PDA

View Full Version : Cop gone wild.

beaverretriever
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I hate to see this stuff, because there are so many good cops out there protecting our community and unfortunately this stuff gets out and gives a good profession a bad name.
I don't think the kid was out of line. The officer definitley needs a tune up.
What do you think of this video?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2715792117793977759&hl=en

OKIE-JET
09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
That damn clicking is annoying.

redneckcharlie
09-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure whats up with the cops complete lack of professionalism, but why did this guy have a video camera set up in his car like that? It sure seems like he set that scenario in motion.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I hate to see this stuff, because there are so many good cops out there protecting our community and unfortunately this stuff gets out and gives a good profession a bad name.
What an a**hole.

DSW
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
The officer definitley needs a tune up.
Seems alot of them do... I saw this on the news a week or so ago. He had installed the camera cause of previous police harassment.

beaverretriever
09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure whats up with the cops complete lack of professionalism, but why did this guy have a video camera set up in his car like that? It sure seems like he set that scenario in motion.
Apparently the driver of the car had been harrassed by the cops before (noted on another forum. It was on a local Fox news channel)... and ever since then has put a camera in his car. The fact that this has happened to him (the driver) more than once, makes me wonder who is at fault. He does have a little bit of an attitude towards the cop but I don't think out of line enough to deserve the vebal beating he recieved.
No matter what, there is no reason for a cop, public official, sworn to protect and serve, to go flying off the handle the way he did in the video. I do think the blame goes both ways... more on the cop for obvious reasons.

RiverDave
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
That video makes me madder then you could ever know.. I had way too many encounters just like that when I was a kid.
RD

beerjet
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Oink Oink !

Phat Matt
09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Not a good video for the cops. :jawdrop:

fish
09-19-2007, 08:52 PM
anyone else hear the answer when the cop asks if he has ever been in trouble before?
"assult on a cop and after the grand jury, the city of st. louis paid him not to sue." Kinda makes you wonder why he has the camera and is taping. Maybe he is just that paranoid... or maybe he has already spent st. louis's money and wants some more bad cop money from whatever city this is. Additionally, the cops says something about him waving his arms around (which is off camera) even though he is calm verbally which can be heard on camera.
Still no excuse for the cop threateneing to make charges up or how amped up he got (hope the cop got fired), but something aint right about this whole thing and looks like a set up.

Nord
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope that a**hole lost his job over this. What a complete tool. Did you hear what he said when the kid pleaded the 4th?????

YeLLowBoaT
09-19-2007, 08:59 PM
is it just me or was the cop sluring his words alittle bit?
Part 3 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6827635428840930544)
I find it really intresting at what the chef had to say... smelled like BS after the report said the officer was put on UNPAID adminstraitive leave... thats not something that happends when your cheif thinks you did nothing wrong.

MADDOG355
09-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I really like how the cop said he failed to use his turn signal and you could see it in the video.
I am with RD, That happens everyday.
I bought a 79 chevy truck that was silver, When it was dirty it looked like grey primer. The same cop pulled me over 3 times in less than a year for no seatbelt. The 3rd time he watched me pull out drive about 100' and pull into the next store. and the 2nd time he turned around and ran emergency traffic for a mile through a narrow construction zone the write me a $25.00 ticket :rolleyes:
Yet me and my brother in law ride around all the time in his 98 chevy and see the cop atleast 2 or 3 times a week and he never stops us.

Nord
is it just me or was the cop sluring his words alittle bit?
Part 3 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6827635428840930544)
I find it really intresting at what the chef had to say... smelled like BS after the report said the officer was put on UNPAID adminstraitive leave... thats not something that happends when your cheif thinks you did nothing wrong.
I noticed the slurring as well. Sounds like he was sipping a little of the medicine if you know what I mean............

HemiDude
Ahhh this is a made up video...how the Phock do you know the conversation these two are having off camera is for real...come on guys, grow up and know when your getting the sheep's wool is being pulled over your balls...:D :D :D :jawdrop:

Nord
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Ahhh this is a made up video...how the Phock do you know the conversation these two are having off camera is for real...come on guys, grow up and know when your getting the sheep's wool is being pulled over your balls...:D :D :D :jawdrop:
Looks legit to me.:confused:

pw_Tony
09-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I smell bacon, I smell pork, look out copper... I got a fork!
:D

socalmoney
09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
What bothers me is the cops attitude to arrest him just to prove he can. That is a power trip and should be squashed.
Statements like
"I don't need a reason to pull you over"
"You think your having a bad night, I will ruin your focking night, do you want to try me"
"Do you want to go to jail for some reason I come up with"
"Talk back to me again and I will arrest you for resisting arrest"
"I think I am just going to take you to jail to prove you wrong"
He then wants to have an "intellectual" conversation about "attitude" and gets pissed when he starts agreeing with him because the suspect doesn't want any trouble. When the suspect starts to speak his mind, the officer then says he is going to arrest him to prove his logic is right and the suspects is wrong. The exact situation the suspect was trying to avoid.
Cops can't arrest you for your attitude, they can only arrest you for laws that you have broken. Your attitude can determine the outcome but that fact that this cop thinks he can arrest someone for failing to use a signal and having an attitude is crazy.
Very embarrassing. This guy is a Sargent and is in a leadership role.
Well not anymore.
http://www.zimbio.com/Brett+Darrow/trackers/3/News+Brett+Darrow+Sergeant+James+Kuehnlein

Racey
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
That video makes me madder then you could ever know.. I had way too many encounters just like that when I was a kid.
RD
I'm with you 110% on that.
Per an interview on CNN(i believe it was) with the actual kid:
The kid had the camera in the car because after a previous encounter, i believe for speeding, a year and a half prior, he felt he was wronged in court when the judge believed the cops word over his. Having no evidence to back up his story he decided that wasn't happening again, and wanted to have proof in the event of this in the future.
Per interviews with several citizens of the small town, suburb, where this happened on the Bubba radio show:
The cops in this town are apparently real dicks, not a lot of action so they make their own, one guy was saying the stretch of road the kid was pulled over on is 35mph and the cops routinely write tickets for as little as 37-38 mph, his wife was even pulled over for driving under the speed limit there. According to another caller they park in the driveways of citizen's homes late at night , without permission, on that stretch of road to speed trap cars. and are always very confrontational to subjects.
This guys needs to be made an example of. This type of behavior is not acceptable in America. This type of behavior defies the very essence of our country, hell it was the reason we left Britain and created this land in the first place.... I live in a town where I've seen cops do stuff like this for no reason at all other than to flex their authority, and without evidence in the form of video you have no leg to stand on, no one is going to believe a young man over an officer of the law without a tape, I'm glad to see it happen so this dirt bag can't threaten any more innocent civilians, and maybe make others like him realize they could be in the same boat.
Oh and by the way the last i heard on the story was the officer's In-Car tape mysteriously doesn't exist for the night in question :idea: A tampering with evidence charge would be the final nail in this assh*le's coffin. If this tape was somehow a setup to make the officer look bad, his own in car tape would have been Exhibit A in his defense.
http://www.zimbio.com/pilot?ID=&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Fnewsbloggers%2F200 7%2F09%2F13%2Fabusive-missouri-cop-caught-on-tape%2F&ZURL=%2FBrett%2BDarrow%2Ftrackers%2F3%2FNews%2BBre tt%2BDarrow%2BSergeant%2BJames%2BKuehnlein
With a car-mounted camera, twenty-year-old St. Louis college student Brett Darrow captured his chilling exchange with power-drunk police officer Sgt. James Kuehnlein. The officer pulled him over and subjected him an abusive nine-minute tirade before letting him go. A sample: "C'mon, boy! Give me some more looks!" Darrow posted the footage all over the internet and filed a formal complaint against the officer. The official footage that should have been taken, per regulation, by the camera in the officer's car has apparently gone missing.

DMOORE
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
What an absolute pile of shit. That scumbag needs to loose his job, and never have a positioon of authority again.
Darrell.

SandbarScot
09-20-2007, 02:50 AM
The officer reacted to the video tapers attempt to get stopped by driving around parking lots late at night with no apparent reason.
The officer showed a complete lack of professionalism and no self control.
I wonder how many video tapings of professional and courteous police conduct are out there that will never be posted like this or won't be viewed if they are posted.
A thousand professional police contacts are erased in people's mind by one bad one that everyone will willingly watch on video. This is one reason why it is difficult to recruit well rounded young officers.

LOWRIVER2
09-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Bad news, bad behavior, something I"m no fan of.
Actually good posts on here about the subject, seems enough evidence on various news/LE sites that confirm this was real.
Any agency worth their salt checks the tapes in/out with plenty of levels of audits to ensure none go missing. As stated, the in car video /tape recorder on an officer are the best defense against citizen complaints.
I'm looking forward to the day a camera is in all of our cars so I can post the 6 firearms attacks on my officers alone this year during traffic stops. The Hollenbeck one would have been great as it would of shown the suspect opening up with the AK47 on my officers from 15 feet away. Maybe it would of shown the Probationer's wrist being blown off by the rounds as he tried to radio for backup. Or the Hollywood assault as the guy emptied his .45 at officers from 20 feet away. All for being pulled over on a traffic stop.
Point is, cameras capture the good, bad and downright VIOLENT reality that is Law Enforcement in 2007.
Punish the bad, acknowledge the good, and RESPECT the violence that is going on out there, at least on the west coast.
LAPD is up to 28 shots fired assualts ON officers this year, that's up from 12 this time last year. Fun Times!

DelawareDave
09-20-2007, 03:51 AM
The officer reacted to the video tapers attempt to get stopped by driving around parking lots late at night with no apparent reason.
The officer showed a complete lack of professionalism and no self control.
I wonder how many video tapings of professional and courteous police conduct are out there that will never be posted like this or won't be viewed if they are posted.
A thousand professional police contacts are erased in people's mind by one bad one that everyone will willingly watch on video. This is one reason why it is difficult to recruit well rounded young officers.
All I saw was the car turn 2 corners, pull into a parking lot, and stop. I didn't see him "driving around parking lots" as you put it.

Taylor923
09-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Typical small town cop. Got his ass kicked all through school, now thinks he is a bad ass because he has a badge and a gun. I would have told him to take me to jail, then sued the shit out of the city. I hate punk ass cops like that.

Cigalert
09-20-2007, 05:10 AM
I was hassled out of my mind when I was young. 90% of the time I wasn't doing anything wrong. I wanted to bitch just the same as this kid. But then, I grew up. I stopped driving late at night. I started slowing down. I rolled my windows up and turned my music down. Wanna know what happened next? Well I'll tell ya. I stopped getting pulled over.
It's still no excuse for the officers decisions and reactions. It seems like the kid was acting suspicous from the get go. The cop was really reaching trying to make the kid slip up. In this situation the cop lost. If the kid had a weapon or paraphernalia the outcome and public reaction would obviously be different. But I guarantee a lot of traffic stops start off in this same manor, after the cop "acts" in his unprofessional manor then the truth starts spilling out. An oz of weed in the armrest, gun under the drivers seat with the sereal numbers filed off...blah blah blah.
Until you put yourself in their shoes, until you walk in prison cells watching people get shanked in the skull, until you're on a stakeout for 14 hours and finally arrest the same suspect for the third time for the exact same offense, until your work day is filled with domestic violence, traffic accidents and a continuous cycle of negative people and negative situations you don't have a very good perspective of how a cop "should" behave. Try talking to shitbags and fukwads all day long and then tell me how you feel about a pant sagging, neck tatted honor student. If the shoe fits....

maxwedge
09-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Sadly officers behaving like this is the very thing that breeds violence towards cops in the first place. You don't have to treat the average human being like shit on your shoe very many times, before they start to develop a deep hatered for you and other people who they percieve to be the same. When you get treated like shit by a few people wearing a blue uniform it's pretty easy to think "I hate all cops". I know I have felt real strong hatred towards a few asshole cops in my day. It's just human nature. Same concept applies towards hatred of blacks or whites or people from Iraq, or jews or whatever. Hate is some powerfull dark shit. Also been a few times I have been real happy to see a cop, but for some reason those are easier to forget. Why? Who knows?, It's all a big fukin mystery, but what are ya gonna do? Ya just gotta keep livin man... L-I-V-I-N. (In my best Matthew McConaughey voice):D

SJP
09-20-2007, 06:48 AM
I was hassled out of my mind when I was young. 90% of the time I wasn't doing anything wrong. I wanted to bitch just the same as this kid. But then, I grew up. I stopped driving late at night. I started slowing down. I rolled my windows up and turned my music down. Wanna know what happened next? Well I'll tell ya. I stopped getting pulled over.
Shoot, roll them up - what if the tint is so dark you can barely see out at night.....:D

RiverToysJas
09-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Here's the CNN interview w/ the boy involved.... (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/09/12/chetry.kid.pulled.over.dashcam.cnn)
RTJas :mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
09-20-2007, 07:06 AM
RD
Dave,
That makes two of us.

Cigalert
09-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Shoot, roll them up - what if the tint is so dark you can barely see out at night.....:D
Everyone knows front window tint in cali is illegal. So I would never apply that to my vehicles.

pw_Tony
09-20-2007, 07:30 AM
This is exactly why I keep a tape recorder in my car all the time...