PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo's...

BarryMac
09-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Who has one or more, what is the reason for getting it, curious as to why people get them, sis something significant happen in your life? Kids, Marriage, heartbreak? Inquiring minds wanna know... :idea:

RiverToysJas
09-18-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't have any tattoos, because I like to stand out in a crowd. :D
RTJas :D

Jbb
09-18-2007, 06:58 AM
No Tattoos for me either.....lot's of scars though...and they represent ...stupidity.....and ensuing pain....:D

ck7684
09-18-2007, 07:01 AM
I have a few. Reasons? Nobody's business, but yes, they are significant to me. People get them for different reasons though. Some just think they are "cool", some have meaning...probly everone will have a different answer...

MRSDRMCAT
09-18-2007, 07:02 AM
No Tat's but have considered them many times! If I did get one I would do somehting huge.....go big or go home! I always chicken out though! I guess the number one reason is my girls!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-18-2007, 07:05 AM
I have 4. :rolleyes: Got them all in my early twenties. I wish I never got 2 of them but then again, who cares. So my body is vandalized for the rest of my life. Big deal. LOL
Not a whole lot of significance to mine either.
Hey Linda, lets get a tattoo!
OK!!
Not very profound or significant is it? haha
;)

hkunz
09-18-2007, 07:11 AM
and no tattoos. I've been in some of the worst neighborhoods in the world, hung with buddies that got big ol' asian nightmare tattos, just never saw the need to get my own. As years went on, those same buddies were getting them removed for more than ten times what it cost to get them in the first place.

TBONE1904
09-18-2007, 07:12 AM
2 one was teenage stupidity, and the other my mothers portrait over my heart after she passed....I will probably get my kids names when I have them!!!!

Tom Brown
09-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't have any ink but my buddy Kim does.
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/mystery5a.jpg

AvengerBabe
09-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Who has one or more, what is the reason for getting it, curious as to why people get them, sis something significant happen in your life? Kids, Marriage, heartbreak? Inquiring minds wanna know... :idea:
You gonna finally follow through with "Moofer 4 Ever" across your back in Olde English script, Barry?

AZJD
09-18-2007, 07:17 AM
I don't have any.....

Chubby4Life
09-18-2007, 07:18 AM
No Tattoos for me either.....lot's of scars though...and they represent ...stupidity.....and ensuing pain....:D
I sound a lot like JBB except for me it goes like this: I have tattoos...and they represent ...stupidity.....and ensuing pain....:D
I started with one for a close friend that had passed and it kind of spiraled from there. My one smart move was keeping them above my shirt line!

Sportin' Wood
09-18-2007, 07:22 AM
none.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Their is a new kinda ink coming on the market that is much easier to remove in the future with a less intense laser blast, and gone first pass with the beam.

RitcheyRch
09-18-2007, 07:26 AM
None here either. Never saw a reason to get them.

MissB
09-18-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't have any.....
LIAR!!
I have a couple, all mean something to me during different times during my life. I would like more but the older I get the less I NEED one. :)

HocusPocus
09-18-2007, 07:30 AM
and no tattoos. I've been in some of the worst neighborhoods in the world, hung with buddies that got big ol' asian nightmare tattos, just never saw the need to get my own. As years went on, those same buddies were getting them removed for more than ten times what it cost to get them in the first place.
12 years in the Air Force, lots of traveling around the world and like you have seen friends get some of worst tattoos and even a couple of infections.. but none for me thanks.

BarryMac
09-18-2007, 07:30 AM
You gonna finally follow through with "Moofer 4 Ever" across your back in Olde English script, Barry?
Yeap and Lower River Junkie on the front... :D

AvengerBabe
09-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Yeap and Lower River Junkie on the front... :D
As long as you save room for "AVB" over your heart!

MBlaster
09-18-2007, 07:45 AM
None but I suppose the best reason for me would be ...drunk.

BarryMac
09-18-2007, 07:51 AM
As long as you save room for "AVB" over your heart!
I was saving the spot right above my boardshorts for that one... ;) or maybe rugburn??? LOL :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
LMAO!
The only marks on me are hickies :devil:

AZJD
09-18-2007, 07:59 AM
LIAR!!
I have a couple, all mean something to me during different times during my life. I would like more but the older I get the less I NEED one. :)
:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
I was saving the spot right above my boardshorts for that one... ;) or maybe rugburn??? LOL :D
:D Nice sig. Are we going to see you Saturday?

Jbb
09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Liar!.....You have.. Beans & Rice... Tattooed on your fingers.... :D

BarryMac
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
:D Nice sig. Are we going to see you Saturday?
No, not gonna make it, my season is done... :( :(
The sig was prompted from the best line I've readon HB this year, focking classic, the exact reason we LOVE MMSW... :D

spectras only
09-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm old enough to remember lot of folks just after WW II having tats for what ever reason they got one . All my life it never crossed my mind to get one :idea: .Few punk friend of mines got one in their teens to look mucho . ;) I guess some have a real strong reason to inflict some pain to their bodies . Most of my friends in elementary school started smoking too .
I just had one puff of one and that was enough for me for the rest of my life .
Pretty boring , eh ? :) :D

ratso
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I have one on my left arm... knife through the heart... was kind of the story of my life up until then... reminds me daily that I don't ever want to "go there" again...
Have I ever regretted it? Not at all...;)

20" gun's
09-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Have a few most of them i just had an idea and went with it. I think i have more fun putting tattoo's on other people. I want to wait a few years to finish mine because i might compete once or twice as a body builder.:D

MAINEVENT
09-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I have a few... One on my back and my right sleeve... high shoulder down to my wrist... and I'm working on my left sleeve... All my own designs nothing out of a book... I usually call my artist throw some ideas and meanings his way and tell him what it means to me and he puts my thoughts and meaning into a picture... yeah alot of people have them but that has nothing to do with why i have mine... WHY???? My own personal reasons, and Meaning?? Yes each and everyone of them... I only get inked by one artist and he flat out told me if i walked in to the shop shitfaced drunk and asked for some dumb shit he would laugh and kick me out... (he's a long time friend of the family) Your either into them or your not...

Ziggy
09-18-2007, 01:50 PM
None.
Got a temporary one together with my daughter once ;)

CPBRIAN10THMTN
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I have a full arm sleeve and some scattered on other body parts, never been drunk during any one of my tattoos and all of them have a huge significance in my life and mean something, all are original pieces. Most of them represent a time in my life or an experience and a memorial. Mostly time in the service (see name)

Riverbass
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I am loaded with them. Started when I was a young skin head and now that I am old and I found god I can look back and see all the things that I have been thru good and bad. And yes I keep getting work done every year. Someday my half suit will be done. It's my lifes story in ink.:D :D :D

RitcheyRch
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2007/09/18/tuesday-morning-health-roundup/
Speaking of good ideas, some pregnant women have another reason to reconsider the wisdom of getting a tattoo on the small of their back, reports WSJ’s Rachel Zimmerman. These women and their doctors worry that when an epidural is administered through their tat during labor, the needle can pull some dyed skin and deposit “it into the nerve-rich region outside the spinal column,” where it might cause trouble. Krzysztof Kuczkowski, chief of obstetric anesthesia at the University of California San Diego Medical Center, notes a tatted-up patient experienced unusual burning, tenderness and swelling where an epidural catheter had been placed. Could the tattoo have been the culprit? “It’s possible there’s a release of small particles that could contain metals or toxic compounds,” he says. Even if the medical evidence on the tattoo risk remains in short supply, it’s another reason to think twice before getting permanently inked.

DogMan
09-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Got one after gettin open water II certified. I had been wantin to taste the ink, that was my excuse...I'm happy with it.:)

WaterJunky
09-18-2007, 03:02 PM
No ink, just scars. Tattoo's with stories......
Still usually attached to something dumb I did.......

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Got one after gettin open water II certified. I had been wantin to taste the ink, that was my excuse...I'm happy with it.:)
You had your mouth tattooed? :jawdrop:

cc322
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I have a few. Reasons? Nobody's business, but yes, they are significant to me. People get them for different reasons though. Some just think they are "cool", some have meaning...probly everone will have a different answer...
Well said.... two for me :D oh and hell yeah it hurts :D

yopengo
09-18-2007, 05:40 PM
None for me. I was going to get one of Bilge's face put on my arm....I just need him to send the pic. :idea: :D

riverroyal
09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
you know its a target on your lower back

Lightning
09-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't have any...but have wanted one for the longest time. I'm sure it'll happen one day. My pops has a bunch, he was a sailor his whole life.

Blown 472
09-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Is that some sorta cantard fence?

riverroyal
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't have any...but have wanted one for the longest time. I'm sure it'll happen one day. My pops has a bunch, he was a sailor his whole life.
454 tattoo in in encinitas is the place to go.

MADDOG355
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Montgomery Gentry said it best.
"Tattoos and scars are different things", I only have scars.
Odd as it is I have hung with a few diffrent MC clubs over the years and never had the desire to get inked.
My wife does have one tat, A heart on her chest with my name in it.

san-d-eggo
09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
i got a few all from the collar down... the best thing is when you get alot they all eventually count as 1.

Tom Brown
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Is that some sorta cantard fence?
Kim prefers the privacy of a solid fence.

PunkAssBitch
09-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I have one itty bitty teeny tiny one for no particular reason at all ;)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39532&stc=1&d=1190172953

san-d-eggo
09-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I have one itty bitty teeny tiny one for no particular reason at all ;)
thats tiny. go for the full sleeve!

Nord
09-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Tattoos are for Sissy La Las......................

Lightning
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
I've heard that from a few people. I am either going to go their or to Avalon II and see Fip Buchanen - if i can get an appointment....

MissB
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Billy has done 2 of mine.. I love them!! He's the man!!

Nord
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Billy has done 2 of mine.. I love them!! He's the man!!
I love your avitar................those girls are B*tches though:mad:

MissB
09-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I love your avitar................those girls are B*tches though:mad:
What do you mean??

Nord
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Girls that look like that are B*tches.............don't ya know??

MissB
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
OH sorry I didn't know that...I will file it with things to know:devil: :idea:

Nord
09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Good stuff..............Good stuff..:notam: