PDA

View Full Version : Progression Boats

Chummy
08-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Progression boats? Any info would be appreciated :cool:

nhbuoy
08-13-2002, 03:59 PM
HEY CHUMMY......PROGRESSION POWERBOATS are the best kept secret in NEW YORK!!!! It's a helluva well made boat without all the junk on the bottom that most "OTHER" manufacturers need to keep up!!!I am a BIG VELOCITY fan, but PROGRESSION would be my 2nd pick!!! They handle the rough stuff (and I mean REAL rough stuff, not what those boys in california call rough) VERY nicely....They are very nice looking doing it too!!! Sorry, there is no California option: neon,blo-drier,nail salon station,ankle bracelet,blonde highlighter,motor box vibratron,cute towels etc...GREAT CHOICE!!!!!

Lakemead1
08-13-2002, 05:26 PM
So, does the neon,blo-drier,nail salon station,ankle bracelet,blonde highlighter,motor box vibratron,cute towels etc come as an option if you want to buy one on the west coast :p
If not, then they're missing the boat (so to speak)

nhbuoy
08-13-2002, 05:56 PM
HEY LAKEMEAD >>>> Just making sure you guys were paying attention ...HA HA HA !!!!!! Clever... but obvious "boat" joke... PROGRESSION stays pretty close to home, besides, it's a little too much boat for you guys to handle..................

Chummy
08-13-2002, 07:01 PM
NHBUOY, thanks for the responce, Velocity's are great boats also that don't have a lot of that extra crap to slow you down eek!

nhbuoy
08-13-2002, 07:37 PM
HEY CHUMMY........Which PROGRESSION are you looking at size and power wise, new or used etc ??????

nhbuoy
08-13-2002, 07:56 PM
HEY LAKEMEAD....... Saw your post at OFO !!!! Good boy...we need more offshore guys!!!!! Cal has some nice stuff too......MAGIC has a 29' that is doing well in the battle in factory class...HOWARD makes a great boat....SHOCKWAVE seems to have a good rep...FOUNTAIN's are "nationwide"...CIG's are nice but you pay dearly $$$$$!!!!! Open or closed bow doesn't really matter, If you get the open bow spring for a snap-in bow cover to keep your feet dry when it whips up.........PICK WISELY GRASSHOPPER......

FlatRacer
08-14-2002, 07:35 AM
I've been to their shop for an open house and I was impressed with their building methods, ie; lamination schedules, coring, vacuum bagging, etc. This is not a bunch of cubans blowing chopper guns into a mold. These boats are strong and light. Traditional southeast styling with west coast custom build quality.

Lakemead1
08-14-2002, 07:50 AM
Hey NHBuouy - too much boat for us huh :confused:
Yeah, my post over there was just to pry for info. When I upsize, I'm looking like 29 ft. or so - I'm just looking for opinions. Being a lake rat, I don't know all too much about the offshore saltwater world and I'm eager to learn.
From what I'm told, the Lavey makes a great 29 boat, I just may look into that too.
Thanks for the info!

Chummy
08-14-2002, 07:18 PM
nhbuoy, I came across a 1988 24' in Maryland, that turns out to be the boat from the 1988 New York boat show and was owned by Kevin (the owner of Progression) until 2000. It has a 500hp 468 in it with dry exhaust. Only the second owner. :D

nhbuoy
08-16-2002, 08:48 PM
HEY CHUMMY>>>>>>>>>Sounds real nice, and LOUD too!!!!! Is it the 237 or 24XL??? It looks like they are the same hull but the 24XL has that larger top deck and gives the interior a little more room....It looks more "offshorey".... Did you get to go for a ride? How fast? Handle good? Good condition? Colors? Will the exhaust be a problem where you live? Give me the info you lucky bastid!!!!

nhbuoy
08-18-2002, 09:01 AM
HEY CHUMMY>>>> FYI: There is a 1999-27' PROGRESSION w/a 502 on E-BAY that will end in 1 hour.......bid is at 38,100 1pm east time........item #1851149680>>>>> boat is in NEW YAWK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chummy
08-20-2002, 12:27 PM
NHBuoy, sorry for the delay, its in excellent condition, no ride he lives far away, got some pics and its just not me. :( But if you are interested I'll send you some pics.
Chummy

Chummy
08-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah, its a 24LD :rolleyes:

Indy
10-16-2002, 12:45 PM
I don't visit this site too often, so sorry about the late reply. I have a good friend that owns a 2001 Progression and have ridden in it a few times.
It is very well built (race ready) boat like most east coast boats are. If it can break, Kevin doesn't put it in the boat. Everything in the boat is strong and built to take a pounding. The hull is vacume bagged and straight. They are a low volume builder and do it right the first time, unlike some others that will go nameless. It handles like no other 27-28 I've ever been on and was shocked the first time I was out on it. It is a sit-down boat, so there is no bolster drop-out option. This appeals to some boaters, generally the hard-core racer types. His boat does over 70 with the 496HO and accelerates very well. He is now selling it and is moving up to a Gun...If you want to see it, send me an email and I'll have him get in touch with you. BTW...I've ridden in this boat on big water, no lake boat wussy stuff.

Steamin' Rice
10-17-2002, 10:15 AM
Lakemead1:
Hey NHBuouy - too much boat for us huh :confused:
Yeah, my post over there was just to pry for info. When I upsize, I'm looking like 29 ft. or so - I'm just looking for opinions. Being a lake rat, I don't know all too much about the offshore saltwater world and I'm eager to learn.
From what I'm told, the Lavey makes a great 29 boat, I just may look into that too.
Thanks for the info!LM1...Don't forget to check out Chris Ayres' 29 Shockwave at the Poker Runs West event....I think he still has that boat unless he sold it. It has lots of freeboard which is nice in the ocean, and it has a ton of room.....

nhbuoy
10-17-2002, 11:18 AM
WOW...I can't believe this thread has risen from the dead!!! CHUMMY...If you're still interested in a PROGRESSION go over to www.screamandfly.com...In (http://www.screamandfly.com...In) the boats over 20' section there are a couple that you might like...HAPPY HUNTING & keep those cards & letters coming!!! Also check out the RALLY SPORT WILDMAN has for sale...It's a VERY well built boat(I know because I have sold a BUNCH of them!!!)& I think it's a BETTER looking boat because of the nicer top deck...& the $$$$$price$$$$$is right...