PDA

View Full Version : Any good collections agency references here?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
09-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a customer stickin it to me on payment and I don't want to give them any more time. They are based in Arizona if that makes any difference to the agency.
I should also be asking for attorney references in the event it gets that far. The atty would have to be in Tempe as that is where they are located.

HokeySon
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I have a customer stickin it to me on payment and I don't want to give them any more time. They are based in Arizona if that makes any difference to the agency.
I should also be asking for attorney references in the event it gets that far. The atty would have to be in Tempe as that is where they are located.
www.narca.org For a list of collection lawyers (I don't belong to it, but it is a good organization). Might as well start with a lawyer -- the contingent percentage is the same as an agency (if the lawyer will take it on contingency it is usually 50% of collection same as an agency). My experience is that collection agencies tend to piss off commercial accounts by using inappropriate tactics, but your milage may vary.
Unless this is a consumer debt, you do not need an AZ lawyer necessarily. And if your contract doesn't already say you can sue them in CA where you are based it should. If you go the agency route, you may need a licensed agency in AZ and make sure they indemnify you for any Fair debt collection practices act violations.
HTH

SJRS1
09-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Try these guys..they specialize in commercial debt collections and they are in Az...
http://www.stuartallan.com/