PDA

View Full Version : Paging Wes... Few questions on the Revolution...

Scarab Jet
02-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Few questions Wes that I appreciate your answers to:
1) Those look like Legend bowls to me... If so, why did you choose Legend over the others?
2) How did you decide how long the ride plate should be? I.e., why not go [even] further back since you don't have the rudder getting in your way?
3) What brand are the droop snoots and did you really notice a big difference in your tests to justify putting them on there? The reason that I ask is that... I thought they only help the very small lighter boats with short free boards...
Thanx in advance for your reply and the best of luck to you... From what I've seen and read, Revolution is truely an outstanding combination... Would like to get a chance to get a ride in it one of these days... Perhaps can talk my wife into upgrading...
Mike...

john f2000
02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I just purchased an Ultra 23xs with a blown 572 and a dual jet drive. All I can say is that I was initially a skeptic until I bought this. It does everything they say it can do. It stears better at idle than my 19 south wind and it litteraly puts you in your seat when you hammer it. I think 0 to 60 is around 6 seconds. No cavitation and on plane instantly. This boat is heavy compared to my southwind which has a dual holley tunnel ram, built 460 and the Dual jet smokes it. And not to mention one of the biggest rooster tails you can imagine. Sorry for going on and on, but I am sold on it, this is worth the investment.

Phat Matt
02-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I just purchased an Ultra 23xs with a blown 572 and a dual jet drive. All I can say is that I was initially a skeptic until I bought this. It does everything they say it can do. It stears better at idle than my 19 south wind and it litteraly puts you in your seat when you hammer it. I think 0 to 60 is around 6 seconds. No cavitation and on plane instantly. This boat is heavy compared to my southwind which has a dual holley tunnel ram, built 460 and the Dual jet smokes it. And not to mention one of the biggest rooster tails you can imagine. Sorry for going on and on, but I am sold on it, this is worth the investment.
So Ultra is now building a dual jet?

al cole'holic
02-26-2006, 01:05 PM
So Ultra is now building a dual jet?
I think they was doing it a while back...and let's not forget Bombardier, SeaDoo, and Yamaha who was doing it way way back :boxed:

Phat Matt
02-26-2006, 01:28 PM
I think they was doing it a while back...and let's not forget Bombardier, SeaDoo, and Yamaha who was doing it way way back :boxed:
I guess I just never heard much of it besides the sea doo type boats.

slink
02-26-2006, 01:54 PM
They had one a few years back at thier old Norco shop. Dont know who's it was, but is was set up with dual jets

Froggystyle
02-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Few questions Wes that I appreciate your answers to:
1) Those look like Legend bowls to me... If so, why did you choose Legend over the others?
2) How did you decide how long the ride plate should be? I.e., why not go [even] further back since you don't have the rudder getting in your way?
3) What brand are the droop snoots and did you really notice a big difference in your tests to justify putting them on there? The reason that I ask is that... I thought they only help the very small lighter boats with short free boards...
Thanx in advance for your reply and the best of luck to you... From what I've seen and read, Revolution is truely an outstanding combination... Would like to get a chance to get a ride in it one of these days... Perhaps can talk my wife into upgrading...
Mike...
Thanks for the interest... Replies in order...
1) Legend is doing a great job building high quality jets out of the box. They are better detailed than anything else we looked at, and they have the added benefit of being CNC cut on the front mount surface which allows them to bolt without any drama to the gearbox. Basically, the pumps are higher quality fit and finish for what we are building with better, closer tolerances.
2) Ride plate length was determined during initial dual drive testing. It could go back further, but we have a ton of tail lift in the boat anyway, so have considered shortening it actually. Experience and trial and error will further dial in the underwater hardware for increased performance, but right now the system works flawlessly, is extremely stable and safe and has outstanding performance.
3) They are indeed Legend droops. The droops do a lot of good things, including roll-on performance and lower thrust point. You also get increased leverage on the transom, which aids in low speed maneuverability. The lower exit also allows the reverse buckets to be more effective with a lower exit allowing more reverse thrust to go under the boat. We never tested without the droops, as I have never seen a jet setup not benefit from them. Expense would be the only reason not to in my opinion.
I would love an opportunity to show you and your wife the boat and perhaps get you out on the water. Drop me a PM when it would be convenient, and we will be there.
Regards,
Wes

Froggystyle
02-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Also... to everyone... Ultra is not building dual drives. Harold Bruce sold the Ultra 23xs to John F2000 (Bitchin truck by the way... anyone into super cool off-road rigs should definitely check out www.fordF2000.com ) which was a prototype they built with the older generation drive. Very cool boat with great performance for such a large beast.