PDA

View Full Version : Flex Fuel??? Jay?

Boatcop
09-17-2007, 07:42 PM
My Tahoe isn't badged for Flex Fuel, but the mailers I get from Chevy and On-Star state it's E-85 compatible?
What's the deal?

Opinionated
09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
My Tahoe isn't badged for Flex Fuel, but the mailers I get from Chevy and On-Star state it's E-85 compatible?
What's the deal?
The filler cap will be yellow and say E-85 if yours is a flex engine.

riverroyal
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
The filler cap will be yellow and say E-85 if yours is a flex engine.
to drive 600 miles o get the fuel,but what the hell

PHOTOGLOU
09-18-2007, 06:54 PM
What's the deal?
You are part of a campaign to recieve the badging and yellow fuel cap for free.. GM didn't use yellow caps when they produced for vehicles early in model year AND YOU HAD TO HAVE ONE OF THE FIRST ONES....
Good luck with the E85 fuel let me know how the station in Parker is coming... Jay

Boatcop
09-18-2007, 07:27 PM
You are part of a campaign to recieve the badging and yellow fuel cap for free.. GM didn't use yellow caps when they produced for vehicles early in model year AND YOU HAD TO HAVE ONE OF THE FIRST ONES....
Good luck with the E85 fuel let me know how the station in Parker is coming... Jay
Thanks Jay. Nice talking to you. I'll see if Bradley honors the campaign.
And you're wrong. It was Kathy that HAD TO HAVE ONE OF THE FIRST ONES....
:D

Trailer Park Casanova
09-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I for one, hope the E85 program takes off and catches on here in the USA.
Lots of unused farmland we noticed on our trip around the USA.
Plenty of potential.
Give us a report BC when ya get a chance to check it out.

IMPATIENT 1
09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
What's the deal?
pm me your vin# boatcop and i'll run a check, and send it back to ya;) some of those were flex fuel, some were not. if it wasn't and you run the stuff, by by injectors, fuel pump, lines, etc.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Some interesting E85 facts:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/index.shtml?vidID=137216

brianthomas
09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Take it for what it's worth but,,, I make the solid film lubricant coating that is applied to the piston skirts of all Ford and GM pistons. This has been good business for us and the product works well but currently we are in the process of developing the next generation of the coating that will be easier to handle and not need to be stored at temps below the freezing point of water. I recently had a conversation with the lead engineers for the piston manufacturer who also applies the coating. We discussed E85 and they said there is such a limited availability of the fuel that GM has not completed their mechanical transition to be completely compatable with the product. They said at current use levels of E85, GM would rather replace the engines from a cost basis than upgrade to E85 compatibility. What started this conversation was a ride to lunch in my '07 Tahoe that is E85 capable. They just smiled and said do not burn it in anything you want to own for a long time.
This is just my experience with engineers that make the pistons and appear to know what they are speaking about.

Dan Lorenze
10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
There's a station in Brentwood that soon will be offering E85.
http://www.conservfuel.com/