PDA

View Full Version : Moving Companys

cdog
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
I've got a month left here in the PeopleÂ’s Republic and need to start planning my escape. Anyone here a mover or know one? IÂ’m moving from Anaheim hills to Scottsdale AZ at the end of October. I've got a 3 bed 1700sqft home and a full garage. I've looked into pods so far. Any comments or recommendations?:)

shockwavebd
09-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Fire sale...........start with the boat...........:D

cdog
09-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Fire sale...........start with the boat...........:D
Do you want to help with the fire or the sale?

Havasu Hangin'
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Seriuosly...make some hard decisions. I've relocated twice, and paid by the pound. With some stuff, it would have been cheaper to sell stuff first, and buy new once I got over there.

topless
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Check here before hiring a moving company. Seriously there are some pretty shady people in that industry. www.labbb.org

charlyox
09-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Don't use Starving Students. They ripped off some of my stuff. Tweakers.

Ivan Dan
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I've got a month left here in the PeopleÂ’s Republic and need to start planning my escape. Anyone here a mover or know one? IÂ’m moving from Anaheim hills to Scottsdale AZ at the end of October. I've got a 3 bed 1700sqft home and a full garage. I've looked into pods so far. Any comments or recommendations?:)
Prison Break style!

pvhca
09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Try Golden Eagle moving in Upland, United Rep, they have moved me 3 times and did an excellent job

topless
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Try Golden Eagle moving in Upland, United Rep, they have moved me 3 times and did an excellent job
Good company.:)

Tom N
09-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Stay away from MOVEX! :mad: :mad: :mad:
They advertise heavily on the web and in the post office change-of-address packages as a reputable mover.
Companies like MOVEX are just brokers that will sell your load to the lowest bidder. Once they get you CC number and get paid... customer service ends. The sales people will promise anything to get your money up front then leave you high and dry when the truck does not show up.
In my experince the best choice is one of the large national companies, Mayflower, United etc...
I used Allied Van Lines from Minneapolis to Sarasota and all went well. I paid after all was delivered in good condition.
Good Luck.
http://www.movingscam.com/

YeLLowBoaT
09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I know lots of guys that just bought or rented containers and had those shiped frieght for alot less then a moving company.

caroftheweek
09-17-2007, 01:09 PM
I just moved from Moreno Valley to Prescott and I used Magic34 (Michael) Father-in-law's company ABC Allied. I had a great experience. The driver was great and all of our stuff arrived on time and intact. I will PM you his info.
Ryan

2Driver
09-17-2007, 01:18 PM
We moved from San Diego to where we are now using North American. They have or at least had a great group here in town.
The guy even took the whole rig up my driveway to save shuttle cost. Otherwise I would have had to pay them to shuttle our stuff from an 18 wheeler to a pick-up then to house. The other guys did not have the balls.

cdog
09-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I know lots of guys that just bought or rented containers and had those shiped frieght for alot less then a moving company.
Any company names? A full size shipping container would work.