View Full Version : phoenix cops killed by illegial immigrant

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2007, 08:14 PM
sorry, i meant cop...as in 1 :mad: :mad: ..and yes i spelled illegal wrong too
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/97683
September 19, 2007 - 1:51PM
Man who shot officer was an illegal immigrant
Associated Press
PHOENIX - The man who shot and killed a Phoenix police officer before he himself later was fatally shot by authorities was an illegal immigrant, a federal official said Wednesday.
Erik Jovani Martinez, 22, was in the country illegally last year when he was arrested and convicted on theft charges, said Vinnie Picard, a spokesman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
He said Martinez was deported on March 3 last year, and at some point re-entered the country illegally.
Martinez was stopped by Phoenix police Officer Nick Erfle on Tuesday for jaywalking on a busy central Phoenix street. Knowing he had a felony arrest warrant for aggravated assault, police said Martinez gave them an alias.
But that plan backfired when the alias turned up a different arrest warrant for shoplifting out of Tucson. When Erfle and his partner tried to arrest Martinez, a fight ensued, Martinez pulled a gun and fatally shot Erfle, said Phoenix police Sgt. Joel Tranter.
He said Martinez then ran from the scene, jumped into a car stopped in traffic, and told the man inside to drive as he pointed a gun at him.
Police soon caught up with him, stopped the car and fatally shot Martinez when he pointed his gun at the hostage's head, Tranter said. Martinez died in the car, and the hostage was unharmed.
Erfle, a 33-year-old married father of two and an eight-year veteran of the force, was pronounced dead at the hospital. Police did not say how many times or where on his body he was shot.
Tranter said the officer had survived a bout with cancer. After taking time off for treatment, Erfle returned to uniform patrol as quickly as he could.
"He was very eager to get back to work," Tranter said. "At the first opportunity he requested to get back into a uniform and get back on the streets. Police work was a passion of his."
Tranter said Erfle's partner, who was there when he was shot, went to the police academy with Erfle and that the two were close.
"He's absolutely traumatized, devastated," Tranter said. He said the officer is taking time off to recover from the trauma.
In Erfle's north Phoenix neighborhood Tuesday night, Tiana Iannuzzi, 17, tearfully remembered the officer, describing him as a playful and patient family man who never raised his voice. Iannuzzi baby-sat Erfle's two sons, ages 3 and 5, and told The Arizona Republic the officer was "a great guy."
A makeshift memorial consisting of a white cross, flowers and stuffed animals has been erected near the shooting scene. It's also become a gathering place for fellow officers to mourn their loss.
Erfle's killing is the second shooting death of a Phoenix police officer this year. George Cortez Jr., 23, was shot to death in July as he attempted to arrest a check forgery suspect at a west Phoenix check-cashing business.

RaceFace
09-20-2007, 08:20 PM
F'ing dirtbag!! The officer survives CANCER only to be taken away from his family by a scumbag!! :mad: :mad:
Godspeed.

Jordy
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
It's a bad deal. Oh, and he beat cancer 2 times now. And the illegal was deported a couple times, one after a domestic violence charge. On the bright side, he's not coming back.
The really sad part of this whole deal, is now one of the big illegal rights organizers is using this as a springboard/media frenzy/Jesse and Al kind of deal to further his cause. Apparently they organized a candlelight vigil down at the site of the shooting, which is a nice gesture as they're right, an illegal shooting a police officer will hurt their cause, however, the cameras and TV crews that he brought with him just made a mockery of the whole attempt to show support for the fallen officer and his family. :notam:

RaceFace
09-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I had about 2 paragraphs typed out venting my anger about this whole issue but decided not to start a mud slinging contest. I don't feel like getting flamed by the 1% who side with the cause.
My heart and prayers goe out to the family and friends of this fallen LEO.

HemiDude
09-20-2007, 08:52 PM
It's a bad deal. Oh, and he beat cancer 2 times now. And the illegal was deported a couple times, one after a domestic violence charge. On the bright side, he's not coming back.
The really sad part of this whole deal, is now one of the big illegal rights organizers is using this as a springboard/media frenzy/Jesse and Al kind of deal to further his cause. Apparently they organized a candlelight vigil down at the site of the shooting, which is a nice gesture as they're right, an illegal shooting a police officer will hurt their cause, however, the cameras and TV crews that he brought with him just made a mockery of the whole attempt to show support for the fallen officer and his family. :notam:
Tough for us here in Phoenix. Scumbag was part of a local gang according to the news....stick of dynomite up the punks ahole would of taught the mofo a little lesson. No respect for the badge or life itself...:confused:

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Tough for us here in Phoenix. Scumbag was part of a local gang according to the news....stick of dynomite up the punks ahole would of taught the mofo a little lesson. No respect for the badge or life itself...:confused:
i vote for the bullet in the head lesson....glad to see thats what he got :D :D

XtrmWakeborder
09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
One down, millions more to go. Godspeed to the officer

squirt'nmyload
09-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Vigil for slain officer attended by undocumented immigrants
Erin Zlomek
The Arizona Republic
Sept. 20, 2007 09:29 PM
Fearing a backlash against the Latino community, recent immigrant Sandra Arizmendiz clutched a lit candle in one hand and passed out black ribbons with another at candlelit vigil for slain officer Nick Erfle Tuesday night.
Erfle, a 33-year old, eight-year police veteran, was shot and killed by 22-year old Erik Jovani Martinez, an undocumented immigrant, Tuesday morning.
"We want to remind all of Arizona and the nation that this crime had nothing to do with the legal status of that person, but rather his criminal intentions," said Phoenix resident and CEO of Immigrants Without Borders Elias Bermudez.
About 40 members of the Latino community came to the ceremony and laid Virgin de Guadalupe candles, flowers and hand written notes on top of a makeshift memorial near Thomas Road and Pinchot Avenue were Erfle was killed.
"This is not for resistance, this is for humanity," Arizmendiz said.
Tuesday morning Arizmendiz called into the radio show The Voice of the Immigrant hosted by Bermudez, and asked Latinos and undocumented immigrants to attend the evening's vigil in support of Erfle's family.
"We are here to show that we do not agree with this criminal activity . . . and to send a message to parents to talk to their kids," said Chilean immigrant and Mesa resident Magdalena Schwartz.
"Undocumented children in schools and colleges have hopes and dreams too. We can prevent this kind of crime if we talk to our kids especially when they are in Junior High . . . remind yourself why you brought them here to this country."
About 15 Phoenix police officers were on hand to both mourn and patrol the scene. Schwartz said she felt that many undocumented people did not come out due to the police presence.
Those attending announced that they would hold a car wash to benefit the victim's family on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 1830 W. Glendale Ave. in Phoenix.

HemiDude
09-20-2007, 09:17 PM
i vote for the bullet in the head lesson....glad to see thats what he got :D :D
Yup...:mad:

Jordy
09-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Scumbag was part of a local gang according to the news....stick of dynomite up the punks ahole would of taught the mofo a little lesson. No respect for the badge or life itself...:confused:
Here's more:
Ex-Fiancée, Cousin Speak Out About Accused Cop Killer
September 20th, 2007 @ 8:15am
by KTAR Newsroom
Erik Martinez is the man accused of killing a Phoenix police officer and the woman he is accused of assaulting last summer is speaking out.
Ruby Salazar says she hopes his death is the start of a new life, without fear of her former fiancée. "I went through hell with this person. And honestly I can't feel sympathy for him."
Salazar tells CBS 5 Martinez nearly beat her to death, and in the process, he killed her unborn child.
He was deported after the incident, but returned to the Valley and Ruby says the threats continued.
"I mean I feel bad for his family, don't get me wrong, they are good people. I can't help but feel a sigh of relief for myself."
Salazar passes on her condolences to the family of Officer Erfle.
But a relative of Martinez is speaking out as well. "I felt bad because, you know, he got shot, too," says Johanna Rejas.
She says she's sorry the officer died, but she's also mourning the death of her cousin Erik Martinez. "I don't know what happened. I think was like the wrong thing to do -- kill a cop."
The group that organized the candlelight vigil tonight is immigrants against borders. The guy was just on the news. Have googled the group and can't find much on them. He was talking about what a tragedy this was (for his organization and their objective I'm sure) and said that you have to realize that this was a bad guy, no matter if he was illegal or not. Sure have to wonder if he made it to Ofc. Cortez's services a couple months ago even though he was killed by a meth head who happened to be white. :notam:

Jyruiz
09-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Freaking scum bag.:mad:

Baja Big Dog
09-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Think hes got family????

QuickJet
09-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Too bad we don't have a "Shoot on sight" border policy. :(

cave
09-21-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm a Chicano here in AZ and have beat this drum for years. There is a simple solution to this. Imprison the company owners who hire them. Take every penny they made from hiring them. Take away Forever there right to own, operate & manage a company. Then you will see 12+ million illegals going back to Mexico.
Because of these POS my family get looked upon as wetbacks. We have been in AZ longer than AZ has been a state. Yet my mom gets the go home comments all the time. Heaven help them if they say that shit to me. You see I'm in the middle. Proud American born & raised here. I'm light skinned so dont get the same treatment as my family. This is such a simple thing to fix. Too many greedy bastards out there who still hire them. Phocking traitors to our nation. They too bear the blood of our brave police officers.
Rant over:D
This Martinez is dead. Good ridden POS. Now I wonder if the authorities are checking his cousins to see if they are "mo how"!

Schiada76
09-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Hey what's the problem?
Deys joosts comes haers to werks, Si?
That piece of sub human filth needs to be tortured to death and his rotting corpse hung on the border fence as a warning.:mad: :mad:

Tequila-John
09-21-2007, 05:46 AM
sad shit for sure. My nieghbor is a Phx cop and he is a mess right now over this.

lawbreaker2
09-21-2007, 05:56 AM
I seen this comment over on the board for the paper,
"I'm all for securing the borders and becoming more stringent on immigration, but not all immigrants are bad people. It's unfortunate that one apple ruins the whole batch"
But thats the way it go's. One offroader throw's paper on the ground or runs over a plant, then they all must do it.:idea:
Shoot them all,:mad: There breaking the law.

Jordy
09-21-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm a Chicano here in AZ and have beat this drum for years. There is a simple solution to this. Imprison the company owners who hire them. Take every penny they made from hiring them. Take away Forever there right to own, operate & manage a company. Then you will see 12+ million illegals going back to Mexico.
You really think that this guy was gainfully employed??? :idea:
That is such an unrealisitic approach anyway, but this isn't the thread to discuss it in. :notam:

Big Warlock
09-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Because of these POS my family get looked upon as wetbacks. We have been in AZ longer than AZ has been a state. Yet my mom gets the go home comments all the time. Heaven help them if they say that shit to me. You see I'm in the middle. Proud American born & raised here. I'm light skinned so dont get the same treatment as my family. This is such a simple thing to fix. Too many greedy bastards out there who still hire them. Phocking traitors to our nation. They too bear the blood of our brave police officers.
This Martinez is dead. Good ridden POS. Now I wonder if the authorities are checking his cousins to see if they are "mo how"!
The reasoning can be applied to the last cop killing when the officer was killed in the check cashing case. I guess we need to kill all the white meth heads as well. (not too bad an idea I guess) He was legal, but did a similar crime. Unfortunately, he did not get killed at the scene and will most likely get life imprisonment.

OnlyMoney
09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Chris just got home from Phx last night and was telling me "it was a bad week for Phx" at dinner. My heart sunk when he said a cop died. It's just about the saddest thing to hear for me. They're trying to make the world right and protect it and then they get killed by terrible people. :(
God speed.

Hotfish
09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
one of the landscape companies I work for had half of his workers hauled off and taken back to Mexico. Not a week later they are back. What a joke. We gotta secure the borders or its not going to do a bit of good.

Big Warlock
09-21-2007, 08:47 AM
one of the landscape companies I work for had half of his workers hauled off and taken back to Mexico. Not a week later they are back. What a joke. We gotta secure the borders or its not going to do a bit of good.
Absolutely!!

PaPaG
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Out of the LAST 7 people killed in Phoenix this year 5 were killed by illegal's.
These criminals need to be put in jail without any restrictions by the states.
(or the libs)
This 8 year veteran cop has or should I say Had...a family and 2 kids and because of all the headaches and trouble the state gives PD when stopping or arresting an illegal (and the unwritten rule in a lot of jurisdictions) that his brothers in arms let the pile of crap criminal go free without checking with or reporting him to ICE..(I think the criminal was arrested 7 times up to date prior to him killing this officer).
ENOUGH SAID, its time to enforce our laws....or this country is going to go down the tubes and we might as well start to wave the French flag.... AHHHHHHH :mad: :mad:

BoatFloating
09-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I'll just say Scum Bags and Low Lifes have no borders. Illegal immigrants are a problem but nobody seems to have an answer to fix it.

Big Warlock
09-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I'll just say Scum Bags and Low Lifes have no borders. Illegal immigrants are a problem but nobody seems to have an answer to fix it.
Well said!!

BoatFloating
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
:mad: oh there is an anawer, it's already "law", if your illegal you will be deported.
The real problem is our own govt fighting each other for thier own gains, i.e. the hispanic VOTE !!, If they would do what the laws says we all wouldn't be grieveing another dead policeman due to an illegal immigrant here illegally !!! send them all back now !!, if they want to come here legally, do it legally, and just maybe, maybe we'll be able to weed out the undisreables, also let the Border Patrol do thier job, HANDS UNTIED !!! Thats why we do have a border, as do all countries.
You are living in a bubble if you think if they just enforce the law this police officer wouldn't be dead. People are murdered everyday and there is laws against murder. The problem is bigger than just enforcing the law. How about how did this illegal get a hand gun?????? There are laws against that too. I'm sure you never sped right? Laws aren't the answer just the solution after the fact. Illegal immigration is a problem and just putting laws in place doesn't solve it. All it does it create a carousel of people being deported and more people coming back in.
I don't have the answer other to say a young officer lost his life and it doesn't matter who and where the scum bag was from.

PaPaG
09-21-2007, 08:27 PM
This officer would not be dead if this ILLEGAL was not in our country. 7+ times arrested for crimes against our LEGAL citizens, if deported following the laws of this land this officer would not have had this specific confrontation with this specific illegal at this specific time thus his life would still be his not gone at the hands of this scum bag illegal criminal.....
Everything else is a mute point......

Some Kind Of Monster
09-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Illegals, in my opinion, are THE biggest problem with our great country today, and sadly the problem is getting worse. What is it going to take before everyone realizes what a huge problem he have on our hands? When are we going to wake up? Probably after it's too late. We are scary close to it being too late.

Wicky
09-21-2007, 08:41 PM
You are living in a bubble if you think if they just enforce the law this police officer wouldn't be dead. People are murdered everyday and there is laws against murder. The problem is bigger than just enforcing the law. How about how did this illegal get a hand gun?????? There are laws against that too. I'm sure you never sped right? Laws aren't the answer just the solution after the fact. Illegal immigration is a problem and just putting laws in place doesn't solve it. All it does it create a carousel of people being deported and more people coming back in.
I don't have the answer other to say a young officer lost his life and it doesn't matter who and where the scum bag was from.
There is no revenue generated enforcing illegal immigration. DUIs and traffic tickets are where the money is at. The illegal immigrants have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Most legal citizens who get a DUI or speeding ticket have a lot to lose and are willing to buy themselves out of trouble by hiring attorneys or paying fines to stay out of jail. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong.:)
Whoops...didn't mean to quote ya boat floating. My condolences to the family of the officer.

OverKill
09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Jimmy
Know matter what anyone says, I'm your friend;) . I don't care what the heck you look like, we have the same comon ground. Jet Boats.
OverKill

OverKill
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Illegals, in my opinion, are THE biggest problem with our great country today, and sadly the problem is getting worse. What is it going to take before everyone realizes what a huge problem he have on our hands? When are we going to make up? Probably after it's too late. We are scary close to it being too late.
Damn right Billy this shit is getting out of hand. There is no promotion for higher education, so we have nothing but alot of dumb shits making bad choices. Now lets put togther this boat shop we were talking about.
OverKill

Jordy
09-21-2007, 08:58 PM
:mad: oh there is an anawer, it's already "law", if your illegal you will be deported.
There is also a code that says that Phoenix PD can't stop,question, detain, arrest, etc, a subject based just upon their legal status regarding their location. If it becomes a matter of emergency health, they can transport the illegal to a treatment center. Other than that it's a FEDERAL problem...
NOBODY wants to deal with this... the city and state try, but their hands are tied. The feds and ICE are over worked and under manned... it's honestly not an easy fix... but it's a huge time bomb that is going to kick all of our asses....

Some Kind Of Monster
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Damn right Billy this shit is getting out of hand. There is no promotion for higher education, so we have nothing but alot of dumb shits making bad choices. Now lets put togther this boat shop we were talking about.
OverKill
;) Check your Pms James

Biglue
09-21-2007, 09:43 PM
This is a joke..... It just proves to me that "they"( what ever the hell you want to call um) have NO concept of right and wrong.
""I felt bad because, you know, he got shot, too," says Johanna Rejas. "
Oh fu(kin well-> he deserved it!~
"
asked Latinos and undocumented immigrants to attend the evening's vigil in support of Erfle's family."
These people are a bunch of sick bastards. Call um what they are -> human trash, criminals. I would hope to god that the cops at that funeral would shoot every illegal pos that that had the audacity to show up at that service.
Call me a racist if it makes you happy but this just goes to show you that the greater majority of the spokesholes for the Mexican community are so ignorant it's unbelievable. Does every person of Mexican decent think this way? I don't think so.
My question stands.... WHY don't our citizens of Hispanic origins get their heads outta their as*es and stand up for what's right instead of just banding togather like a pack of diseased animals with the attitude that "we have to stick togather despite what our "homeboy" has done." This is a reflection on all Hispanics and it's what turns people against them.
As far as I'm concerned, if you are NOT up in arms or upset at what these criminals are doing then you are just as guilty as they are. You are an accessory and a disgrace as a citizen of the USA.
Rio
Trust me Rio (Tio Rio :) ) Being hispanic, I am in now way condoning some movement resulting from this POS's death. It's a shame as you stated.
I respect what you post because you're not one to sugar coat what you have to say. The truth is not always your friend and you have no problem pointing out someone's truths. That being said, I have a little bit of a bone to pick with you.
This is a reflection on all Hispanics and it's what turns people against them.
What makes you think we Hispanics condone what this group of "Homies" did and their movement? I have about as hard a time with the "Brown Pride" types as you. For one, these dumb focks are a disgrace to Mexicans/Hispanics with their bullshit baggage they contribute in the form of stereotypes. Two, when Anglos such as yourself see these dudes, you seem to automatically cast that shadow of negativity to the rest of us. That's bullshit. When I see some POS tweeker with a bunch of Swastikas (sp?) all over the place, I don't see a "white POS"....I see a POS. Remember ole timer, we're on the same team here, just takes a little mutual respect. ;)

Hotfish
09-22-2007, 06:08 AM
What ever happened to coming to America and learning the English Language? My great Grandparents did it along with millions of others.
I get sick of seeing the Mexican flag being flown and not the American flag.
There seems to be no love and respect for this country that they are in ....illegally. I used to be a privilage and something you worked for to come to this country.....not a right.
I know several Hespanics and Russians who came here and became citizens the right way and to here them talk about what they came from brings tears to their eyes. Makes me appreciate how fortunate I am to be born here.

cave
09-22-2007, 06:22 AM
Jimmy
Know matter what anyone says, I'm your friend;) . I don't care what the heck you look like, we have the same comon ground. Jet Boats.
OverKill
Thanks Overkill.:D I in no way support this POS actions. I replied to Rio saying Chicanos are silent on this. Most Latinos I know are just a pissed as Anglo's. Difference being is that we live it. This coward is dead and I'm glad he got swift justice. Wrong thread to vent.
Its so frustrating when our own public officials side with these law breakers. If any one of us snuck into southern mexico we would be imprisoned at the least. Ask any Guatemalan illegal:D Some are killed for entering Mexico illegally.
From what I read this Martinez POS was popped in Scottsdale. Why didnt they give him to Uncle Joe? He seams to be the only public official that's doing anything about this. Why don't they round them up at the protest sites? Park the Got Dam INS Buses there so when the get there they can fill-em up! Line the streets with boarder patrol agents. Heck it don't get no easier than that! I'm still pissed at this POS who took the life of our Phoenix officer. Rest in Hell Focker.
If they ship all 12 million+ home I think we as Americans can overcome this little bump. We are Americans dammit. :jawdrop: Get er done!