PDA

View Full Version : B Of A

LhcBrad
09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I got 2 e mails regarding my account with Bank of America.( I dont have an account with this bank and i never will) They tell me something is wrong with my account We all know this is bogus.My Mozilla browser even red flagged this for me. We can send a guy to the moon but we cant catch these guys.I dont fall for these but im sure some do.It looked very real the website was very good looking.What kind of Revenge can you get with these bogus
e mails? Here it is.
Dear Bank of America customer,
In order to be prepared for the smart card upgrade on Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards and to avoid problems with our ATM services, we have recently introduced additional security measures and upgraded our software.
The security upgrade will be effective immediately and requires our customers to update their ATM card information. Please update your information by following the link given below.
http://0313.0136.047202/online/sslencrypt218bit/online_banking/
We are committed to delivering your quality service that is reliable and highly secure. This email is one of many components designed to ensure your information is safeguarded at all times.
Please do not reply to this message. For any inquiries, contact Customer Service.
Copyright 1999 - 2007 Bank of America. All rights reserved.

HM
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
It is a common scam.

socalmoney
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
It is a common scam.
Because so many idiots fall for it.

LhcBrad
09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Does anybody fall for it?

LhcBrad
09-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I clicked on the link and it sure looks like a B OF A website then type in any id and a fake password then it gets interesting i didnt go any further then that

HM
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I clicked on the link and it sure looks like a B OF A website then type in any id and a fake password then it gets interesting i didnt go any further then that
Careful about even clicking on those sites. Even if you don't give real information, they could fish info from you computer.

RiverToysJas
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Careful about even clicking on those sites. Even if you don't give real information, they could fish info from you computer.
Yep! That was enough for them to target your IP......
I don't even open those emails.

LhcBrad
09-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up

RitcheyRch
09-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm sure enough people fall for it for them to continue doing it.
I always get them for BofA and WAMU. I dont bank with either.

Rexone
09-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Normally if you roll the mouse over the link you can see it isn't a bofa website addy.
Real emails from banks never ask you to login from the email and normally address you by the name your account is under, not dear customer....
fockin scammers. :mad:

clownpuncher
09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I get several per day from Downey Savings (ain't got an account there either)

707dog
09-19-2007, 06:19 PM
its a big time scam! my parents almost fell for it but my mom called b of a instead and she forward the link to them and they started investigating right away...dont know the results but the guy said they got tons of calls about the same kinda email!