PDA

View Full Version : Propeller borrowing 101

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 11:41 AM
So last season a fellow ***boater asked to borrow a set of Labbed 36 Four Blade. I of course said "No Problem", He stopped by my house and picked them up.
So in the process of using them he threw a Blade, he limped back to the marine and pulled his boat off. When I arrived back to Havasu he had left the both propellers at a local shop. With the broken propeller being un-usuable it was thrown away (Missing an Ear). I contacted him about a new 36, and he asked me for the three eared one back so he could get it fixed. The shop let him know it was unfixable.
So one year or so after he asked me to borrow my propellers he isn't returning my phone calls, and he has even told a close friend of mine he has NO intention of paying ($800.00) or replacing my propeller, do to it being defective it's not his problem.
It isn't a money thing for me it's pricipal, I feel if you borrow something from someone it should be replaced in the same manner you borrowed it in.
So I guess my question is..... If I borrowed propellers from you and one of them through a blade and I told you they were defective and not my responsibility to pay for; WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

Phat Matt
09-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Bad luck for your friend but shit happens. He should buy you a new one if it is unfixable...bottom line.

shippingguy
09-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I would say. Let me see if I can get this warrantied and if not then I will need you to pay to replace the prop.
Mike

riverbound
09-19-2007, 11:44 AM
So last season a fellow ***boater asked to borrow a set of Labbed 36 Four Blade. I of course said "No Problem", He stopped by my house and picked them up.
So in the process of using them he threw a Blade, he limped back to the marine and pulled his boat off. When I arrived back to Havasu he had left the both propellers at a local shop. With the broken propeller being un-usuable it was thrown away (Missing an Ear). I contacted him about a new 36, and he asked me for the three eared one back so he could get it fixed. The shop let him know it was unfixable.
So one year or so after he asked me to borrow my propellers he isn't returning my phone calls, and he has even told a close friend of mine he has NO intention of paying ($800.00) or replacing my propeller, do to it being defective it's not his problem.
It isn't a money thing for me it's pricipal, I feel if you borrow something from someone it should be replaced in the same manner you borrowed it in.
So I guess my question is..... If I borrowed propellers from you and one of them through a blade and I told you they were defective and not my responsibility to pay for; WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?
I wouldnt have lent them to him in the first place. but Im guessing if the person is so over extended that they need the $800 that bad to burn someone, probably not the kind of person you wnat to associate with in the first place.

yopengo
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd say he owes you a prop and an apology for being and ass...
Yep...I agree.

Essex29
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Bad luck for your friend but shit happens. He should buy you a new one if it is unfixable...bottom line.
A friend would have had a new one to you without even thinking about it...He should pay up without question.

Cole Trickle
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Agreed and thats why I don't borrow things.(He didn't cause the damage)
Chances are you would have thrown the blade next time out but now he is the one that owes $800.00:( :eek:
Sucks for both parties....maybe split it and stay friends:)

Biglue
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
maybe split it and stay friends
That would have been my take in the begining so that I don't comprimise my friendship. Now he just owes you the whole 8 bills. Just my .02

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
You should have never seen the bad prop again you borrow someones sh*t you OWN IT untill you return it in better shape than when they lent it to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Racey
09-19-2007, 11:51 AM
You return something as it was when you got it. When you borrow something you should understand that you are now taking responsibility for the item, whether or not it's defective, it's in your possession now, you are responsible.
That would be like borrowing a buddy's a dirt-bike and having the thing seize on you out riding, whether or not you were being hard on it is irrelevant, it ran when it left his garage and you brought it back broken, you buck up and fix it, that's the cost of borrowing something and not buying your own.....
This is why i don't like borrowing anything unless i absolutely have to....

the_gray_goose
09-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Yep...I agree.
I agee with this also.
If you can't afford to replace something, then don't borrow it in the first place.

vee-driven
09-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Usually when i let people "BORROW" something i usually plan on never seeing it again.

prosthogod
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree with all the above comments. My question is , if somebody has the horsepower to turn a 36 prop don't you think 800 bucks for a new prop would be nothing?

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree with all the above comments. My question is , if somebody has the horsepower to turn a 36 prop don't you think 800 bucks for a new prop would be nothing?
Much less 2 of them!!!!!!

UnionJack
I would say. Let me see if I can get this warrantied and if not then I will need you to pay to replace the prop.
Mike
The props we used when I bought them so no Warranty

Jyruiz
That sucks, he should man up and buy you a new prop.

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
300k boat

shippingguy
09-19-2007, 12:04 PM
The props we used when I bought them so no Warranty
Got it. Well I think he should man up and buy a new one. He obviously has a high performance boat and the more power you put to the prop the bigger chance to snap an ear especailly if labbed.
Mike

NOTALENT
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
I say your friend is a total douche bag! You should take his off his boat!;)

Cole Trickle
09-19-2007, 12:08 PM
So the props were used when you bought them?
What is retail and what did you pay?:)

NOTALENT
09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Damn insurance agents....you guys are like car salesman (except Jay)!!!!:D Doesnt matter the cost...he should replace them with a set (new or used).

superdave013
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
it could have been worse. It could have failed on your boat. Then it would have been you limping back to the marina.
This one is kinda in the grey area if you ask me.
Kinda like letting someone use your truck and the starter goes out. Who's fault is that?
I guess it goes back to why I don't like to borrow or lend.

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
retail is about 2g, I got them for 1600 perfect condition

Havasu Carrera
09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Ditto

Cole Trickle
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
retail is about 2g, I got them for 1600 perfect condition
Gotcha...So your only asking for your investment back.:)
I don't think your being un-fair it's just a crappy situation. Does the guy have loot or did he loose his job in the mortgage buizz and already sell the boat?:D :eek:

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
it could have been worse. It could have failed on your boat. Then it would have been you limping back to the marina.
This one is kinda in the grey area if you ask me.
Kinda like letting someone use your truck and the starter goes out. Who's fault is that?
I guess it goes back to why I don't like to borrow or lend.
I totally see your point, but it's not a starter in you car.... Now if I borrowed you car and got a flat tire..... Whole different story

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Gotcha...So your only asking for your investment back.:)
I don't think your being un-fair it's just a crappy situation. Does the guy have loot or did he loose his job in the mortgage buizz and already sell the boat?:D :eek:
I think he is doing fine, own's his own business (not in the mortgage biz) his wife drives a super fly ride, and his truck is rolling big shoes

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:20 PM
I totally see your point, but it's not a starter in you car.... Now if I borrowed you car and got a flat tire..... Whole different story
No if you borrow something YOU OWN IT till you return it PERIOD!!!!!even if it burns to the ground Think before you borrow!!!!!!!

caroftheweek
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
that was exactly my thought. he owes you a prop whether it is his fault or not. you gave him 2 "working" props and that is what should be returned to you.

Ziggy
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
You should get back what you loaned him.

Jbb
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
With the newly sharpened lab finished prop.....I would carve the letter L in you're forehead...indicating...loser....:D
Borrow it....break it....replace it...Immediately...

Cole Trickle
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I think he is doing fine, own's his own business (not in the mortgage biz) his wife drives a super fly ride, and his truck is rolling big shoes
super fly?:D
I hate him I think he should buy you 2 props and a 12 pack for being a rich dick!!!:eek: :devil: :D

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I would take a used 36 labbed

melbatoast
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
You return something as it was when you got it. When you borrow something you should understand that you are now taking responsibility for the item, whether or not it's defective, it's in your possession now, you are responsible.
That would be like borrowing a buddy's a dirt-bike and having the thing seize on you out riding, whether or not you were being hard on it is irrelevant, it ran when it left his garage and you brought it back broken, you buck up and fix it, that's the cost of borrowing something and not buying your own.....
This is why i don't like borrowing anything unless i absolutely have to....
This is a character issue up and down, no matter how you slice it. I personally have borrowed plenty of things from friends and busted them all apart. Tools, motorcycles, rhinos, boats, trucks, whatever. I always fix the problem and return it in at least the same condition it was when i borrowed it. And let him know if there is anything further that is a problem to let me know and ill take care of that also. Its always fun to show your buddy the broken parts when you return his property. It makes for a good laugh and something to drink beer and b.s. about.

Kachina26
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
That blows, should be replaced, period.

VictoryIzMine
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
He definately owes you a prop or at least the money for one. I've loaned out props before (to friends only mined you) and they always understand that it's a "break you buy" policy. In fact it did happen to one of my friends. I loaned him a prop. He returned it with one of the ears torn off and a check to cover the cost of a new one. No hard feelings what so ever and we're still good friends today.:D

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
First of all, let me just say I'm glad this wasn't about us :) ....I had a sinking feeling when I first went to open this.
Second of all, we have borrowed many a prop in our day. It's something the bigger boats have to go through and borrowing can be the easiest, and least expensive at times, way to try out prop sizes to find the right size for your boat. That's why it's done for those of you who don't get why UJ let them be borrowed in the first place.
It all comes down to this: If it happens when you're running it, you owe for it. Yes there can be times where it might not be the drivers responsibility like losing the prop shaft...that's a whole different road to go down.
Plain and simple, you let me borrow it and it's my responsibility to return it as I found it. Yeah it sucks but....
Good luck UJ. Maybe in the end you can split the charge for the replacement.

Member: 7673
09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
X3
$800 is still a good chunk of dough.
I guess you got to choose your friends wisely.
...............my 0.02 contribution

acatitude
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
minimum, he owes ya 800 bucks.. but should repplace with a labbed one to match your other one. why should you have to dick around getting it done.. He should have inspected the props before he took them and you should have also and let him know they are ok... I say this cuzz I had an issue buying a prop from a friend , didnt check it and found it was slightly cracked..long story short I ended up eatin the price of it, so my next one essentially cost 2x as much...hey is the other a rh??? can I borrow it???:D

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Why not Name the BALLER!!!!!!

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I would take a used 36 labbed
I'm guessing Chris doesn't have one in his arsenal? :idea:

MKEELINE
09-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Without a doubt, the guy owes you a prop. If he was a "stand up" guy at all he would have got ahold of you when it happened. Instead, he just dropped them off and washed his hands of it. Sounds like a Class A jerkoff.

ChumpChange
09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
In due time grasshopper. The name ALWAYS comes out sooner or later.:D

Baja Big Dog
09-19-2007, 12:50 PM
What could he have done to cause the damage? Hit something...its his, that is doubtful, cause the other blades would show signs of damage, ask me the king of focked up props!!!
If the prop was defective (which it sounds like then you two, and only you two should get together, and if your friends, then you two should decide how to make it right!) This is not the peoples court! Its a gray area, but if it was defective, you should be glad it happened to his boat, and not yours....so in essence, he did you a favor!!! (flame away!!:D )
The guy is in the wrong because he is avoiding you...that sucks! Sounds like its time to buy a 6 pack and drop by and sit down with the guy, and when its all said and done, a hug will be in order.
Court adjourned!!!!

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing Chris doesn't have one in his arsenal? :idea:
If I could borrow your prop's that means I would be rocking #6's which would be way cool.... Vegas this weekend baby

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
If I could borrow your prop's that means I would be rocking #6's which would be way cool.... Vegas this weekend baby
I know...crappy weather though.....and I was thinking props from past boats. :)

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:52 PM
What could he have done to cause the damage? Hit something...its his, that is doubtful, cause the other blades would show signs of damage, ask me the king of focked up props!!!
If the prop was defective (which it sounds like then you two, and only you two should get together, and if your friends, then you two should decide how to make it right!) This is not the peoples court! Its a gray area, but if it was defective, you should be glad it happened to his boat, and not yours....so in essence, he did you a favor!!! (flame away!!:D )
The guy is in the wrong because he is avoiding you...that sucks! Sounds like its time to buy a 6 pack and drop by and sit down with the guy, and when its all said and done, a hug will be in order.
Court adjourned!!!!
Do not agree BBD

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I didn't want to do it in that way, I want them to log on and see how people fell about it. Some know who he is, and those peep's will keep it on the LoLo

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
The VERY least the guy could/should have done was offer to split the cost of a replacement,
again that's the very least!
It was never offered, and now I don't know if I would do it

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I didn't want to do it in that way, I want them to log on and see how people fell about it. Some know who he is, and those peep's will keep it on the LoLo
Its all good IF he see's this:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

ChumpChange
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
But since DCB owners only talk to other DCB owners, we can at least assume that, right? :D

Baja Big Dog
09-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Do not agree BBD
It was meant to stir the shit, and look what came up!!!!:D
Seen any for sale signs latley???:confused:

40FlatDeck
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Do not agree BBD
Defective prop? Thats funny, how are you going to prove that?:rolleyes: I have been borrowing some 5 blades now for a few months. At Mead I nicked them up pretty good. The second day I was home they were off to BBlades getting fixed with a new lab finish. You borrow it, you own it. These are 6 props too, not the cheap Bravos:D
UJ, you are in luck! I have a set of lab finished 36's with the diffusor ring cut off. They came with my 36 Spectre. I sent them back to get cleaned up, traded my Spectre, and they have been sitting ever since. $750 for your bad luck. Thats for both.;)
Erik

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:03 PM
But since DCB owners only talk to other DCB owners, we can at least assume that, right? :D
WOW... I have friend's with a Chap, howard, everyone knows someone with a magic deck...

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
It was meant to stir the shit, and look what came up!!!!:D
Seen any for sale signs latley???:confused:
Yea pretty soon we will all need stabin cabins :) Oh and i forgot:D :D LOL :D :D LOL :D :D

DCBDaytona
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
It was never offered, and now I don't know if I would do it
Maybe your "baller" friend isn't ballin' as much as he tries to make one perceive. ;) ;) ;)

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Defective prop? Thats funny, how are you going to prove that?:rolleyes: I have been borrowing some 5 blades now for a few months. At Mead I nicked them up pretty good. The second day I was home they were off to BBlades getting fixed with a new lab finish. You borrow it, you own it. These are 6 props too, not the cheap Bravos:D
UJ, you are in luck! I have a set of lab finished 36's with the diffusor ring cut off. They came with my 36 Spectre. I sent them back to get cleaned up, traded my Spectre, and they have been sitting ever since. $750 for your bad luck. Thats for both.;)
Erik
Thanks bro, do you want to sell one:D , I have already bought a set.... but It never hurts to have extra's

DeltaSigBoater
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Borrowing props is like loaning out your girlfriend… to easy to fock em!

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Maybe your "baller" friend isn't ballin' as much as he tries to make one perceive. ;) ;) ;)
maybe, how the shop treating your folks?

ULTRA26 # 1
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
IMO It should be replaced with like, kind and quality. If the prop was over a year old the cost of an LKQ used prop is what he owes. If it was less than a year old it was under warranty in which case it should be replaced with new.
jm

40FlatDeck
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks bro, do you want to sell one:D , I have already bought a set.... but It never hurts to have extra's
I don't want to split them up..............fock it, $600 for the set.:D Just give me a ride sometime.:)

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't want to split them up..............fock it, $600 for the set.:D Just give me a ride sometime.:)
Seem to me like this guy is a better friend to you than your OTHER friend???????

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
let me talk to my wife

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
You give me a ride

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
me hanging out with a skater owner
www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/maui.jpg
Uh linky no workie and I think I started a thread. ;)

UnionJack
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
it was out picture

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
it was out picture
Nevermind...lol. I'll bump the thread for you. :)

Dave C
09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
you break, you buy....
oh well, for you ballers $800 is a small price to pay NOT to have "friends" like that anymore....:devil: ;)

hkunz
09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
If you break it and buy another to replace it/fix it, then the next time you need to borrow something, it is easy to do. I had a guy borrow my Jeep trailer one time. When he brought it back, he told me he had some trouble with it. I never saw what the trouble was, but I did see the new wiring and new tie downs, including one more than I loaned it out with. He can borrow anything he wants now.

Baja Big Dog
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Erik
E man..point being, if he hit something, it would be obvious, because the other blades would show signs of damage, its hard to hit a prop hard enough to break off one blade complete, and have no other damage to the other blades, agreed? So what else would cause the blade to fall off? I would ask the prop guy what caused it, and IM guessing he is gonna say it wasn't from hitting something...agreed? Again, I'M looking into the reality of the issue, not for a knee jerk reaction from the court of Hot Boat, and start looking for tree for this guy to swing from!!
I know that folks will read between the lines and not answer the questions I have asked, but that's the fun of Hot Boats!!!
The bottom line is how good of friends are/were these guys? Im thinking they didnt share girldriends!!:jawdrop:

DCBDaytona
09-19-2007, 01:18 PM
maybe, how the shop treating your folks?
Very well. Now if I can just figure out how to get a ride in a sick F-32 like Jay did I'd be set!:D

40FlatDeck
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
E man..point being, if he hit something, it would be obvious, because the other blades would show signs of damage, its hard to hit a prop hard enough to break off one blade complete, and have no other damage to the other blades, agreed? So what else would cause the blade to fall off? I would ask the prop guy what caused it, and IM guessing he is gonna say it wasn't from hitting something...agreed? Again, I'M looking into the reality of the issue, not for a knee jerk reaction from the court of Hot Boat, and start looking for tree for this guy to swing from!!
I know that folks will read between the lines and not answer the questions I have asked, but that's the fun of Hot Boats!!!
The bottom line is how good of friends are/were these guys? Im thinking they didnt share girldriends!!:jawdrop:
I see your point.......:D

Old Man Havasu
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Does he boat at Havasu? You could ask Kilr to spin him out in the reeds! :devil:

WYRD
09-19-2007, 01:24 PM
300k boat
Maybe the guy is in deeper than he can handle

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I concur with most on here...he owes you a prop, or the money to buy another one, and what it costs to lab it like the other.
Tell him to man up. You borrow stuff, YOU take the risk, not the lender.
And, it was a FOCKING YEAR AGO?!
Post his screen name if he's on here. Reading the poll won't "encourage" him as much as getting 50 PM's and dirty looks the next time we see him boating. :devil:

Kilrtoy
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
[/IMG]Does he boat at Havasu? You could ask Kilr to spin him out in the reeds! :devil:
I know longer turn , everyone else now moves for me
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4791/kilrshippingvb2.jpg

LAFD
09-19-2007, 02:12 PM
[/IMG]
now thats one hell of a party barge.

Big Inch
09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
If it was me I would pay to replace it before even returning it. You borrow something you assume the risk. That being said...If I lent a prop to someone and this happened and that person replaced it and I believed it was due to a defect not their neglect or abuse I would probably offer to return all or part of their money since it wasn't their fault it happened.

Sleek-Jet
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
That's what you get for loaning your shit out... I wouldn't buy a prop either, that'll learn ya... 800 is a cheap lesson...
Actually I would replace the prop, but I just want to mark my place in the thread so I know where to start reading on Friday...

DansBlown73Nordic
09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
You didn't loan these props to a guy named LATER????????:devil:

Havasu Carrera
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
You give me a ride
Hey!!!! HEY!!!! I bought a prop from 40!!! NOW WHERE IS MY RIDE?!?!?!
What kind of customer service is that????? OH and a couple sea strainers!!!:D And and and uhhhh I WANNA RIDE!?!??! Can I drive????:D :) :eek:

Old Man Havasu
09-19-2007, 04:23 PM
[/IMG]
Now that was a class response! :D I gotta learn to do that stuff!

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 04:46 PM
He should buy you a new one...plain and simple...
If it was fixable, maybe he should get it repaired but thrown ears are not fixable..

DeltaSigBoater
09-19-2007, 04:51 PM
If it was fixable, maybe he should get it repaired but thrown ears are not fixable..
Unless you got one of those modular composite props, where you can replace the damaged ears providing that the hub is not damaged.
But those dont look cool, unless you're a rolling a '88 Bayliner, with the rubrail reattached with dry-wall screws

HokeySon
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
yup. yup. Borrowed a truck, it blew a tire and took out the fender. Very expensive to fix, so I bought the truck from him at his named price (no haggling). I would have fixed it, but that worked out better for both of us.

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Labbed props are potato chips and the manufacture won't warranty them so if they do throw an ear you are out of luck....cause even if the other blades don't show damage you are out of luck....I went through this with Merc
So if you are running high numbers and borrowing potato chips to test with, then you need to replace or repair them to the condition when you borrowed them....not go through and try and figure cause and effect. Cause and effect was yours when you borrowed them....these are Hi-Performance items we are talking about and should be considered very fragile when borrowing not like borrowing a car or your neigbs lawnmower or bbq. Even those I would replace or repair...
Some have said you should have pitched the half idea to keep a friend....F That...I would not want this person as a friend if they acted this way to me...... I would be a lot happier having some cheap a$$ sob out of my life and 800 poorer if I this were done to me.
Sorry...$800 props, $300K boat, and 0 calls back...= Priceless.....sounds like another case of the Thousandaire Mentality...."Living Large in Debt"...:idea:

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Unless you got one of those modular composite props, where you can replace the damaged ears providing that the hub is not damaged.
But those dont look cool, unless you're a rolling a '88 Bayliner, with the rubrail reattached with dry-wall screws
They don't make 36" Torque Shift props like the old days...to run the #'s these guys do..

Tom Olson
09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
$800 bucks is cheap compared to what you 'might' have lent him,,another lesson learned:idea:

Sleeper CP
09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I agee with this also.
If you can't afford to replace something, then don't borrow it in the first place.
Just incase your friend reads this thread I'll tell him a little story: Years ago I use to be somewhat friends with Chip Hanauer (Hydroplane driver) he drove for Fran Muncey a close friend of mine ( that's how I met him) We were talking about his driving carrier and how long he had been doing it among other stories he told me when he was driving Grand-Prix boats he was at a race and blew up his teams two engines. Another team offered to loan him an engine and he decided to take them up on it so his team could make the show.
He got 5 laps on it and it let go. It wasn't anything he did, it didn't over rev or anything it just blew. He paid for the engine the next week. And couldn't afford to rebuild his engines for months. He told me he never borrowed anything ever again if he wasn't going to be able to afford to pay for it.
Anyway, your friend owes you a Prop.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

BajaMike
09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Agreed and thats why I don't borrow things.(He didn't cause the damage)
Chances are you would have thrown the blade next time out but now he is the one that owes $800.00:( :eek:
Sucks for both parties....maybe split it and stay friends:)
I would say it is very, very, very rare for a quality prop just to throw a blade.....he very likely hit something or used it im-properly.:idea:
Regardless, the borrower owes the $800!

Tom Olson
09-19-2007, 05:52 PM
I would say it is very, very, very rare for a quality prop just to throw a blade.....he very likely hit something or used it im-properly.:idea:
Regardless, the borrower owes the $800!
I agree, he owes the dough,,but labbed bravos/big horspower= pitched ears

STV_Keith
09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Not always Mike. The thinned "lab" props get work hardened from surfacing, then slapping the water again on the way back in. Sure, they throw a cool roost, but it takes it toll on the prop.
I threw a blade on my fav prop back in February. :(

weaver
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
FUN STUFF!!! well I have no props on my fly ride but if I did and they were yours I'm pretty sure I would be taking a loan to get you a new one. Wedding making me broke.
any way there is plenty of room for chris so chris hope to see you and your new bride soon.
ok i got to go clean the pad.

kap
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
To UnionJack
This is an ethical question that arises frequently and judging by the replys it is quite lopsided against the borrower. In this fact pattern it appears to be justified.
First let's take the friendship out of the equation.
A. The person is obviously not a friend when they do not reply or take corrective action to solve the problem immediately to prevent any fractures in the relationship.
B. The friendship no longer exists because resentment will carry over--- no matter who pays for the prop---because even if he is shamed into buying you a replacement--this is not the type of person you want to associate with and claim as a friend.
Note: We only have YOUR side of the story and facts. It only takes a few words or a change in the fact pattern to paint the lender [UJ] into a corner and a bad light.
The rationale is simple when the borrower agreed to accept the props for testing he agreed to accept responsibility and as such bought both props not one. If the props performed then borrower would have bought the props unless you were giving them away which by all indication you were not.
Your position to require the borrower to buy both is further strengthend by the following.
Lab finished props done in sets are very difficult to match with another used one. The key to having a matched set is to have both props pushing the same in a twin engine application versus having mismatched props. It is highly unlikely that the lender will be able to duplicate the original set with another used prop in my opinion unless someone can lab finish the replacement like the original set.
If this proposal is not acceptable to the borrower or rejected--- the lender should proceed to the local superior/small claims court [depending on the jurisdiction] and bring suit for the full amount plus costs. Time involved maybe 8 hours = $200 per hour if $1,600 is recovered, desired effect of obtaining a judgment priceless :D .
In conclusion, I enjoyed this hypothetical/real life experience it poses a lesson for all and an ethical preface for those that like to borrow things. Owners should tell borrowers, when they borrow it you break it you replace it, bought it,-- period no negotiations!---or---if you borrow, tell owner hey! if this thing comes apart do not look for me to pay for it then let the owner make the decision.
Good luck in your pursuit,:) :)
KAP

BajaMike
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Not always Mike. The thinned "lab" props get work hardened from surfacing, then slapping the water again on the way back in. Sure, they throw a cool roost, but it takes it toll on the prop.
I threw a blade on my fav prop back in February. :(
I'm agreeing with you...which is a good reason to NEVER loan out one of a matched set of "labbed" props. It will be very hard to get another one that matches the one you have.
Going airborne, over-reving the engine, and re-entering the water can damage a prop (and the engine)....another reason I would never loan or borrow a prop.
The guy owes the $800.......:idea:

OnlyMoney
09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
any way there is plenty of room for chris so chris hope to see you and your new bride soon.
ok i got to go clean the pad.
Hey, is that an invite!??!?! :D :D

weaver
09-19-2007, 07:48 PM
yes sir we would love to have you and the mrs. at the wedding from what I hear its pretty much in your backyard. Anyway hit me up if you need any info or give taytay a buzz.

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
You borrowed it, you broke it, you bought it..... Old School, Old Rules

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
You borrowed it, you broke it, you bought it..... Old School, Old Rules
Everybody isnt the mayor of Moabi that can just go around and use anybodys prop in the middle of the week when there not home:eek: :D :eek:

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
MY previous posts BORROW IT you own it till you return it

Kilrtoy
09-19-2007, 09:58 PM
This whole thread has left a sour taste in my mouth..
All summer I loaned out a set of lab finished clevers valued at 4K to a few people.
This thread got me thinking! DAMN IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG, COULD THIS BE ME.......
Im pretty sure prop loaning is done for me after reading this.

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 10:01 PM
All summer I loaned out a set of lab finished clevers valued at 4K to a few people.
This thread got me thinking! DAMN IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG, COULD THIS BE ME.......
87 hot boater would not screw you but 3 fookers would odds are good remember karma too

Kachina26
09-19-2007, 10:06 PM
87 hot boater would not screw you but 3 fookers would odds are good remember karma too
Read it 3 times, and it still don't make sense. Maybe come back when you sober up and edit it. I'm sure it's a jab, but that's about all I could make of it.

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I would be a bit hesitant with a set of 4k props to...

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Read it 3 times, and it still don't make sense. Maybe come back when you sober up and edit it. I'm sure it's a jab, but that's about all I could make of it.
Poll at the top of the page 87 say pay 4 now say no pay!!!! no drinking tonite work tomorrow:D :D

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Everybody isnt the mayor of Moabi that can just go around and use anybodys prop in the middle of the week when there not home:eek: :D :eek:
Hey by the way I dinged your blue prop...oops :D

WishIknew
09-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey by the way I dinged your blue prop...oops :D
Wonderful that means ill have a new one when i get back:D

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:15 PM
88 now....

PaPaG
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Wonderful that means ill have a new one when i get back:D
sorry, I didn't borrow your prop I borrowed your boat...so when all is said and done I did not borrow your prop so sorry Mr. Trump...

TOBTEK
09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
simple..... you borrow it, it should come back in the same condition..period! Pretty weak that they wont take care of it, sure looks like they have the money to make it right.
man, I could rephrase that a make a good hint out of it:D

Racey
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Member's not to loan your props to so far..... :D :D :D
Baja Big Dog, Jetdriver, Schiada76, TOBTEK
I guess Jetdriver is kinda outa this equation, so that makes 3 :D, jetboaters :rolleyes: :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=669

TOBTEK
09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
I guess Jetdriver is kinda outa this equation, so that makes 3 :D, jetboaters :rolleyes: :D
hehehehehe.....gotta keep it interesting:)

OKIE-JET
09-20-2007, 12:10 AM
simple..... you borrow it, it should come back in the same condition..period! Pretty weak that they wont take care of it, sure looks like they have the money to make it right.
hehehehehe.....gotta keep it interesting:)
Busted!....:idea: :D

Classic Daycruiser
09-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Sounds like your friend possible got screw indirectly from you who bought the used props that were improperly repaired. More than likely it would have happened to you, if you had used them. Hine sight is 20/20. I believe Ears can be replaced, so if you tossed the damaged prop away, He should owe you what it would cost to repair it ($150-300)?
I don't loan my stuff out. Thing's break, people get stupid and wreck thing. I loan a cheap ice chest to a friend. It is returned with a broken handle, but the ice chest still works. Who pays?
I kept the ice chest, and each time I see my friend, we use the broken ice chest. One day he will get the hint and show up with a new ice chest:idea: :idea: :D :D :D maybe not:( :(

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 07:31 AM
To UnionJack
This is an ethical question that arises frequently and judging by the replys it is quite lopsided against the borrower. In this fact pattern it appears to be justified.
First let's take the friendship out of the equation.
A. The person is obviously not a friend when they do not reply or take corrective action to solve the problem immediately to prevent any fractures in the relationship.
B. The friendship no longer exists because resentment will carry over--- no matter who pays for the prop---because even if he is shamed into buying you a replacement--this is not the type of person you want to associate with and claim as a friend.
Note: We only have YOUR side of the story and facts. It only takes a few words or a change in the fact pattern to paint the lender [UJ] into a corner and a bad light.
The rationale is simple when the borrower agreed to accept the props for testing he agreed to accept responsibility and as such bought both props not one. If the props performed then borrower would have bought the props unless you were giving them away which by all indication you were not.
Your position to require the borrower to buy both is further strengthend by the following.
Lab finished props done in sets are very difficult to match with another used one. The key to having a matched set is to have both props pushing the same in a twin engine application versus having mismatched props. It is highly unlikely that the lender will be able to duplicate the original set with another used prop in my opinion unless someone can lab finish the replacement like the original set.
If this proposal is not acceptable to the borrower or rejected--- the lender should proceed to the local superior/small claims court [depending on the jurisdiction] and bring suit for the full amount plus costs. Time involved maybe 8 hours = $200 per hour if $1,600 is recovered, desired effect of obtaining a judgment priceless :D .
In conclusion, I enjoyed this hypothetical/real life experience it poses a lesson for all and an ethical preface for those that like to borrow things. Owners should tell borrowers, when they borrow it you break it you replace it, bought it,-- period no negotiations!---or---if you borrow, tell owner hey! if this thing comes apart do not look for me to pay for it then let the owner make the decision.
Good luck in your pursuit,:) :)
KAP
I agree that there are three sides to every story; mine, his and the truth.... I just wanted to see what everyone thought. I've hung out wth the guy and his family at havasu, dinner all that stuff. He's not a guy I call, I usually only see him at the lake.

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 07:33 AM
I guess you just have to watch who you lend thing too

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Yep, no jet here, like I said in my post, Im the fricken KING of Ding!!! I have an account at the prop shop, but its not that painfull these days, the big 110 hp props dont cost that much!!!:D

phebus
09-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey Union Jack, I bet your phone is ringing off the hook now, huh. :D

BajaMike
09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Poll at the top of the page 87 say pay 4 now say no pay!!!! no drinking tonite work tomorrow:D :D
Well, I read this one three times, and I don't understand this post either........:confused:

Kachina26
09-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, I read this one three times, and I don't understand this post either........:confused:
Let me see if I can translate. 87 hot boater would not screw you but 3 fookers would odds are good remember karma too
Comes out to read, According to the current survey results, 87 of 90 Hot Boaters that responded to the poll, would have manned up and handled the situation. However, 3 fookers would tell you to pound sand had they been using your prop when it tossed an ear. Overall, odds are good that the fine members of our HB community would do the right thing. As for those who wouldn't, just remember, karma is a biatch.
At least I think that's what was going through his head as he was typing :D

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey Union Jack, I bet your phone is ringing off the hook now, huh. :D
I habe received a few calls asking who the person is but I'm still keeping it on the LoLo

mxbundy
09-20-2007, 08:32 AM
If it was me I would pay to replace it before even returning it. You borrow something you assume the risk. That being said...If I lent a prop to someone and this happened and that person replaced it and I believed it was due to a defect not their neglect or abuse I would probably offer to return all or part of their money since it wasn't their fault it happened.
Bingo! This is the way a situation like this should be handled!

Big Warlock
09-20-2007, 08:39 AM
He owes you a prop. And if he was smart, he would call 40FlatDeck and get those props shipped ASAP!! :D
I loan my stuff, but to a select few. Last weekend someone borrowed my boat and who knows what else. Some jackass with Train Horns from what I could tell (I could hear him leaving the back of my property.) His driving apparently was less than desired and he took out a fender and some tires and rims on the trailer. (47 foot trailer) When the boat arrived back at the shop, it had three new tires, rims and the fender was straightened out. :D More train horns and the Azzclown was gone.............:eek:
But honestly, that is the definition of TRUE friends!!!!:idea:
And the comment about the "girlfriends?" Jeeeesh, he would be my focking hero if he would only take mine off my hands!!!!!:eek: :D

Steamin' Rice
09-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Like a few have mentioned, you probably would have thrown the ear off the prop yourself if you hadn't lent it to you buddy. One the other hand, that's the risk of borrowing something from somebody.
A few years ago, I borrowed an electric scooter from a buddy for a week or so. I used it a couple of times, and then it sat in my garage until my buddy was ready to take it back. Before bringing it back to him, I realized that the batteries were dead and not taking a charge. The scooter was a couple of years old and probably due for new batteries anyways, but I went ahead and put new batteries in before returning it to my friend.
In this case, if I had borrowed a set of props and damaged them, I would feel responsible to pay for the damage.

EmpirE231
09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
definitely should get you a prop!!!
soooo who is it??? :idea:
process of elimination....
wife has a fly ride
his has big shoes
not in the mortage biz
testing props to get the boat dialed in (means new boat or new motors)
was it???:jawdrop: this BLOWS my mind!! that's alot of DOUGH to to loose :D ..

ChumpChange
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Somebody before you already did....although I don't think they know it. :idea:
I habe received a few calls asking who the person is but I'm still keeping it on the LoLo
Good thing. This person already gets bashed enough. :D

40FlatDeck
09-20-2007, 09:55 AM
He owes you a prop. And if he was smart, he would call 40FlatDeck and get those props shipped ASAP!! :D
I loan my stuff, but to a select few. Last weekend someone borrowed my boat and who knows what else. Some jackass with Train Horns from what I could tell (I could hear him leaving the back of my property.) His driving apparently was less than desired and he took out a fender and some tires and rims on the trailer. (47 foot trailer) When the boat arrived back at the shop, it had three new tires, rims and the fender was straightened out. :D More train horns and the Azzclown was gone.............:eek:
But honestly, that is the definition of TRUE friends!!!!:idea:
And the comment about the "girlfriends?" Jeeeesh, he would be my focking hero if he would only take mine off my hands!!!!!:eek: :D
:D Sale is good thru 9-21.....;)

40FlatDeck
09-20-2007, 09:57 AM
wife has a fly ride
his has big shoes
not in the mortage biz
That is funny stuff.:D DCB.....probably nice paint..........:idea:

Big Warlock
09-20-2007, 09:57 AM
:D Sale is good thru 9-21.....;)
That's a good buy brother!! :D

BoatFloating
09-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Yep Mbrown is right. I used a set of his props and he got them back the same way they left...... Well maybe a bit cleaner and a few $$$ later...:D

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Let me see if I can translate.
Comes out to read,
At least I think that's what was going through his head as he was typing :D
Very good that was Exactly what was on my mind Sorry i didn't make it clearer but I didn't want to be rambling either:D :D :D

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 11:52 AM
lots of people have voted.... awesome

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Poll=110 yes to 5 no Baja did you vote 2 times??????

PaPaG
09-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Very good that was Exactly what was on my mind Sorry i didn't make it clearer but I didn't want to be rambling either:D :D :D
I can't understand half the things you say :eek: :eek:

OCMerrill
09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
So UJ what this peep is telling you is your not worth the $800 to keep as a friend.
It's not like your asking for the price of a new Labed prop for as much as double that cost.
It sucks to even have to discuss this. This person has a Karma bubble that is ready to go BOOM.

charlyox
09-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Pay up dude. You broke it, you buy it. Kharma will come around.

OutCole'd
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I can't understand half the things you say :eek: :eek:
That's cause you're drunk half the time.

HM
09-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Poll=110 yes to 5 no Baja did you vote 2 times??????
Baja Big Dog, Jetdriver, mxbundy, Schiada76, TOBTEK

OutCole'd
09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Baja Big Dog, Jetdriver, mxbundy, Schiada76, TOBTEK
I wouldn't let one of those guys borrow SHIT...:D :D

R.A.D.man
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
He accepted them in good condition, handled them, transported them, installed them. It's his responsibility. You are being more than fair to just ask for $800.00 knowing you couldn't replace it for that.

No Name
09-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I think he should have offered to pay but if the prop was defective I myself would have said don’t worry about it.
But if he didn’t even offer to pay for it, YES he is an A$$HOLE! :hammer2:

HM
09-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Here is the list to lend stuff to. :D
27 Awesome cat, 73kona455, 77 Sanger, AZJD, AzLakeLizard, Baja Pete, BajaMike, beaverretriever, Big Warlock, BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER, blueman, boat030, boater72, Brewzed, brianthomas, CA Stu, came along during the sunk boat thread, caroftheweek, cdog, charlyox, Classic Daycruiser, clearfork, Daytona100, DCBob, DeltaSigBoater, DEMOMAN, djunkie, DSW, Dude! Sweet!, DUSTINU, EmpirE231, Faceaz, FASTJTBT, Forensic, FOURQ, Froggystyle, Garrddogg, GETSOME, H20Advantage, H2oracer, Hal, Havasu Luvr, Havasu1986, HavasuHome, Havasu_Dreamin, HDF WATERDOG, hkunz, HolyMoly, I DIG IT !, imnigel, jbtrailerjim, Jordy, Kachina26, Kilrtoy, Knuckle head, lebel409, Lookin for Liquid, Mad Props, Make it a Double, Mandelon, Mardonzi, mbrown2, Member: 7673, MKEELINE, mostly crue, Mtg Pro, Nord, NOTALENT, OCMerrill, OKIE-JET, Old Man Havasu, OnlyMoney, OutCole'd, PaPaG, pebo, Phat Matt, phebus, PinkPearlCaptain, Psycho Squid, R.A.D.man, Racey, RitcheyRch, River Lynchmob, riverbound, RiverDave, RiverOtter, riverracerXXX, shaffewm, shippingguy, shockwavebd, ShockwaveBob, Singleton, Slider, SoCalHD, Steamin' Rice, STV_Keith, svlperry, syke-o, The Bilge Idiot, the_gray_goose, Tom Brown, Tom Olson, ULTRA26 # 1, ultra26shadow, ULTRA28, UnionJack, VictoryIzMine, voodoomedman, weaver, Wild Horses, WishIknew, xtension, XtrmWakeborder, yopengo

Havasu1986
09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
wife has a fly ride
his has big shoes
not in the mortage biz
Read between the lines...:idea: :D

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
he can go spend 600 with 40flat and give me one of them :D sell the other

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 01:29 PM
he can go spend 600 with 40flat and give me one of them :D sell the other
The question is will they?????????

unleashed
09-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Just kick his a** and call it a day!
Deano
Unleashedwebsite (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)
NewUnleashedDVDoutnow (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15348211)

djunkie
09-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Just kick his a** and call it a day!
Deano
Unleashedwebsite (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)
NewUnleashedDVDoutnow (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15348211)
:D :D :D

TOBTEK
09-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep Mbrown is right. I used a set of his props and he got them back the same way they left...... Well maybe a bit cleaner and a few $$$ later...:D
If I remember correctly, you did borrow a set of my clevers once. Came back perfect, the way it should be. Still have a set of 5 blade Maximus's I need to off... expensive paper weights if your boatless:(

TOBTEK
09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
you can borrow anything I have, just say the word. :D

djunkie
09-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Be careful what you say, that mo fo may try and borrow your wife. :jawdrop: :D :D

TOBTEK
09-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Why did you vote against?
just trying to stir up shitz... I would NEVER worry about a little bit of DOUGH in this circumstance. Its not worth a BLOWN friendship. Plus its great to hang with U-jack.....his wife is a hottie:D :D

TOBTEK
09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Be careful what you say, that mo fo may try and borrow your wife. :jawdrop: :D :D
he can TAKE OVER PAYMENTS @ anytime...thats high maintenance right there:D

OutCole'd
09-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Damn, beat me to it....:D

mbrown2
09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
It amazing how low the water can get around the marina...:)
In all seriousness, Rock got them back in better shape then was given them....now that's a friend!
I am suprised when folks say "but it might have thrown and ear on the owner"...so what....it did not...you borrowed it and it happend to you, so fix it. If it happened to the owner they would have to fix, if you break it, you buy it.

Insurance God
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
This sucks. I had a similar situation happen to me & we split the cost.

UnionJack
09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
interesting

Rvr Swpr
09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Stirs with a blender in just about every thread he posts in. Your ok miguel.

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2007, 02:51 PM
since it broke while he/she was using it then he/she needs to make it right

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Neighbor in Mexico borrowed his neighbor's quad for an hour ride. It blew the trans, a gear shaft broke. It was as defect in the shaft, the owner paid for the damage, what diff did it make if the neighbor was on it or the owner? Defect is a defect...that was the owners opinion.

mbrown2
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Neighbor in Mexico borrowed his neighbor's quad for an hour ride. It blew the trans, a gear shaft broke. It was as defect in the shaft, the owner paid for the damage, what diff did it make if the neighbor was on it or the owner? Defect is a defect...that was the owners opinion.
On a hi po prop that throws an ear you will be hard pressed to prove defect...you can save a lot of money and time and more important friendship by just replacing a $800 prop.....
You Mexico neighbor is very nice...Even if it was a prop defect, the borrower should have replaced the prop and then went with the broken prop (as they own it now) and fought the defect battle if they think they have a leg to stand on....not put that on the lender...again, once they broke it, they own.

Tom Brown
09-20-2007, 03:15 PM
The 'replace/borrow:not your problem' ratio is currently 125:5.
My experience has been that people are not this responsible. That is to say, if you ask your buddies about the responsibilities around tool loaning and returning, they will all throw down with a hard-assed attitude about it saying they know what's right. If you then loan 10 tools to 10 different buddies, you will not see 9 of those tools again.
What's more, the guys who don't bother returning shit and don't want to be responsible for anything, think they return stuff and are responsible.
.... so I would suggest this the results of this poll gauge what people's egos think is right, not what people would generally do.

Phat Matt
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
just trying to stir up shitz... I would NEVER worry about a little bit of DOUGH in this circumstance. Its not worth a BLOWN friendship. Plus its great to hang with U-jack.....his wife is a hottie:D :D
:idea: :idea: :idea:

BoatFloating
09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
If I remember correctly, you did borrow a set of my clevers once. Came back perfect, the way it should be. Still have a set of 5 blade Maximus's I need to off... expensive paper weights if your boatless:(
Yes I did and thanks again.
It's nice to have props to test when needed.
If this thread is about to get Blown out proportion I need to tell you about a certain boat on Labor Day weekend
So I'm running about 60 mph going by mini SB heading back to Havasu and on my left and I mean WAY LEFT against reeds doing about 95-100mph on the wrong side going into that blind corner. They were also followed by the multi colored 36' Spectre..... Living life on the edge.....:mad:

PaPaG
09-20-2007, 03:48 PM
That's cause you're drunk half the time.
So your saying you have seen me party down and drink 2 beers in just one day??? :D

Phat Matt
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
So I'm running about 60 mph going by mini SB heading back to Havasu and on my left and I mean WAY LEFT against reeds doing about 95-100mph on the wrong side going into that blind corner.
This sentence doesn't make sense. :)

BoatFloating
09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
What doesn't me running 60 mph... Too Fast??????

BLOWN HOWARD
09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
If they looked new when i picked them up, i would have kept them both and bought you a new pair.

HM
09-20-2007, 04:28 PM
They've done studies you know. 60% of the time it works everytime.

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
If they looked new when i picked them up, i would have kept them both and bought you a new pair.
???????????????????you saw these props???????????????

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=BLOWN HOWARD;2799979]If they looked new when i picked them up, i would have kept them both and bought you a new pair.[/QUOTE...

77charger
09-20-2007, 04:51 PM
I am easy when it comes to loaning.i have even loaned my boat out to brother
and friends.to be honest as long as it wasnt abused i am fine with it if a motor blew under normal circimstances i would rebuild it as bad things can happen at the wrong time.
but if i hear that it was driven wide open,etc you bet i would be asking for it to be fixed.Or if i loaned a prop and someone hit a rock bar or something then its their prob.
as for props did you have them maged when you bought them?could have been screwed up to begin with you will never know unless you checked and someone who sold them might be the only one who knew and it does happen.
I hate to borrow stuff myself i took my cousins crf450 to glamis and the whip mount i made made a small scratch in the side panel from a hard fall. i ended up buying a new one for him when i dropped of the bike i gave him the new panel right there,to this day the new one is still not on:D said new one wasnt needed but i felt better buying a new one vs not.

BLOWN HOWARD
09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
No i didnt see the props but thats what i would do if i borrowed them.

WishIknew
09-20-2007, 05:40 PM
No i didnt see the props but thats what i would do if i borrowed them.
AS we all would of except for 5 people!!!!!!

Phat Matt
09-20-2007, 05:46 PM
What doesn't me running 60 mph... Too Fast??????
Yeah that's it. lol. :D

Phat Matt
09-20-2007, 05:47 PM
They've done studies you know. 60% of the time it works everytime.
I am sure I am always right 43% of the time. :)

Insurance God
09-21-2007, 01:03 PM
So what's the deal UJ? Do you think the prop was defective or do you think the breakage had an "outside" influence?

Magic34
09-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I'd lend you mine UJ if you needed. Will a dualprop work? :D
By the way... 40flatdeck has an invoice coming up on the Skater. Offer him $250 and run with the props. He needs it. :D :D

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
SO Is this guy going to man up or just let people talk sh*t behind he's back now that EVERYONE knows who he is????????????

ratso
09-21-2007, 04:23 PM
The only way I know to solve this is to buy a jet boat...;)

Tom Brown
09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Surprisingly, nearly the same ratio of those that don't drink and boat to those that do. ;)
:D :D
... and probably similar to the ratio we'd get if we posted a poll asking people if they are honest. :D

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
They were here TODAY did they read this or not????? we will never know??????? i guess i wish i knew????

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 04:30 PM
$25k at the bank Its Mine please return it!!!!!

PaPaG
09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
$25k at the bank Its Mine please return it!!!!!
You got enough Dough Mr Trump...let us poor slobs have some :eek:

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 08:43 PM
You got enough Dough Mr Trump...let us poor slobs have some :eek:
At least im not BLOWN DOUGH!!!!!!

Washed Ashore
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I loaned a so called friend $800,I found out what kind of a guy he really was,It was the BEST $800 I ever spent.The funny thing is,He's in the same place he was five years ago,NO-WHERE.Karma can be a bitch!!!!!!!!!!If you cross her.
Jeff

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 10:17 PM
At least im not BLOWN DOUGH!!!!!!
DID I SAY THAT????????

PaPaG
09-21-2007, 10:24 PM
DID I SAY THAT????????
Yes you did.....:eek:

WishIknew
09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
:D Yes you did.....:eek:
:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

ChumpChange
09-27-2007, 09:24 AM
SO Is this guy going to man up or just let people talk sh*t behind he's back now that EVERYONE knows who he is????????????
Somebody told? Guess I'll have to go back and read the thread now.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-27-2007, 09:54 AM
The 'replace/borrow:not your problem' ratio is currently 125:5.
My experience has been that people are not this responsible. That is to say, if you ask your buddies about the responsibilities around tool loaning and returning, they will all throw down with a hard-assed attitude about it saying they know what's right. If you then loan 10 tools to 10 different buddies, you will not see 9 of those tools again.
What's more, the guys who don't bother returning shit and don't want to be responsible for anything, think they return stuff and are responsible.
.... so I would suggest this the results of this poll gauge what people's egos think is right, not what people would generally do.
Tom.
While I understand your concept, I know some of the yes voters here and they, like I, would definitely handle as they voted.

WishIknew
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Somebody told? Guess I'll have to go back and read the thread now.
IT Wasnt Me who told I just wish i knew before they got busted!!!!!!:) But I see no remorse from them either been busted for a few days now!!!!! <1986>????

WaterJunky
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Hello all;
I have been watching this thread for the last week(?) now and have been thinking about it. I do not know how many of you would agree with me on this but here goes.
It is not very important to me how everybody else in the world (read Hot boat) views me. I am the one who really has to live with me. Friends and girlfrends can leave, I cannot leave myself. On that strange thought I have to be OK with my own action. I could not do this to someone and be OK with myself. I guess that this is just an artifact from how I was raised.
I would guess that this person was not raised any better than that. If that is true then I pitty them. If that is not true then man up and at least address the problem.
Kind of sucks to see the world falling into the "Its all about me" attitude.

ChumpChange
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello all;
I have been watching this thread for the last week(?) now and have been thinking about it. I do not know how many of you would agree with me on this but here goes.
It is not very important to me how everybody else in the world (read Hot boat) views me. I am the one who really has to live with me. Friends and girlfrends can leave, I cannot leave myself. On that strange thought I have to be OK with my own action. I could not do this to someone and be OK with myself. I guess that this is just an artifact from how I was raised.
I would guess that this person was not raised any better than that. If that is true then I pitty them. If that is not true then man up and at least address the problem.
Kind of sucks to see the world falling into the "Its all about me" attitude.
Good post. I quoted it for the next page because sometimes last posts on a page aren't read enough. This will put it at the top!

WishIknew
09-27-2007, 02:57 PM
What kind of people would go to Maui and brag about it and come on hot boat look most every day and not know about this thread???much less not get some props for UNIONJACK???? Cant sleep at nite wonder why????? KARMA will come !!!!!!!!!??????

WishIknew
09-29-2007, 08:24 PM
?????????????????????

Sherpa
09-30-2007, 05:33 AM
tough call since it could have happened on your boat as well, but it did happen on his....... him not returning calls is childish.....
I really, loathe loaning out stuff. some people have the skills to **** up
an anvil, so that is my benchmark on loaning stuff.....
--Sherpa

WishIknew
10-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Allways loan my stuff No one ever screwed me over like this!!!!!

ratso
10-09-2007, 05:53 AM
I borrowed a prop from a friend of mine to compare against the prop I have been running. I am very careful with other people's things. I ran it for the day, and when we loaded up I noticed all 3 blades were dinged and I figured I must have run through some debris. The prop could be rebuilt and he would probably never know it...:idea:
I ordered him a brand new one yesterday morning... $1000...

BadKachina
10-09-2007, 06:02 AM
That used set from 40flatdeck looks like a great way for the borrower to save face at this time, then he can Ebay the other one from your set and make half of that money back. 300 hundred out of pocket and everyone would be happy...........
The princess life is rough.................:rolleyes:

thatguy
10-09-2007, 06:25 AM
I do not buy into the whole "not worth losing a friendship" deal. I have f*cked up friends stuff while borrowing and ALWAYS fixed it or replaced it REGARDLESS. Thats what real friends do. They do the same for Me. ALWAYS, no questions or discussions. In fact, they would be insulted if I refused to accept their money.
Anybody who does different is not a friend to start with. I do not "buy" friends.
Just like the guy at work who doesn't carry his weight, but is such a "nice guy" no one minds. Screw that, worst kind of A-hole in my book.
If you don't want the responsibility, don't borrow the damned thing to start with.
Tommy
PS- That is not a "friend", that's a cheapskate, non- buying POS.
Sorry for the rant, but the whole Friend and Family deal just pisses me off. I don't care who you are, screw me over and your out of my life. :mad:

Magic34
10-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Was there ever an outcome with this?

Phat Matt
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
The princess life is rough.................:rolleyes:
:D
http://www.thepartyfairy.co.uk/site/img/princessparty_01.jpg

phebus
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
No, were waiting for ULTRA26#1 and riodog to solve the mystery of the stolen boat, and we'll get them to work on this. :D

40FlatDeck
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Yes, don't loan your props out if they are going on a 32 DCB.:D

squirt'nmyload
10-09-2007, 12:10 PM
No, were waiting for ULTRA26#1 and riodog to solve the mystery of the stolen boat, and we'll get them to work on this. :D
Dude, I almost choked myself laughing. :D
me too....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpChange
10-09-2007, 12:59 PM
HILARIOUS!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

WishIknew
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
What happened to todays page??????????

Quid Pro Quo
10-10-2007, 07:39 PM
That's weak IMO............ Was he turning the same power as you Taylor? Torque???????? Reverse Torque????????? Not that it matters. If you borrow something and it breaks you man up and replace it. Again all just my .02!

Quid Pro Quo
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
This is a character issue up and down, no matter how you slice it. I personally have borrowed plenty of things from friends and busted them all apart. Tools, motorcycles, rhinos, boats, trucks, whatever. I always fix the problem and return it in at least the same condition it was when i borrowed it. And let him know if there is anything further that is a problem to let me know and ill take care of that also. Its always fun to show your buddy the broken parts when you return his property. It makes for a good laugh and something to drink beer and b.s. about.
Remind me to never let you borrow anything Greg!:D

Quid Pro Quo
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
WOW... I have friend's with a Chap, howard, everyone knows someone with a magic deck...
Would that be me? That is what we call "profiling". :D

UnionJack
10-10-2007, 08:30 PM
wow, you must be board at work :D

PaPaG
10-11-2007, 10:50 AM
What happened to todays page??????????
I think they have now turned their search for a missing BLUE prop sighted somewhere in Moabi :D

R.A.D.man
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I borrowed a prop from a friend of mine to compare against the prop I have been running. I am very careful with other people's things. I ran it for the day, and when we loaded up I noticed all 3 blades were dinged and I figured I must have run through some debris. The prop could be rebuilt and he would probably never know it...:idea:
I ordered him a brand new one yesterday morning... $1000...
Can I interest you in borrowing from me a whole boat or two.

WishIknew
10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Looking for 24 bravo prop!!! Talked so much sh*t on this thread yesterday I spun a hub at the chanel in havasu and made it back to Moabi??????

PaPaG
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Looking for 24 bravo prop?????
I know of one but it needs a hub and some minor blade repair :D

That Guy
10-26-2007, 12:46 PM
So what happened? Did BD ever man up and make things right?

djunkie
10-26-2007, 12:52 PM
LOL!!!!! Good one. :D :D

ChumpChange
10-26-2007, 12:52 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: She never even voted!!!:D :D :D

That Guy
10-26-2007, 12:56 PM
LOL!!!!! Good one. :D :D
....and then the balls to come on here and ask for hotel recommendations during the most expensive time of the year.....by the way BD, real ballers already know where to stay in NYC...;)

djunkie
10-26-2007, 12:58 PM
....and then the balls to come on here and ask for hotel recommendations during the most expensive time of the year.....by the way BD, real ballers already know where to stay in NYC...;)
She not a baller, shes a princess. Get it right man. :D :D

That Guy
10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: She never even voted!!!:D :D :D
Maybe she is too busy counting her money....:idea: :idea: :)

Member: 7673
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
DAMN!!!! Out of the ballpark with that one...

Devilman
10-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Maybe she is too busy counting her money....:idea: :idea: :)
Or lack thereof... :rollside: :D