PDA

View Full Version : TV Hook Up Help/Dilemna.

dmontzsta
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I am hooking up a new TV in my son's room. There is only 2 A/V Ins with 1 S-Video. He has a PS2, GameCube, DVD Player and Nintendo that he wants hooked up. Can anyone recommend a good A/V switcher box? I would like to hook up the PS2, GameCube and DVD Player into a Box and then the box into one of the TV's A/V In, the Nintendo will go into the Coax spot (no brainer) while the DVR box will go into the other A/V slot w/ S-Video. Am I thinking right here? it has been a while since I hooked up component stuff. Thanks.

That Guy
09-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't know how to do any of that stuff but I'd like you to adopt me....:D

OutCole'd
09-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I would get jyruiz involved, that guy seems to know his shit about TV's....

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 09:27 AM
I would get jyruiz involved, that guy seems to know his shit about TV's....
I don't know what you are talking about.:D
Don,
Go to Radio Shack and tell them you need a audio/video switcher, it should only run you about $30.00, and stay away from coax if at all possible.

OutCole'd
09-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Don,
Go to Radio Shack and tell them you need a audio/video switcher, it should only run you about $30.00, and stay away from coax if at all possible.
See, I told you.:D
And it was great meeting you last weekend Juan!

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Great meeting you too.

Some Kind Of Monster
09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Don,
I think he is talking about an original Nintendo. I don't think Coax is going to hurt the picture :D Besides, I think the original Nintendo only had a coax connection.

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
I think he is talking about an original Nintendo. I don't think Coax is going to hurt the picture :D Besides, I think the original Nintendo only had a coax connection.
Wow, didn't know those were still around.:)

Baja Big Dog
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Great meeting you too.
GEEZ...get a room!!!!!!:D

dmontzsta
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Wow, didn't know those were still around.:)
This one is from when I was a kid. :) It still works, with lots of games and he likes playing it more than the GameCube and PS2.
Do they have S Video switcher boxes too? Cause the DVD Player and DirecTv would need to use that.
Thanks again for your help.
BTW: I went with the Samsung 4254 the picture sucks balls so far, but HD is not set up, they should be here soon to set it all up, I am hoping the normal channels look a little better once they work their magic, but right now the normal channels look pixely.

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 09:55 AM
This one is from when I was a kid. :) It still works, with lots of games and he likes playing it more than the GameCube and PS2.
Do they have S Video switcher boxes too? Cause the DVD Player and DirecTv would need to use that.
Thanks again for your help.
BTW: I went with the Samsung 4254 the picture sucks balls so far, but HD is not set up, they should be here soon to set it all up, I am hoping the normal channels look a little better once they work their magic, but right now the normal channels look pixely.
S-video switcher,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6352298&st=video+switcher&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1076628516373
I am going to send you some info the the 4254, pm me your e-mail address.

dmontzsta
09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
S-video switcher,
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6352298&st=video+switcher&lp=5&type=product&cp=1&id=1076628516373
I am going to send you some info the the 4254, pm me your e-mail address.
Thanks. That looks like a straight forward switcher box. I just checked his DVD player and it has the Red/Blue/Green jack as well, would it be better to hook those up? (component is what its called?) Is there a switcher box with that?
Thanks again: BTW: just PM'd you my email addy for the info on the Sam.

Jyruiz
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks. That looks like a straight forward switcher box. I just checked his DVD player and it has the Red/Blue/Green jack as well, would it be better to hook those up? (component is what its called?) Is there a switcher box with that?
Thanks again: BTW: just PM'd you my email addy for the info on the Sam.
Component would be best over S-video, but really only on sets over 40 inches. There are component switchers as well, but you have to make sure the TV has the component input. Also, a component switcher will cost about twice as much at least.
Oh, forgot, I e-mailed you some settings to use on your Samsung.