PDA

View Full Version : The Jena six....had to post it!!!

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
This shit is pissing me off, dam Im fricken pissed. Jesse Jackson....dam he wont be happy until a complete race riot happens!:mad:
I cant even say any more!!!:mad:

RitcheyRch
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I hate that man. Surprised no one has put a bullet in his big old melon

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I hate that man. Surprised no one has put a bullet in his big old melon
OK, Im still pissed, what is this piece of shit douche bag good for?

River Lynchmob
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
OK, Im still pissed, what is this piece of shit douche bag good for?
Target practice?

OverKill
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
All this S**T for sitting under a tree. Yep I'm taking odds there will be a riot there in a short time. Any takers??
OverKill

Glamasu
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
All this S**T for sitting under a tree. Yep I'm taking odds there will be a riot there in a short time. Any takers??
OverKill
Could avoid it if he was hanging from a tree....:D

RitcheyRch
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Guess Jessie claiming the black students were being treated unfairly in the judicial system. You can bet your ass that he would be wanting more if this was white students involved.

lurid
09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
what about these people, where is the national news. do a search of this guys name Lemaricus Davidson
Lemaricus Davidson
you can read about some of it here
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=5930690
Where is Rev. Al and Jesse?
The animals pictured above; car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!
Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth ... and then murdered her.
Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced
Reporter: Whitney Daniel, WVLT Staff
Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Kno x County Grand Jury.
Lemaricus Davidson, 25, faces a total of 46 charges.
Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Letalvis Cobbins, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape,
robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated &n bsp;kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated
rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
George Thomas, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, ro bbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Just last night, police in Lebanon , Kentucky , arrested18-year-old Randy Nichols . She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 1 count Premeditated Murder of Christian only, 1 count Especially Aggravated Robbery of Newsom only, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts of aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom and 2 Counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by Knox county grand jury.
Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.
At a news conference Th ursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.
Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on thefirst day it's set.
The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.
This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.
Where are the Revs Al and Je sse? Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims?
Of course not - the victims were white.
Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke "rape" case?
Oh, that's right - the victims were white.
Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?
Must be cause the victims were white.
Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?
victims
So, if a white news radio jock uses the phrase "Nappy headed hos", it gets 2 weeks of constant news coverage.
If two white people are tortured, raped, and murdered by a group of black people, it barely gets a blip in the news.
Pass this around, and maybe, just maybe, it will land in the hands of someone in the media or politics, that has the testicularity to stand up for the white people!!!

RitcheyRch
09-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Looks like some of those fockers are protesting here in So Cal.
Jessie lead a group of people from one direction and Sharpton led another group from the other direction

Sleeper CP
09-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Looks like some of those fockers are protesting here in So Cal.
Jessie lead a group of people from one direction and Sharpton led another group from the other direction
Rest assured they are both jack-asses. Why does the press give them any credibility? They are both POS if you ask me. Wrong 99 out of 100 issues.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

HemiDude
09-20-2007, 05:50 PM
This shit is pissing me off, dam Im fricken pissed. Jesse Jackson....dam he wont be happy until a complete race riot happens!:mad:
I cant even say any more!!!:mad:
Me threee.......

Racey
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
what about these people, where is the national news. do a search of this guys name Lemaricus Davidson
Lemaricus Davidson
you can read about some of it here
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=5930690
Where is Rev. Al and Jesse?
The animals pictured above; car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her!
Channon Christian, was beaten and gang-raped in many ways for four days by all of them, while they took turns urinating on her. Then they cut off her breast and put chemicals in her mouth ... and then murdered her.
Dozens of New Charges in Double Murder Case Announced
Reporter: Whitney Daniel, WVLT Staff
Knoxville (WVLT) - The District Attorney General of Knox County announced the list of charges facing now five suspects in the double murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.
The District Attorney General Randy Nichols is not saying whether or not he will seek the death penalty, but he does say the State will seek conviction for all charges filed in a 24-page indictment from the Kno x County Grand Jury.
Lemaricus Davidson, 25, faces a total of 46 charges.
Davidson was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Letalvis Cobbins, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Cobbins was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape,
robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated &n bsp;kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated
rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
George Thomas, 24, faces a total of 46 charges. Thomas was indicted on 16 counts of Felony Murder growing out of rape, ro bbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 2 counts premeditated murder of Christian and Newsom, 2 counts especially aggravated robberies from Christian and Newsom, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom, and 2 counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Just last night, police in Lebanon , Kentucky , arrested18-year-old Randy Nichols . She faces 40 Tennessee state charges. Coleman was indicted on 12 counts Felony Murder growing out of rape, robbery kidnapping and theft of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom, 1 count Premeditated Murder of Christian only, 1 count Especially Aggravated Robbery of Newsom only, 4 counts especially aggravated kidnapping of Christian and Newsom, 20 counts of aggravated rape of Christian and Newsom and 2 Counts of theft from Christian and Newsom.
Eric Boyd, 24, also arrested in connection with the fatal carjacking, only faces federal charges as an accessory after the fact. He was not indicted by Knox county grand jury.
Felony Murder carries a possibility of death, life without the possibility of parole and life with parole. Especially Aggravated Robbery is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years in prison. Aggravated Rape is a Class A felony that carries a possibility of 15 to 60 years of prison.
At a news conference Th ursday, Nichols commended the cooperative efforts between several departments and credits that cooperation for the fast pace this case is moving through the court system.
Nichols says he hopes to move the case to trial on thefirst day it's set.
The four are expected to make their first court appearance within ten to fifteen days.
This is certainly a case garnering a lot of public interest, Nichols recognizes that and says he expects all kinds of requests filed in this case, including a change of venue in order to receive a fair trial. But he says he does hope 12 Knox County jurors will be able to determine the guilt or innocence of these suspects.
Where are the Revs Al and Je sse? Are they providing counsel and help to the families of the victims?
Of course not - the victims were white.
Why hasn't this received National coverage by the news media like the Duke "rape" case?
Why hasn't the NAACP, ACLU, New York Times etc., called for an investigation?
Must be cause the victims were white.
Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate this as a hate crime?
victims
So, if a white news radio jock uses the phrase "Nappy headed hos", it gets 2 weeks of constant news coverage.
If two white people are tortured, raped, and murdered by a group of black people, it barely gets a blip in the news.
Pass this around, and maybe, just maybe, it will land in the hands of someone in the media or politics, that has the testicularity to stand up for the white people!!!
That is the most horrible thing i have ever heard, i literally feel sick right now. :eek:

PaPaG
09-20-2007, 06:07 PM
They are both a joke, they only stur up crap when it benifit them...

westair
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Read that David Bowie just donated $10,000 to the legal defense of the Jena 6.
WTF !!

N281PONY
09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Target practice?
This could be the weekend. If things get escalated....There are a lot of "good ole boys" in Jena
Plus how can a man be called a Rev. without a church and have several children out of wedlock

centerhill condor
09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
one thing is for sure...beats workin' for a living!
CC

bignet
09-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Sounds to me like some of the good ol boys want to use the N word sooooo bad! :idea: This is one of the reasons why HB has turned to shit....the racist mofos on here..... If it isn't the mexicans its the brothas....proceed.
:devil:
bignet

centerhill condor
09-20-2007, 06:28 PM
www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39661&stc=1&d=1190341653
this may help.
CC

Mrs. 20
09-20-2007, 06:42 PM
That is the most horrible thing i have ever heard, i literally feel sick right now. :eek:
I'm sick too. How sad:(

angry dad
09-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Sounds to me like some of the good ol boys want to use the N word sooooo bad! :idea: This is one of the reasons why HB has turned to shit....the racist mofos on here..... If it isn't the mexicans its the brothas....proceed.
:devil:
bignet
WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! and OJ is innocent right!!
Heaven forbid a WHITE person gets pissed:rolleyes:

WestTNRiverRat
09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Don't get me started. I live in a city that is over 50% black. I've been working on a sickle cell bomb for years but haven't got it perfected.... yet. :mad:
As for that scumbag bunch of thugs in Knoxville, Old Sparky will be firing up for them after they get convicted. They fried a child killer last week. He asked for the electric chair and got it. I hope these thugs are next.

RitcheyRch
09-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree with you 100%
Rest assured they are both jack-asses. Why does the press give them any credibility? They are both POS if you ask me. Wrong 99 out of 100 issues.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

HM
09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I think what is truly a crime here is that Jackson and Sharpton are making it easy for white people to be up in arms about this incident. If you read what was/is going on in that town, you can see there is some pretty good racial tension that has been building for a long time. While the jena 6 should be held accountable for assault, realize they were standing up to the clear racism against black people, and specifically, against them. When I heard that nooses were hung from that tree, I just shook my head. The only thing missing were burning crosses in their yards. If I was in their shoes, I am not sure how I would handle such open hatred and offensiveness and basically a message threatening their lives...it is not like people use nooses for anything other than killing someone. That town has a very strong arian nation following, which is very common in the south. This is a sad and complicated incident and overall issue. And the fuktards Jackson and Sharpton are making this incident as bad as possible and as polarizing as possible because their future depends on racism staying alive.

MADDOG355
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok I will bite.
What exactly happend in Jena? I heard somthing about it at the Dr office but never really got what it was all about.

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Readers digest
Six blacks beat up white guy.
Because a white guy hung some noose's from a tree, it made the crime OK.
Jesse shows up, and they have to write the kids names on his hand so he would remember!!!

earl-bob
09-20-2007, 10:32 PM
I Don't Get It???
6 Dudes Beat 1 Guy And They Get To Protest???
6 On 1
Protest??
So They Are Protesting A Fair Fight???
I'll Take Those 6 P@#$y's Any Time One On One

HM
09-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Both you guys are over simplifying the issue...although as I said...Jackson and Sharpton are doing their usual best to polarize the situation.
The hanging of nooses is extremely purposely offensive and a racist symbol and should be taken as an overt threat to their lives. Do nooses have any other function than killing someone? As I said...the only thing missing were the burning crosses. I am not saying that what the kids did was o.k. They should be tried for assault...but not attempted murder. The conviction/punishment should take into consideration the environment of racism towards the black kids, especially the Jenna 6, since they were standing up to the racism at their school and in their community. People are trivializing the nooses...and even thinking about that image is very dis-heartening to me as here we are in 2007 and this kind of shit still goes on. If someone left a noose for me to see that was directed at me....I am not sure how I would handle that - especially if my race had a history of being hung by the other race who left the noose. Am I the only white guy that sees the nooses as extreme overtness of racism? :confused: :confused: :confused:

MADDOG355
09-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Ok I just saw it on CNN, Let me see if I understand it.
A group of white kids hangs out under a tree, A group of black kids "confronts" the white kids. :confused: That is the first problem right there, Why confront them? Looks like the black kids are being racist, and trying to start crap.
So some kids hang 3 nooses from the tree. Which from what I understand got a few white kids suspended and resulted in the tree being cut down. :rolleyes: dang evil trees.
Now 6 black kids jump on 1 white kid and he is removed from the school in a medic unit unconscious and everyone is mad becouse the black kids are getting charged with assualt? Yea that makes perfect sence the noose hurt them alot worse than they hurt that white kid. :mad: :mad:

earl-bob
09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm With Mad Dog
Ever Seen A Western?
They Were Not Hanging Blacks . They Were Hanging Outlaws And Badguys ? ? What Football Team Were They Playing That Week ? ?
West Tx Gets Prety Crazy Bout The Foozball

MADDOG355
09-20-2007, 11:13 PM
The hanging of nooses is extremely purposely offensive and a racist symbol and should be taken as an overt threat to their lives. Do nooses have any other function than killing someone? As I said...the only thing missing were the burning crosses.
Am I the only white guy that sees the nooses as extreme overtness of racism? :confused: :confused: :confused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman%27s_knot
I really like the boating reference on the 2nd link. Notice no racial mention at all.
With all due respect HolyMoly, YES
People on these boards often mention getting a rope in threads about lowlifes, Am I now to assume that all these lowlifes are black?

MADDOG355
09-20-2007, 11:24 PM
I am not saying that what the kids did was o.k. They should be tried for assault...but not attempted murder. The conviction/punishment should take into consideration the environment of racism towards the black kids, especially the Jenna 6, since they were standing up to the racism at their school and in their community.
From what the DA said the student that they convicted of attempted murder had a long criminal history.
I have to feel like they brought it on themselves. Agian, Why did they confront the white students under the tree to begin with? There has been no reports that the white students were doing anything to start this.

HM
09-20-2007, 11:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman%27s_knot
I really like the boating reference on the 2nd link. Notice no racial mention at all.
With all due respect HolyMoly, YES
People on these boards often mention getting a rope in threads about lowlifes, Am I now to assume that all these lowlifes are black?
Where did I say that nooses are only for black people? But, when white folks hang nooses for black folk...there is a serious racist history that is behind that. When people talk about getting a rope in threads, I know that it is a "wild west" reference. When white people hand a noose for black people, it is meant to be "racist" reference. If you can't see that or even refuse to see that, I am at a loss to see your position. How could someone be that insensitive to that? Kind of like asking why are the Jews upset at swastikas being painted on their garage?
I hate Sharpton and Jackson as much as the next guy. But this is clearly a very complicated issue that is not just 6 guys beating up a white guy. And I did say they should be tried for assault...but they are being tried for attempted murder.

earl-bob
09-20-2007, 11:41 PM
six on one just aint fair ><>.
when you or i or anyone on this site says" get a rope" it means we are going to have a good time pulling someone i dont give a f about the color as long as they can hang on and have fun
can i get an amen

HM
09-20-2007, 11:43 PM
From what the DA said the student that they convicted of attempted murder had a long criminal history.
I have to feel like they brought it on themselves. Agian, Why did they confront the white students under the tree to begin with? There has been no reports that the white students were doing anything to start this.
You also need to look at the make up of that town that had a 75% support rating for David Duke. The kid has a long criminal history? So that justifies convicting him of attempted murder when it was assault?
I also think that cutting down the tree was a smart move.
Yes, the white students didn't do anything except create an area that was off limits for black students. And then hung up nooses when the black students "Got permission" to hang at the tree. Again, the level of racism here is deep, wide, and with a long history.
Look...not only do I hate Sharpton and Jackson, but I think the ACLU is also a piece of shiat. I don't want to be painted as some kind of hand wringing liberal. In fact, I have often thought if I ever meet any one that works for the ACLU that I would just slap that person then sue them for inflicting pain on my hand. :D But...this is not a simple case like many are saying. And knowing Sharpton, Jackson, and the ACLU and any other organization that benefits from racism would be all over them is another reason why this should have been handled much differently. Local news is national news in a heart beat these days...and those that don't realize it just demonstrate even further how antiquated their beliefs are.....looks like the good ole boys trying to handle business the way their grand pappy taught them.

earl-bob
09-20-2007, 11:47 PM
six on one??? was he that big?

MADDOG355
09-20-2007, 11:50 PM
HolyMoly you have a PM
Now back to the discussion.

HM
09-20-2007, 11:51 PM
six on one just aint fair ><>.
when you or i or anyone on this site says" get a rope" it means we are going to have a good time pulling someone i dont give a f about the color as long as they can hang on and have fun
can i get an amen
EB - that is just a naive statement if not flat out ignorant. I have never seen where anyone said "get a rope" on this site that actually meant having a good time pulling someone. Now...I do know that they usually mean it as a joke - meant as an overreaction to something that is not acceptable.
And these weren't just ropes hanging from the tree...they were nooses. So, if you went somewhere and a noose was hanging in a place directed at you...your reaction would be...silly kids...they just want to pull me around (by the neck behind their truck).:idea:

earl-bob
09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
hey man,
we mean it as a joke were on the water as soon as we get out of the wake zone ' get the rope out and who's going first' nothhin bad but all good
this sh8t is messed up and its going to get all blown up

HM
09-21-2007, 12:07 AM
HolyMoly you have a PM
Now back to the discussion.
Got it.
Replied.
Explained.
Apologized.
Edited said post.
:D

MADDOG355
09-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Mabie it is too simple to my southern mind but, I think everyone is over sensitive when it comes to the subject of race.
One of the guys I went to school with asked if he could bring his truck into the auto shop class to install a new headliner, teacher said ok. Well the headline he was installing was a "rebel flag" Oh he was black by the way :D
The National Association of Black Bikers holds a rally and Speed channel covers it.
The White Bikers get together and the FBI covers it.
Whats the diffrence?

HM
09-21-2007, 12:19 AM
hey man,
we mean it as a joke were on the water as soon as we get out of the wake zone ' get the rope out and who's going first' nothhin bad but all good
this sh8t is messed up and its going to get all blown up
I couldn't agree with you more on that point.
But, perhaps you didn't realize that there are some what regular references on this site about "Getting a rope" and lynchings and lynch mobs. They are meant jokingly or as a description of what happened being similar to people just reacting to the first thing they heard and doing an internet lynching of someone. - but the reference is clear.
I think it comes down to the old argument about using the "N" word. Many people use it all the time with their friends and it is nothing more than a term of endearment to them. But, it does seriously offend many people because of the history of the word. And...there is the old double standard that black people can use it and not be racist but white people will always be considered racist if they use it regardless if they mean it to be or not. To me...I just stay away from that word as much as possible. So, while you never mean anything bad and it is all fun when you and your buddies use "Get a rope", there has to be some recognition of the history and how it can be very offensive if used on the wrong person....even if you never meant it that way. Is that right? Hell no. Is that reality? Hell yes.

earl-bob
09-21-2007, 12:30 AM
do you guys rember the pace sauce spot on T.V. where the guy was from NYC ...THAT GUY SAID "GET A ROPE"

HM
09-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Mabie it is too simple to my southern mind but, I think everyone is over sensitive when it comes to the subject of race.
One of the guys I went to school with asked if he could bring his truck into the auto shop class to install a new headliner, teacher said ok. Well the headline he was installing was a "rebel flag" Oh he was black by the way :D
The National Association of Black Bikers holds a rally and Speed channel covers it.
The White Bikers get together and the FBI covers it.
Whats the diffrence?
Chris Rock has some funny takes on crime and how to tell if it was a white person or a black person that committed the crime by simply describing the crime. White people definitely dominate the white collar crimes and the sick bastard crimes. Can't trust whitey. :D

HM
09-21-2007, 12:43 AM
do you guys rember the pace sauce spot on T.V. where the guy was from NYC ...THAT GUY SAID "GET A ROPE"
It wasn't the guy that was from NYC...it was where the hot sauce was from that was not Pace Picante Sauce. Pick up the Pace. :D That is the actual visual and audio I think of when I hear or see "get a rope."

MADDOG355
09-21-2007, 12:49 AM
A few years ago after a civil war reenactment one of the actors sons had a rebel flag on his truck on the way home from the reenactment when he was chased several miles by four black males and finally shot and killed. All becouse they were offended by the flag.
One of the local schools is called the rebels.
One of the students were beaten bad enough he had to be hospitalised, After visiting some family in another county when a group of black males took offence to the GO REBELS sticker on his car while he was at a gas station.
As a side note my daughter goes to that school, What do you think would happen if I visited my family in Memphis, Knoxville, or Atlanta with that sticker on my truck?

JAY4SPEED
09-21-2007, 01:36 AM
The media has blown this way out of proportion and has subjected facts to the story as to sensationalize it. Here is the statement from the Jena D.A. which hasn't gotten much national media air time:
http://media.2theadvocate.com/documents/Jena+3.pdf
http://media.2theadvocate.com/documents/Jena+2.pdf
http://media.2theadvocate.com/documents/Jena+1.pdf
Racism is a funny thing. Seems that not long ago there were protests to not judge Michael Vick and to let justice take its course only to have him plead guilty to his charges later on. Now they are protesting the justice system, don't want justice to take its course and to "free the Jena 6" as the chanting was heard coming from the crowd. :idea: Its funny how racism always plays to their advantage. "Equality" has both an upside and downside but its never taken that way. I agree the "nooses" were in bad taste. But, none of those boys were physically harmed by those nooses and that doesn't give them the right to lay a finger on anyone in physical harm. In fact the other side of the story which doesn't get reported is that the "noose" incident was 3 months earlier and the nooses were hung because the high school was playing a football game against their rivals "The Cowboys," hence the nooses. The white kid and some of the black kids played on the high school's football team together. Come to think of it, I haven't read or heard one thing that the white kid that was beaten had anything to do with the nooses that were hung from the tree. Those 3 kids that did it were suspended from school. Was he one of them? Was that ever proven that the victim even had anything to do with it? Its a messy situation and the media, Sharp ton, and Jackson is raping it for everything its worth making it even worse. For the record, I don't believe the nooses should have been hung from the tree for any reason and I certainly believe that those boys didn't have a right to lay a finger on anyone. How bad did they beat the white kid, I don't know, I wasn't there, but they do need to be punished, not "free the Jena 6" like what is being chanted up there.
Its no secret that New Orleans has the highest murder rate in the nation right now. 85% of which is black on black crime and mostly drug related. There was a march earlier this year put on by the citizens of New Orleans on city hall protesting that something has to be done about the high crime rate post Katrina. The march was much publicized locally before hand to generate as much support as possible. The participants were mix of black, white, hispanic, and Asian. A huge attempt was made to get the national media involved to get national exposure to the issues were are still dealing where here post Katrina. The citizens showed up on the city hall steps, no national media no Jesse Jackson, no Al Sharpton just the New Orleans citizens. If Jackson and Sharpton were worth anything positive to the black community, they would have been there. There is no where else in the country where as many black people die in a city in one year especially with the black on black crime. If they are so concerned about their people, they would start here and try to make a difference. Goes to show you their real worth.
Jay

HM
09-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Good post Jay.

JAY4SPEED
09-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Good post Jay.
:D Thanks, I try to put a good one up every now and then....:)

WestTNRiverRat
09-21-2007, 03:59 AM
Jay4speed,
Same here in Memphis. Last year we had over 120 murders in the city. Only two were white and they were killed by their cousin for crack money. The black on black crime here is out of control.
Don't think it's just whitey hatin.
Where's Al...where's Jesse...?
They don't give a rats ass about black people.

RitcheyRch
09-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Well said Jay.

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Getting used to the way Black people act down here in the south has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to adjust to.I grew up in So Cal and have NEVER seen anything like this.The black folks act as if they are owed by everybody and none of them want to work or act like human people at all.
Dont get me wrong there are those who will give the shirt off there back to you but very few and far in between...
Then there are people who you CAN NOT understand just what the hell they are trying to say. Dont know what langage there using but it isnt english..:D :D :D :D

phebus
09-21-2007, 05:28 AM
The white guy deserved to get his ass kicked. He wasn't hurt badly, and that is what I call street justice.
Everyone can go home now.

Schiada76
09-21-2007, 05:31 AM
The white guy deserved to get his ass kicked. He wasn't hurt badly, and that is what I call street justice.
The white guy didn't have anything to do with the racist bullshit that happened before SIX AZZHOLES beat him inconscious.:mad:

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 05:37 AM
The white guy didn't have anything to do with the racist bullshit that happened before SIX AZZHOLES beat him inconscious.:mad:
This is correct. There were 2 seprate cases here which happened 2-3 months a part....

Tequila-John
09-21-2007, 05:39 AM
should be interesting

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Jena is about 80 miles east from where I live. My brother in law is a state trooper out of Alexandria,LA and was asked to help out with there little masquerade...All I have to say is WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE !!!!!!!!!! This is a small town of about 2000 mostly white.
Jackson and the bunch of Sheet startes need to get on planes and go back to doing nothing somewhere eles..:D :D :D :D

OutCole'd
09-21-2007, 06:49 AM
If he was responsible for hanging the ropes, then yes, by ONE guy, but not SIX. The six should be charged for assault and there should be an investigation to see who all is responsible for hanging those ropes, and they should be charged with whatever is appropriate also.

Sleeper CP
09-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Goes to show you their real worth. [/B]
Jay
Poverty Pimps and media whores(oh I mean Ho's).
As one of the few "Blacks" that post on ***boat I have kind of stayed out of this discussion, primarily because I can write ditto to just about everything Holy Moly has written including his statements on Jackson and Sharpton (see above lead line as to my thoughts on them) They make race relations worse in this wonderful Country of ours, not better.
I think, from what I have heard and read elsewhere that the injustice on the Jena 6 lies in the attempted murder charge. Assault is assult, attempted murder is another thing . Maybe they need a 3 strikes law in their state so the dirt bag repeat criminals (regardless of race) get hauled off the streets.
Maybe the DA made this charge so strong to achieve that result, but unless that one kid(dirt bag) had a stick or pipe in his hand the attempted murder charge may well be un-justified. Although I do agree with the DA to get the repeat offender off the street.
Edit: If there are hate crimes that "whites" do to minorities is this not a hate crime that "blacks" did to a "white" kid.? This kid had nothing to do with the noose incident.
And I don't really buy into the whole hate crime deal, but Jackson and Sharpton do, but only if "whites" beat up someone of a different color. Will they ever see it the other way around?
Holy Moly give'm hell.... good work so far:D
Sleeper CP
565" Ford Lover, 1,000+ HP safely used since 1992:D

Big Warlock
09-21-2007, 07:32 AM
The kid they beat up had nothing to do with the ropes hanging in the tree. That was a previous incident, unrelated. They beat him unconscious!!!
Close your eyes, and think of your child or brother getting the crap beat out of him for sitting under a tree. Now how do you feel?
Holy Moly is on the right track in the level of the charges need to be reviewed. I believe that is what the appeals court is doing.
Jackson is an assclown to the nth degree! He extorts companies for racial reasons and then bangs his hookers with the money he brings in.(who are paid big time at a rate of $300K plus per year!!)
Sharpton is just a racist! But he does two things that I like. He expresses his views and doesn't back down. He is willing to go on any show and express those views and stand by his statements. Better than Jackson or Maxine Waters!!!

Baja Big Dog
09-21-2007, 07:45 AM
The kid they beat up had nothing to do with the ropes hanging in the tree. That was a previous incident, unrelated. They beat him unconscious!!!
Close your eyes, and think of your child or brother getting the crap beat out of him for sitting under a tree. Now how do you feel?
Holy Moly is on the right track in the level of the charges need to be reviewed. I believe that is what the appeals court is doing.
Jackson is an assclown to the nth degree! He extorts companies for racial reasons and then bangs his hookers with the money he brings in.(who are paid big time at a rate of $300K plus per year!!)
Sharpton is just a racist! But he does two things that I like. He expresses his views and doesn't back down. He is willing to go on any show and express those views and stand by his statements. Better than Jackson or Maxine Waters!!!
Sharpton does this because he knows that no one can argue with him, if they do they are labeled as "racists". If he ever brought a knife to a knife fight he would have his ass handed to him, since his beliefs are that the white man is bad...period. Jackson...well he is the shinning example of stupid, but very smart. He plays the role of the black godfather, makes a ton of money, and does what??? Babbles his senseless shit, with the marbles in his mouth, like I said, ask either one of these idiots what the names of the kids on trial are???

Aqua Boogie1
09-21-2007, 09:06 AM
WOW!!!! And thats coming from a Brotha!!!! Some of the views Im reading here are scary!!!:(

Big Warlock
09-21-2007, 09:08 AM
WOW!!!! And thats coming from a Brotha!!!! Some of the views Im reading here are scary!!!:(
LOL, another very true statement!!! Trust me, I am scared as well.

bocco
09-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Did anybody else look at Aqua boogie1's new avatar and completely forget what the hell we were talking about?

Sleeper CP
09-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Did anybody else look at Aqua boogie1's new avatar and completely forget what the hell we were talking about?
What:confused: ;)
Sleeper CP

Aqua Boogie1
09-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Just in case you would like to check out some pics............
Cocosworld.com or Myspace.com/cocosworld2006
Ice-T's wife!!!!

bocco
09-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Just in case you would like to check out some pics............
Cocosworld.com or Myspace.com/cocosworld2006
Ice-T's wife!!!!
You forgot to say NSFW. I'll have to check that out after work.

Mrs. 20
09-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't know if any of you watch the Daily Show, but this was on a couple nights ago. It's about OJ, but along the lines of a prior post on this thread. BTW, theres a commercial first:mad: So wait for it.
http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?lnk=v&ml_video=103075

Aqua Boogie1
09-21-2007, 11:30 AM
You forgot to say NSFW. I'll have to check that out after work.
Sorry.....................;)

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
http://www.volunteertv.com/special
No national attention.... racism sells. :mad:

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
The kid has a long criminal history? So that justifies convicting him of attempted murder when it was assault?
So tell me what you call 6 kicking the shit out of one until he was unconscious?
Simple assault? I think not!
What if they had killed him? What then?

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Getting used to the way Black people act down here in the south has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to adjust to.I grew up in So Cal and have NEVER seen anything like this.The black folks act as if they are owed by everybody and none of them want to work or act like human people at all.
Dont get me wrong there are those who will give the shirt off there back to you but very few and far in between...
Then there are people who you CAN NOT understand just what the hell they are trying to say. Dont know what langage there using but it isnt english..:D :D :D :D
LOL! Welcome to the south. ;)

blown428fe
09-21-2007, 12:17 PM
This world is going to shit. I feel bad for what my kids are going to have to deal with someday. WTF.

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 12:19 PM
LOL! Welcome to the south. ;)
Thanks..... I like it here..It has become home after 11 years...:D :D :D :D

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Well the judge denied bail/bond on the teen who is still in custody.....:D :D :D :D
They must have a strong case....:D :D :D :D

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Well the judge denied bail/bond on the teen who is still in custody.....:D :D :D :D
They must have a strong case....:D :D :D :D
When will the riots begin? :jawdrop:

Shreve"T"
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Soon !!!!!!!!!!

Schiada76
09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
KILL WHITEY!:mad: :mad: :D

Schiada76
09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
How come when ever there is a riot in the ghetto or barrio they run around and burn all their own chit down then complain about having all their chit burned down?:idea: :eek: :D
I was in mexico years ago and the first day we were there there was a huge riot about bus fares, they smashed all the windows out of the busses, beat the crap out of them and torched a few.
The rest of the time we were there all the busses were driving around full of locals, no windows, some blackened by fire and the upholstery all shredded to chit.
Wonder if they ever fixed them?:idea: :D :D

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 02:50 PM
KILL WHITEY!:mad: :mad: :D
Dont call me whitey...... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4J8lFp5_N8)
:)

RitcheyRch
09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I've always wondered the same thing.
How come when ever there is a riot in the ghetto or barrio they run around and burn all their own chit down then complain about having all their chit burned down?:idea: :eek: :D
I was in mexico years ago and the first day we were there there was a huge riot about bus fares, they smashed all the windows out of the busses, beat the crap out of them and torched a few.
The rest of the time we were there all the busses were driving around full of locals, no windows, some blackened by fire and the upholstery all shredded to chit.
Wonder if they ever fixed them?:idea: :D :D

westair
09-21-2007, 03:37 PM
So tell me what you call 6 kicking the shit out of one until he was unconscious?
Simple assault? I think not!
What if they had killed him? What then?
I read they were still kicking the shit out of him while he was unconscious.

suckin&pumpin
09-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I think what is truly a crime here is that Jackson and Sharpton are making it easy for white people to be up in arms about this incident. If you read what was/is going on in that town, you can see there is some pretty good racial tension that has been building for a long time. While the jena 6 should be held accountable for assault, realize they were standing up to the clear racism against black people, and specifically, against them. When I heard that nooses were hung from that tree, I just shook my head. The only thing missing were burning crosses in their yards. If I was in their shoes, I am not sure how I would handle such open hatred and offensiveness and basically a message threatening their lives...it is not like people use nooses for anything other than killing someone. That town has a very strong arian nation following, which is very common in the south. This is a sad and complicated incident and overall issue. And the fuktards Jackson and Sharpton are making this incident as bad as possible and as polarizing as possible because their future depends on racism staying alive.
sounds like you are defending the six???? They beat someone! you do not get to choose to use violence against someone because they are a racist!!! They should be held accountable and miss me with the racist argument, I have been to prison where the blacks think the whites are pieces of crap but I dont cry and whine about racism, no matter how anyoine is discriminated against it gives never gives them a right to resort to violence unless in self defense of bodily harm!

Troy McClure
09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Where did I say that nooses are only for black people? But, when white folks hang nooses for black folk...there is a serious racist history that is behind that. When people talk about getting a rope in threads, I know that it is a "wild west" reference. When white people hand a noose for black people, it is meant to be "racist" reference. If you can't see that or even refuse to see that, I am at a loss to see your position. How could someone be that insensitive to that? Kind of like asking why are the Jews upset at swastikas being painted on their garage?
I hate Sharpton and Jackson as much as the next guy. But this is clearly a very complicated issue that is not just 6 guys beating up a white guy. And I did say they should be tried for assault...but they are being tried for attempted murder.
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread yet so sorry if this is redundant....BUT Reverse the situation, and White kids would have been charged with a HATE CRIME...much stronger penalties and sentencing. Show me a group of minorities that have been charged with the same "HATE" crime and I'll give you a $100.

Forkin' Crazy
09-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I read they were still kicking the shit out of him while he was unconscious.
That is what I understand also. Doesn't kicking him after he was down constitute a harsher charge? I would like to think so!!!
suckin&pumpin, I couldn't agree more.
To me, whether it be rape, murder, assault, or any violent crime IS a HATE crime no matter what race.

BBFnordic
09-23-2007, 07:44 AM
While I was reading River Runin's post It made me think of this. Al, Jesse, and the rest of their GANG only show up when they can start trouble. If it was 6 white guys that beat a black guy they would be trying to force attempted murder on them as hard as they could. If they want to help their fellow blacks so much, then where were they when katrina hit. Other than when they said the Gov. was racist because they didnt give enough help fast enough. I dont recall Al or Jesse helping out one time, did they take anyone in to their home and HELP the people that need it...NO. One guy from my church did, he took in one family, gave them a place to live, bought them a cheap car to drive and helped the parents get jobs to get back on their feet. That man has more caring and help for people in his pinky finger than those 2 clowns do in their body put together! They dont want to help anyone, they want to make a point. Well guess what.. the point has already been made by Martin L. King and segragation is over and every one is free. The only racist people I see here is Al and Jesse!

ShutYaPieHole
09-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Jena Six refers to a group of six black teenagers who were allegedly involved in the beating of a white teenager in Jena, Louisiana, on December 4, 2006, and were subsequently arrested, charged, and in some cases convicted, for their participation in the event.
While U.S. Attorney Donald Washington has stated there is no evidence of unfair prosecution or sentencing,[1] there have been protests by those who argue that the arrests and subsequent charges were racially motivated, noting the lack of arrests and serious charges against white youths in Jena in earlier incidents in the town.
The only defendant tried so far has had his convictions overturned, one by the trial judge[2] and the other by the Louisiana Court of Appeal[3] in Lake Charles, both on grounds that the defendant should have been tried as a juvenile, not as an adult.[2][1][4] The defendant in that case, Mychal Bell, remains incarcerated while the District Attorney considers whether to appeal, or to try Bell as a juvenile.
Contents [hide]
1 Background
1.1 The "white tree" incident
1.2 The "pen statement"
1.3 Students attempt to address school board
1.4 Jena High School arson
1.5 Fair Barn party incident
1.6 Convenience store incident
2 The assault
2.1 Barker's injuries
2.2 Trial, prosecution, and legal proceedings
2.2.1 Mychal Bell trial
2.2.2 The other five
3 Public response
3.1 Petition
3.2 Defense fund
3.3 Rally
4 See also
5 References
Background
According to National Public Radio, racial tensions in Jena were at high levels prior to the Jena Six incident due to a number of racially charged events in the small town.[5]
The "white tree" incident
At Jena High School, about 10% of enrolled students are African Americans and more than 85% are white. Early reporting asserted that students of different races seldom sat together, although this has been disputed.[6] According to early reports, black students typically sat on bleachers near the auditorium, while white students sat under a large tree, referred to as the "white tree" or "prep tree", in the center of the school courtyard.[5] On September 22, 2007, however, the AP reported that the "white tree" was no such thing, and that according to teachers and administrators at the school, students of all races had sat under it at one time or another.[6]
During a school assembly on August 31, 2006, a black male freshman student asked permission from the principal to sit under the "white tree".[7] According to the recounting of events given by U.S. Attorney Donald Washington, a Bush appointee who is himself black,[8], the question was posed in a "jocular fashion".[9] The principal told the students they could "sit wherever they wanted."[7] The freshman and his friends then sat under the tree.[10]
The following morning, nooses (reports differ whether there were three[5] or two[6] [11]) were discovered hanging from the tree. It has been reported that Jena's principal learned that three white students were responsible and recommended expulsion, that the board of education overruled his recommendation, and that Superintendent Roy Breithaupt agreed with the overruling. It was initially reported that the punishment was reduced to three days of in-school suspension.[5][12] According to the Associated Press, however, the three students were isolated at an alternative school for a month, and then spent two weeks on in-school suspension.[6]
The school superintendent was quoted as saying, "Adolescents play pranks. I don't think it was a threat against anybody."[13] Black residents of Jena claim that this decision stoked racial tensions that led to subsequent events.[12] However, a black teacher described seeing both white and black students "playing with [the nooses], pulling on them, jump-swinging from them, and putting their heads through them.", which may have led to the nooses being cut down as a safety hazard. [6]
According to U.S. Attorney Donald Washington, the FBI agents who investigated the incident, as well as federal officials who examined it, found that it "had all the markings of a hate crime." However, it wasn't prosecuted because it failed to meet federal standards required for the teens to be certified as adults.[14]
In late July 2007, U.S. Attorney Donald Washington noted that of the more than 40 statements taken regarding the assault, none mentioned the noose incident.[9] LaSalle Parish District Attorney J. Reed Walters stated there was no linkage between the noose incident and the beating. "When this case was brought to me and during our investigation and during the trial, there was no such linkage ever suggested. This compact story line has only been suggested after the fact."[14]
The "pen statement"
Police were called to the school several times in the days after the noose incident in response to a rash of interracial fights between students.[9] The principal took action by calling an impromptu assembly on September 6, 2006, in which students segregated themselves into white and black sections. The Jena Police Department asked LaSalle Parish District Attorney J. Reed Walters to attend and speak at the assembly. Allegedly, Walters was unhappy with the request because he was busy preparing for a case and, upon arrival, felt that the students were not paying proper attention to him.[9] Walters is alleged to have threatened the students with legal consequences if they didn't stop "fussing" over an "innocent prank".[15] He warned the students that he could be their friend or their worst enemy, and he stated that "[w]ith one stroke of my pen, I can make your life disappear."[5] Though black students state Walters was looking at them when he made the comments, Walters and school board member Billy Fowler, also present, deny it.[5]
Police began patrolling the halls of Jena High on September 7. The following day, the school received a report that a student had brought a gun on campus, prompting a total lockdown, though no gun was ever found.[16]
Students attempt to address school board
On September 10, 2006, black students attempted to address the school board concerning the recent events but were refused because the board was of the opinion that the noose incident had been adequately resolved.[17] Racial tensions and fights continued through the fall but were held in check by the ongoing successful football season.[5]
Jena High School arson
On November 30, 2006, a wing of the main building of the high school was set on fire. That portion of the building was gutted and had to be later demolished.[5][18]
Fair Barn party incident
On Friday, December 1, 2006, there was a private party, attended mostly by whites, at the Fair Barn. Five black youths, including 16-year-old Robert Bailey, attempted to enter the party at about 11 p.m. According to U.S. Attorney Washington, they were told by a woman that no one was allowed inside without an invitation. The five youths persisted, stating that some friends were already in attendance at the party. A white man, who was not a student, then jumped in front of the woman and a fight ensued. After the fight broke up, the woman told both the white man and five black youths to leave the party. Once outside, the black students were involved in another fight with a group of white men, who were not students.[9] Police were called to investigate. Justin Sloan, a white male, was charged with battery for his role in the fight and was put on probation. Bailey later stated that one of the white men broke a beer bottle over his head,[12] but there were no official records of Bailey receiving medical treatment for the injury.[9]
Convenience store incident
On Saturday, December 2, 2006, another incident involving Bailey occurred at a local convenience store. A white student who had attended the Fair Barn party encountered Bailey and several friends. Reports from the involved parties are conflicting,[19] but indicate that an argument occurred, the white student produced a shotgun from his pickup truck, and that the gun was ultimately taken away from him by Bailey and his friends.[5] Local police reported that the accounts of the white student and black students contradicted each other and formed a report based on testimony taken from eyewitnesses. The white student claimed that Bailey and his friends shouted and ran after him, that he ran to get his gun, and that the students wrestled it away from him.[19] According to the black students, as they left the convenience store, they were confronted by the white student with a shotgun. They then claimed to have wrestled the gun away from him and fled the scene.[19] The incident resulted in Bailey being charged with three counts: theft of a firearm, second-degree robbery, and disturbing the peace. The white student who produced the weapon was not charged.[5][9]
The assault
On December 4, 2006, 17-year-old white Jena High School student Justin Barker was assaulted at school. He was struck on the back of the head and knocked down by a black student. According to some witnesses, a group of black students then repeatedly kicked him.[20]
Some individuals have stated that Barker had mocked Robert Bailey, Jr., who had allegedly been beaten up by a white man the previous Friday.[5] Barker denies making the comments.[20]
Barker's injuries
A doctor treated Barker, who was left unconscious after the attack, at the local hospital. He was released after two hours of treatment and observation for a concussion and an eye that had swollen shut.[12] The emergency physician's record shows that he also had injuries to his face, ears and hand.[21] He was able to attend his school's Ring ceremony that evening,[12] though he later testified, "I waited 11 years to go to it. I wasn't going to let that get in my way," and that he ended up leaving early due to pain.[22]
During the trial, Barker also testified that his face was badly swollen after the attack and that he suffered a loss of vision in one eye for three weeks. He also stated that he suffered recurring headaches and forgetfulness[23] since the attack, though medical tests have not detected a definitive cause or proof of this statement.[22] A nurse testified that Barker had a previous history of migraines.[23]
Trial, prosecution, and legal proceedings
The police arrested the six students, eventually dubbed the "Jena Six", accused of the attack.[24] Five of them (Robert Bailey, Jr., then 17; Mychal Bell, then 16; Carwin Jones, then 18; Bryant Purvis, then 17; and Theo Shaw, then 17) were charged with attempted second-degree murder.[17] Mychal Bell, a juvenile at the time, was charged as an adult.[4] The sixth student, Jesse Ray Beard, was charged as a juvenile because he was 14 at the time.[25]
Mychal Bell trial
On June 26, 2007, the first day of trial for defendant Mychal Bell, Walters agreed to reduce the charges for Bell to aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit aggravated second-degree battery.[26] A charge of aggravated battery requires the use of a "deadly weapon". Walters therefore argued that the tennis shoes that Bell was wearing and used to kick Barker with were deadly weapons, an argument with which the jury ultimately agreed.[27] Witness accounts conflicted over whether he was involved in the attack.[27] However, court-appointed public defender Blane Williams, himself a black man, rested the defense case without calling any witnesses.[27]
Bell faced an all-white jury, although blacks were included in jury selection process. The 150-person jury call included black citizens, but none of the 50 potential jurors that showed up were black.[25][6] Further exacerbating the perception of jury bias, one of the jurors was a high school friend of the victim's father.[28] The jury found Bell guilty, and he faced the possibility of up to 22 years in prison. The judge scheduled sentencing for September 20, 2007.
Following the trial, Bell's new defense attorneys, Louis Scott and Carol Powell-Lexing, requested that a new trial on the grounds that Bell should not have been tried as an adult and that the trial should have been held in another parish.[29] A request to lower Mychal Bell's $90,000 bond was denied on August 24, 2007, due to his juvenile record consisting of four violent crimes. Bell was put on probation for a battery that occurred December 25, 2005, and he was subsequently convicted of another battery charge and two charges of criminal damage to property while still on probation.[30]
On September 4, 2007,[31] a judge dismissed the conspiracy charge on the grounds that he should have been tried as a juvenile, but let the battery conviction stand.[2] However, on September 14, 2007, Louisiana's Third Circuit Court of Appeals overturned Bell's battery conviction, also ruling that he shouldn't have been tried as an adult. Louis Scott, Bell's attorney, has indicated that the ruling dismissed the charges for now, but that the prosecutor could appeal or refile the charges.[4] The La Salle Parish district attorney, J. Reed Walters, has said that he will appeal to the Louisiana Supreme Court.[32]
Following an order by the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeal,[33] a hearing was held on September 21, 2007, to determine whether to set bond for Bell.[34] The judge in the hearing denied the request for Bell to be freed while his appeal is being reviewed.[35]
The other five
On September 4, 2007, charges against Carwin Jones and Theo Shaw were reduced to aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy,[36] as were those of Robert Bailey, Jr., on September 10.[37]
Despite the overturning of Mychal Bell's conviction, the charges against the other four teenagers remained unaffected because they were over seventeen at the time of the incident, thus making them adults under Louisiana law.[4]
Public response
The incident has brought considerable public comment and even demonstrations among those who believe that the charges against the Jena Six were disproportionate to the alleged crime and racially motivated.[38]
Petition
In the wake of these events, an online petition circulated claiming over 410,188 signatures as of September 23, 2007.[39] The petition calls for a review of the events by the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Justice Department in order to determine whether there were any civil rights violations during the trials.
Defense fund
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) established a fund to help pay attorney fees.[40] On September 18, musician David Bowie donated $10,000 to it and made a statement, "There is clearly a separate and unequal judicial process going on in the town of Jena. A donation to the Jena Six Legal Defense Fund is my small gesture indicating my belief that a wrongful charge and sentence should be prevented."[41]
Rally
Even though Bell's conviction was overturned, a rally in support of the Jena 6 was held in Jena on September 20, 2007,[42] the date when Bell was scheduled for sentencing.[43] The more than 10,000 demonstrators assembled were addressed by Darryl Matthews, General President of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity. In his speech, entitled We Demand Justice for the Jena 6!, Matthews stated "It is sobering to know that in 2007 Martin Luther King’s dream of equal treatment, respect, fairness and opportunity is still not realized."[44] Civil rights activists Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Martin Luther King III,[45] and rapper Mos Def attended;[46] Darryl Hunt was scheduled to be a key speaker.[47]
Because of the rally's large expected size (estimates up to 40 to 60 thousand)[45] schools on the south side of LaSalle Parish, including Jena High School, were closed on September 20, 2007.[48]

Sleeper CP
09-24-2007, 07:27 AM
River Runin,
Sounds like LA and other states should have three strikes laws like California.
I can't say "this" type of stuff used to happen here, but the people finally got sick of the repeat criminals and decided to get them off the streets.
I have heard that the convicts discuss amoung themselves which states don't have three strikes laws, so when the get out they'll jump parole and go to the states that don't have three strikes laws.
Those POS punks should have been off the streets along time ago.
Just my .02
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

centerhill condor
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
with respect to the "attempted murder" charge...DAs regularly overcharge the defendant to work a plea deal for a lesser included offence. I don't like it in Tennessee any more than LA. However, that is how the justice system works in most of the country.
Clearly, the actions are aggravated assault in Tennessee. A few things that qualify are "extended periods of uncounciousness", "loss of use of an organ or limb", "extreme pain", "with a weapon".
Continuing the attack after the victim is "tko" may qualify as attempted murder 'cause for all they knew he was dead when they stopped the attack and there were 6 attackers.
In any event, beating someone "tko" for hangin' ropes from a tree really isn't the same as street justice. Merely raisin' the price of poker and increasing the level of emnity.
Kinda like beating the pig 'cause the dog chewed the shoe!
Great opportunity for the professional race baiters...
CC

DCarr
09-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I can say this much, I emailed both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton asking them for a response in what those 4 animals did and how they will justify their actions.

ShutYaPieHole
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Two arrested in noose incident near Jena, Louisiana September 21, 2007 ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana (CNN) -- Authorities in Alexandria, Louisiana, arrested two people after nooses were seen hanging from the back of a red pickup Thursday night, the city's mayor told CNN.
Alexandria is less than an hour away from Jena, Louisiana, and was a staging area Thursday for protesters who went to the smaller town to demonstrate against the treatment of six black teens known as the "Jena 6" in racially charged incidents.
Police say the 18-year-old driver of the truck was charged with driving while intoxicated and inciting to riot and also may be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor -- the 16-year-old passenger.
As police were questioning the driver, he said he had an unloaded rifle in the back, which police found. They also found a set of brass knuckles in the cup holder on the dashboard, according to the police report.
The passenger told police he and his family are in the Ku Klux Klan, the police report said. He also said he had tied the nooses and that the brass knuckles belonged to him, the report said.
At least one of the nooses was made out of an extension cord, according to the police report.
Alexandria Mayor Jacques Roy said those arrested were "from around Jena"
and not in the same parish as his city.
The police report says a crowd of about 200 people, mostly African-Americans, watched the arrest take place.
Roy said the incident is "not indicative" of Alexandria and that local authorities will look into the matter "completely, thoroughly and transparently."
A photograph of the truck was sent to CNN by Casanova Love, 26, who said he's in the U.S. Navy. He's visiting his family in Louisiana.
Love said he was standing outside a club with some friends Thursday night when he saw the red pickup drive by slowly with two nooses hanging from it.
He said the truck continued up the street and passed by a large group of Jena 6 protesters standing outside a bus stop. Police then pulled over the vehicle.
Love explained why he sent the photo to CNN: "People need to see this.
It's 2007, and we still have fools acting like it's 1960."
State police estimated at least 15,000 people gathered in Jena on Thursday to protest what they consider unequal punishments meted out in recent racially charged cases.

78TaylorSS460
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
While I was reading River Runin's post It made me think of this. Al, Jesse, and the rest of their GANG only show up when they can start trouble. If it was 6 white guys that beat a black guy they would be trying to force attempted murder on them as hard as they could. If they want to help their fellow blacks so much, then where were they when katrina hit. Other than when they said the Gov. was racist because they didnt give enough help fast enough. I dont recall Al or Jesse helping out one time, did they take anyone in to their home and HELP the people that need it...NO. One guy from my church did, he took in one family, gave them a place to live, bought them a cheap car to drive and helped the parents get jobs to get back on their feet. That man has more caring and help for people in his pinky finger than those 2 clowns do in their body put together! They dont want to help anyone, they want to make a point. Well guess what.. the point has already been made by Martin L. King and segragation is over and every one is free. The only racist people I see here is Al and Jesse!
My thoughts exactly. Very well said