PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass mat question

Skyni
09-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I am laying new glass and plywood in my boat. My question is how many layers of matting should I lay under the plywood? I would love any help here.
Thanks alot.

FlatRat
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I am laying new glass and plywood in my boat. My question is how many layers of matting should I lay under the plywood? I would love any help here.
Thanks alot.
Well,
look who got out of bed..:p .j/k your prep work is look great, we should have the bottom in next week...yes yes:idea: :idea: Skyni...Ducky would be the man to talk to here

FOURQ
09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
IMO!!!!
I would use a 2 or 3 oz mat wetted out real good then set the plywood in weighted down when its dry finish it off with another 2 or 3 oz mat with a 4 to 5 oz cloth over the top.

Skyni
09-17-2007, 07:03 PM
IMO!!!!
I would use a 2 or 3 oz mat wetted out real good then set the plywood in weighted down when its dry finish it off with another 2 or 3 oz mat with a 4 to 5 oz cloth over the top.
Sounds good there FOURQ. We thought we should put some down, but we wasn't quite sure....now we know.....

FlatRat
09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
:confused: I'll try and get over this weekend to check the floor template for the udder side.. Si'?