PDA

View Full Version : Reverse bucket

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 09:35 AM
How do yo get the reverse bucket off a place diverter? Is it even possible? I have taken the bolts loose but the pins don't come out thru the inside like the others, so how the f@ck do you get it off, I need to finish sand blasting it and prep it for paint. Thanx for any info.

1slowboat
02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
take the bolts out all the way, they screw into the pins,then push em out

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 09:49 AM
take the bolts out all the way, they screw into the pins,then push em outNegative ghost rider. My pins only come out from the outside, you can't push them into the inside of the nozzle.

1slowboat
02-26-2006, 09:59 AM
what kind of place diverter do you have? I just waked out to mine pulled the bolts out and pushed the pins in one at a time, bucket is off.....
have any pics of your setup? new, used,? can you see the pins on the inside of the nozle? if not some one might have marine tex-em in?

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 10:23 AM
what kind of place diverter do you have? I just waked out to mine pulled the bolts out and pushed the pins in one at a time, bucket is off.....
have any pics of your setup? new, used,? can you see the pins on the inside of the nozle? if not some one might have marine tex-em in?Confusion maybe Travis? lol, I'm talkin about the gate on the end of the nozzle, If that is what your talkin about mine do not push thru to the inside. :argue:

1slowboat
02-26-2006, 10:27 AM
ok send me a pic if you can, and i'll help ya out....
casper@mycvc.net

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 11:48 AM
ok send me a pic if you can, and i'll help ya out....
casper@mycvc.net10-4 I'll run down stairs and take a pic.

inwo
02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
See what you mean! Holes don't go thru into the nozzle. :confused:

centerhill condor
02-26-2006, 11:54 AM
hey flea.. mine is like yours and I couldn't figure it out either... I think new bushings would keep the gate from trying to close all the time.

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Here you go.
First pic looks inside the nozzle no holes for the pins to push into.
second & third pic is of the pins.

1slowboat
02-26-2006, 12:06 PM
ok i see ya now, do you have enough room to get some small needle nose pliers in between the nozzle and bucket? if so twist the pins and try to push them up high enough you can get ahold of them with pliers and pull them out the rest of the way....hope this helped

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 12:11 PM
ok i see ya now, do you have enough room to get some small needle nose pliers in between the nozzle and bucket? if so twist the pins and try to push them up high enough you can get ahold of them with pliers and pull them out the rest of the way....hope this helpedGood grief Travis you just doubled my work, lol It's Sunday lazy day. :) :rollside: hung over to boot. I'll give it a try. thanx.

inwo
02-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Unless you hear from someone who really knows. :) My bet is a little heat on the aluminum. Then tap the surounding aluminum, and hope gravity and inertia are enough to drop the pins a little.

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Holy shiat!!!!!!!!! Those pins where seized in there big time. I had to get a hacksaw in there and smoke'm. Then I had to drill holes in the pins that where left in the gate and use an ez out to break them loose. finally had to press the f@ckers out. What an ordeal just to get a clean azz paint job. :mad:

Wally_Gator
02-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.
I just picked up my nozzle from the guys over at Place Diverters...
Good bunch of guys there.
Regarding the reverse bucket... Their suggestion is as follows...
1. Unless you need to don't take it off. The pins are a BIOTCH to get out.
2. If you do need to get them out and are not worried about the finish..
Use alot of heat and then use a small screwdriver or something to walk the pin out..
3. If that does not work, center drill the pin, tap it and use a puller on it.
I know a day late and a dollar short... Sorry Flea...

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.
I just picked up my nozzle from the guys over at Place Diverters...
Good bunch of guys there.
Regarding the reverse bucket... Their suggestion is as follows...
1. Unless you need to don't take it off. The pins are a BIOTCH to get out.
2. If you do need to get them out and are not worried about the finish..
Use alot of heat and then use a small screwdriver or something to walk the pin out..
3. If that does not work, center drill the pin, tap it and use a puller on it.
I know a day late and a dollar short... Sorry Flea...A+ for trying thanx though, luckily I got them out with a little help from a hacksaw, hammer, ez out, drill.................................and a whole lot of muthaf@cker's.

1slowboat
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Glad you got it done, I guess mine is a little more used than yours, :mad: sorry about all the B.S. that I posted before, didn't help at all....****ing slowboat.......I can make you some new pins though,stainless....let me know, cause I know you hacked em :220v:

LVjetboy
02-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Here's my pins...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/ReversePin.jpg
:)
Flea, there's a lot of experience on the board, but sometimes you gotta let your post simmer for more than 3 hours. Some guys don't read every thread or even read every day.
jer

CARLSON-JET
02-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Glad to see you back LV.. R.B. I used a plastic mallet and wacked the housing till the little buggers made an appearance with the diverter off of course. while I was at it, I didn't like the sloppy gate. so I reamed the bores a tad and bushed em. R.B.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I used a flat head screwdriver. once I got it wedged under the side of the bucket, I pryed it up. It takes alot of patience but it comes off. Im might drill mine all the way through for future servicing......
Let me know if you dont get it flea. I can roll buy your crib and take it off for ya;)

FLEA DIDDY
02-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanx guys I got them out. There was no way they where gonna come out. The pin that was in the nozzle fell right out, the ends that where in the gate.............no dice. They had so much crap in between the pin and the bore they just seized in there. I had tried beating them out with a hammer and punch, nothing happening.
I finally had to cut them and use my vice and 2 sockets to press them out, even with that it was hard to break them loose. All is good now no damage just need 2 pins. :cry:

SmokinLowriderSS
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Glad you got them out without busting any castings. Might be a good idea to put the new ones in with some anti-siese on them. Also have the center bored & threaded to use a puller on perhaps.