PDA

View Full Version : another boat accident this morning,

Throttle
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
anyone have any details? here is what we saw...
Was on our way to Topock today to watch some football and have some lunch, just before we got to devils elbo, I found myself coming on a fire boat, staying behind him for a short several hundred yards, we then had to slow down because of the no wake zone, the fire boat continued on with lights and siren.
Once we were able to open up the throttle, we didn't see anything until we got maybe a got mile south of highway 40 where the was a vessel assist boat and a sherriff boat on the beach with another boat (like a bayliner or something).
As we continued on with our plan for topock we came up on a sherriff boat that had its lights on until he went under the bridge then he shut them off, as we made our way into the topock entrance this sherriff boat had a camera man that was trying to film something or looking for something (unknown yet to me) as I looked up near the Moabi channel entrance I saw the fire boat I had earlier seen in the middle of the river with another boat. The sherriff boat and cameraman left the topock entrance and went up river.
Once we got to the dock at Topock and tied up, I then saw another rescue boat and another sherriff boat with fire crews and and ambulance taking a patient on a back board with c-spine procautions onto a gurney. There did not seem to be a real sence of emergency as they loaded the abmulance and left.
As we sat at lunch we were watching football, we recalled seeing a lifeflight helocopter overhead of us as we left the chennel. hope all were okay...

Trailer Park Casanova
09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Any more word on this???
Hope all is good.

RitcheyRch
09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Not good news thats for sure.

VegasCharger
09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
we saw the same thing today. As we were pulling up to the sandbar sheriff's passed us than as we stopped here comes the fire boat.
Hope all is well with whoever is involved.

shippingguy
09-16-2007, 08:12 PM
My buddy was the Deputy on the Sheriff boat. I stopped and talked to him. The boat was Yamaha dual jetboat. Supposedly the guy sucked up a frisbie and lost power and lost steering and went into the rocks. A couplle people had some fractures.
Mike

Throttle
09-16-2007, 08:35 PM
glad it was nothing too serious... could have been lots worse....
btw, Mike sorry we missed you today, we were running late getting back to havi for the afternoon games...

WishIknew
09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Was this the same guy that ran over the sandbar yesterday???????

shippingguy
09-16-2007, 08:45 PM
glad it was nothing too serious... could have been lots worse....
btw, Mike sorry we missed you today, we were running late getting back to havi for the afternoon games...
Yeah we did not make it in to Topock today. We hung up on the beach in Needles area today. We will be back out the 6th.

Throttle
09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Was this the same guy that ran over the sandbar yesterday???????
no

HemiDude
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
My buddy was the Deputy on the Sheriff boat. I stopped and talked to him. The boat was Yamaha dual jetboat. Supposedly the guy sucked up a frisbie and lost power and lost steering and went into the rocks. A couplle people had some fractures.
Mike
You see, that's why one should have a prop drive and not a "jet" drive...:D

Throttle
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
bump