PDA

View Full Version : No Water In Havasu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
09-18-2007, 06:54 AM
We just got a call from our daughter in Law that a water main break could leave the south and central portions of town with out water and that schools were closed for the day. We confirmed with the LHPD that it is indeed a reality and they told us it could disrupt water flow to the entire city until its fixed.
Having been in the pipeline industry most of my life i find it hard to believe that one main breaking could affect the whole town as Havasu draws from many different sources as i understand, but then again it is Havasu:confused: NSF

Havasu1986
09-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Didn't they install sectional valves..:confused: We have to do that on our fire mains every 5 outlets.

HocusPocus
09-18-2007, 07:01 AM
A break in a large city water main may affect water service to thousands of Lake Havasu City residents Tuesday. City crews were repairing a leak in a 36 inch pipe at the drinking water treatment plant near Port Drive and Copper Drive late Monday night when at 3 a.m., slippage in the line caused a second break approximately 1,000 feet from the first. Normal pumping to storage tanks that serve a major portion of the city was interrupted, creating the possibility that water demand in the central and lower south portions of the city may drain storage, resulting in isolated to widespread outages during the day Tuesday.
The possibility of no water prompted school officials to close all schools, including the high school Tuesday, with the expectation they will be reopened Wednesday.
The repairs are expected to be completed sometime Tuesday and citizens are being asked to cease all non-essential water use, including outdoor irrigation, until the pipeline is fixed and storage tanks are allowed to refill.
that can't be a good thing.

Throttle
09-18-2007, 07:03 AM
going to have to go down to the lake with a few buckets... just like the old days...

ThongMagnet
09-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I'm guessing a few folks are going to need a few buckets of water for the toilets this morning.

phebus
09-18-2007, 07:18 AM
I'll just have to start drinking beer a little earlier. Gotta hydrate. :D

FOURQ
09-18-2007, 07:19 AM
we got a call about 45 min ago from the school telling us DO NOT BRING THE KIDS .. now what in the hell are we supposed to do with them while we go to work ....we did know at 7 from an inside source so we hurried up and showered and then started calling everyone we know. this is BS if you ask me there should be a redundant system so this doesn't happen. I just hope the 3 flushes I get in the house today will last ;)

Quest4Fun
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Yup...our phone started ringing at about 6:40 this morning that there was no school today. The kids are excited! When I learned that it was a water line to the city, I quickly filled the bathtub with water so we would at least have that to flush the toilet, etc. And we have lots of bottled water.
So now since there is no school....We're going on the lake!!! :D :D

OnlyMoney
09-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Ahhh, the hard life in Havasu. :)
Good thing we're north side and not in town anymore. :D

phebus
09-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Still have water at my central location. :D

Mrs.Racer277
09-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Ahhh, the hard life in Havasu. :)
Good thing we're north side and not in town anymore. :D
:) :) :)
We do have our advantages :D

Quest4Fun
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
We still have water on the south end of town, but the pressure is kind of weak. We heard that the water could be out as of 9:00 - 10:00 this morning. :eek:

Ion
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Everything's normal in the LB golf course neighborhood. (central - south)

Kilrtoy
09-18-2007, 08:17 AM
water is getting turned off at 1000am

Quest4Fun
09-18-2007, 08:22 AM
water is getting turned off at 1000am
Do you know for how long???

Kilrtoy
09-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Do you know for how long???
Unknown

Jyruiz
09-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Good day to be out on the lake.

Quest4Fun
09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Good day to be out on the lake.
It's going to be a great day on the lake :D

Havasu_Dreamin
09-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Reprinted without the permission of Tri State News
Water Break; All Schools Close -Bad Day For Havasu
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - There’s a huge problem in Lake Havasu City today. This community known for its popular lake has a water problem. All schools are closed for the day and an unknown number of residents, probably thousands, are affected by the break in a large city water main.
Late last night, city crews were repairing a leak in a 36-inch pipe at the drinking water treatment plant near Port Drive and Copper Drive. At around 3am, slippage in the line caused a second break -- approximately 1,000 feet from the first. Normal pumping to storage tanks that serve a major portion of the city was interrupted, creating the possibility that water demand in the central and lower south portions of the city may drain storage, "resulting in isolated to widespread outages throughout today."
City Manager Richard Kaffenberger spoke with TSN and made these specific remarks about the situation. "We're asking people to curtail unnecessary water usage right now. We need to have adequate reserves in case of fire needs. The problem should be taken care of by today." TSN asked Kaffenberger if there is any reason people should fill up their bath tubs? "Absolutely not! That would be counterproductive." Kaffenberger added, "the public should conserve the water right now."
The possibility of no water affected six of the city’s nine schools and school superintendent Gail Milay told TSN she decided to close all the schools in the city. Hopefully, they will be reopened tomorrow. High school athletes training for out-of-town tournaments will practice today. However, no middle school athletics will take place.
Once again, The repairs are expected to be completed sometime today and citizens are being asked to cease all non-essential water use, including outdoor irrigation, until the pipeline is fixed and storage tanks are allowed to refill.

Quest4Fun
09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Just returned from the southside Bashas. Bottled water is going like hotcakes. Word around the town is that water could be out until tomorrow, city says it will be back today, but who really knows. We are prepared!

phebus
09-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Water still on at my house in central, as well as a friends house in the south.

Not So Fast
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Water still on at my house in central, as well as a friends house in the south.
Mines good in the north side:D NSF

HavasuUncleLarry
09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Should be all back to normal early evening... A crack public works team is on the job. I say that, cause I believe we have some of the best city workers in the country.

mmered8299
09-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Its a test for the future. To see how people react when there is no more water availble.