PDA

View Full Version : Hey Holy Moly

Riverkid
09-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Found a new project for you today! :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39574&stc=1&d=1190247174

DeltaSigBoater
09-19-2007, 04:20 PM
24 Biesemeyer (same as 24 Campbell), BBC w/ Arneson Surface Drive.
Any other pictures?

HM
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
you are such a tease. I just got my spectra back from the upholstery shop. :D
The big question is where can I store my 45/410?

Riverkid
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39575&stc=1&d=1190248039
:D :D :D

HM
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39575&stc=1&d=1190248039
:D :D :D
How much? :D

Riverkid
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Call the guy... :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39578&stc=1&d=1190249347
It's in Big Bear.

BrianB
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
you are such a tease. I just got my spectra back from the upholstery shop. :D
The big question is where can I store my 45/410?
The way I here is that they only made five of these to be used exclusivly for offshore racing.There have been rumors of one converted to a pleasure craft by a drug runner back in the day.Of course it will take a mountain of a motor to push this badboy into the 70's',but I've heard it could be done.
Contact Smokey Unick in the Old Timers section of the forum,I bet he's got some old KB Hemi parts layin around.
This is right up your Alley.

Riverkid
09-19-2007, 06:34 PM
The way I here is that they only made five of these to be used exclusivly for offshore racing.There have been rumors of one converted to a pleasure craft by a drug runner back in the day.Of course it will take a mountain of a motor to push this badboy into the 70's',but I've heard it could be done.
Contact Smokey Unick in the Old Timers section of the forum,I bet he's got some old KB Hemi parts layin around.
This is right up your Alley.
Throw the whipple on it... :)

BrianB
09-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Please sign this disclaimer first.
There wil be no diving.
No swimming within 15ft of the vessal.
Do not "reach out "for the ski line.
Now,everyone to the front so I can get this bitch to roll out.

Riverkid
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Please ski outside the wake for your own safety... :D

pw_Tony
09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
That's a sweet boat! It's even uglier than the Spectra, but still a way cool boat ;)

HM
09-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Let's get a ski team together. I'll drive and BrianB can hurt himsel....I mean ski. RiverKid will be the ballast in the nose to get it to roll.

boatsnblondes
09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Schiada did one also....

Classic Daycruiser
09-19-2007, 09:00 PM
That outdrive is way cool.

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Let's get a ski team together. I'll drive and BrianB can hurt himsel....I mean ski. RiverKid will be the ballast in the nose to get it to roll.
Cool.
Brian will have about four years to get in shape while you make it go fast...:D

Devilman
09-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Surface drives are cool...... :D Watch that prop though, *ouch*.... :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/arneson3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/arneson1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/arneson2.jpg

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 07:36 AM
How's that thing run? What's the roost like?

socalmoney
09-20-2007, 07:49 AM
That prop looks like a military grade weapon. Ouch. Could we use that to cut a hole in Saddleback mountain so we can get to OC quicker?

HM
09-20-2007, 08:20 AM
I just spent 4 days at Mohave with my dad's sleekcraft. My kids had enough trouble dealing with the volvo duo prop! Geno's blood pressure went up a couple notches screaming at my 4 and 2 year olds to jump away from the outdrive. :eek: :D

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 08:30 AM
Who could build you one of these... :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39624&stc=1&d=1190305806
Problem Solved... ;)

HM
09-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Wow...that is um...pretty?
BTW - the Bman don't need to get into shape. All we need to do is hide his cell phones from him and he will have so much adrenaline from anxiety that he could run on the water to Catalina and back. :D

Devilman
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
How's that thing run? What's the roost like?
I couldn't tell you honestly, I would guess pretty damn good though! :D I had it saved on my computer. A friend of mine saw it on Ebay awhile back & sent the pics & ad to me just cause it was different/cool.....
This is the description from the Ebay listing:
Description
Item Specifics - Power & Fishing Boats
Type: Jet Use: Fresh Water
Make: Youngblood Engine Type: Big Block
Model: Youngblood Engine Make: Chevrolet 498
Year: 1979 Engine Model: Chevy 498
Length (Feet): 21.0 Primary Fuel Type: Gas
Beam (Feet): -- Fuel Capacity (Gallons): 11-20
Hull Material: Fiberglass Hull Identification Number: --
Trailer: Included
Vehicle Description
If you like really fast toys, then check out this Youngblood Pickle Fork/ Tunnel Hull speed boat. This is a 1979 boat that has been really cared for. It is very unique. The engine is a very potent 498inch Big Block Chevy engine. It also has a Arneson surface drive. The original owner spent A LOT of money perfecting this combination. The hull was redesigned by Mr. Arneson himself. The hull was then modified to his specifications. It will handle speeds of over 120 mph and still be very smooth and stable.
The current powerplant is a new engine that has 10.5 :1 compression. It has a radical hydraulic roller cam. The heads are oval port closed chambers (original 427). It sounds awesome! This engine produces about 700 hp without nitrous and with super unleaded gas! It has a billet MSD distributor, MSD ignition box, Holley electric fuel pump, and a hi torque mini starter. It has power steering, and a new external water pump. The carbs are 750 double pumpers that work perfect. I have personally been 85 + mph with this combination. (The speed was still climbing after the speedometer quit working after 85). I have driven super gas door cars, 7 second dragsters, and very fast street cars, but there is nothing like a really fast boat. The sensation of speed on the water is incredible and hard to describe.
This boat also has a "shorty" Powerglide transmission. It is built with all good parts including a billet aluminum shorty tail housing. Not only does it give you 2 gears for incredible acceleration, it also is a dream when it comes to idling around the boat dock and loading is a breeze.
The Gel Coat on this boat is original! It is not a repaint that will chip away with use. Wax it up now and then, and it will last for years to come. Look at the reflections in the pictures! It has never been crashed or sunk. The engine was mounted with front and rear engine plates just like a dragster.
The Surface Drive unit is very expensive and practically indestructible. The propeller is stainless steel and in great shape. These units are used a lot in offshore racing applications. Don’t be afraid to put a really powerful engine in this boat! It used to have a twin turbo setup and went 118 mph with that combination. Talk about a fast lake boat!
The trailer was custom made for this boat. It has surge brakes, buddy bearings, new tires and wheels, and is very easy to load.
Although this boat looks like brand new in the pictures, it is not perfect. It shows extremely well and gets major attention on the lake or on the trailer. When you pull up to the boat ramp with this thing, you will gather a crowd in no time. The boat looks awesome, and everyone freaks out on the Arneson drive.

BrianB
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Cool.
Brian will have about four years to get in shape while you make it go fast...:D
I'll start "Running" with your Mrs?
I'm ready to go,just give me time to find my trucker hat with the ponytail attachment from the 80s

BrianB
09-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow...that is um...pretty?
BTW - the Bman don't need to get into shape. All we need to do is hide his cell phones from him and he will have so much adrenaline from anxiety that he could run on the water to Catalina and back. :D
Dis bb baller is off da hook x2
There needs to be a certain amount of seperation between friends,family,and biz.
Truth be told,my fd-up personal life was tieing up my work phone

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 10:11 AM
,,. All we need to do is hide his cell phones from him and he will have so much adrenaline from anxiety that he could run on the water to Catalina and back. :D
That's some of the funnest sh*t I've seen in a while!!! :D :D :D

HM
09-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Dis bb baller is off da hook x2
There needs to be a certain amount of seperation between friends,family,and biz.
Truth be told,my fd-up personal life was tieing up my work phone
That separation being the difference between your left ear and your right ear? :D
Just get rid of your blood relatives and you will be just as f'd up as us "normal" people. Bob and I will treat you like a brother that we actually respected. :devil:

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 10:28 AM
... Bob and I will treat you like a brother that we actually respected. :devil:
I think I'm already doing that. Except my Bro will never cut my grass. WTF? :D

BrianB
09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I think I'm already doing that. Except my Bro will never cut my grass. WTF? :D
If you didn't get to be out front scowling and mad doggin your neighbors it would be a huge lifestyle change.I can't wait until the girls start to play into it.
What are you lookin at?
All three of you in the yard pointing at the opposition.
Bring it on !

Riverkid
09-20-2007, 04:15 PM
If you didn't get to be out front scowling and mad doggin your neighbors it would be a huge lifestyle change.I can't wait until the girls start to play into it.
What are you lookin at?
All three of you in the yard pointing at the opposition.
Bring it on !
I only do that to one neighbor.
They sent me flowers three weeks ago, so I guess it worked?
Sucks to be you? :D

Boatlesss
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/arneson3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/arneson1.jpg
That boat is for sale in Ontario.. $18K takes it I was told.

phebus
09-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Looks like a wasp. :idea:

Tequila-John
09-21-2007, 05:45 AM
looks pretty cool

CampbellCarl
09-24-2007, 05:35 PM
I guess Frank didn't call.....I did. Price reduced to $10,000.00. Was 14K. Needs some steering work, prop work but motor is fine. I think the motor was bought from e-bay......normally aspirated BBC, 700 HP! Ya right!
Frank, go buy it!
CC

HM
09-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I guess Frank didn't call.....I did. Price reduced to $10,000.00. Was 14K. Needs some steering work, prop work but motor is fine. I think the motor was bought from e-bay......normally aspirated BBC, 700 HP! Ya right!
Frank, go buy it!
CC
I didn't call....even I have a limit on exotic projects. :D

RivrKD
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
That's some of the funnest sh*t I've seen in a while!!! :D :D :D
We may have a problem Houston

Riverkid
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
might that be?

RivrKD
09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
might that be?
I just think it's cool that someone has the same name. I have it bolted to
my plates on my truck. I you see me in lower river or Havi I will buy you a beer.:D :D

Riverkid
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
from a boss 15+ years ago. Whever we went to the river (every weekend) he'd find me sleeping in my truck Monday at the shop, bright and early. Monday's were never very productive days... ;)

RivrKD
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
from a boss 15+ years ago. Whever we went to the river (every weekend) he'd find me sleeping in my truck Monday at the shop, bright and early. Monday's were never very productive days... ;)
Every time I show up at the river my wife tells me I act and play harder than
the KIDS. :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

lucky
09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Perfect boat for the midget - :) has its own roto rooter system for those "benchracing times " just think if you took that to site six and started it up upon entry talk about an ass chewing :eek: