PDA

View Full Version : Court of Hot Boat opinion ruling needed

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a friend :rolleyes: that works for a bail bondsmen. I last spoke with him about 2 months ago, And when I called him he said he was out with his exwife and said he would call me later. Well about 2 weeks later him and his boss (who I also know) comes out and picks up my cousin for missing a court date. For the record my cousin is reciving SSI for a mental defect, And just forgot the date.
My first issue with this is they knew all they had to do was pick up the phone and say "He missed his court date can you bring him up here?" and his father or I would have had him there before they hung up the phone, And they know this. He has lived here all his life, all his family is here and he don't need a warrent screwing up his SSI. So running was out of the question.
2nd my "friend" and his boss stopped at a store on the way to get him and they say me there, And my friend hid in the van untill I left the store. (I saw his boss in the parking lot and was told as soon as I cleared the lot my friend jumped out of the van.) When they got to the house my friend ran around to cover the back door like he would run :rolleyes: .
3rd My friend finally called me back, :rolleyes: About a month after I called him. But the day after my cousin got out of jail :idea: . I was not here and he left a message but I have not returned his call yet (it has been a few weeks) and I am still knda pissed about the way it all went down.
As a side note I understand he is back with the exwife and for the record she don't like me for shit. I have not said a bad word about her and when they first split he woud ask me for advice and my response was "you have to do what makes you happy, It don't matter what someone else thinks of her. You are the one that has to live with it". But he did get drunk at my place alot :D :D .
So am I way off base here?? I really feel like he screwed his friends trying to make a buck. (they sent my cousin a bill for $500.00 :eek: :mad: :mad: The judge set a court date to discuss the fee but talked like they would be lucky to get $150.00

DMOORE
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I didn't see anything in your post that would show me this guy is your friend. You know the saying, with friends like that, who needs...........
Darrell.

suckin&pumpin
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
confront him with what you know he may have been feeling guilty, maybe he could not do things different for some reason you dont know.If he is truly a friend give him a chance to explain himself.

BadKachina
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Kind of a weasel move by your friend. That being said, when someone is out on bond or bail, and you miss a court date, they don't usually call to let you know they're coming for you. Police also don't call to let you know they're serving a warrant, if they did people would run or try to fight back. It's in their best interests and yours and their safety to come at you hard before you can do something stupid.

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Kind of a weasel move by your friend. That being said, when someone is out on bond or bail, and you miss a court date, they don't usually call to let you know they're coming for you. Police also don't call to let you know they're serving a warrant, if they did people would run or try to fight back. It's in their best interests and yours and their safety to come at you hard before you can do something stupid.
Funny you should say that, The day after they picked him up he got a letter from the court stating he had 48hrs to turn himself in.
Just for the record this was over a $37.00 bad check.

Boatcop
09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I may be on the wrong (right) side of the law here, but the bondsman would be out the amount of the bond for your cousin not showing up in court.
These guys deal with all kinds of stories every day. "I forgot." "I couldn't get a ride." "My wife was sick." "My dog died." You name it they've heard it.
If he missed court, the warrant was already issued, so that's nothing your friend could do anything about.
You said he works for a bondsman. That means he's an employee. And his employer told him, "So and so missed court. Go pick him up."
What's he supposed to do? Tell him. "No way, man. That's my friend's cousin. Go get him yourself."
The bail trade is like the Mob, there's friendship and then there's business. Don't take it personally.

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
I may be on the wrong (right) side of the law here, but the bondsman would be out the amount of the bond for your cousin not showing up in court.
These guys deal with all kinds of stories every day. "I forgot." "I couldn't get a ride." "My wife was sick." "My dog died." You name it they've heard it.
If he missed court, the warrant was already issued, so that's nothing your friend could do anything about.
You said he works for a bondsman. That means he's an employee. And his employer told him, "So and so missed court. Go pick him up."
What's he supposed to do? Tell him. "No way, man. That's my friend's cousin. Go get him yourself."
The bail trade is like the Mob, there's friendship and then there's business. Don't take it personally.
Boatcop, I understand your point, But they knew him. I am not talking about recognize one another. I mean the bondsmen has known him sence like the 3rd grade. They have partied together. They knew he was not a flight risk, or danger to anyone.
And we thought that my cousin and my friend were friends also, atleast it seemed that way 4 months ago.
That was just part of the issue anyway.

Nord
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
biz is biz

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
So it's OK for your cousin to screw your friend out of the bond but it's not OK for your friend to do his job when your cousin is on the receiving end of it?
Doesn't make sense.
Your "Friend" was put in a f ucked up position by your cousin. Stay out of the business side of it and just be his friend.

DMOORE
09-19-2007, 10:14 PM
A "friend" would have just called and made sure he appeared. It's amazing what people think is ok.
Darrell.

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
there's friendship and then there's business. Don't take it personally.
biz is biz
I disagree, Nearly everyday there is a thread on this board looking for a HOOKUP from a friend for a item or service. What makes this any diffrent? They just figured it was easy money.
Just seems like they should have had a little more respect for him then that.
So it's OK for your cousin to screw your friend out of the bond but it's not OK for your friend to do his job when your cousin is on the receiving end of it?
Doesn't make sense.
Your "Friend" was put in a f ucked up position by your cousin. Stay out of the business side of it and just be his friend.
He got his bond back as soon as my cousin was in police custody so I don't see where he got screwed out of anything. (In TN they have 180 days to produce the defendant)
As for being his friend, Was he being my friend when he was hid in the van?

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I guess I could be off base here, I just thought friendship and respect went farther than that. I may owe him a apology if so I will call him tomarrow.

Racey
09-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Sounds like he is not as much of a friend as you thought. A real friend would have called and handled it that way, period, end of story.

Nord
09-19-2007, 10:48 PM
I disagree, Nearly everyday there is a thread on this board looking for a HOOKUP from a friend for a item or service. What makes this any diffrent? They just figured it was easy money.
I am sure this kid knew when his court date was. If he didn't, someone (parents) probably did. If this story was about someone who broke the law in terms that were against you, and he didn't show up for court, wouldn't you feel better if he was picked up the next day???
The part I don't understand is the mental defect part..... Is the kid mentally disabled? If so, I am sure the courts would understand.

Garrddogg
09-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I guess I could be off base here, I just thought friendship and respect went farther than that. I may owe him a apology if so I will call him tomarrow.
Naw dude fok that guy! NONE of my "friends" would have done that..

C-2
09-19-2007, 11:03 PM
A REAL friend is somebody who understands they cannot always expect a "hookup" because they are a friend, especially if the hookup could get the friend fired.
My wife works in retail - it blows me away to see friends and family expecting some type of discount or backdoor deal. Sure, I'll lose my job so you can get your $2.00 hookup. Yeah, right.
---------------
Everybody was put into an unfortunate situation due to family and friendships.
If your friend pounced on your cousin because he was told to do so by his boss, and there was nobody else available to do it, then he did the right thing.
If your friend pounced on your cousin because he knew it would be easy, and was familiar with your cousin - that's not cool.
And sorry for the use of "hookup":eek: :sqeyes: :eek: :sqeyes: :D

hoolign
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Sounds like your bud has watched to many epsodes of Bounty hunter! My god man..WTF is wrong with people?? Arent you supposed to help friends, right or wrong?? And over a 37 dollar check??
If I were you I'd go buy that fu(ktard a DOG Halloween costume and a freakin wig so he can run around his apartment telling the appliances to "Freeze".
Have it delivered to his work so everyone can have a laugh at the clown! :idea:

QuickJet
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Just seems like they should have had a little more respect for him then that.
He got his bond back as soon as my cousin was in police custody so I don't see where he got screwed out of anything. (In TN they have 180 days to produce the defendant)
As for being his friend, Was he being my friend when he was hid in the van?
Maybe your "Friend" felt a little betrayed that your cousin didn't do what he promised to. Maybe your "friend " felt that YOU could of made sure that your cousin went to court when he should have so that he wouldn't be put in the awkward position of going after your cousin.
Friendship and respect is a two way street. Maybe he just felt that neither one of you gave a shitt about his job and duties enough to make sure that your cousin went to his court date.
If he is such a good friend of yours, why did he have to go after your cousin?
Tell yah what, if he was my friend, I would of had my cousins ass at the court house on time even if I had to drive him there myself. That's what friends do.

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Maybe your "Friend" felt a little betrayed that your cousin didn't do what he promised to. Maybe your "friend " felt that YOU could of made sure that your cousin went to court when he should have so that he wouldn't be put in the awkward position of going after your cousin.
Friendship and respect is a two way street. Maybe he just felt that neither one of you gave a shitt about his job and duties enough to make sure that your cousin went to his court date.
If he is such a good friend of yours, why did he have to go after your cousin?
Tell yah what, if he was my friend, I would of had my cousins ass at the court house on time even if I had to drive him there myself. That's what friends do.
Neither me or his father knew about the court date, At the time of his arrest he was living with his mom, and pretty much keeping up with his own busness (remember the mental defect). Now he lives with his father who keeps up with all his affairs. Between his father and me we take turns getting him to all his appointments.
I hope this helps explain things some.

Classic Daycruiser
09-20-2007, 12:37 AM
So your cousin promised to appear, and in return he was released from jail, but the judge did not trust him enough without a deposit.
Then your cousin does not appear as promised. Seems to me you should be talking to your cousin, and how he's doing your friends wrong.
Family is Family, but you are his family, and he let you down over a $37 bounced check.
I'm sure your friend did the right thing.
I hope your cousin see's it that way.
You know what they say...if you don't think you have any black sheep in your family, then your the black sheep:D :D :D :D

WestTNRiverRat
09-20-2007, 04:55 AM
If he is your friend he should have dropped a quarter on your ass and told you to get cuz to the courthouse.
Done on the down lo, nobody gets in trouble with the boss.
Don't sound like much of a friend to me.

Jbb
09-20-2007, 05:02 AM
I called Brown to get his take on this matter....He said If it were him......he would beat the ex friend till he was semi conscious....and then urinate on him.....Brown takes no prisoners....:D

Beer-30
09-20-2007, 06:05 AM
Friends are friends, business is business.
He doesn't get mad at you for doing YOUR job, does he?

ratso
09-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Who needs friends when you have ***boat...:idea:

HavaSkank
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
It's official. Im dressing up at "Dog" for Halloween this year

racecar.hotshoe
09-20-2007, 11:13 AM
It's official. Im dressing up at "Dog" for Halloween this year
Shes getting all dressed up and shait...........:D