PDA

View Full Version : CSM Drive... Old, But It hangs.... Want Roost?

xphoneguyx
09-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Just Some pics i took.... there were a few threads that said that the csm diverter are garbage, go out and spend a few grand on the quest for a larger roost..... i made a few mods, all under $100.00 to get what i was looking for... sure, not as big as a few big $$$$$ set ups, but I still have more to go.... the grinding made a HUGE improvement, I was afraid to go more, I one took off about 1 inch... and cut and re-welded with 3 deg. the snoot.. simple and CHEAP..... the only thing is, I need a new turnbuckle and i could actually get about another 2 degs..
I was told, it couldnt be done......
Really...
Check it out....
Tom.....

jetboatperformance
09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Good job Xphone ,just proves with a little ambition and perserverance you can do pretty much anything !!Tom

nice and easy
09-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I've had the csm on my Beisemeyer 21ft since 1978. recently during the
total boat rebuild, I had a machinest increase the ID of the piece in front
of the nozzle from 4.0 in to 4.250. Made a big diff in accel. and top end.
I am curious as to what you were grinding on. Please advise
Thank
Ron B

xphoneguyx
09-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I've had the csm on my Beisemeyer 21ft since 1978. recently during the
total boat rebuild, I had a machinest increase the ID of the piece in front
of the nozzle from 4.0 in to 4.250. Made a big diff in accel. and top end.
I am curious as to what you were grinding on. Please advise
Thank
Ron B
I will have to take some new pics of the drive- i didnt have my camera before we put it in the water... but I shaved about 1 ince off the top of the pivot (trim - up and down point) to allow for more up trim.. this is an old pic of drive.
the pic - top jet is mine the csm
the other attached pic is one i found here and got the idea from, i diddnt get crazy chopping as much off just a tad compared to that pic - enough not to expose the o-ring... but a 1/4 inch does a whole lot!!!!
-Tom

xphoneguyx
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I will have to take some new pics of the drive- i didnt have my camera before we put it in the water... but I shaved about 1 ince off the top of the pivot (trim - up and down point) to allow for more up trim.. this is an old pic of drive.
the pic - top jet is mine the csm
the other attached pic is one i found here and got the idea from, i diddnt get crazy chopping as much off just a tad compared to that pic - enough not to expose the o-ring... but a 1/4 inch does a whole lot!!!!
-Tom
PICTURE is a BEFORE shot.... i have to get a few pics of the after.....
i really didnt get any roost before the grinding.....