PDA

View Full Version : Went to the offroad Sand car Show

Pops@Aggressor
09-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Last year was my first time back in 8-10 years. Was blown away by the growth size and did not see a buggy under $70K in the show and not one VW engine in the show. Went last night again to the OC Fair grounds and in one year the $70K Buggies are now $24 to $30K and I still did not see one VW Buggy. What's up with this! Am I out of it or what. I know the old World 2 Hitler "peoples motor" Desert Rat still tow's them 100K Rods back to there camp all the time. They and there camps know it also, as we safely have a bull horn with a siren to let all the camps know we have a very high dollar unit under tow and are safely returning its mechanics. Maybe Next Year I can buy some Krylon Screamming Green and what ever other cans and colors I can find left over to spot it out so "IT LOOKs BETTER WHEN I TOW THEM HIGH DOLLAR UNITS BACK TO CAMP"

Outlaw
09-15-2007, 09:44 AM
You can’t expect those parts exchangers to appreciate the flat 4 engineering and simplicity.

victorfb
09-15-2007, 09:52 AM
one booth had some VW motors, but your right, not many VW powered rails to speak of. saw a used 4 seater with a vee dub in it, but nothing new thats for sure. not sure were you were seeing these buggies that were 70k last year that are now going for 24-30k. heck i didnt see prices drop much at all on anything. i was however absolutly blown away about all the side by side stuff and its popularity. rhino stuff to its max. 30k rhinos, rangers, ect, all over the place. i just dont get it myself, at 10k stock i know i can get a pretty damn nice (real) jeep, but thats just my preferance. guess thats why i still drive an old high jumper 2 seater with a VW in it. i can still afford parts for it when it breaks. looked at a transmission at one booth, and it was 23k :eek: . for a transmission..................!
the best booth i saw was a little company named "sweet performance". he sells hoses and fittings, mostly SS braided stuff. cool guy named Dave. :D
ran into alot of friends and met some new ones from here on the boards. it was a fun time. about the only thing i purchased was a soda, but if i win tonights lotto i know im heading back to the show for something. :D

Danhercules
09-15-2007, 10:01 AM
about the only thing i purchased was a soda,
NOT EVEN A BEER!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop:
I go to the SSSS for BBB.
Buggies, Beer and Boobies. :D

steelcomp
09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Just Jets tech has hit a new low. :notam:

Pops@Aggressor
09-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Just Jets tech has hit a new low. :notam: No its just what a lot of us do in the Winter. Cannot stand water Temp under 80 degree's so I mellow out and go to the fire and Sand- Hell you can surf on it also.

Pops@Aggressor
09-15-2007, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Pops@Aggressor;2790480]QUOTE]
Question -I seen a Pontiac 4 Banger motor @ 231 HP Hooked up to a Beefey Belt Drive Centrifical Clutch System in one of the units.
Who Is making this system or anyone know any contacts on it. No One was around the Display so I could not find out anything. I think that system has some merit to look into for a rapid reduction/increase system on a smaller Drive System.

Pops@Aggressor
09-15-2007, 10:23 AM
if i win tonights lotto i know im heading back to the show for something. :D
I Hope you win and big time! I hope to get back there, I got thru maybe 1/2 of the show, You know I took my son with me and he was getting tired and wanted to get home and go to bed. He is 41 so I lightened up and left early.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-15-2007, 10:44 AM
What the fock does this have to do with jets :D :D :D

victorfb
09-15-2007, 11:45 AM
What the fock does this have to do with jets :D :D :D
well i did see alot of nice engine packages that would work great in a JET BOAT application. all aluminum 580 inch big blocks with 1000hp. hummm?

cave
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I was wondering if it was worth going to when it hits Phoenix. I need some billet stuff for the Banshee's. I just go for the Sand Addiction bunnies autographs:lightsabe yummy....

victorfb
09-15-2007, 12:05 PM
id say go. there was alot of banshee stuff. and the show has gotten huge.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I was wondering if it was worth going to when it hits Phoenix. I need some billet stuff for the Banshee's. I just go for the Sand Addiction bunnies autographs:lightsabe yummy....
BUBBA has a new company called blingshack:idea: he handles all of that billet stuff

eliminated1
09-15-2007, 11:46 PM
thanks for the plug 396. CAVE BEFOR YOU BUY THE BILLET GOODIES TALK TO ME.

cave
09-16-2007, 04:59 AM
Bubba you got a cnc? Is it G code or windows based. Nice. is the shop in Mesa?

Baja Big Dog
09-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Last year was my first time back in 8-10 years. Was blown away by the growth size and did not see a buggy under $70K in the show and not one VW engine in the show. Went last night again to the OC Fair grounds and in one year the $70K Buggies are now $24 to $30K and I still did not see one VW Buggy. What's up with this! Am I out of it or what. I know the old World 2 Hitler "peoples motor" Desert Rat still tow's them 100K Rods back to there camp all the time. They and there camps know it also, as we safely have a bull horn with a siren to let all the camps know we have a very high dollar unit under tow and are safely returning its mechanics. Maybe Next Year I can buy some Krylon Screamming Green and what ever other cans and colors I can find left over to spot it out so "IT LOOKs BETTER WHEN I TOW THEM HIGH DOLLAR UNITS BACK TO CAMP"
WTF...why dont you build a nice buggy and use VW power...been in the desert for 40 years, ran the covairs, and the VW's, yea the weight on the vw's is better, but why would you run a 400 HP time bomb VW, work on it everytime you get back, rebuild it each year, keep the carbs in tune, when you can run an extremlly reliable fuel injected modular motor at 400 hp with eaze, and 500 plus HP is easy to acccieve, and it will run all day long, Ill bet most of the ones yo two back are the result of idiots that dont have an idea how to drive (which is why my sand days are over!).
Go ahead and all you guys tell me "I run 4--5 hundred HP VW's all day and they never fail me!!!". OK!!

prkr247
09-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Sorry we missed you at Orange County SandCars booth. We offer VW motors in all THREE of our product offerings(sand, street, offroad). Our cars start at 30K with VW's. Take a look at the website or please come back and see us at the SSSShow til 4pm. I think you'll like what you see.
www.orangecountysandcar.com
Look forward to meetin you.
Mike

Baja Big Dog
09-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Sorry we missed you at Orange County SandCars booth. We offer VW motors in all THREE of our product offerings(sand, street, offroad). Our cars start at 30K with VW's. Take a look at the website or please come back and see us at the SSSShow til 4pm. I think you'll like what you see.
www.orangecountysandcar.com
Look forward to meetin you.
Mike
Your just kissin Boatcops ass!!!!:D

prkr247
09-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Your just kissin Boatcops ass!!!!:D
Little Help?:idea:

77charger
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
WTF...why dont you build a nice buggy and use VW power...been in the desert for 40 years, ran the covairs, and the VW's, yea the weight on the vw's is better, but why would you run a 400 HP time bomb VW, work on it everytime you get back, rebuild it each year, keep the carbs in tune, when you can run an extremlly reliable fuel injected modular motor at 400 hp with eaze, and 500 plus HP is easy to acccieve, and it will run all day long, Ill bet most of the ones yo two back are the result of idiots that dont have an idea how to drive (which is why my sand days are over!).
Go ahead and all you guys tell me "I run 4--5 hundred HP VW's all day and they never fail me!!!". OK!!
but i still dont see trannys that last more than season.seems like they like to go boom alot.!!So what good is a motor if the tranny cant spin the wheels?
I still prefer a vw with a 100hp cause i ant afford the maintainance of a long travel with bigger hp.Been reliable for me so far dont have to work on it too much and i f i do its very cheap to fix

upsman105
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a show next month that is supposed to be bigger and better in Pamona????? Anybody have info on that???

prkr247
09-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a show next month that is supposed to be bigger and better in Pamona????? Anybody have info on that???
There is an Off-Road Show in Pomona Oct 5-6. It will also be a great show, but the SSSShow is the largest of the year. Have a great time at either one.

upsman105
09-16-2007, 02:29 PM
can't find a website for it...... any ideas???

prkr247
09-16-2007, 02:52 PM
can't find a website for it...... any ideas???
Here ya go, try this.....
http://www.offroadexpo.com/offroadexpo/v42/index.cvn
Mike

2forcefull
09-16-2007, 04:13 PM
just got back from the dunes, love my v-dub, no radiator
easy on transmissions, light weight!
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39279&stc=1&d=1189987980
2016 car craft turbo, wright gear box. bench beard seat, air bag suspension

upsman105
09-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Here ya go, try this.....
http://www.offroadexpo.com/offroadexpo/v42/index.cvn
Mike
thanks, I appreciate it...