PDA

View Full Version : Pop Off Valves Miersh

Willis
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Hello People
If you need a Pop Off, Roy has them in stock.
There going FAST
760-728-3934

UBFJ #454
09-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Good Spam Post Willis!
What's next ... Another NJBA Offical Spamming Torco?

'75 Miller
09-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Good Spam Post Willis!
Are you just kidding....or a dick?

Willis
09-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Good Spam Post Willis!
No Joke Man,
Just talked to Roy yesterday.
I needed some inside parts that I broke and its taken a long time for Roy to get his supplies in stock.
Willis

Johnwithjm
09-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Good Spam Post Willis!
What's next ... Another NJBA Offical Spamming Torco?Looks like Willis was just letting people know about the valves. As for Busby he helps out alot of racers with fuel is that a problem? Are you comming to the next NJBA race and set the record in UBFJ?

UBFJ #454
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
No, Not a Dick ... My names Jak ... If you personally have a problem with that I'm Sure I can 'Accomodate' You the next Time we Race at Ming ... Please feel free to stop by and Introduce yourself ... If, as CrewChief, I'm not wrenching, I'll make time to speak with you ... I always have time for Jet Boat Racers ... Heck, I might even learn something from you ... never Know.

UBFJ #454
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Looks like Willis was just letting people know about the valves. As for Busby he helps out alot of racers with fuel is that a problem? Are you comming to the next NJBA race and set the record in UBFJ?
John ... Busby is Busby and what is between he and I is between He and I ... I've said my piece in Public about my disagreement(s) ... we'll settle it in person, or not ... whatever happens as regards that happens, no loss of sleep here ...
Regarding Record Setting ... Who Knows ... All I have been doing over this past period of time is try to figure out how to make our boat Quick ... Most everyone has said that our Brendella hull can't even go 8's ... we're now running consistient 7.90's with a dip into the 7.60's ... I Truly have no idea where we can run now ... we have a new pump because we hit the wall on the old Berkeley SetUp ... I Honestly don't know where we're going to wind up with the new setup ...
I do know we're 'Shaking Things Out' Here locally before we make the EXPENSIVE HAUL to Ming ... we just have to figure things out here before we come to 'The Clocks'.
As far as Records ... If someone runs one and backs it up ... They have it ... We only Run against The Clock ... No one or, anything else ..... The 'Clock' Tells All ... The Clock is what it's all about for us ... People and BS just get in My Way of 'Tuning For My CREW'.

'75 Miller
09-21-2007, 05:40 PM
No, Not a Dick ... My names Jak ... If you personally have a problem with that I'm Sure I can 'Accomodate' You the next Time we Race at Ming ... Please feel free to stop by and Introduce yourself ... If, as CrewChief, I'm not wrenching, I'll make time to speak with you ... I always have time for Jet Boat Racers ... Heck, I might even learn something from you ... never Know.
Wow. No, Jak I have no problem. Not at all. Just curious is all. I was under the impression that spamming was an attempt to sell something, not merely being cool enough to inform fellow racers/enthusiasts of the availability of parts.
Your thinly veiled threats are a little unnecessary, but whatever...no problem here.

sdpm
09-21-2007, 05:53 PM
John ... Busby is Busby and what is between he and I is between He and I ... I've said my piece in Public about my disagreement(s) ... we'll settle it in person, or not ... whatever happens as regards that happens, no loss of sleep here ...
Regarding Record Setting ... Who Knows ... All I have been doing over this past period of time is try to figure out how to make our boat Quick ... Most everyone has said that our Brendella hull can't even go 8's ... we're now running consistient 7.90's with a dip into the 7.60's ... I Truly have no idea where we can run now ... we have a new pump because we hit the wall on the old Berkeley SetUp ... I Honestly don't know where we're going to wind up with the new setup ...
I do know we're 'Shaking Things Out' Here locally before we make the EXPENSIVE HAUL to Ming ... we just have to figure things out here before we come to 'The Clocks'.
As far as Records ... If someone runs one and backs it up ... They have it ... We only Run against The Clock ... No one or, anything else ..... The 'Clock' Tells All ... The Clock is what it's all about for us ... People and BS just get in My Way of 'Tuning For My CREW'.
Hey Jak, where has your boat ran 7.60's? When was the last time it was in the water? If I'm not mistaken, I don't ever recall seeing that boat ever make a full pass and it was somewhere in the high 8's. Help me out here! I've see alot of talk but not much action.

UBFJ #454
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow. No, Jak I have no problem. Not at all. Just curious is all. I was under the impression that spamming was an attempt to sell something, not merely being cool enough to inform fellow racers/enthusiasts of the availability of parts.
Your thinly veiled threats are a little unnecessary, but whatever...no problem here.
No Threats, thinly veiled or otherwise, come on over and introduce yourself if, and/or when we can make it to Ming ... Anyone who knows me will vouch that I'm quite reasonable (except my Crew ... They say I talk too much and give away too much information ... yeah, maybe ... sometimes???) ...
Would like to meet you ... Come to our Pit and hunt ne out ... I'm the Old One that has an 'Attitude' ...You can't miss me.
Jak

UBFJ #454
09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Jak, where has your boat ran 7.60's? When was the last time it was in the water? If I'm not mistaken, I don't ever recall seeing that boat ever make a full pass and it was somewhere in the high 8's. Help me out here! I've see alot of talk but not much action.
Keep 'Snipeing' at Me Neil ..... I'm from Missouri ... The 'Show Me State' ... I/My Team Show ... Ask Jim Guthrie how far our Boats was behind Jerry's Record Run of 7.46 ... Less than 1/2 a boat ... so you do the Calc.'s ... Also have Two (2) other Time Tickets .....
What's You're Frigg'iiiiiiin Problem ..... Worried about someone might build a jet boat that can smoke your ProMod? Christ Guy, Get A Life! ...... But,
You Never Know, Do Yah?

sdpm
09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Keep 'Snipeing' at Me Neil ..... I'm from Missouri ... The 'Show Me State' ... I/My Team Show ... Ask Jim Guthrie how far our Boats was behind Jerry's Record Run of 7.46 ... Less than 1/2 a boat ... so you do the Calc.'s ... Also have Two (2) other Time Tickets .....
What's You're Frigg'iiiiiiin Problem ..... Worried about someone might build a jet boat that can smoke your ProMod? Christ Guy, Get A Life! ...... But,
You Never Know, Do Yah?
I don't care where your from! All I know is that you always get on here and tell everyone that your boat or whoever owns it that it runs these 7 sec runs and I have looked at all the past races even from last year and have never seen it. That's my problem! As far as being worried about a jet beating my promod, I think that would be great. I would love to see a jet run faster than 6.66 (pg. 41 of of July's Hot Magazine and yes Hot Boat does have a magazine!). No problem and I have a great life to boot!;)

BigBlockOldsJet
09-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Ask Jim Guthrie how far our Boats was behind Jerry's Record Run of 7.46 ... Less than 1/2 a boat ... so you do the Calc.'s ...
I believe the term is Red Light, leaving early would be the only way you would be less than half a boat length behind Jerry. I'm with Neil on this one, I have never seen or heard your boat ever making it into the 7's, let alone making a full pass. There has been a lot of talk, but not much of anything else.

Outlaw
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow (Time out so I can get some more POP CORN)
I believe the part about OLD and Attitude

bp
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
i don't know about .60's, but i did see it run in the high 7's, low 8.0s... but it's been awhile. hopefully, they're back soon.
but i'm not sure what any of that has to do with valve parts???

sdpm
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
No drama here. It's just that there are only a few UBFJ's that have (recently) and can run in the 7's let alone in the mid 7's. I think I can count them on 1 hand. We all know Jerry does, Mike M., Mike H./JP, Keith Z, and that's all I can think of. Who am I missing? All I am saying is if the Black Mamba ran those #'s I have never seen or even heard about it.

sdpm
09-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Your right Bob, sorry about the hi-jak!:D

bp
09-21-2007, 07:47 PM
No drama here. It's just that there are only a few UBFJ's that have (recently) and can run in the 7's let alone in the mid 7's. I think I can count them on 1 hand. We all know Jerry does, Mike M., Mike H./JP, Keith Z, and that's all I can think of. Who am I missing? All I am saying is if the Black Mamba ran those #'s I have never seen or even heard about it.
minor correction; keith ran his numbers as a pgj, not an ubfj. he did run ubfj with his old 11 second lake daytona 9 years ago, but that hardly ran the numbers discussed here. we did get bumped into the ubfj class a few times, and got to run jerry, because at the time there weren't any other pgj's.
interestingly, tom ennis's old wildercraft ran in the high 7's in ubfj. that boat is back out there running in either the 9's or 9.50s with the same old ford hemi that tom used to squeeze.

sdpm
09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
That's right, I forgot about Tom. Wasn't that a injected nitro engine. I just remember talking to Rick Green about that thing and they kept killing the cranks almost at every race. What about the Cotton Candy boat. What class did it run in?

BUSBY
09-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing that this is directed at me Jak? And how does how I make a living constitute spamming? I am a Torco Distributor, that's my job ... and you have a problem with that?
NJBA doesn't mandate the use of it ... so what's your point, my position w/ NJBA doesn't have anything to do with it. If you knew what you were speaking about here, you wouldn't be here speaking about a thankless job. Do you think it's profitable or fun selling fuel at the races? I beg to differ. If you think you can do a better job, I will gladly step aside and let you take the venue.
We definately have nothing between us, I want to make that perfectly clear, and as far as I know ... we haven't had any disagreements.
I do know you wanted me to take an engine of mine and put it in another boat that you said I wouldn't be able to drive & I decided that I wasn't going to entertain that offer ... but other than that ... you don't even know me, we have never really spoken about anything at length other than that.
Please keep me out of your conversations and refrain from speaking about me when you are ignorant to what you are speaking about.
Thank you.

pattymelt18
09-22-2007, 05:15 AM
That's right, I forgot about Tom. Wasn't that a injected nitro engine. I just remember talking to Rick Green about that thing and they kept killing the cranks almost at every race. What about the Cotton Candy boat. What class did it run in?
yes it was injected nitro now i think its his grandson who drives like bob said they run in the 9s .

Cs19
09-22-2007, 07:35 AM
there are only a few UBFJ's that have (recently) and can run in the 7's
I think you might see a few new guys dip in the 7s at the next 2 Bakersfield races, they have been getting quicker all season and the conditions will only get better, will be entertaining to see who makes it into the 7 sec club.. More importantly hope everyone stays safe, running in the 7s in a jetboat is insane.
For the record Ive seen the Mamba run in the 7.9s before.
Ok carry on with the drama...

Cs19
09-22-2007, 07:42 AM
yes it was injected nitro now i think its his grandson who drives like bob said they run in the 9s .
Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
Rob Burklin in the red boat, Ive seen it run in the 9.30s before, may have ran better, not sure.. We raced him in the White Knight and I met him at the outramp, nice guy.

bp
09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
What about the Cotton Candy boat. What class did it run in?
ubfj:D you can still see it at this site: http://www.citlink.net/~norwall/CottonCandy.HTML
that was an "old" stealth layup, like fast freddies. very smooth.

McIntyrelocal
09-22-2007, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=cs19;2802615]Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
yeah it was some food for thought for us,just to get a reaction in the lagoon we'll see next year.

jweeks123
09-22-2007, 09:27 AM
... Ask Jim Guthrie how far our Boats was behind Jerry's Record Run of 7.46 ... Less than 1/2 a boat ... so you do the Calc.'s ... bakersfield, ca, oct 20-21 2007 would be the time to walk the walk.
the ubfj class gets better every race
jw

sdpm
09-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Can you imagine someone putting in a modern injected nitro motor like you see in TAD in a tunnell boat, that would be BAD ASS.
Rob Burklin in the red boat, Ive seen it run in the 9.30s before, may have ran better, not sure.. We raced him in the White Knight and I met him at the outramp, nice guy.
You are going to see one in a flat real soon!;)

Cs19
09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
You are going to see one in a flat real soon!;)
Really? Lets hear about it already.

sdpm
09-22-2007, 04:41 PM
It's not really a secret, But I don't think I am going to say anything just yet. You guys might even see it at the next NJBA race for some test and tune. It should be real interesting to say the least.;)

BUSBY
09-22-2007, 06:44 PM
It's not really a secret, But I don't think I am going to say anything just yet. You guys might even see it at the next NJBA race for some test and tune. It should be real interesting to say the least.;)
umm ... per NJBA's rule book, #3 in the Fuel section clearly states that flat bottom v-drive boats may not run nitromethane ...
sorry to rain on the parade, but it's my job ... don't kill the mailman, I don't make the rules, just enforce them.
Sorry ... I hope that I am reading this wrong & there is some miscommunication and it's a really big alcohol injected motor :D

Cs19
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Neil, lets just put it in my daytona and run UBFJ. ;)

pattymelt18
09-22-2007, 10:46 PM
umm ... per NJBA's rule book, #3 in the Fuel section clearly states that flat bottom v-drive boats may not run nitromethane ...
sorry to rain on the parade, but it's my job ... don't kill the mailman, I don't make the rules, just enforce them.
Sorry ... I hope that I am reading this wrong & there is some miscommunication and it's a really big alcohol injected motor :D
i was thinkn the same thing but didnt want to start any conflict that rule has been in effect for a long time.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Actually he is a fukking DICK!!!!!!!! Instead of comming to me like a man he sent the PD to my house:mad: All he had to do was pm me on here and I would have called him to work things out.
Remember these words Jack.......:idea::idea:
We Natives here in Arizona ... Especially We Few Racers ... Take Care of Our Own As Is Appropriate.
Once Greg Carr's boat was recognized on the recent post on 'Hot Boats' some things were 'Set in Motion' here Locally and the results are now evident to all ... By no means is the investigation into the whole matter and what actually transpired complete ... Everyone can be assured of that.

Willis
09-23-2007, 07:55 AM
bp,
did you get settled in your retirement?
Are you running the NJBA next year??
Willis

sdpm
09-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi Brian, it's not me or anything I am involved with. I didn't know about the rule and I am not sure this guy does either, so I will pass it on to him so there won't be any issues. I guess he will just have to make his first runs in Phoenix. Thanks guys.;)

sdpm
09-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Neil, lets just put it in my daytona and run UBFJ. ;)
Hi Chris, the UBFJ class looks like it back up and alive. I wish Mike M's boat was still availible, we were just talking about maybe jumping in again. 8.0's to 8.30's is fine , it's when the #'s start dipping under that 8 second mark is when it gets a little uncomfortable for me in a jet (not that I would drive anyways)!;)

Cs19
09-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Chris, the UBFJ class looks like it back up and alive. I wish Mike M's boat was still availible, we were just talking about maybe jumping in again. 8.0's to 8.30's is fine , it's when the #'s start dipping under that 8 second mark is when it gets a little uncomfortable for me in a jet (not that I would drive anyways)!;)
Couldnt agree more, dipping into the 7s in a jetboat is sketchy. I hear alot of guys talking about how its no big deal but its always the guys that dont drive saying that. Would be cool to see you guys in UBFJ, lots of good racing right now. Jerry has minimum .5 on the competition so its a race for 2nd but its still fun.

sdpm
09-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I heard that Tom B. might have something for Jerry real soon. Sounds like it might be the "TOM and JERRY" Show!:D

bp
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
bp,
did you get settled in your retirement?
yes, thanks for asking:D
Are you running the NJBA next year??
Willis
i -should- see you in october, so you can ask me then:D

pattymelt18
09-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I heard that Tom B. might have something for Jerry real soon. Sounds like it might be the "TOM and JERRY" Show!:D
People have tryn to catch jerry for a long time as short as ive been around about eight years they have been tryn too so hopefully tom gives him a good run for his money.mike millers new boat should be a good showing also cant count him out.nor cs or john and cant cant count out sofa for all the improvements hes made next year might be tough for everybody in that class be fun to watch.

Cs19
09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
nor cs
NOT!