PDA

View Full Version : Merc 150 and water flow

tucson_boat_guy
09-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey all,
I have a merc 150. I have replaced all of the cooling hardware from the diaphram thing on the side to the thermostats and even a new water pressure guage. There still is very little water if any that comes out of the pee hole on the back of the engine.
I know this engine has a few mods to it but I have no idea what. Any ideas on the water flow. I have perfect water pressure that I check at the top of the block so I know there is plenty of water moving. I also watch the temp adn it is always at 150.
Any ideas.

Towndrunk
09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey all,
I have a merc 150. I have replaced all of the cooling hardware from the diaphram thing on the side to the thermostats and even a new water pressure guage. There still is very little water if any that comes out of the pee hole on the back of the engine.
I know this engine has a few mods to it but I have no idea what. Any ideas on the water flow. I have perfect water pressure that I check at the top of the block so I know there is plenty of water moving. I also watch the temp adn it is always at 150.
Any ideas.
Clean out the tube that feeds your pee hole. Also make sure the tube didn't come loose.

Xlration Marine
09-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Did you mention an impeller??