in a jet gets hot for sure with no cooler...:( Now since you guys are going to be there I expect you to come by & throw back many with us!:devil: :devil: :devil: :)

flat broke
09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't believe a jet is affected by this scenario... I have come close to burning up an outdrive motor while dragging a sunk jet boat back up on top of the water. Oil in a jet gets hot for sure with no cooler...:( Now since you guys are going to be there I expect you to come by & throw back many with us!:devil: :devil: :devil: :)
I dunno Ben, I see all this stuff on the boards about reacharounds, grease, no grease, etc. and I have to ask myself... "is that really the crowd I wanna be with once I have a couple beers in me?" ;) In all seriousness, Ty and I will try and make it a point to get by and say hi. We were going to swing by at Long Beach, but you guys looked like you were a little busy when we were down there.
You running a TH400 in the Jones this year, or changing it up to a velvet drive type setup? It'd be cool to see that boat turn some heads and be in the running for at least it's division on the 60th lap.
Chris

MAXIMUS
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM
I dunno Ben, I see all this stuff on the boards about reacharounds, grease, no grease, etc. and I have to ask myself... "is that really the crowd I wanna be with once I have a couple beers in me?" ;) In all seriousness, Ty and I will try and make it a point to get by and say hi. We were going to swing by at Long Beach, but you guys looked like you were a little busy when we were down there.
You running a TH400 in the Jones this year, or changing it up to a velvet drive type setup? It'd be cool to see that boat turn some heads and be in the running for at least it's division on the 60th lap.
Chris
I did a complete makeover. Removed the transmission, turned the motor around to drive off the front. Had casale build a real stout V-drive for it. We moved the motor back about 18". Relocated the steering wheel & new seat about 6" toward the center of the boat. Removed all the plywood interior & seats. Ron Hill built me a new 4 blade to try. & I am running my new injected 522. So maybe it might run a little better...:rolleyes: Also not fielding the GN this year so it should be a little less stressful.

hack job
09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
sounds like a you are in to win it.:D I am glad to see you are going to run the schiada bastard boat. it think its cool. at any rate we look forward to see you guys out there and throwing back a few.:devil: :D hell mabe we will even have a boat to race.;) :D

MAXIMUS
09-14-2007, 06:07 AM
sounds like a you are in to win it.:D I am glad to see you are going to run the schiada bastard boat. it think its cool. at any rate we look forward to see you guys out there and throwing back a few.:devil: :D hell mabe we will even have a boat to race.;) :D
Win no... not me. I just want to get out of the house for the weekend & get some excersise!:devil: