PDA

View Full Version : Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie

skyskier
09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was my Pop's last race boat. He built it in 1968 for ski racing. I'd like to know the whereabouts of it and if if might be for sale? He's got a house on Lake Coeur d' Alene Idaho with a Hallett 24 on the dock. He's 82 years old, everytime a ***boat of ANY kind goes by he gets "that look". You older guy's know what I'm talkin about and you younger guy's will one day have "that look". We used to terrorize Bass Lake one week every summer, at dusk from one end of the lake to the other. I think the only boat that beat us was a guy named Larry in a hydro named "whitemist"? Anyway's , I'd like to find this boat and do a complete restoration and take it up to him. And, for anybody wondering, at 82 years of age, I'd be the 1st one to shove him off the trailer at Long Beach Marine Stadium and turn him loose on some of the "young guns" :jawdrop:
Thanks in advance

spectratoad
09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Nice Boat
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39192&d=1189798548

Wheeler
09-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Looking at the picture, I would quess a Ford FE with high rise heads?

victorfb
09-14-2007, 12:04 PM
there is a very similar 69 aqua-craft (Wickens design) being sold in the spam section right now. not dads old boat, but it can be made to look like it atleast.

skyskier
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Correct!.......... this WAS THE powerplant of the day. My Pop sent me up to Stroppe marine in Signal Hill to pick it up, still in the crate. The 1st time he ran it, he threw it into a turn and all the oil went to one side of the pan and fried the engine. He had a buddy of his out in San Fernando Valley, Tom Davis, that was expierementing with a "new" deep sump type oil pan. Fixed that problem.

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
This is the only section on the ***boat FORUMS you did not post this stuff, hurry up and get it here also:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Empower Marine Insurance Services

skyskier
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Not EVERYBODY spends their day looking at ALL the sections on HB.............some people work and some spend time practicing how to spin out a boat into the reeds without rolling it over:rolleyes: Besides that, I'm trying to get my post count up!! SOooooooooooooooooooo. bite me:D

DeltaSigBoater
09-14-2007, 12:27 PM
skyskier
Why don't resize the picture to fit in you signature line, then add a caption "Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie"

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 12:34 PM
skyskier
Why don't resize the picture to fit in you signature line, then add a caption "Looking for this 1968 Wickens flattie"
Just because he is a simpleton, does not mean he knows how to do things the simple and easy way...
He would rather eat up every forum on this site...

socalmoney
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
skyskier
Good idea. Here you go.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39205&stc=1&d=1189802683

uLtRADeNniS
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
wow skyskier sure is a fockin smart ass. Gee I can really see a lot of people wanting to help out this guy. I

socalmoney
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Just because he is a simpleton, does not mean he knows how to do things the simple and easy way...
He would rather eat up every forum on this site...
How many forums have you eaten up with that post count?

MudPumper
09-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Not EVERYBODY spends their day looking at ALL the sections on HB.............some people work and some spend time practicing how to spin out a boat into the reeds without rolling it over:rolleyes: Besides that, I'm trying to get my post count up!! SOooooooooooooooooooo. bite me:D
Kids got spunk....I like it.:D :D

skyskier
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Jeeeeeeeez loooooooize? NOT EVERYBODY reads only the sandbar forum:confused: If this boat still floats it might be in Florida for all I know. But I thank you for your interest. Do YOU know where this boat is?

MudPumper
09-14-2007, 01:06 PM
skyskier, don't worry about Kilr, he's just cranky from his rash.:D

skyskier
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm trying to find one of those "hurt feelings reports" right now. If he keeps it up I may have to formaly file:jawdrop:

skyskier
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
wow skyskier sure is a fockin smart ass. Gee I can really see a lot of people wanting to help out this guy. I
Sooooooo.......... were you going finish your "fockin smart ass" reply, or leave EVERYBODY hanging in suspense?

Wheeler
09-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Jeeeeeeeez loooooooize? NOT EVERYBODY reads only the sandbar forum:confused: If this boat still floats it might be in Florida for all I know. But I thank you for your interest. Do YOU know where this boat is?
Have you been on http://chat.v-driveboat.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14
Boat Information & Identification
Lots of good information without the BS.
Ps. are you really up on bean pot hill?

The Door Hanger
09-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice Boat
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39192&d=1189798548
I bet that boat ran back in the day!

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Please you tried that crap on the other forum.
Why are you even here, this is ***boat/pontoon boat, not ski boat....
or old mad slow boat guy.....

socalmoney
09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/iba0043l.jpg

skyskier
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Are you still here? How many times do I have to tell YOU...... I'm NOT your buddy, I'm NOT gonna be your buddy, so take me off your buddy list. It should'nt be that difficult. From what I gather of your online persona (IMO) that's gotta be one short list:idea:

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Are you still here? How many times do I have to tell YOU...... I'm NOT your buddy, I'm NOT gonna be your buddy, so take me off your buddy list. It should'nt be that difficult. From what I gather of your online persona (IMO) that's gotta be one short list:idea:
That must be old white mans way of saying I'm not your dog(BUDDY)
Found your style of forum now go rock your way over there
http://www.fishingbuddy.com/

QuickJet
09-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Damn....why all the hate? He's just trying to find his dad's old boat. He's new, cut him some slack. If yah don't have a way to help him out then move along, there is nothing to see here.

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Damn....why all the hate? He's just trying to find his dad's old boat. He's new, cut him some slack. If yah don't have a way to help him out then move along, there is nothing to see here.
When you don't know its best to keep quite.
He is on another forum talking major shit about me...
I was told by other forum members and bashing most of the people on HB....
or atleast people with big fast boats, which is most people on here

skyskier
09-14-2007, 05:46 PM
That must be old white mans way of saying I'm not your dog(BUDDY)
Found your style of forum now go rock your way over there
http://www.fishingbuddy.com/
Seem's plain enough to me what this old white man said:confused: ........Que paso? no comprende ingles?

Jordy
09-14-2007, 05:55 PM
or atleast people with big fast boats, which is most people on here
First off, 26' isn't all that big. :notam:
Secondly, I'd bet there are more small hot rod kind of boats around here than anything. You want big fast boats, you should head over to Offshore Only, although a DCB owner would probably feel kind of out of place there. So keep the wife off it. :D :D :D

DeltaSigBoater
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Secondly, I'd bet there are more small hot rod kind of boats around here than anything. You want big fast boats, you should head over to Offshore Only, although a DCB owner would probably feel kind of out of place there. So keep the wife off it. :D :D :D
Earlier today I posted this in another thread; 30' is the new 21' :D

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Skyskier, what Miq is trying to tell you is that by posting in EVERY forum you are really shooting yourself in the foot. While most of us are more than willing to help a guy out when it comes to requests such as yours-and yours isn't the first- your approach is way off and you're pissing peeps off. Knock off the smart-assed crap and you'll get much better response.
As for picken on Kilr, when you've been around a while and we get to know you then you can borrow Topless's punching bag. Until then leave him alone as he's really a pretty good guy.
Just a lil help to obtain your goal for Pop.
Rio
That was not very nice to bring up Topless' personal issues like that

Kim Hanson
09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I find this very funny........( . )( . )................:D :D

GHT
09-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I find this very funny........( . )( . )................:D :D
Hey Kim, you winterize your boat this weekend?? Must of got a full 5 weeks of boating in this Summer up in Canada...:D ;) :D
By the way I find this thread funny as well..... Figured I would try to Jack it while I'm at it...

topless
09-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Seem's plain enough to me what this old white man said:confused: ........Que paso? no comprende ingles?Hey hey now, we speak and type english here. This is ***boat, not barco caliente.:jawdrop: ....................Just messing with you. Ignore Kilrtoy, he only knows how to drive his wifes boat too fast and spin it out in the reeds. Other than that, he is pretty harmless since they put him behind the desk due to some sort of rash.:jawdrop:

WishIknew
09-15-2007, 10:23 PM
84 posts VS 29335 posts bet I know whos gonna win this one!!!!!!:D

topless
09-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh Topless, I don't have a rash, wanna be friends?:D
Rioso your rash has cleared up???? Woo hoo!!!!When ya comin over?:idea: :eek: :D :D

cave
09-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Thats just great. Now I need to aim higher If 30 is the new 21. :mad: