PDA

View Full Version : my new project anyone know what it is

mikejr ss63
09-17-2007, 07:59 AM
i just bought it yesterday, planning on making it a nostalgia flat. the guy i bought it from says its an eliminator, but i really dont think it is. does anyone know what it is.

mikejr ss63
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM
here are the pics

canam10
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
i just bought it yesterday, planning on making it a nostalgia flat. the guy i bought it from says its an eliminator, but i really dont think it is. does anyone know what it is.
That deck looks just like the one on my old Mandella. The rest of the boat does not look the same though. May have come from a split mold like the Mandella and Frahs. Don't think too many builders used the split molds. Tim

Sangster
09-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I jest did a lein sale on an Eliminator that looks very simular to that except it's a Jetboat bottom....:confused: :confused: :confused:

VDRIVERACING
09-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes, but out of respect....

flat broke
09-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm with Sangster. It looks a lot like an Eliminator flat (jet) that I was going to do as a project many moons ago.
Chris

mikejr ss63
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Yes, but out of respect....
if you know you should say, so i am not wondering what it is.

SnoC653
09-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Don't suppose you could run the registration numbers and see what it was registered as previously.

502 JET
09-18-2007, 05:16 AM
Is there a factory HIN number?

mikejr ss63
09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
i cant find any numbers on the boat. either they were sanded off or painted over.

QuickJet
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Here is a '73 you can compare the lines to.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/blowntothebone/73eliminator032.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39338&d=1190046406

V-DRIVE VIDEO
09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
The deck looks like a Hallet to me. Its probably pre 72 so there wouldn't be a hull ID #.

fc-pilot
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Jerry, the deck does look like a Hallett, but the back of the engine compartment does not round off like a Hallett does.
Paul

paul webster
09-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Do we really have to take up the immigration debate on the boat site, and have petitions posted to support one mans views, the are other web sites directed at this issue ? just a thought, thanks

flat broke
09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Do we really have to take up the immigration debate on the boat site, and have petitions posted to support one mans views, the are other web sites directed at this issue ? just a thought, thanks
First of all, what you're doing is called a HiJack. This thread isn't about my political beliefs; it's about what kind of hull a guy has. My signature is the same in EVERY post I make no matter what part of the forums it's in. Furthermore, I don't know why my signature would have any bearing on this thread.
Second, if someone can post a link to their Myspace in their signature, there is sure as hell no reason I can't post a link to something that's important to me. If you don't like the issue, just ignore my signature, put your head in the sand like everyone else has been doing for the last 20 years, and wait until the little bastards stick it to you with no grease and the blessing of our own government. Im sorry, but my tax $$$ already give their kids free lunches, schools and healthcare. I certainly don't need to be footing the bill for the rest of em to weaze in on our Social Security, resident pricing for colleges, so on and so forth. Exactly what part of "illegal" is so hard for people to understand? Go through the naturalization process like folks from other countries do and I'd have no gripe; but the mere presence of illegal aliens (of any race) is an insult to the sovereignty of our nation, and should be dealt with swiftly and firmly. If you have any other problems with my signatures or posts, feel free to PM me, or call me out on a thead in the political forums and send me a PM since I don't read em much.
mikejr ss63,
Sorry for being party to the hijack, but it's an issue I don't take lightly. Sorry for any derailment of your thread and I hope you find out what it is. BTW, if it happens to end up being a 74 Eliminator, I think I might have the old aluminum build plate for mine if you'd want it for a resto.
Chris

paul webster
09-19-2007, 07:05 AM
feel free to call me at any time my # is 952-239-7522

superdave013
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey Paul, I make / sell boat parts. Come on over but be forewarned, if you drive a truck those "day labors" will chase you right up to my front door.
You know, when I rented this space in the good old USA I didn't even think that being across the street from a Home Depot would be a problem. But man it sure is.
Oh btw, if you do swing by would you mind bringing some trash bags? That's what the police dept told me to get. You see, the roach coach pulls up out front on the street. The "day labors" all eat, drop their trash in the ground cover and then go around back to take a shit behind m dumpster. So yeah, when the police told me to get some trash bags as a fix to that problem it kinda hurt my USA pride. In the police departments defense they do come out right away when I call for them gambling. They do that every day all day.
But then again the cops did tell me I should be "ok" as these are not a retaliatory type of people because they are illegal anyway.
Yes, I asked the same thing. WTF, Retaliatory towards what? He said that I could be sued for harassment because I call the police on them all the time.
NICE

mikejr ss63
09-19-2007, 04:17 PM
thanks for all your input on this mystery boat. the guy i bought it from said it is an early 70's eliminator, so i will go with that, it does look simular to the one in the picture above. and as a side note i do agree with flat broke about the subject of stopping illegal imigration in this great country.

TonkaDriver
09-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Paul, There is a political rhetoric forum on this site. If you wish to start a thread about people putting links in there signature or their beliefs about anything that is the place to do it. Loosen up and stay on the subject of the thread which happens to be his project boat.
Could it be an old Nordic? I know the Aft section doesn't look curvy enough to me to suggest a Hallet or Sanger. I think if the hull is sound it couldd be a very nice project. The end result is what matters.
Have fun making it the boat of your dreams.
Kurt