PDA

View Full Version : Baja 1000 map...

Baja Big Dog
09-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Some folks were talking about going to the 1000 to watch. This is a pretty good map.
Looks like some pretty good viewing on hiway 3 about 70 miles from Ensanada. Otherwise its not a very highway friendly course!!!
http://www.oldhorseracing.org/attachments/Baja07Tent3.JPG

INI
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
this year Mexico is going to be a mess....
WOW I cant belive how much is going into this baja mil

CNeidhart
09-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi BBD,
We are cruising over from the mainland side. Our boat is in San Carlos (Guaymas) and with the three choices I see from the map. The best and farthest looks like Bahia de Los Angles. Are you familiar with the area from HM620 to HM655.
We have been to the Bahia ConcepciĆ³n a few times and that would again would be a perfect location for us to cross.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Baja Big Dog
09-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi BBD,
We are cruising over from the mainland side. Our boat is in San Carlos (Guaymas) and with the three choices I see from the map. The best and farthest looks like Bahia de Los Angles. Are you familiar with the area from HM620 to HM655.
We have been to the Bahia ConcepciĆ³n a few times and that would again would be a perfect location for us to cross.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
If you have access to a vehicle you can see some racing between hm620 and hm655, Loreto is beautiful, and the racing there gets good, problem is the locals are crazy, (it took us an hour to get out of town from the BF Goodrich pits last year, insane....)since the race has never gone through there before last year, which is race mile 859 to rm 906 of a 1300 mile race. You wont see a lot of cars down there due to the high attrition rate, Bay of L.A. is beautiful, you can take a shore boat in and walk about 200 yards to the main highway (street) through town, which is the race course, problem is they have speed limits on the highway, and you wont see much racing. A lot of guys do driver changes there.

mxbundy
09-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Does the course shadow the highways, or is the map drawn so that just looks like it does? Or is their alot of miles of road running?

MikeF
09-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Bay of LA would likely be the easiest to see from near/in the water. The road runs along the bottom half of the bay....you should be able to see the dust clouds as the vehicles tear down the road.
I'd moor right in front of Camp Gecko and take a tender in. The road is about 300 yards from there w/ some minor turns so the action would be not too bad right there.
I can give you gps coordinates for the area just in front of our camp and then you can use those to go just about 1/2km south to Camp Gecko.:)
Cool Map BBD!

CNeidhart
09-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Thanks a lot. It looks like the Bahia Los Angles it is. If you could send the GPS cordinance it would make life easy. Look for us we'll be on the "Nauti Dog"

MikeF
09-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Thanks a lot. It looks like the Bahia Los Angles it is. If you could send the GPS cordinance it would make life easy. Look for us we'll be on the "Nauti Dog"
I'll dig out the GPS tonight and post when I've found the #'s. :)

MikeF
09-24-2007, 05:22 AM
Just found it. :D
N 28 54 526
W 113 31 796

Baja Big Dog
09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
B of L.A. is a great place...but remember, you sont see any racing there, its onthe highway, and there is a speed limit...its 60MPH though!!! It was exciting there last year, the town gets all pumped up, and the crowds from "outsiders" are low, because its a pain in the ass to get to for the locals....:D

MikeF
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
BBD. That map is gone now.?!
It did show the race course leading through the south of the town going towards San Fransiquito. It's all dirt road just south of town.
I'd imagine the 60mph is only on the tarmac through town.
If you can find the map again, please post it.:)