PDA

View Full Version : Vac-gauge?

H20MOFO
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Anyone Have A Good Spot For A Vacumn Gauge? I Have An Old Edelbrock Single 4 High Rise #ur2x. Anyway There Is A Gasket Between The Upper Plenum And The Lower Runners.. I Think I Have A Vac. Leak There .could I Just Weld Them Together(the Upper Plenum And The Runners?) I Realize I Couldn't Weld All Sides Of The Inside Of The Intake?

MudPumper
09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Why not just check for leaks and replace the gaskets if needed?

Sleeper CP
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM
You can pull it apart and use some gasket silicone. Or gasket paper material. But I think the high temp silicone would do the job.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Anyone Have A Good Spot For A Vacumn Gauge? I Have An Old Edelbrock Single 4 High Rise #ur2x. Anyway There Is A Gasket Between The Upper Plenum And The Lower Runners.. I Think I Have A Vac. Leak There .could I Just Weld Them Together(the Upper Plenum And The Runners?) I Realize I Couldn't Weld All Sides Of The Inside Of The Intake?
you can spray wd40 or carb cleaner around where you think the leak is while the motor is runnin, and if it reacts to the spray, it'll pinpoint your leak
i bought a ole weiand tram at a flea market once and the intake was pretty warped where the top plate mounted. i had both pieces milled, called weiand about gaskets, they sent them to me for FREE:D . never leaked after that..
put a straight edge on the intake and adapter, have it milled if needed, put a new gasket in.

RCB19
09-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Too many tacos!!! Beerjet OUT! Yardsale!

H20MOFO
09-22-2007, 08:10 AM
From The Top With My Carb Off I Can't See Ant Hardware Bolting The 2 Together. I'll Have To Try The W-d Thing. My Machineist Says I Shouldn't Have To Be Rejettin My 800dp Richer. It Could Even Be Leakin At The Carb Base My Intake Has A Couple Of Real Skinny Spots There, Isn't Rtv A No-no There.