antonmies
02-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Are Faria gauges any good and reliable?

ScapeGoat
02-26-2006, 02:58 PM
decent entry leval custom and price

malcolm
02-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Had them in my Spectra for years. No problems.

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 05:51 PM
How are they compared to AUTOMETER in pricing. I payed a small fortune for 5 gauges and still have 3 more to go. Buuuuuuuuttttt AUTOMETER has a GPS speedo that's the shizznit.

IMPATIENT 1
02-26-2006, 06:32 PM
unless you buy plan on buyin the upper level ones, don't waste your money.i'm replacing 3 of the new ones i put in last yr..they were the 180.00 set and sux'd the big one.the oil gauge quit the first time out after 25minutes, i thought i lost oil pressure on the new motor durin break in,so i paddle a mile back to the damn dock!!!!!!!the fuel gauge lasted long enough to run me outta gas way-away from the dock on a unfamaliar lake!the tach reads 5k at @4775rpm. pm me, i have a set of white face teleflex cheap.

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 06:38 PM
unless you buy plan on buyin the upper level ones, don't waste your money.i'm replacing 3 of the new ones i put in last yr..they were the 180.00 set and sux'd the big one.the oil gauge quit the first time out after 25minutes, i thought i lost oil pressure on the new motor durin break in,so i paddle a mile back to the damn dock!!!!!!!the fuel gauge lasted long enough to run me outta gas way-away from the dock on a unfamaliar lake!the tach reads 5k at @4775rpm. pm me, i have a set of white face teleflex cheap.Well I'm glad a sprang for the autometers. paddleing sux the big one. :cry:

sleekcrafter
02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Heres something in between Auto meter and Faria guages.
SS competition (http://www.sscompetition.com/list_products.php?MenuId=1)
Sleek

IMPATIENT 1
02-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Heres something in between Auto meter and Faria guages.
SS competition (http://www.sscompetition.com/list_products.php?MenuId=1)
Sleek
sleek, do you run these?i seen a post with this link and was checkin em out and diggin em. wanted to know reliablity.

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Look kinda generic, but the price is good.

sleekcrafter
02-26-2006, 07:24 PM
sleek, do you run these?i seen a post with this link and was checkin em out and diggin em. wanted to know reliablity.
I have not, run them, but they don't look too shabby either. If they are wanting to get into the market, they can't afford to be junk, one would not think, if it were true they would be gone quick for sure.
Sleek

FLEA DIDDY
02-26-2006, 07:25 PM
I have not, run them, but they don't look too shabby either. If they are wanting to get into the market, they can't afford to be junk, one would not think, if it were true they would be gone quick for sure.
SleekYup, this forum alone can spell the end for shotty parts, lol

jtmarten
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I picked up a Faria tach w/hour meter last year while building my motor. The tach read way off, like 5500 when I was at 3000. Sent it in for repair, hoping to get the same one back because the hours were the actual hours on the engine. They sent a new one with 0 hours on it :mad: . It lasted long enough to install and power up. Got to the lake and it was dead. Sent that one back, got another new one, which worked well last year. Within about 50 rpm of the reading I showed on my digital timing light. Their customer service was really good though. The turn around time on the second return was only 2 weeks.

malcolm
02-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Hmmm, I must of been lucky. My Faria tach works great. :boxed: Crap! And I was just going to get the matching speedo. :skull:

antonmies
02-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Damn. It seems to bee a fifty/sixty deal for Faria then... The Euro series is what I was looking for.
I checked some pics of Teleflex and there are pretty many new tachos on eBay that don't show 0 rpm but 400 or even 800rpm. Is it normal for them? It certainly don't give reliable image of them.. However I foud their Driftwood and Sand Dune lines pretty nice.
Those SS:s look a bit generic, but I guess that reliability is the main issue here. Paddleing SUCKS!
I'm after at least following gauges: RPM, boost, water temperature, oil temperature, oil pressure(mechanical), fuel level, volts and perhaps something else useful.

Rexone
02-27-2006, 03:21 AM
We sell quite a bit of Faria, along with Beede, and AutoMeter. We actually have very few warranty issues with Faria. And they have a very good warranty policy (http://www.faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/Mar_Warr.pdf) , 3 years free replacement, after that replace for a reasonable fee.
Faria and Beede both do a large amount of private labeling for many boat builders, most the builders that have their names in their gauges are built by Faria or Beede as well as aftermarket companies like the Hardin gauges.

sleekcrafter
03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I did talk with the Owner of SS Competition today, about his Exhaust Mufflers, quite in depth too, also talked about the guages. They are Marine Guages, All guages are based off Mercruiser senders. they only senders they stock are for, oil temp, and water temp (same unit) He is new to the market place and is looking to grow, As he put it. I've got a few projects to wind up, I think I'm going to try the "single guage set" A call, wound up being 35 minutes, seems like a good guy.
Sleek