phebus
09-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Anyone been back yet this year? I think it's about time for a trip. :idea:

yopengo
09-19-2007, 06:52 AM
...not yet...was thinking the same thing. ;) That time of year again. :D

havaduner
09-19-2007, 06:55 AM
The ride's a little longer for us, never been there. Gotta find that place!!

hyevon
09-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Went there this past Saturday had agreat time then went night jeeping with 11 jeeps

Trailer Park Casanova
09-19-2007, 08:23 AM
We'll be heading up to the desert bar this weekend.
Probably Sat afternoon.

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 08:33 AM
I plan to go once the heat cools down a bit more...4 weeks more sounds about right...

boat boy
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Heard about it, how do you get there?

phebus
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Turn in on Cienega Springs Rd. (just south of Emerald Canyon Golf Course in Parker), and just follow the dirt road back.
Here is a link to the website http://www.thedesertbar.com/

boat boy
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Turn in on Cienega Springs Rd. (just south of Emerald Canyon Golf Course in Parker), and just follow the dirt road back.
THANKS

Danhercules
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Ill be there after the Parker 300

Havasu_Dreamin
09-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I've never been to the Desert Bar, but being the computer geek that I am I checked it out on Google maps (http://maps.google.com) and it shows that you come to a fork in the road eventually after you leave Hwy 95. Anyway, that road is then named Nellie E Saloon Road...for some reason I found that interesting.

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Do you need a 4x4 to get there?

phebus
09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Do you need a 4x4 to get there?
No, pretty easy graded road. Take it easy going back and you won't have a problem. I saw a guy back there on a chopper one day.

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 03:17 PM
No, pretty easy graded road. Take it easy going back and you won't have a problem. I saw a guy back there on a chopper one day.
Cool, we are going to hit that place during Thanksgiving.

phebus
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Go early, busy weekend

PARKER ED
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Went labor day weekend. Its cool to see what Ken has done in the off season. New horse shoe pit is done. 78 yards of concrete in the new retaining wall.:jawdrop:

havasu2
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
I checked the place out last year and will never go again. The owner (?) chewed out my friend's wife because her kids were eating a sandwich in his parking lot. I told him, I know he is the boss, but it was pretty shitty to bark at a forty year-old woman in front of her kids. His eyes got about an inch big and he let us know what a big shot he is. We left, with him following us out to the parking lot ranting & raving. We had a group of eight adults that like to drink and party. His loss. I left thinking that asshole landed right where he belongs, right in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I can see from most of the posts that I am in the minority. I don't post much myself, but that guy was such a dick, this thread tripped my trigger.

Throttle
09-19-2007, 04:12 PM
okay, I'm in. ready to go...

Kokopelli
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Us too! Prolly take the new Rhino....

Old Man Havasu
09-19-2007, 05:06 PM
okay, I'm in. ready to go...
I will head out on 9/29 after the BLM clean up at Bill Williams. Anyone else volunteering that day?

Throttle
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I will head out on 9/29 after the BLM clean up at Bill Williams. Anyone else volunteering that day?
ok, I thought I would be ready, I will be in Ontario with my son for a bmx racing weekend (redline & gold cup finals) during that time. have fun

RiverRatMike
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I checked the place out last year and will never go again. The owner (?) chewed out my friend's wife because her kids were eating a sandwich in his parking lot. I told him, I know he is the boss, but it was pretty shitty to bark at a forty year-old woman in front of her kids. His eyes got about an inch big and he let us know what a big shot he is. We left, with him following us out to the parking lot ranting & raving. We had a group of eight adults that like to drink and party. His loss. I left thinking that asshole landed right where he belongs, right in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I can see from most of the posts that I am in the minority. I don't post much myself, but that guy was such a dick, this thread tripped my trigger.
yeah F*** that desert bar!

WTMFA
09-19-2007, 08:36 PM
My buddy and I tried to get there from Havasu once thru the desert. Didn't make it across the Bill Williams. Is there some way across that we don't know of?:confused:

RiverRatMike
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
yeah go in from Standard Wash south of Havasu (about 35 miles to BWR) from there. Find the shallowest part of the river and cross there and you'll be on mineral wash road, then take shea road into parker.

WTMFA
09-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Do I have to go all the way down to shea road to get to parker then the desert bar? I know there are trails leading from the northern end of parker to the desert bar. After I crossed BWR could I get to one of those trails on the northern end?
Thx.

Old Man Havasu
09-20-2007, 09:20 AM
ok, I thought I would be ready, I will be in Ontario with my son for a bmx racing weekend (redline & gold cup finals) during that time. have fun
And I was going to buy!
Good luck to your son in the finals!

BigBoyBlue
09-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I was their this past saturday. Still very hot to sit out there. We met up for a jeep run at 5PM and it was still in the 90's

phebus
09-20-2007, 09:25 AM
The weather has changed for now, and I'm planning a Sunday trip. :D
Or Saturday, hell maybe both. :D

westair
09-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Kids eating a sandwich in a dirt parking lot! WTF ... must be more to this.

Jyruiz
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe he does not like food brought in.

phebus
09-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Probably smoking, playing poker, and drinking. :D

franky
09-20-2007, 09:34 AM
It is a good road but you have to watch out for the slow moving a**holes.
I was hauling a** in my Z06 doing about 110 right where the road narrows and this Ahole in a green and blue station wagon doing about 45 turns right in front of me and sent me spinning into the weeds. Good thing I was taught by the best or I would have rolled that thing.:) :) :) :) Sorry Kilr
Rick, are you Jeepin it from Havi through the desert or highway into Parker?

phebus
09-20-2007, 09:38 AM
It is a good road but you have to watch out for the slow moving a**holes.
I was hauling a** in my Z06 doing about 110 right where the road narrows and this Ahole in a green and blue station wagon doing about 45 turns right in front of me and sent me spinning into the weeds. Good thing I was taught by the best or I would have rolled that thing.:) :) :) :) Sorry Kilr
Rick, are you Jeepin it from Havi through the desert or highway into Parker?
Classic :D
Probably taking the highway. I will have Miss Daisy and a back seat passenger. Don't like to offroad much with someone in the back seat. They seem to get beat up.

Hal
09-20-2007, 10:16 AM
The kids may have been in the parking lot without supervision.:idea: or maybe the mom carried a beer out to the parking which is a no no. Kenny is very touchy about his rules.:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Resized.jpg

Mrs. Bordsmnj
09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
The kids may have been in the parking lot without supervision.:idea: or maybe the mom carried a beer out to the parking which is a no no. Kenny is very touchy about his rules.:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Resized.jpg
The Kissing Bridge!!! ;)

havasu2
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Our friend was with her kids in the parking lot while they were eating their sandwiches. She was told by a friend that this was ok, feed the kids and go in and have fun. We had never been there or seen the website and didn't have any idea what to expect. First, some kid working there starts yelling at the mom to move out(this is a 40 year-old PTA mom in front of her kids 5, and 10 year-old twins). Then Kenny, I assume, comes out all fired up and YELLING at her to get out of his lot. She was so shocked She did not say a word. Just gathered up the kids and walked to her car. I was already inside checking the place out when I went to get her and the kids. When I saw our friend She looked upset and I got filled in. I went back, I quietly asked Kenny if maybe he could of handled it better and he WENT OFF. I went inside got the rest of our group (that had already ordered a round) and headed out to our cars in the lot. Kenny followed us out there spewing all sorts of crazy talk.
Bottom line, the guy is an Fing jerk, all he had to do was ASK her to put her food back in the car and come back in and buy some his food and he would of had customers for life. We go to Havasu year-round, boating in the summer, off-roading in the winter. I also understand that the guy has a business and he makes money selling food too. We don't take sandwiches to restaurants when we are at home and it's not like we are cheap and trying to avoid spending money on the kid's plates. ( I assume the guy that gave us shit is "Kenny" 55-65 years-old, 5'7"-8", stocky)

Jyruiz
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Our friend was with her kids in the parking lot while they were eating their sandwiches. She was told by a friend that this was ok, feed the kids and go in and have fun. We had never been there or seen the website and didn't have any idea what to expect. First, some kid working there starts yelling at the mom to move out(this is a 40 year-old PTA mom in front of her kids 5, and 10 year-old twins). Then Kenny, I assume, comes out all fired up and YELLING at her to get out of his lot. She was so shocked She did not say a word. Just gathered up the kids and walked to her car. I was already inside checking the place out when I went to get her and the kids. When I saw our friend She looked upset and I got filled in. I went back, I quietly asked Kenny if maybe he could of handled it better and he WENT OFF. I went inside got the rest of our group (that had already ordered a round) and headed out to our cars in the lot. Kenny followed us out there spewing all sorts of crazy talk.
Bottom line, the guy is an Fing jerk, all he had to do was ASK her to put her food back in the car and come back in and buy some his food and he would of had customers for life. We go to Havasu year-round, boating in the summer, off-roading in the winter. I also understand that the guy has a business and he makes money selling food too. We don't take sandwiches to restaurants when we are at home and it's not like we are cheap and trying to avoid spending money on the kid's plates. ( I assume the guy that gave us shit is "Kenny" 55-65 years-old, 5'7"-8", stocky)
Yeah, that could have been handled a lot better.

Trailer Park Casanova
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
There's a 4x4 trail entrance to Kennies behind the last gas station heading to Havasu,, across from the State campground.
Damn,, can't remember the name of the station. Used to say last CHEAP gas,, those were the days.
We've always had really good dealings with Kenny. Look closely into his eyes and someone is in there with him.
The Desert Bar has natural draft swamp cooling, works great.
http://www.thedesertbar.com/sitebuilder/images/nellie-283x204.jpg
Nellie the Desert Bar cat.
Our cat is one of Nellies kittens. Supurb rodent hunter.

PARKER ED
09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
River island market & gas

Sun burners
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Friday after Thanksgiving!

skyskier
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I've never been to the Desert Bar, but being the computer geek that I am I checked it out on Google maps (http://maps.google.com) and it shows that you come to a fork in the road eventually after you leave Hwy 95. Anyway, that road is then named Nellie E Saloon Road...for some reason I found that interesting.
The Desert Bar is located on the grounds of the old Empire mine.( see attached photo circa 1900) The name "Nellie E" originates from the old mining claim. They used to mine copper and then take it to the smelter at Empire landing, which was located on the AZ side of the river across from what today is Riverland resort, formerly called Kinder's Camp.

Racey
09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
I'll be out there oct 12,13,14th anyone else???? Love the desertbar!

Stoneman
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Been there, nothing special but beer was cold, so what do you need? Next I want to take the back way from the gas station.
I have a 4X4 lifted with 33's but don't want to go alone the first time.

LOWRIVER2
09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I like Kenny, the man has balls.
I went up there in Feb. about 4 years ago on a Tues. afternoon. I had never been to the bar but wanted to sight in my M-4 with a new ACOG. I passed the "designated shooting range" but did'nt see signs for where to shoot (my bad). I pull up to a hillside that has a good background 300 yards away from the road, but is appox. 2 miles from the bar (I found out later). I've set up my silhouettes and have fired approx. 20 rounds when I see a Wht. Tundra speeding up to me from a mile out. I stop, figuring I'm in the wrong area, and stop, but still have my tac vest on, M-4 on low ready and holstered .45 clearly displayed. Kenny drives within 100 feet, gets out and walks at me asking me what I'm doing. I tell him sighting in my rifle and he goes off about his house being two miles away. I politely apoligize and tell him I'll move on. I also tell him he might want to be a little more careful about walking up on a guy with a scoped rifle next time. Kenny replies, "you ain't the first, you won't be the last".
Good guy, he was in the right, but he'll probably end up dead out there when he walks up on the wrong guy, un armed.
Great bar, I drove out another day and found it, reminded him of the encounter and he laughed.