PDA

View Full Version : Baja,Scarab,Velocity,Sonic,Active Thunder?

ecoast
07-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Looking for help with these boats. Any S.Florida boaters have experience with these manufacturers in the 25'-30' range? Or do you recommend any others?

KCook
07-12-2002, 07:48 PM
You may find some FL guys at www.offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com)
Kelly

baja25sst
07-13-2002, 04:00 AM
Purchased a 25 Baja Outlaw SST 2002 model from Pro Boats in Stuart FL (proboats@hotmail.com). Not a big dealership but what I feel are great prices and really good after the purchase customer support (ask for Heather and Joe)!!! I have been extremely impressed with my Baja hull and overall boat design. Baja themselves need to improve their "CUSTOMER SUPPORT DIVISION" and QUALITY ASSURANCE technicians though.

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by KCook:
You may find some FL guys at www.offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com)
Kelly
Ditto on that one... You should be able to get lots of feedback on those boats at offshoreonly.com

RJE
07-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Ecoast I was asking the same question about 1yr ago, and I got alot of different answers. Guy's I know around here on Cal Delta either own a eastcoast boat and swear by most builders from the east, or own westcoast boats and pretty much stick by what they bought. Then Hot Boat did a shoot out on 22's, I was pissed that they were all west coast, so I wrote the editor asking why won't they make it fair and include Donzi, Active Thunder, or Velocity which I was considering at the time. No response, all I could think of then was that they did'nt want their bread and butter builders to get spread. I was still confused, and I wanted to get my second boat right especially for the amount of coin these rigs cost. Now I have a friend who owns a 97 25' Active Thunder with a 502 and he swears by his boat, and boats of the east. I've been in two poker runs, and the only boats beating us are 30' and up. Boats 25-30 only hang or start to pass us in the smooth because they are running more power, or their hull gets brave on swimming pool size ripples, then as soon as it gets rough we smoke em. Now I want a 496MAG H.O. THUNDER 25 RAPPED APE! Are there many ATB's south, not that many know what brand 25'& 32' impressed them until we meet at the dock. P.S. There are now 3 more west coast boats 4sale here.

nhbuoy
07-29-2002, 07:44 PM
EASTCOAST, You can't go wrong with a VELOCITY.I owned a 22 OB,and a 30 w/triple 225's.Nothing could touch them.Top end,rough water,handling etc.The 22 did an honest 72 with my WIFE driving. The only mods on the mariner 200 were lightly shaved heads,exhaust relieved,liner removed,solid mounts,motor mounted 1.5 inches higher,labbed 24 prop.That boat was the BALLS.The 30 ran middle 90's w/no drama. The only thing with the VELOCITY is you can"t just get in and get the BIG number.It takes some seat time to find the boat's sweet spot. Hustler makes a nice 26 footer.I had one with twin 300 Tempests and the boat was sweet but the motors were a constant headache. When it was running it did 74.I would suggest one huge HP IO or twin 300 merc OBs to make it sing. Sonic makes a nice 25-26 footer as well. The hull is a no nonsense design built for rough water and are pretty much indestructible. Twister makes a 24 footer that holds it's own on the offshore circuit.It's a no frills boat and is priced accordingly. Another company is Custom Line boat manufacturing. They have many molds of many types of boats.They build private label boats.They build a damn good boat for the money.EG:About 10 years ago,Powerboat mag tested a 21 Stallion w/a 200 OB.It got very high marks in all categories. That boat was built by Custom line.They build a full line of offshore boats that will last. There are others but my brain is tired. VELOCITY BOATS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!