PDA

View Full Version : Pavers in Claremont

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Pavers in Claremont what is the going price per square ft to install driveway of a new house??

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:31 AM
help please just need approx pricing

VegasCharger
09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Anywhere from 4 to 6 dollars a sq ft. Unless you have a hook up.
I can get pavers cheap but i am in vegas!
help please just need approx pricing

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Anywhere from 4 to 6 dollars a sq ft. Unless you have a hook up.
I can get pavers cheap but i am in vegas!
Had a guy come by yesterday and say $17 sq ft for the flat and more for wall????? thought that was too much

whiteworks
09-19-2007, 09:50 AM
$17.00 might not be that out of line. some pavers get kind of pricey. also the prep work to the soil, compaction/base? dont forget the contractors overhead workers comp/liability insurance and all the fun stuff that comes with being legit. if the prep is not done correctly you can plan on pulling them up down the road and laying them again. if your interested in decrotive concrete one of my subs does great work "good price" and is local to claremont

Outnumbered
09-19-2007, 09:59 AM
$7-14 is typical out here. Some of the nicer pavers will run more. The complexity of the driveway, grade, curves, borders, site-prep, etc will drive the price up to where you were quoted. Just get 2-3 more bids: apples to apples.

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Had a guy come by yesterday and say $17 sq ft for the flat and more for wall????? thought that was too much
Hey, I can put together a crew and come out and help, lets see Stoker, Leadfoot, Capt Ron, RiverJoe, RiverBobby, parkmark and maybe even andrew can run the job...let me know :eek:

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Where at in claremont? I'm south of chumpchange near mills and the field station...
North on mountain above baseline

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey, I can put together a crew and come out and help, lets see Stoker, Leadfoot, Capt Ron, RiverJoe, RiverBobby, parkmark and maybe even andrew can run the job...let me know :eek:
Thats nice Maybe Not!!!!!!!

UltraLucky
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
There is a house down on Mountain just South of Conduit School on the East side of the Street that was having pavers installed last Fri. & Sat. Might try talking to them. Lebel 409 It is quite common for pavers to be used on the Driveways. The city controls materials from the approach to the back of walk but after that point there should be no problems installing pavers.

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
There is a house down on Mountain just South of Conduit School on the East side of the Street that was having pavers installed last Fri. & Sat. Might try talking to them. Lebel 409 It is quite common for pavers to be used on the Driveways. The city controls materials from the approach to the back of walk but after that point there should be no problems installing pavers.
will do that this afternoon thanks

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Thats nice Maybe Not!!!!!!!
Come on I hear Andrew is great with supervising a fire hydrant check, He did that deal down our street on Sunday, flooded the whole street. What is he thinking??

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
we need permit as its a new house thought pavers would be better for cracking issues thanks Don

CARLSON-JET
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe some stamped, colored concrete. It is fairly common around here on some of the custom builds and looks really nice compared to just plain concrete. Good luck with the project.

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
thanks

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Just had 1000 sq ft done out here in AZ....non licensed guy who came with references did it and was reliable....it was for a RV parking and a couple curved walk ways....Pima blend, non tumbled... - 3500 for Labor and he brought the sand and did all the prep....I paid 2000 for the pavers after tax and delivery..so about 5.5 a square foot....and this was matching the current layout designs matched in the other areas of the yard and driveway..

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Just had 1000 sq ft done out here in AZ....non licensed guy who came with references did it and was reliable....it was for a RV parking and a couple curved walk ways....Pima blend, non tumbled... - 3500 for Labor and he brought the sand and did all the prep....I paid 2000 for the pavers after tax and delivery..so about 5.5 a square foot....and this was matching the current layout designs matched in the other areas of the yard and driveway..
just sand under no rock or gravel?????

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Nah I hear all you need is some River Sand and glue and you are good to go

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Nah I hear all you need is some River Sand and glue and you are good to go
GLUE??????

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Nope...rock, then sand...

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Nope...rock, then sand...
This is a gray area some say rock some road base. and then this clown with his glue never mind him

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
GLUE??????
You should know better than to listen to me :D

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
This is a gray area some say rock some road base
I had rock in both areas all ready, so most except for 2"'s were removed...then that leveled and tamped...then sand level and tamped, the the pavers....part of the reason it was less expensive is there was not much demo that had to be done.

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I had rock in both areas all ready, so most except for 2"'s were removed...then that leveled and tamped...then sand level and tamped, the the pavers....part of the reason it was less expensive is there was not much demo that had to be done.
Couple more guys coming to look tomorrow just want to have heads up thanks

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Couple more guys coming to look tomorrow just want to have heads up thanks
Just make the call and I will send Andrew over there to take care of it :D

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 08:27 AM
:sqeyes: Just make the call and I will send Andrew over there to take care of it :D
:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

PaPaG
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM
:sqeyes:
:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
I am glad they are almost done, looks like we might get the rainy season early this year and that would suck if they don't get this done in time.