View Full Version : Yet another Big Bear Fire

Outnumbered
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Good up to date info here...
http://www.inciweb.org/incident/989/

riverbound
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Actually a better site for more info is rimoftheworld.net
the fire is lees than 3 miles from our house in Fawnskin :( to add insult to injury there were reposrt of people looting evacuated homes on our street. So we wont have any idea what (if any) damage was done to our cabin :(

RitcheyRch
09-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Have they determined it this fire was due to arson?

HavaSkank
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The aircraft has been nonstop all day. I swear those bitches are flying 100 ft over my house.

HavaSkank
09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Actually a better site for more info is rimoftheworld.net(
Hey man, if you read it on rimoftheworld.net then it's the gospel!
(I love going to that site and effin' with the simple locals. Like shooting carp in a toilet)

Outnumbered
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Actually a better site for more info is rimoftheworld.net
the fire is lees than 3 miles from our house in Fawnskin :( to add insult to injury there were reposrt of people looting evacuated homes on our street. So we wont have any idea what (if any) damage was done to our cabin :(
Yep, that same BS happened when I lived in Arrowhead. Focking tweekers. Hope your stuff is OK.

riverbound
09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey man, if you read it on rimoftheworld.net then it's the gospel!
(I love going to that site and effin' with the simple locals. Like shooting carp in a toilet)
the forums are definitely humerous...I was more or less talking about the fire updates have been more accurate and more frequent than other sites I have found.
You mountain people are a crack up :D

HavaSkank
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
You mountain people are a crack up :D
Fresh air and the scent of pine tends to turn a Rhodes Scholar into a slack jawed cousin lover.

riverbound
09-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Fresh air and the scent of pine tends to turn a Rhodes Scholar into a slack jawed cousin lover.
True Dat.

lalhc
09-17-2007, 04:52 PM
rimoftheworld.net is a crack-up. I love reading the many useless threads it produces (especially the Crestline ones).
They had to shut down airtraffic for a while today because one of the little crop duster fire planes made an emergency landing in a field after its engine stopped running. It appears to be flaring up again this evening. It f*($n sucks to hear that people are looting homes in Fawnskin. I read the first reports about looting on Saturday and I felt like going over there and beating those bastards :mad:

HavaSkank
09-17-2007, 04:58 PM
I was in Havasu when I got the news about the fire. My neighbor called and asked what I wanted salvaged out of my house because Green Valley Lake was being evacuated and "we're next." I had to explain to her that they HAVE TO evacuate GVL because there is only one road up and one road down.
This caring, thoughtful neighbor reads rimoftheworld.net religiously and finds the information more crediable than CNN, NBC, and the Vatican.

lalhc
09-17-2007, 05:28 PM
I was a little concerned Saturday evening. So concerned I called the parents of my baseball team to tell them that practice was still on @ 2:30 @ the new baseball field (Brulte) next to Hoffman.

Riverkid
09-17-2007, 06:08 PM
I was in Fawnskin today. There is a huge Fire Dep't presence up the hill. A lot of trucks. No homes where I was have been touched by looters. The family has a place up there too. Big fire.

Dezertrider
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
These fires suck. I just moved my parents from Running Springs this summer ( Thanks Ivan Dan)
I know how you all feel. A few years ago when a portion of Arrowhead homes burned My folks lived with me for a week. That got within a 1/2 mile of there home and it finnaly rained to put out the fire.
Good Luck to all