PDA

View Full Version : AZ-Built In / Cabinet/Entaintment Ctr Contractor References?

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Looking for references for contractors in the East Valley that do built-ins for an entertainment system...
Dealing with a guy who did a some kitchen work and other cabinets and I think my patience is gone...he does ok work, but I think I am side work and he is focused on big jobs so I don't get the time or call backs...he finished the two projects but figure I could be waiting months for this 3rd project...
This is pretty basic stuff for a cabinet guy...facia and crown around media niches with glass doors and cabinets built into the niches..
Any references would be appreciated

Jordy
09-19-2007, 03:29 PM
These guys are family and do really incredible stuff. Hope you don't have a budget in mind. :D :D :D
http://www.burdettecabinets.com/home.html

Jordy
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow, that's some sick cabinet work.
They did one house out here and it was like $200K or so in cabinet work. The guy was an attorney and the library shelves in his home office were unreal. They turned half round on a router and made it look like rope and then inlaid it into the granite countertop edges. Amazing stuff. ;)

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 04:07 PM
These guys are family and do really incredible stuff. Hope you don't have a budget in mind. :D :D :D
http://www.burdettecabinets.com/home.html
Dude...you obviously mistake me for one of your PV neighbors....I live in the EVal remember :).....They look like they do sick work and way more detailed then what I am looking for.....I don't think I want to waste their time...:)...
I appreciate the info though...might come in handy win I win the lotto and move next door to you...:)

cave
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Burdettes kicks a$$ no doubt. So does Euro Design of Scottsdale. The euro style stuff is ok too and more affordable from Classy Closets & California Closets. I work for the competitor of all these companies. We mainly do Commercial work but still have a residential side We try to stay away from Glass doors since all the hardware is now from China and just doesn't hold up like the German hinges of yesterday. How big do you estimate the glass doors would be?
Oops. Read too much into it
Awe you need a trimmer for crown & scribe.

mbrown2
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Burdettes kicks a$$ no doubt. So does Euro Design of Scottsdale. The euro style stuff is ok too and more affordable from Classy Closets & California Closets. I work for the competitor of all these companies. We mainly do Commercial work but still have a residential side We try to stay away from Glass doors since all the hardware is now from China and just doesn't hold up like the German hinges of yesterday. How big do you estimate the glass doors would be?
Oops. Read too much into it
Awe you need a trimmer for crown & scribe.
Imagine two big squares next to each other...5' x 5'...In the left square a fireplace exists in the bottom so the cabinet section above that where doors would be needed would be 17" x 59"....(this is where the a/v components go)
In the right square you have a bottom cabinet section which would also serve as a tv base that would be be 15" x 59" (possible storage cab)..then the TV above that and a shelf above the TV for center channel speaker flanked by DVR and another device...I don't need the super trick door w/ mesh or cabinet door with hidden IR...just the components and storage in back of Glass or Mesh so a remote control can hit them and the DVR and center speaker on a shelf... Based on my dimension, it will all be pretty flush anyway so I will work for what I need...