PDA

View Full Version : Black AN fittings

Red Rocket
09-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know where to get black anodized fittings, specifically bulkhead fittings. Thanks Mike

Rexone
09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
We can get from XRP, normally a stock item with them. I plan on stocking them also in the future but not yet.
Just give a call if you need and we can special order them in. If XRP has it's normally a few days max.

Cs19
09-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Mike, we did the White knight in all black, heitman was able to get every fitting we needed in black from some aircraft place in Riverside, they have everything in stock. Send him a PM to find out where the place is, he goes by Rippingnolegskroker.

curtis73
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Summit, Jegs, and PAW usually carry them. I know for a fact that Summit and Jegs are top notch mail order companies. PAW is OK as long as you know what you need and don't require any of their "backwoods" advice which can include chewing gum as a sealant, twisting aluminum foil to make wire, and using a .22 caliber cartridge as a replacement fuse.

RCB19
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Earls now offers their AnoTuff line which are all hard black anodized. Not much more than the regular ano fittings.

Run_em_Hard
09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
We can get from XRP, normally a stock item with them. I plan on stocking them also in the future but not yet.
Just give a call if you need and we can special order them in. If XRP has it's normally a few days max.
I have ordered stuff from XRP. Their product is great. Expensive but great. They have quite a bit of black fittings and they will also send a real nice catalog that shows basically everything.

Rexone
09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I have ordered stuff from XRP. Their product is great. Expensive but great. They have quite a bit of black fittings and they will also send a real nice catalog that shows basically everything.
From our price comparisons, which we do extensively on a periodic basis, our XRP pricing is very competitive (the same or lower in some cases) with Summit or Jegs, or PAW, Earls, Russel and Aeroquip's product lines, part for part. There are a few exceptions but not a lot.
XRP hose ends in my opinion, (and I've used and installed them all), are the finest quality of any on the market in terms of thread tolerance, sealing design, and anodize quality. This is reflected by all the race teams that will consider using nothing but XRP.

502 JET
09-19-2007, 03:50 AM
XRP hose ends in my opinion, (and I've used and installed them all), are the finest quality of any on the market in terms of thread tolerance, sealing design, and anodize quality. This is reflected by all the race teams that will consider using nothing but XRP.
I second that on the XRP fittings.
I used Earls swivel seal hose ends on my boat and ran out of fittings. I went to the local circle track shop to get the extra fittings and they had the XRP. The XRP fittings were much nicer to work with than the Earls and seem to be of better quality. I found this out after assembling around 30 hose ends. In the future I will use nothing but XRP. You can tell the difference just holding the fitting in your hand and even more so when assembling them.

mostly crue
09-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Mike, Kendall Crabtree works there.( P-52 crackerbox racer) Ask for him very cool dude and a good friend of mine.
Jeff