PDA

View Full Version : Boat Insurance Help Needed...Quick!

ricktuttle
02-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I am a new guy here and don't really know where to post this question so I thought I would try here. I have a 19ft Mantra TX-19 jetboat with OT headers and open engine compartment that I have a ton of money in and it is my baby. The problem is that the place I had it insured with for four years will no longer insure boats like mine so I am without coverage. I just received orders the other day to ship back out to the sandbox and I am worried to death about my boat setting in storage without insurance coverage. I really need to find some kind of insurance that will at least cover it if something happens to it while sitting in storage or if it gets stolen. Hell I don't even care if it's covered while on the water or not, although that would be nice too. I am needing to get this done as quickly as possible before I leave and any help would be wonderful. Even if it is some sort of exspensive short term insurance that would be better than nothing. Hopefully if God is willing I will be back sometime in August and I will have more time to explore more permanent insurance options then. I plan on buying a house when I get back with a nice shop or garage where I could keep the boat and maybe get it covered by my home owners policy. Thanks

Mohave Vice
02-25-2006, 07:31 PM
There's a ton of previous posts on insurance. Search "insurance". BTW .......... THANKS for your service to our country and be safe!!!

purrfecttremor
02-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Progresive and thanks for serving Our great Country.

marty722
02-25-2006, 09:08 PM
progressive dropped insurance with OT headers... Can't find any other ins to cover....

Focker
02-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Try Allstate

ricktuttle
02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep, I had Progressive and they dropped me.

YeLLowBoaT
02-25-2006, 10:47 PM
where will yu be storeing the boat??? since the boat will not be used you may be able to get another type of INS. I know a few ppl that have hot rods /race cars that for 1 reason or another they are not drivin. They were able to add them too thier home owners... may not apply too you but its worth a shot.

roln 20s
02-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Give Greg or Devin a call at Wozencraft insurance--they insurance all kinds of high performance boats--and are EXTREMELY knowledgable about all boats out there. If anyone can help you- these guys can.
Their number is 714-263-2626. Tell them Patrick Jones referred you. Good luck and be safe at the Sandbox--my thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Take care :)

me4drvr
02-25-2006, 11:48 PM
State Farm in Havasu, don't have the contact info (at the office), but yahoo yellow pages should have it. Very very reasonable for short and long term. Godspeed my friend!!

ricktuttle
02-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys

Mohave Vice
02-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Checked my phone book and here's some numbers that I have on file. This should help you out.
800-225-6560
714-895-7050
562-690-9770 "Shawn"
562-496-2444
888-246-4673 "Steve"
909-624-5419
Good luck Bud!
The best to you in the Sandbox.

BajaMike
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I am a new guy here and don't really know where to post this question so I thought I would try here. I have a 19ft Mantra TX-19 jetboat with OT headers and open engine compartment that I have a ton of money in and it is my baby. The problem is that the place I had it insured with for four years will no longer insure boats like mine so I am without coverage. I just received orders the other day to ship back out to the sandbox and I am worried to death about my boat setting in storage without insurance coverage. I really need to find some kind of insurance that will at least cover it if something happens to it while sitting in storage or if it gets stolen. Hell I don't even care if it's covered while on the water or not, although that would be nice too. I am needing to get this done as quickly as possible before I leave and any help would be wonderful. Even if it is some sort of exspensive short term insurance that would be better than nothing. Hopefully if God is willing I will be back sometime in August and I will have more time to explore more permanent insurance options then. I plan on buying a house when I get back with a nice shop or garage where I could keep the boat and maybe get it covered by my home owners policy. Thanks
Do you have USAA?? It used to be only for former or current military officers but now I think it is open to all former and current military. :rollside:
They are absolutely the BEST!!!! :idea:
They have always had the lowest rates on insurance and many other services.
Call 800-531-8111
Or click here to see if you are eligible....
USAA (https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon)
Thanks for your service!!

BajaMike
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Any other military guys use USAA for thier boat??:confused:
:idea: :rollside: :boxed:

NOTALENT
02-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Get with Coletrickle...he can hook ya up. :rollside: