PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento River

S&M
09-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I just moved up to the carson city area and the Sacremento River is only about 2 hours away. Any suggestions on were to go?

FuelInMyVeins82
09-18-2007, 08:29 PM
What kind of boat?

GAWnCA
09-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I just moved up to the carson city area and the Sacremento River is only about 2 hours away. Any suggestions on were to go?
Where did you move from? You can start in Sacramento at Miller Park or Discovery Park. They are close to down town. Then there's knight's Landing about 40 minutes north or the Delta about the same south. Miller Park is really close to Old Sacramento if you want to do the tourist thing.

S&M
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I just moved from southern Cal. I got a 19' kachina jet boat.

FuelInMyVeins82
09-18-2007, 10:33 PM
I just moved from southern Cal. I got a 19' kachina jet boat.
OK, the reason i asked is there is always lake tahoe but that would be a bit rough.
There is topaz lake w/ is right off the 395 on the Ca/ NV border. I'm not sure if they allow hot rods but its worth a shot. Heres there web site
http://www.topazlake.com/

Heatseeker
09-18-2007, 10:38 PM
I know some folks that live in the Reno area that boat at Lahotan. I've never been there, so I don't know how far it is from Reno though.

HalletDave
09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
I know some folks that live in the Reno area that boat at Lahotan. I've never been there, so I don't know how far it is from Reno though.
Lahotan is maybe 45 minutes from Carson City.

S&M
09-19-2007, 07:53 AM
I have been going to Lake Lahottan, but thet closed it down because it got to low. It was a pretty nice lake. Lake Topaz is rocky and gets chopped up by noon because of the wind. Thats why i was looking to check out the Sacramento river.

HalletDave
09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
S&M,
A couple of years ago, (early Oct), I pulled the Hallett up to Galt to visit a friend of mine. We met MohaveKid and his wife at Veronas Landing to launch. We cruised up the Sac past Knight's Landing and pretty much had the river to ourselves. You need to check it out.

Cas
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
S&M,
A few of us are meeting up at Knights Landing on the Sac River on the 30th of this month. You're nore than welcome to join in and meet a few people from NorCal. Here's a link to some info-
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/cas/vpost?id=2119848
you probably need to register to read it but you can also read about other outings that are going on up here in the "Get Togethers, What's Next" forum.
You can also go to http://www.banderlog.com to read about other outings around here.

Cas
09-19-2007, 08:22 AM
oh yea, here's a link to some pictures of a spur of the moment trip some of us took to the Sac River a few weeks ago-
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id157.htm
and a link to the Past Outings page to see some of the fun you can join in on-
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id54.htm
come on out and join us!

McIntyrelocal
09-19-2007, 08:45 AM
knights landing and camp far west,look bitchen never been but see lots of video and there are some of the baddest v-drives that ive seen in both,got to schoutenranch.com and there is video of both look for knights landing and cfw videos.

GAWnCA
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
S&M,
A few of us are meeting up at Knights Landing on the Sac River on the 30th of this month. You're nore than welcome to join in and meet a few people from NorCal. Here's a link to some info-
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/cas/vpost?id=2119848
you probably need to register to read it but you can also read about other outings that are going on up here in the "Get Togethers, What's Next" forum.
You can also go to http://www.banderlog.com to read about other outings around here.
DAMN! I just looked and didn't see that announcement for the 30th of Sept. I'll have to re-read it. I hope my boat is back together and this global warming crap gets started soon so we'll have longer summers here in the valley. 67 on Saturday, in September is NOT good for health reasons. :D

spectratoad
09-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the area. We go up to the Delta once a year at least. Great time is had that weekend------from what I can remember. :)
Topaz is nice but not sure about the boat type restrictions. We also go to Pyramid. Big lake but can get windy. Frenchman is just north of me here in Reno. Nice, kinda small but a great after work float. Colfax area has Rollins Lake. Haven't been on it yet but got a few friends up there with boats that go often.
Lahontan is cool with water but has been overrun with idiots in wakeboard boats and bigger idiots on jet skis and you gotta fight for any decent beach camp.
I have a Spectra 21 and go to Tahoe once in awhile. It is nice but last time there a month or so back we got a late start back to the ramp and got caught in the afternoon winds. Got a little scary. Got a 24' Carrera Classic also now so that should solve that. :D
Hope to see you on the water sometime. There are quite a few of us here that hit the water together alot during the summer.

LakesOnly
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Don't know about NV, but there are a lot of lakes around here in northern CA. To name a few: Sac/Feather River
Sac river delta
Bullard's Bar
Collins Lake
Rollins Lake
Camp Far West Lake
Lake Oroville
Oroville Afterbay
Folsom Lake
Lake Berryessa
Modesto Reservoir
Clear Lake
Some of these are nicer than others, plus there are lots more.
LO

jetovatorjeff
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
sacramento river looked cool toat on. his temp in summer time?

Cas
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Don't know about NV, but there are a lot of lakes around here in northern CA. To name a few: Sac/Feather River
Sac river delta
Bullard's Bar
Collins Lake
Rollins Lake
Camp Far West Lake
Lake Oroville
Oroville Afterbay
Folsom Lake
Lake Berryessa
Modesto Reservoir
Clear Lake
Some of these are nicer than others, plus there are lots more.
LO
and I think Lake Shasta is only about a 3-1/2 to 4 hr tow and it's definitely worth the trip!

S&M
09-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for all the help and suggestions on were to go. Will definetly try and make that trip to knights landing on the 30th. Hows the weather in Sacramento?

YeLLowBoaT
09-19-2007, 03:15 PM
sadly most of the lakes in the sacramento area right now are more like small ponds. The rivers are still pretty high.

GAWnCA
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all the help and suggestions on were to go. Will definetly try and make that trip to knights landing on the 30th. Hows the weather in Sacramento?
It's darn cool in Sacramento, 53* F @ 11:00 pm. Suppose to rain tomorrow. This has been a cool summer as well. Hope that global warming shows up soon.... I'm not ready for winter in September. :D

UltraJet
09-20-2007, 03:55 AM
If you are going to sac river, I recommend launching at Discovery park, Richards Blvd. exit off of the 5. There is plenty of ramp and there is no current. Do not launch at Miller Park. I have heard from a lot of folks about their cars getting busted into over there. Haven't had any problems, yet, at Discovery Park. There are plenty of restauraunts/bars that you can dock up to within a mile in each direction from there as well. Was just out there a week ago and it was great.

Cas
09-20-2007, 06:26 AM
If you are going to sac river, I recommend launching at Discovery park, Richards Blvd. exit off of the 5. There is plenty of ramp and there is no current. Do not launch at Miller Park. I have heard from a lot of folks about their cars getting busted into over there. Haven't had any problems, yet, at Discovery Park. There are plenty of restauraunts/bars that you can dock up to within a mile in each direction from there as well. Was just out there a week ago and it was great.
just make sure you have front and rear license plates on your vehicle and the bolts are tight. I've heard and read about numerous tickets for no front license plate.