PDA

View Full Version : Dam Dogs

Redneck
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Well today was a great day on the water until I decided to sit in the channel and relax on the back of my boat. Then I hear someone calling a dog and as I turn around this dog was already jumping into my boat and running towards us. A very friendly dog but now I have a wet sandy dog all over my boat. The owner gets the dog out of the boat but then the dog decides he wants back in the boat. So a second time I have a wet sandy dog in my boat. Now the owner is yelling at the dog so now he is a scared dog that doesnt want to get out. Well an hour of vacuuming and prob a little longer to get some scratches out of the gel the ordeal will be over. I love dogs and love to see them out in the water having fun with their owners but the owners need to watch thier dogs and be able to control them. There Im done venting.

ahhell
09-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Nothing like a little 2000 grit to get the shine back...nothing like a paintball gun to get the owners attention...put your dog on a leash....dumbass (not you Kenny :D )
I love dogs (got 5) but they are always in control....almost always:eek:

Redneck
09-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Nothing like a little 2000 grit to get the shine back...nothing like a paintball gun to get the owners attention...put your dog on a leash....dumbass (not you Kenny :D )
I love dogs (got 5) but they are always in control....almost always:eek:
hey it seems when we lived about a block away we never hung out then you move 3 hrs away and we hang out at the river more now Im just down the river what the hell give me a call

stoker22405
09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
People have a hard time understanding that they need to have their dogs on a leash..Just because they love their dog it doesnt mean everyone else around you does....Its common courtesy in my opinion....

ahhell
09-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Im at the sandbar quite a few weekends now that its only minutes away:D
Check pm's
saw the killer's and a couple others last weekend but I really dont know them so I just lay low....
;)

DeltaSigBoater
09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
That Sucks!!!
LHC doesn't have a leash law/ordinance that they enforce? Or is it on the books but won't be enforced till '09ish? :idea:

RitcheyRch
09-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Isnt that the truth. Always see people at the river and there dog or dogs are running wild and they have no freaking clue.
People have a hard time understanding that they need to have their dogs on a leash..Just because they love their dog it doesnt mean everyone else around you does....Its common courtesy in my opinion....

QuickJet
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I hate dogs...dog sweat, smelly dogs, dog shitt, owners that can't control them and the ones that shitt on my lawn. I hate dogs that bark, that eat kids, that piss all over the house....I hate dogs.......
And I hate dogs that aren't mine jumping in my boat.

Kilrtoy
09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I hate dogs...dog sweat, smelly dogs, dog shitt, owners that can't control them and the ones that shitt on my lawn. I hate dogs that bark, that eat kids, that piss all over the house....I hate dogs.......
WOW why all the hate:rolleyes:

Redneck
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
saw the killer's and a couple others last weekend but I really dont know them so I just lay low....
;)
you have to lay low. I know you have a jet but its good to stay out of the reeds.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Isnt that the truth. Always see people at the river and there dog or dogs are running wild and they have no freaking clue.
Exactly. We were at Steamboat last year with a friend of mine, his wife and son. This older lady in a pontoon pulls up next to us and just lets her dog roam the beach. My friends son is scared of dogs, got another friends dog to thank for that, so anytime the dog comes near him he gets freaked out, he was 4 at the time. Anyway, I ask the lady, politely, if she could either keep her dog on a leash or at least pay attentioin to it so it is not coming over our way as it was constantly doing. I even explain the reason to her why I am asking. She looks at me like I am from Mars. She makes some comment to the other lady with her and they leave all in a huff not 20 minutes later.
Now they left so they are no longer my problem, but damn I was polite and did not think I was being unreasonable. I suppose I could have said 'Hey, you stupid old bat, keep your phuckin dog on a leash' but that is not my style.....or at least it wasn't that day. :)

Redneck
09-14-2007, 06:02 PM
believe me I love dogs but it seems to be a problem. I have a neigbor that his dog seems to like to crap in my yard. That is getting old. Most of the folks I meet on the boards take good care and have total control over their dogs at the river. If everyone could control them like most the people on here there wouldnt be a problem with dogs in the channel.

Old Texan
09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Exactly. We were at Steamboat last year with a friend of mine, his wife and son. This older lady in a pontoon pulls up next to us and just lets her dog roam the beach. My friends son is scared of dogs, got another friends dog to thank for that, so anytime the dog comes near him he gets freaked out, he was 4 at the time. Anyway, I ask the lady, politely, if she could either keep her dog on a leash or at least pay attentioin to it so it is not coming over our way as it was constantly doing. I even explain the reason to her why I am asking. She looks at me like I am from Mars. She makes some comment to the other lady with her and they leave all in a huff not 20 minutes later.
Now they left so they are no longer my problem, but damn I was polite and did not think I was being unreasonable. I suppose I could have said 'Hey, you stupid old bat, keep your phuckin dog on a leash' but that is not my style.....or at least it wasn't that day. :)
I bet that is what sahe told her friends you said to make her leave in such a huff though.:D :D :D :D

HemiDude
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
believe me I love dogs but it seems to be a problem. I have a neigbor that his dog seems to like to crap in my yard. That is getting old. Most of the folks I meet on the boards take good care and have total control over their dogs at the river. If everyone could control them like most the people on here there wouldnt be a problem with dogs in the channel.
Could be your neighbor and not the dog??? :D :D :D

Redneck
09-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Could be your neighbor and not the dog??? :D :D :D
good point lol maybe i should go crap in his yard

cola
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I hope I fit in the latter of your post. If my dog is every a problem, just slap me up side the head. I will take care of it.
Mike & KC

Redneck
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
I hope I fit in the later of your post. If my dog is every a problem, just slap me up side the head. I will take care of it.
Mike & KC
I think I have seen you dog and the dog never left the boat. Like I said I love dogs and these dogs were just very friendly and wanted to say hi but I take alot of care towards my boat and to have all this sand and scratches (none that cant be buffed out) it makes me mad. Its like going to a resturant and having that kid behind you screaming and running wild.

RiverRatMike
09-14-2007, 08:29 PM
some people just don't know how to control their dogs.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-14-2007, 08:59 PM
I hope I fit in the latter of your post. If my dog is every a problem, just slap me up side the head. I will take care of it.
Mike & KC
Mike, KC has never been problem all of the times I've seen him. one of the BEST behaved dogs around.....How are things?

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 09:02 PM
WOW..FOCKIN HATER!!!!:mad:

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 09:04 PM
It aint the focking dog damit!!!!:mad:

QuickJet
09-14-2007, 09:35 PM
It aint the focking dog damit!!!!:mad:
They say a dog is man's best friend:
Well I have yet to see my friends shitt on my lawn or keep me up at night barking. My friends when they come over don't squat on my carpet and take a piss nor do they bite my kids. When I go places with my friends I don't have to follow them around with a plastic bag "just in case" they decide to spontaneously take a shitt somewhere.
Dogs aren't for everyone. I personally think they are a useless animal. Again it's just my personal feeling.
Any animal that licks it's own balls and asshole has nothing to offer the human race. They are a filthy animal.

Baja Big Dog
09-14-2007, 10:08 PM
They say a dog is man's best friend:
Well I have yet to see my friends shitt on my lawn or keep me up at night barking. My friends when they come over don't squat on my carpet and take a piss nor do they bite my kids. When I go places with my friends I don't have to follow them around with a plastic bag "just in case" they decide to spontaneously take a shitt somewhere.
Dogs aren't for everyone. I personally think they are a useless animal. Again it's just my personal feeling.
Any animal that licks it's own balls and asshole has nothing to offer the human race. They are a filthy animal.
If yoru friends didnt teach there kids NOT to shjit or piss on your floors would they do it/
I think yes. My point is its not the dog, its the owner...
Your point was good up until the licking his own balls thing, christ, if any of us guys here could do that we wouldnt leave HOME!!!!!:D

beerjet
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Why cant people just leave there dogs at home or with somebody else ?
Leave them the fuk home . My sister in law brings her dog over to my house once and they fukin lounge around all day in the AC watch a little TV .Now my fukin rub smells like a fukin dog . WTF ?! Get the fuk outta here ! I dont have a dog cuz I dont want all my shit to smell like a dog . If your fukin dog cant be alone at home cuz it pisses and shits everywhere . It's not my problem , it's your problem . Dont make me call Ceasar on your asses either !

PaPaG
09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
That is why our dogs or now dog stays at the house while we are out playing. We love animals but we don't force others to play with our dogs while they are trying to relax and have a good time :D

Not So Fast
09-15-2007, 06:59 AM
That is why our dogs or now dog stays at the house while we are out playing. We love animals but we don't force others to play with our dogs while they are trying to relax and have a good time :D
Good for you!! Why does the dog owner think everybody loves their dog like they do? Barking and misbehaved dogs just ruin it for me. Probably the same people that let their kids run wild in a resturant, God I hate that:( NSF

HDF WATERDOG
09-15-2007, 08:34 AM
If you check the huge Zero Tolerance signs that nobody reads, It also lists dogs as one of the things not allowed in the channel.

QuickJet
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Your point was good up until the licking his own balls thing, christ, if any of us guys here could do that we wouldnt leave HOME!!!!!:D
Well may be it's just jealousy or being reminded of my own inabilities that erks me so much.....:D

Cigalert
09-15-2007, 09:45 AM
While hanging at the beach just outside of kathrine's earlier this year some random dog comes charging down the big sandy hill. Not a single other boat in sight. The things rolls right up to my boat and tried to jump in. I love dogs. I do not love dogs in my boat. I got him down and started throwing a frisbee with him. He starts hammering down the beach, going bat shit for about 20 min. A family rolls up next to us and the dog goes to greet the boat. As they were beaching the boat he's rubbing his ass all over the side of the boat as to say "DADDY YOU'RE BACK!". Shit, this guys not the owner. 2 kids hop off the back and start walking up to the beach. I see the dog start arching his back like he's gonna blow. You know, the eyes popping out semi "I gotta take a shit" look. BLAMMY he horks his kibbles right into the water. It was a firehose puke that lasted at least 20 seconds. A 5 second WTF was that? And yet another blast. The kids could walk on water at this point on those peeps pulled out. After about 3 hours of having some wet stinky pup bothering us, some lady rolls up on a 7' metal boat with an outboard to pick up her trash. When the dog saw her he bolted 2 coves over. F'n Fido ruined a perfect day.

Chico&Zeus
09-15-2007, 09:47 AM
To all of you Fu*king DOG HATERS!!!
First of all, I would put my dog up against any child any day, we will tell each one to stay put and see which one gets up and moves first. Second, we will compare "war stories" of the boat getting trashed, my dog has spilled his food and water, someone else's kids have dumped "Cheeze Whiz" all over the carpet, did their parents say or do anything......NO!!! Trust me, kids run amuck and everyone thinks it's OK because they are kids, I FIRMLY DISAGREE!!! If you want me to leave my dogs at home or get someone to watch them, then PLEASE, do the same thing with your little shits!
Rant over:D

QuickJet
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
To all of you Fu*king DOG HATERS!!!
First of all, I would put my dog up against any child any day, we will tell each one to stay put and see which one gets up and moves first. Second, we will compare "war stories" of the boat getting trashed, my dog has spilled his food and water, someone else's kids have dumped "Cheeze Whiz" all over the carpet, did their parents say or do anything......NO!!! Trust me, kids run amuck and everyone thinks it's OK because they are kids, I FIRMLY DISAGREE!!! If you want me to leave my dogs at home or get someone to watch them, then PLEASE, do the same thing with your little shits!
Rant over:D
:rolleyes:
Thank God you can't have kids...as I could only imagine the trash offspring that you would create. Stick to your dogs, at least that way you only have a 12 year commitment.

stoker22405
09-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Ditto

73kona455
09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Thank God you can't have kids...as I could only imagine the trash offspring that you would create. Stick to your dogs, at least that way you only have a 12 year commitment.
well said...:)

SummerBreeze
09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Well today was a great day on the water until I decided to sit in the channel and relax on the back of my boat. Then I hear someone calling a dog and as I turn around this dog was already jumping into my boat and running towards us. A very friendly dog but now I have a wet sandy dog all over my boat. The owner gets the dog out of the boat but then the dog decides he wants back in the boat. So a second time I have a wet sandy dog in my boat. Now the owner is yelling at the dog so now he is a scared dog that doesnt want to get out. Well an hour of vacuuming and prob a little longer to get some scratches out of the gel the ordeal will be over. I love dogs and love to see them out in the water having fun with their owners but the owners need to watch thier dogs and be able to control them. There Im done venting.
I sell dog insurance for this type of thing
The insurance is $1200.00 a year with a $500.00 deductable
What we do is a over rider on your boat insurance

EAZYKILLER2006
09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
you sound like my hubby, lol
guess i wont be getting a dog anytime soon
thanks for reminding me :( how much hubby hates dogs also...

cola
09-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Mike, KC has never been problem all of the times I've seen him. one of the BEST behaved dogs around.....How are things?
Life is good, and your too kind about the dog. How is the family and the new boat.I'am still using my old tug. It's like a Timex.
Mike&Kim

Riomouse911
09-15-2007, 10:16 PM
My best friend's first wife was one of those folks who just couldn't fathom that no one loved her terrier and chihuahua as much as she did. She'd drag them to Moabi and they'd be everyones pets all weekend..Damn things barked all night/day and dug through the trash constantly. Hercules, the 'wahwah, bit me once when I was pulling my anchor stake. I kicked my foot but was a few inches wide of him (Or it would have been good from 60 yards). Hell, one year the loon brought her African Grey parrot along as well "because he can't stand to be alone." Yet another pet we all got to suffer with all weekend. The final straw in this saga was the time it's 115 degs, she leaps in a boat to the sandbar all afternoon, and I got stuck with the mister spraying the squab every 10 minutes or it would've cooked under the EZ up. After that, we all put our collective feet down and no more pets, no more hoopla.
Yeah, I like dogs a lot, and someday we'll get another. But he/she will stay home when we're river bound, just like my last 2 did. I enjoy them, I just don't make everyone else enjoy them, too.

No Name
09-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I take my dog with me everywhere I go.:D
http://www.hereinreality.com/more_funny_pics/albums/userpics/10001/dog_car.jpg

EAZYKILLER2006
09-15-2007, 11:00 PM
My best friend's first wife was one of those folks who just couldn't fathom that no one loved her terrier and chihuahua as much as she did. She'd drag them to Moabi and they'd be everyones pets all weekend..Damn things barked all night/day and dug through the trash constantly. Hercules, the 'wahwah, bit me once when I was pulling my anchor stake. I kicked my foot but was a few inches wide of him (Or it would have been good from 60 yards). Hell, one year the loon brought her African Grey parrot along as well "because he can't stand to be alone." Yet another pet we all got to suffer with all weekend. The final straw in this saga was the time it's 115 degs, she leaps in a boat to the sandbar all afternoon, and I got stuck with the mister spraying the squab every 10 minutes or it would've cooked under the EZ up. After that, we all put our collective feet down and no more pets, no more hoopla.
Yeah, I like dogs a lot, and someday we'll get another. But he/she will stay home when we're river bound, just like my last 2 did. I enjoy them, I just don't make everyone else enjoy them, too.
yep! well said
and no matter how good a persons dog it..and how clean they are... a wet dog, still smells, like a wet dog
hubby is a very clean person:( so he wont let me have a dog
he knows what they involve
our boat has carpet:( so, yea no dog for me...boo:cry:

Chico&Zeus
09-16-2007, 08:58 AM
First of all, it's not that we can't have kids...we choose not to, as far as our trash offspring, I think that you are now attacking me personally instead of a general statement about dog owners and I take offense. If you have a problem with me, let's take it up in person, not on a message board. Until then, we will agree to disagree. You can find me at Lake Pleasant's Humbug Cove or PM me to handle this anytime anywhere.:mad:

Baja Big Dog
09-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Holy shit, surprised to not see a :D after that comment!! Pretty harsh!!

Baja Big Dog
09-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Ditto
Ditto what??:jawdrop:

DogMan
09-16-2007, 10:15 AM
I think the title of your thread should have been "Damn Dog Owners":)

EAZYKILLER2006
09-16-2007, 10:18 AM
well hell i'll say it
damn dumb ass doggie owners....:D

QuickJet
09-16-2007, 12:28 PM
First of all, it's not that we can't have kids...we choose not to, as far as our trash offspring, I think that you are now attacking me personally instead of a general statement about dog owners and I take offense. If you have a problem with me, let's take it up in person, not on a message board. Until then, we will agree to disagree. You can find me at Lake Pleasant's Humbug Cove or PM me to handle this anytime anywhere.:mad:
You are the dumbass that compaired a f uckin dog to a child...I take offense to that.
I choose not to have a dog. They are a dumb, smelly, shitt anywhere they want animal that ruin lawns, furniture, sporting equipment, and yes even boats. They are useless. I retract nothing from my original statement.
Thanks God you don't have children. Maybe your dog will visit you in the old folks home when you die.

No Name
09-16-2007, 11:22 PM
You can find me at Lake Pleasant's Humbug Cove or PM me to handle this anytime anywhere.:mad:
Are you focking kidding me?
Lighten up Frances.

Chico&Zeus
09-17-2007, 06:55 AM
You are the dumbass that compaired a f uckin dog to a child...I take offense to that.
First of all, if you would read my statement, I stated basically that my dogs know how to listen and respond to my commands better that almost any child I have ever met. I get sick to my stomach every time I listen to a parent bark out commands to their kids over and over and the child just continues to be non-complient. As far as offending you, get real...I did not attack your kids personally, I made a general statement. YOU DID however attack me personally by making a statement directed towards me and my offspring. Like I said before, let's just agree to disagree.

QuickJet
09-17-2007, 09:16 AM
First of all, if you would read my statement, I stated basically that my dogs know how to listen and respond to my commands better that almost any child I have ever met. I get sick to my stomach every time I listen to a parent bark out commands to their kids over and over and the child just continues to be non-complient. As far as offending you, get real...I did not attack your kids personally, I made a general statement. YOU DID however attack me personally by making a statement directed towards me and my offspring. Like I said before, let's just agree to disagree.
First off I can tell by your screen name, Avatar and signature that you love your dogs. I have no issue with that. As a kid I always had dogs and other animals, however as an adult I see things differently. You may have taken my rant a bit more personal than it was intended to be. To me it held no more credence than your typical "Ford vs Chevy" or "Jet vs V-drive" arguments.
As far as comparing children to dogs, I think it's crazy. It takes a child nearly a year before it walks while a puppy does it in 2 weeks.....SO WHAT!! The development of a child takes far longer not only physically but mentally as well. The normal lifespan of a human is 75 years while a dogs life starts to decline by 11 and is done on average by 12.
Do you really want side by side comparisons?
My son at 14 can drive my boat (works the pedals etc), Can either of your dogs do that? My daughter started writing her name before her 3rd birthday. Can your dogs do that? Can your dogs turn on the TV or work the remote? Can they talk? Can they dress themselves or make phone calls? The list goes on.
And yes, when you tell a child a "command" there are times they don't listen. Humans are self willed where as the dog is not. The dogs will is the first thing you break while training it. That is the reason a dog has never been President. Hillary is trying, but I doubt she will make it.
Oh and before I forget..........:D

catman-do
09-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I choose not to have a dog. They are a dumb, smelly, shitt anywhere they want animal that ruin lawns, furniture, sporting equipment, and yes even boats. They are useless. I retract nothing from my original statement.
Thanks God you don't have children. Maybe your dog will visit you in the old folks home when you die.
I disagree with this statement. There are good dogs, and bad dogs. Just as there are good kids and bad kids. Its all in how they are taken care of. Some kids smell bad, dont listen, and throw mud next to our boat. Its not the dog as much as it is the owner. Just as in most cases its not the kid as much as it is the parent. I have met kids that make me wonder how they tie they're shoe laces in the morning. People piss in the water too, but atleast dogs dont leave trash cans full of diapers on the beach, and broken bottles, sunken cans, oil all over the water. I dont like other people dogs jumping on my boat, but I do think that we do waaay more damage as humans than dogs do (not singling one person out).

Chico&Zeus
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Do you really want side by side comparisons?
My son at 14 can drive my boat (works the pedals etc), Can either of your dogs do that? My daughter started writing her name before her 3rd birthday. Can your dogs do that? Can your dogs turn on the TV or work the remote? Can they talk? Can they dress themselves or make phone calls? The list goes on.
Let me address these one at a time. My dog personally, not yet, but let's review...
Driving a boat....
http://www.yachtdogs.org/Waterdog3.jpg
Signature...
http://mywebsite.register.com/db3/00251/murphystale.com/_uimages/PawPrintMurphy.jpg
Using the TV remote...
http://dogeachday.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/Phoebe_Riibe.jpg
Talking, smoking, insulting, etc...:D
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/031031/165231__triumph_l.jpg:D

QuickJet
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Let me address these one at a time. My dog personally, not yet, but let's review...
Driving a boat....
http://www.yachtdogs.org/Waterdog3.jpg
Signature...
http://mywebsite.register.com/db3/00251/murphystale.com/_uimages/PawPrintMurphy.jpg
Using the TV remote...
http://dogeachday.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/Phoebe_Riibe.jpg
Talking, smoking, insulting, etc...:D
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/031031/165231__triumph_l.jpg:D
Now that's is probably the greatest response I have ever seen. I am standing down and awarding you the win....:D :D
I now officially retract any ill statements I have made towards you or your dogs.
:D

Chico&Zeus
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Now that's is probably the greatest response I have ever seen. I am standing down and awarding you the win....:D :D
I now officially retract any ill statements I have made towards you or your dogs.
:D
Thank you....and that's gonna make a great siggy for me!:D

QuickJet
09-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Thank you....and that's gonna make a great siggy for me!:D
Have at it...you earned it..;) :D