PDA

View Full Version : Rapidcraft Boats

Bill Nemec
09-10-2001, 12:41 PM
I'm interested in a boat in my area but I'm coming up with very little information about Rapidcraft despite my best efforts on the net. The boat is a 1993 20ft and rigged with a 200hp Merc EFI. It looks to be a performance hull and I can't figure out why the lack of info? Any background on this boat/mfg. would be appreciated.

HavasuBarney
09-10-2001, 04:34 PM
Rapid Craft, if you only knew!!
Rapid Craft comes out of a long racing heritage, Eliminator, Hydrostream.
If it's a Riot, 20ft picklefork, it has the (WI)Eliminator Scorpion bottom and is about the fastest rough water lake racer ever made!
My good friends Riot.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/3r/UZ/Qm/rx94253.jpg
Scorpion was originally designed with a jet in mind and did not run well with an outboard, the Riot had the dash moved back about 9 inches and runs 110+ with a stock Mercury 260hp 2.5.
Very cool boat, if you decide against it, let me know!
Rapid Craft made a buch of boats in the mid-west, but still went belly-up! I believe the company still owns the molds, produce one or two boats a year.
You can also try, you'll see several there.www.scaryfast.com (http://www.scaryfast.com) Baker Marine. Their father was on the design team and they know those boats very well, probably even the one your looking at!
[This message has been edited by HavasuBarney (edited September 10, 2001).]

kab
09-13-2001, 06:22 AM
Havasubarney- I have a friend with a rapidcraft w/stock 2.5 he can only do 103 on radar. He has tried a number of props, but still only a little over 100. Does your friends boat run 110+? is so what is his set-up? I have seen that boat in parker. My friends boat is grey with pinks.

HavasuBarney
09-13-2001, 08:33 AM
That would be Uncle Tony's boat, yes he is capable of much faster than that. Uncle Tony helps many of the OB racers with R&D, testing, he may have the fastest single engine OB in the nation. He also works with nitrious and pushes a very big bottle. Awesome boat. He runs the 1/4 mile with a small prop, Yamaha drag. Not sure the particulars with his set-up, but I'm sure he would be happy to share, very cool guy.

chizzler
09-13-2001, 07:24 PM
Rapidcraft built in Grand Rapids,MN went out of business because one of their customers sued them for 2 million dollars when their boat blew-over and killed the driver. No insurance company will cover them. So know they make fiberglass shells for "bobcat" style loaders...sad. At least this is the story I got from a former employee.

hdwilly
09-14-2001, 09:22 AM
Thanks HavasuBarney your info was great; unfortunately, I spent too much time researching and not enough time buying. The boat is sold, bummer. You were right on the money about scaryfast.com as the boat was advertised there. It was the blue 20 footer up in northern Minnesota.
Thanks again!

troy perkins
09-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Rapid Craft, if you only knew!!
Rapid Craft comes out of a long racing heritage, Eliminator, Hydrostream.
If it's a Riot, 20ft picklefork, it has the (WI)Eliminator Scorpion bottom and is about the fastest rough water lake racer ever made!
My good friends Riot.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/3r/UZ/Qm/rx94253.jpg
Scorpion was originally designed with a jet in mind and did not run well with an outboard, the Riot had the dash moved back about 9 inches and runs 110+ with a stock Mercury 260hp 2.5.
Very cool boat, if you decide against it, let me know!
Rapid Craft made a buch of boats in the mid-west, but still went belly-up! I believe the company still owns the molds, produce one or two boats a year.
You can also try, you'll see several there.www.scaryfast.com (http://www.scaryfast.com) Baker Marine. Their father was on the design team and they know those boats very well, probably even the one your looking at!
[This message has been edited by HavasuBarney (edited September 10, 2001).]
I have a 1986 eliminator scorpion with a 454 blown and its well over 100 mph . this boat is awesome on rough water . I havent owned it very long and i would like to know a little more about it and im lacking info about it , could someone help me out .

Towndrunk
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I have a 1986 eliminator scorpion with a 454 blown and its well over 100 mph . this boat is awesome on rough water . I havent owned it very long and i would like to know a little more about it and im lacking info about it , could someone help me out .
Yeah, sure. Pics.:D